Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:23 AM

2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge (12618 Views)

PCOS/PCOD Diet Recipe For Weight Loss & Healthy Gluten Free Recipes / Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. / For A Healthy Living: Just Enjoy A Variety Of Vegetables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 30, 2015
Okay . . . .

So Xmas is Over and We are starting a new year.

I know that there are various threads here and there but want to start this one on a clean slate . . New year; New Thread smiley

This thread is to serve the following purposes

1. Achieve is goals and a long term lifestyle change that will support healthy living.
2. weekly weigh-ins (not compulsory) but it will be beneficial so you/we know what works and what doesn't.
3. Encourage Each other
4. Share fitness and diet tips

What I intend to do is to use the next post to detail a table which I will be updating for those interested so that we can all track how well we are doing.
I dont need to know stating weight if you don't want to disclose. All I need is your weekly change in weight in Kg pls.

Weigh ins will be on Monday. So the first weigh-in will be on Monday 11th January and we are recording changes in weight between Mon Jan 4th and Mon Jan 11th 2016 and so on.

Everyone is welcome but please no adverts on this thread.

6 Likes

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 30, 2015
Our Jan Fatbusters & fitness champions kiss

WEEK 1
Tearoses - Lost 2kg
Hourglass3 - Maintained last weeks weight
Destinygrl - Lost 1.6kg

WEEK 2
Tearoses - Lost/gained 0kg
babs2011 - Lost 0.5kg
Hourglass3 - Lost 0.3Kg

WEEK 3
Tearoses - Lost 1.3kg
Ryom - Maintained last weeks weight
gratefulme40 - Maintained last weeks weight

WEEK 4
Tearoses - Gained 0.9 kg
Hourglass3 - Lost
gratefulme40 - lost 1kg

Total Weight Loss for January
Tearoses - Lost 2.4 Kg
Hourglass3 - Lost 2Kg
Gratefulme40 - Lost 1Kg

WELL DONE EVERYONE......LETS KEEP IT UP FOR FEB kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 30, 2015
Our Feb Fatbusters & fitness champions kiss

WEEK 1
Tearoses - 2.0 Lost kg
Ryom - 0.5kg lost

WEEK 2
Tearoses - 1.3 Lost kg
Ryom - 0.6kg lost
Hourglass - 0.4kg gained

Scores will be updated weekly with a plus or minus Kg figure.
Dont forget, this is just to motivate each other and if you don't want to share weight changes then that's fine too smiley
Reserved for March Tracking
reserved for April Tracking
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2015
Reserved for May Tracking
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2015
reserved for june tracking
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by tunapa2009(m): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
Reserved for July tracking... Lol.. Good thread.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2015
Tearoses all this space that we are sharing abi is it reserving grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyways nice concept and will try to pop in when I can .

I have gotten to my target weight and try to weigh in/measure my waist once a month. That weekly weigh in used to depress the heck out of me when I just started.

My goal in the new year is more toning of certain body parts. I want six pack grin

I want to also reduce my body fat ratio and gain more muscle so will be doing more strength training as opposed to mostly cardio.

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
LOL Damiso grin

Well done girl!

I actually weigh myself daily and even though people advise against it it keeps me on track on a day to day basis. So if I am naughty on Monday, it shows when I weigh on Tuesday am and so I am able to adjust duriing the day.

@tunapa what are you reserving grin
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by tunapa2009(m): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
tearoses:
LOL Damiso grin

Well done girl!

I actually weigh myself daily and even though people advise against it it keeps me on track on a day to day basis. So if I am naughty on Monday, it shows when I weigh on Tuesday am and so I am able to adjust duriing the day.

I am following your footsteps like 7and 17..lol
I need to work on my tummy-it's gradually protruding(I don't take alcohol, but eat late)... I av started rigorous exercise though, and was able to observe some visible changes. It can only get better.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by tollu: 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
I am soooo in.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Drkul(f): 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
Following cool
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 5:38pm On Jan 01, 2016
tearoses:
LOL Damiso grin

Well done girl!

I know someone who does that too.. cheesy ie weigh in everyday

What I have found is different things work for different people in the bid to live healthy. Some need to lose a lot of weight so sometimes they might need to take drastic actions and do stuff to motivate themselves that might not necessarily work long term but is needed at that point ie calculating macros to the tiniest gram ,weighing in everyday or every week.etc.

I just found that the weigh in used to depress me especially as I was basically working out 5/6 times a week so the scale not moving was dampener. I just decided to keep moving and eat properly with portion control on lock down and with time the weight fell off naturally.Also sometimes it was not accurate due to certain other factors eg water retention etc

Happy new year may it be a fit healthy one for us all..

Try to get in some sort of exercise today people cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 02, 2016
Thanks Dami

One thing that has also worked for me is picking realistic goals and ways of getting there
For me all those quick quick diets such as the shakes etc dont work for me because I cant sustain that kind of lifestyle ongoing.
I like my food & chewing & will not substitute a whole meal with a drink for the rest of my life cheesy
So what I have done is to still eat all my favourite foods but to cut down on size and be sensible with my choices
The weight loss is slow, but its steady and it takes more to put it back on again

I plan my meals round protein, so for example I may grill a whole fish and have it with some greens and I am okay with that.

Once I start proper again, I will start posting actual meals and probably taking pictures as well

Tollu, Tunapa and Drkul welcome on board . . .Yes we can! grin
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Drkul(f): 8:09am On Jan 02, 2016
tearoses:
Thanks Dami

One thing that has also worked for me is picking realistic goals and ways of getting there
For me all those quick quick diets such as the shakes etc dont work for me because I cant sustain that kind of lifestyle ongoing.
I like my food & chewing & will not substitute a whole meal with a drink for the rest of my life cheesy
So what I have done is to still eat all my favourite foods but to cut down on size and be sensible with my choices
The weight loss is slow, but its steady and it takes more to put it back on again

I plan my meals round protein, so for example I may grill a whole fish and have it with some greens and I am okay with that.

