Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,919 members, 7,799,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

"I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi (26593 Views)

How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark / Zaria Killings: El-rufai Bans Shi’ites, Others From Blocking Roads / Zaria Killings: El-rufai Bans Shi’ites, Others From Blocking Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by freedom96: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
Kaduna based renowned Islamic scholar, Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi, yesterday reflected on the recent bloody stand-off between security forces and members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, otherwise known as Shiites, saying he earlier warned their leader, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, of the dangers of blocking the highways during Arbaeen.
He said the Shiite leader had been running a parallel government in most parts of the North in the past 40 years.
Gumi told newsmen in Kaduna yesterday that the Shiites had been undergoing military training and producing military cadets and soldiers, adding: “They are operating a state within a state.”
He said: “The Islamic Movement of Nigeria does not recognise the corporate entity of Nigeria and the group is not registered, they operate above the law and they get direct foreign aid.
“Former President Umaru Yar ádua had told me of the massive importation of ammunitions and weapons to different parts of the country, the president had mentioned Iran as  supplying  arms to the Shittes. The recent clash between the army and Shiites is a divine intervention to prevent a catastrophe like that of Boko Haram. It came suddenly and was so powerful to eradicate and uproot any plan that they must have been nursing to harm the society.
“I had written Zakzaky about a year ago, warning him of the dangers of blocking roads during the annual Ar’baeen trek, where his followers travel on foot from all over the country to Zaria,” he said.
The scholar warned that the North would continue to be underdeveloped if  the twin evils of Shiites and Boko Haram are not eradicated, adding that  the strife and unnecessary blocking of roads and shouting slogans on the highways increases tension in the region.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/i-warned-zakzaky-against-blocking-roads-sheikh-gumi/126675.html#xZyrwZaL7zBSLfos.99

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by freedom96: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
My thread,my first to comment.

Zhulfiqar I don't really know what you aim to achieve by that spiteful post of yours against sheikh Gumi.Has zakzaky ordered his followers to block roads or not?Has he been warned by sheikh gumi not to do it or not?If he had paid heed to what gumi said,we all know that what happened wouldn't have happened.Instead of you to adress the message you are busy insultin the messenger and his father.I think ur post is totally off-point and is driven by sentiments rather than logic.

@tempest01 when they attempt to do in Nigeria,what they did in Iran,You will understand the motive of the sheikh.What religious group give military training to its followers??

Cc:lalasticlala

12 Likes

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by babyfaceafrica: 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
Lol
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by XaintJoel20: 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
Why should you comment first on your thread?
Anyway, dog wen lost no dey hear master whistle...
Just hoping he learn some bitter lessons from his incarceration in the den of the Nigerian Army having been taught the hard way...

4 Likes

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ekonsan me?? NO! Walking outta tread in Lai Mohammed's style

1 Like

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by tempest01(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
The constitution gives freedom to religion.

Blocking the road is wrong.

But calling shites "evil to be eradicated" shows another motive.

added due to some quotes: I see them practicing their religion women, children and youngsters among them. it is the failure of the security apparatus for not taking action against the unscrupulous elements when they initially started the road blocking that gave them more impetus.

They have their ills which i have stated, but calling for them to be 'eradicated' means terminating a religion based on differences. Prosecute those that constitute a nuisance among them, and hold the leaders accountable. Not 'eradicating' them.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Melahou(m): 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
rubbish explanation...

propaganda everywhere...

1 Like

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Eziachi: 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
Boko Haram would never had grown wings if it was properly and severely dealt with at its infancy. Instead Jonathan spent almost the first 4 and half years of his government telling us that Boko Haram was about northerners not wanting him to be president but insanely forgot that Boko Haram predates his presidency and he decided ignored the threat as something far away from Abuja.
That allowed them to freely recruit, get financed and grown beyond control, only for Jonathan to wake up from his slumber 3 months before his dreamed re-election. But the gene is already out.
Once the gene is out of the bottle, it is difficult to put it back. If this Shiite group is not eliminated now, the next phase will be Shiite v Sunni (Boko Haram).

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by ZhulFiqar: 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
[b]Gumi is a Wahhabi hate preacher. He and his father are the heads of the Wahhabi movement in Nigeria sponsored by Saudi all over the world. This man makes inciting statements against everyone. He was the one who said igbos are taking over the army. he hates christians and non-sunni muslims, and also hates along ethnic lines. he is in no position to advice anyone. he lacks tolerance and wisdom.

he is against the Shiites trekking because that is their form of preaching and creating awareness among the Muslims in the north. that means Gumi will lose more sheep in his congreagtion to Zakzaky and the Shiites. ironically, the Shiites are not scared of losing sheep or from wahhabi teachings. you always find wahhabis being the intolerant ones who dont want others to preach for fear of spreading their beliefs contrary to wahhabi teachings.

