Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,960 members, 7,799,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? (27049 Views)

Poll: Italy Or France?

Italy: 31% (5 votes)
France: 68% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / TB Joshua: Eagles Will Win On Sunday / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by johnny122: 12:18am On Jan 03, 2006
So in summary:

The team that has the best chance of winning: Brazil

Other teams that have a good chance of doing it: England, Germany, Argentina

Teams that have a small chance:Italy, France, Holland, Spain

The rest of the teams who are not mentioned have a longshot at best.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by nicetohave(m): 12:19am On Jan 03, 2006
Aye sir cheesy
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by sage(m): 3:38am On Jan 03, 2006
@ johnny112 I dont fully agree with u. All England players are surely hyped, even the chelsea ones (to a point where they were arguing that lampard is better than Ronaldinho) and i am sure that with there near non existent skills the way the media presents them as the second most complete team after Brazil makes them a caricature. They want to produce a pele or maradonna or Zidane by force since they were the ones that invented football. Non of the england players march the hype in anyway whatsoever.

Back to the teams
1 Brazil
2 Argentina
3 Italy
4 Germany

I dont think england would make it into the semifinals (and guess what, theyl still have an excuse and still keep on hyping their players and keep on failing on each occasion)
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by nicetohave(m): 4:20am On Jan 03, 2006
ododo oro (true talk)
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Littleone(m): 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2006
The hype about who is winning and who cannot win is something else. Of course, Brazil has all to win it. I am not ruling them out. And I would rule out my beloved England (they are good), my rugged Germany (host factor) and probably Argentina. Between this four, we have our champion. Don't be surprised if Portugal pull one or two tricks.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by luridguy(m): 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2006
wow johnny112 u know nuttin of the england team and mostly beckham(no hard feelings) what has over hyped got anything to do with winning the world cup the team is looking good and the coach would most likely not start both gerrad and lampard one of them will be benched most likely gerrad just like in there friendly against argentina............

and if beckham was difficult to work with he would not even be the captain in the first place u should see dis guy hold down a mid field he would not have been among the best 3 in the world if he was not good..and plz he was famous b4 he married one of the spice girls

ok ill agree with u concerning owen but Rio Ferdinand is one of the most relaible defenders in the premiership right now .............but i still put them behind argentina when it comes to winning the cup so its brasil argentina then england and germany hey dont forget the guys in orange...... holland they stand a chance
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2006
I won't cut Germany out of the picture! AS for Argentina, Let's just hope they get to the Quarter Finals!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2006
I guess Angola'll win the World Cup!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by nicetohave(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2006
or better still, Trinidad and Tobago cool tongue
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bati19: 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2006
cheesy why you ppl think brazil will win it again da furthest they will get is the semi finals ARGENTINA N ITALY OR GERMANY R GOIN ALL DA WAY ARGENTINA #1
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Machito: 3:27am On Jan 17, 2006
Listen, some of what you guys have to say is sort of true, Brazil is an amazing team, but i guarantee u they do get some lucky shots, and i doubt they are gona take the cup again. Some teams have more heart this year, Argentina has a crazy line up, i dont kno who it was but someone said who does Argentina have as strikers... Crespo? *assuming they have no good strikers* sooooo foolish man you have a lot to look into, Tevez (Tevez named Latin America Footballer of the Year AGAIN) Aswell as Rooney they call Tevez the (NEXT MARADONA) and sorry to say, but no English person could ever have the heart and game to be called the next Maradona, thats just an insult to Argentinians. Saviola; also a very impressive player. Riquelme... comon i dont even have to say much hes amazing. Messi dale........... hes JUST TOO GOOD, he well be the next best player in the world. Figueora, can do some really nice things with that ball. Not to mention obviously Crespo. AND think about it, Defence, Ayala, Zanetti, Sorin, Solari, Samuel, Mascherano aslong as hes not still hurt. Argentina will take the cup this year, Brazil will be a good match, but sorry Argentina has more heart when it comes to Futbol.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 4:49am On Jan 20, 2006
Brazil, No doubt
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by opemogaji(m): 2:55am On Jan 26, 2006
BRAZIL CUZ THEY GOT ONE OF THE BEST DEFENSE MEN FOWARD< AND MIDFILDERS.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by mochafella(m): 2:59am On Jan 26, 2006
Not entirely sure, I typically prefer to see all the teams play one match each b4 deciding. Brazil as usual are probably favorites, but somehow I doubt they have the best defense

opemogaji:

BRAZIL CUZ THEY GOT ONE OF THE BEST DEFENSE MEN FOWARD< AND MIDFILDERS.

Brazil and Defense are polar opposites
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otokx(m): 10:31am On Jan 26, 2006
Brazil
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by darqly(m): 5:12pm On Jan 31, 2006
Well, I'm an England fan so I go for England winning the world cup this year. Can't see why they can't really, they are not consistent which is why most guys rule them out but let's face it, if not for Ronaldinho's freak-fluke goal, England would've been in the finals in Japan/Korea! Aside that, Holland!!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by pie1ect(m): 11:10pm On Jan 31, 2006
darqly:

Well, I'm an England fan so I go for England winning the world cup this year. Can't see why they can't really, they are not consistent which is why most guys rule them out but let's face it, if not for Ronaldinho's freak-fluke goal, England would've been in the finals in Japan/Korea! Aside that, Holland!!
@Dargly
If Ronaldinho did not score that goal, Brazil would still have won the macth anyway. And that goal was by no means a fluke-goal. The guy scored a few of those type of goals at PSG as well. How come he could replicate it if it was a fluke?
Even when Brazil were down to ten men,in that match, England could not keep the ball for more than 2 min in a row. They do show a lot of promise, but they are just not **IT**. Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Italy and even Germany are still ahead of them in my WC ranking.
I don't think England will even get to the Q/finals. Maybe I'll be forced to eat my words or maybe not.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by dracosh(m): 8:32am On May 09, 2006
England
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by amodu(m): 12:32pm On May 09, 2006
As for me Brazil, England and germany are likely to win.