Once I start proper again, I will start posting actual meals and probably taking pictures as well

Tollu, Tunapa and Drkul welcome on board . . .Yes we can! grin
Thank you

Yes we can
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Girltee1(f): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
I'm in.embarassed
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by beegurl(f): 1:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
In In In grin grin
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by yvesboss(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
in...seriously in
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Drkul(f): 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
Girltee1:
I'm in.embarassed
Why the sad face Girltee1, cheer up okay cool
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Drkul(f): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
yvesboss:
in...seriously in
Regarding ur post on how to use lemon
I do mix mine with 50cl of cold/warm water. Tho of recent i started adding ginger to it
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Loseweightng: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
Happy New Year!!

I am in too...Correct Info on how to lose/maintain weight is highly sorted out for.

==My opinion on weighing oneself everyday is this:

a) If it works for you,good and fine, keep it up

b) I prefer weekly checking of weight, because it saves you stress and tension of probably not shedding of weight the way you wanted.
The act of weight loss is for two purposes;-To aid you shed of weight and -To help you cultivate the right attitude that will help you to maintain your desired weight after weight loss.

So, weighing oneself weekly, aids you to determine if a particular weight loss strategy worked for you. And if definitely,it worked out for you, to what degree?

==My opinion on how to kick of with losing weight is to stop adding extra weight.
So, whatever could make you to stop adding extra weight, start it off immediately.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Like 100 sit-ups is waiting for me....because one bottle of beer equals to 20 sit-ups. wink wink

1 Like

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by yvesboss(m): 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
Drkul:

Regarding ur post on how to use lemon
I do mix mine with 50cl of cold/warm water. Tho of recent i started adding ginger to it

Ok...how often can i use it and what effect does ginger adds to it?
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by bellarmine: 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Loseweightng:
Happy New Year!!

I am in too...Correct Info on how to lose/maintain weight is highly sorted out for.

==My opinion on weighing oneself everyday is this:

a) If it works for you,good and fine, keep it up

b) I prefer weekly checking of weight, because it saves you stress and tension of probably not shedding of weight the way you wanted.
The act of weight loss is for two purposes;-To aid you shed of weight and -To help you cultivate the right attitude that will help you to maintain your desired weight after weight loss.

So, weighing oneself weekly, aids you to determine if a particular weight loss strategy worked for you. And if definitely,it worked out for you, to what degree?

==My opinion on how to kick of with losing weight is to stop adding extra weight.
So, whatever could make you to stop adding extra weight, start it off immediately.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Like 100 sit-ups is waiting for me....because one bottle of beer equals to 20 sit-ups. wink wink

O boy, see formula...Lol. That one be like New Year resolution ooooo.

20 sit-ups for one bottle of beer. Nice one there,bro.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Girltee1(f): 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Drkul:

Why the sad face Girltee1, cheer up okay cool
Lol, thanks.
I'm just desperate to lose weight.smiley
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Drkul(f): 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
yvesboss:

Ok...how often can i use it and what effect does ginger adds to it?
Dont really know how often, but I do take it most morning before breakfast.
Ginger has lots of health benefits from digestion of food, abdorption of essential nutrients, for cold detoxification and increases rate of metabolism.
High metabolism increases chance of weight loss.
Cheers
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Drkul(f): 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
Girltee1:
Lol, thanks.
I'm just desperate to lose weight.smiley
Give it time. Above all determination and persistence
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Girltee1(f): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
Drkul:
Give it time. Above all determination and persistence
Thank you.smiley Yes we can!cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by yvesboss(m): 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
Drkul:

Dont really know how often, but I do take it most morning before breakfast.
Ginger has lots of health benefits from digestion of food, abdorption of essential nutrients, for cold detoxification and increases rate of metabolism.
High metabolism increases chance of weight loss.
Cheers

TNX and God bless you
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by ryom(m): 3:18am On Jan 03, 2016
I'm in too. The weighing should be done not just weekly but at the same time of the day e.g. 7am every Monday morning.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 03, 2016
Tearoses
GirlTree
Ryom
LoseweightNg
DrKul
Tunapa
Tollu
Yvesboss
GirlTree
Ryom
LoseweightNg
DrKul

BeeGurl
Babs2011
f4flakes (starts in week 2)

PREPARATION
Okay so we officially start tomorrow (Jan 4th 2016)
Please weigh yourself at a time thats convenient for you, but try and take subsequent weighings at the same time
Like I said, I weigh daily, usually first thing in the morning. This works for me.
Also try and weight with the same type of clothing. I weigh nakedd cool

The key to this is to prepare in advance and thats why I am posting this now
So if you already havent gone shopping for what you need, you can still do that today

I had a very good coach who advised me on a lot of things and they really help I will be sharing some of those tips with you.
For a start create a menu for the week
This will keep you organised and stop you from going off the rails

When I get time I will post a sample menu that I had. Also try and change the menu from time to time so you dont get bored

You may also invest in good running shoes or a skipping rope. Excercise need not be expensive and no need for faffing around. The easier it is the more likely one will do it. A daily brisk 30 minute walk can work wonders on ones health.

cc Jaybee
Tv01
agaba123

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough / COVID-19 Update For October 1 2020 In Nigeria - (1,657 Tested) / Unborn Baby Contracts Coronavirus From Israeli Mother, Dies In The Womb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.