But is going to be an easy game.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by dracosh(m): 1:41pm On May 09, 2006
if ronaldinho has an accident and he can't play, will brasil still win? grin
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Skintite(f): 3:51pm On May 09, 2006
Hmmmm,
good question thou! undecided
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bolaoni(m): 5:13pm On May 09, 2006
Is it only Ronaldinho that is holding Brazil?

Na wah for you o. Brazil has abundant talents, so with or without Ronnie, they can WIN the World Cup
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by jimmcgee: 4:05pm On May 10, 2006
If anyone out there is stupid enough to take the English opinion from reading the sun please don't bother posting here atall.
We believe we can win it if there really is a chance. Everyone agrees that this is our best chance in 40 years and we have the team to prove it. We've never claimed that we are favourites or that we will definately win, just that we have a good chance.
Lampard and Gerrard, 2nd and 3rd best players in the world, Owen, a lethal striker, Rooney(when fit) is one of the deadliest players in the premiership and Beckham is still world class. These are great players and to back up our chances we have a great defence with terry, Campbell, Cole and Neville.
If you have a reason to doubt Englands chances then its because of our injuries but we really do have a genuine chance.
I might be crazy but for all those who are saying the English believe they can win too much, are you going to predict an early exit for yourselves? No and rightfully so, every country in the world cup should dream of winning it.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bagoma(f): 10:15pm On May 10, 2006
jimmcgee:
I might be crazy but for all those who  are saying the English believe they can win too much, are you going to predict an early exit for yourselves? No and rightfully so, every country in the world cup should dream of winning it.

i agree with you on the above.
and welcome to nairaland. smiley
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Canuck121(m): 7:43am On May 11, 2006
shocked Hey Folks,

A team that should not go un-noticed. Once again the Italians are in the world cup and I certainly feel that they could win it all. Let us remember that they have always shown up to most tournaments and have gone in deep except for 86 WC and 2004 Euros 2002 was a joke with all the bribery that went on even Spain suffered being knocked out because of it. With Marcello Lipi building the squad they have a good chance as the former Juventus Boss strategises and calculates the best formation for the Italians. With new blood being injected into the Azzurri
and choices of players they have a formidable offensive side to them now which they lacked in previous years.
They are hungry and believe it or not from a Glorified team they shrunk themselves down to a team that just does not play as well as the talent that they have. However this year they may just well emerge as a team with a glorified past but as fierce as an unpredictable dark-horse in Germany. I look forward to seeing the Italians play
and I think this time they will show something to even Brazil. Unfortunately with the last world cup in Korea and the new affadavits of information regarding bribery in 2002 the world cup just was not a world cup then. It was a pay-off and many know about it. Good Teams like Italy suffered for two reasons, 1 was their carlessness in play, 2 was the officiating. I look forward to seeing them play against Brazil in the 2nd round this should be very exciting to watch this time around. Enjoy your world cup this year folks
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by kabby(m): 11:12am On May 11, 2006
I will like Germany to win the trophy, Brazil is not only country that can be winning this cup.

I vote in for GERMANY
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Jackal(m): 11:12am On May 11, 2006
Argentina looks the favourite to me.
England will be close but the team lacks the guile to push things to the finish line.
Brazil are the best team on paper but sometimes the best team does not win. U can mention 12 good strikers but the team can only use 3 strikers(max) in a match.
It aint possible to have Ronaldo,Ronaldinho,Adriano,Robinho,Baptiste,Kaka,Ze Roberto and Juninho play at the same time in a match.
Brazil runs the risk of error in team selection.
This was the same problem the team had in Spain 82 and Mexico 86.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Priscila(f): 11:17am On May 11, 2006
I will just gues the last eight in quarter finals
Brazil,Argentina,France,Spain,England,Netherlands,Portugal, cant remember the other

But overall winners Brazil unless something extra ordinary happens to my team.

Its my first world cup am watching! so hyped up.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by amodu(m): 1:07pm On May 11, 2006
If will look at the performance of Germany in the Korea/Japan world cup it is likely that they going to host and win, but if it doesnt that go their way it will be Brazil or England
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Skintite(f): 1:29pm On May 11, 2006
@balaoni
Dinho is a play maker
His absense will make a great different even for brazil

I want england to win o!
Cos of theo, arshley n sole grin (yeah biased)
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by amodu(m): 1:48pm On May 11, 2006
You this Arsenal.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by dammybee(f): 2:55pm On May 11, 2006
@Amodu

Please take it or leaf it, Germany is going to lift the world cup trophy, and I see ARSENAL lifting this UEFA trophy Gbabe bros,

Kabby, I quite beleive and I have faith less wait till next week (Sorry to bring UEFA matter here) Gunners for eva just cool. cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

FIFA Gives Ultimatums To Nigeria And Ghana Or Face Bans Over "Undue Influence" / Sarri Furious After Higuain Tackled Luiz Roughly In Training / 1960bet Match Codes And Odds ⋆ Sport @bet@ Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.