This Sheikh Gumi, Nigeria's chief Wahhabi cleric, has been issuing inciting and sectarian statements against the Zakzaky's Islamic Movement in Nigeria and the Shiites generally for long. He called for them to be shot at sight for trekking and doing processions. His wish finally came through and he is still issuing inciting statements. He is one of those Sunnis, and a Wahhabi Sunni for that matter, who feel they are losing with the increased influence of Zakzaky and the growth of Shia Islam in Nigeria. Isn't this the same Gumi who was imprisoned in relations to Abdul Muttalab, the Christmas Day plane bomber? Would such a person have any credibility?

If he knows where the IMN is keeping weapons, then the army should please go and arrest Gumi. He should be investigated for making such claims. And if Yaradua knew that they had weapons, Yaradua not acting implicates him. But of course Yaradua is dead, so he cannot respond to Gumi's claims. And since the mosques and houses and cemetery of the IMN got demolished, where are the alleged weapons? Gumi should be arrested and investigated both for sectarian incitement and posing a threat to civil peace and making dangerous claims which he needs to shed more light on.[/b]

40 Likes

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by miqos02(m): 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
ok
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Demmocrats(m): 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
He said the Shiite leader had been running a parallel government in most parts of the North in the past 40 years.
Gumi told newsmen in Kaduna yesterday that the Shiites had been undergoing military training and producing military cadets and soldiers, adding: “They are operating a state within a state.”

Boko Haram version 2.0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by datola: 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
Boot them all out

1 Like

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
The more I read about this movement, the scarier I get however it does not justify the excessive use of force by the Army.

What happened shouldn't be taken lightly at all

2 Likes

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by RegimentedCom(m): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
Islam: Religion of peace

So they say:

1 Like

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by adebayo201: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
tor

2 Likes

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by kimond101: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by bright007(f): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
ok
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by folay66(m): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hmmm
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by ceeceeuwa: 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
I think this issue should be handled with care!
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by BUSHHUNTER: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
They just don't like that group
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
freedom96:
Kaduna based renowned Islamic scholar, Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi, yesterday reflected on the recent bloody stand-off between security forces and members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, otherwise known as Shiites, saying he earlier warned their leader, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, of the dangers of blocking the highways during Arbaeen.
He said: “The Islamic Movement of Nigeria does not recognise the corporate entity of Nigeria and the group is not registered, they operate above the law and they get direct foreign aid.
“Former President Umaru Yar ádua had told me of the massive importation of ammunitions and weapons to different parts of the country, the president had mentioned Iran as  supplying  arms to the Shittes. The recent clash between the army and Shiites is a divine intervention to prevent a catastrophe like that of Boko Haram. It came suddenly and was so powerful to eradicate and uproot any plan that they must have been nursing to harm the society.
“I had written Zakzaky about a year ago, warning him of the dangers of blocking roads during the annual Ar’baeen trek, where his followers travel on foot from all over the country to Zaria,” he said.
The scholar warned that the North would continue to be underdeveloped if  the twin evils of Shiites and Boko Haram are not eradicated, adding that  the strife and unnecessary blocking of roads and shouting slogans on the highways increases tension in the region.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/i-warned-zakzaky-against-blocking-roads-sheikh-gumi/126675.html#xZyrwZaL7zBSLfos.99

I got a 3 day ban for my expressions on this subject matter.

The past was once a future and only the learned can appreciate it.

I love Nigeria my country and have the utmost respect for my fellow citizens that are serving in her armed forces.

2 Likes

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by folay66(m): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
Yap
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
datola:
Boot them all out

Really?

I said that and got a ban.
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by rubberman(m): 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2015
he no hear word na
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by kunle75(m): 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2015
tempest01:
The constitution gives freedom to religion.

Blocking the road is wrong.

But calling shites "evil to be eradicated" shows another motive.

Sir please can you tell us more of what you know about this organisation? because the boldened shows that you may know what the public dosnt know about this group.
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
Eziachi:
Boko Haram would never had grown wings if it was properly and severely dealt with at its infancy. Instead Jonathan spent almost the first 4 and half years of his government telling us that Boko Haram was about northerners not wanting him to be president but insanely forgot that Boko Haram predates his presidency and he decided ignored the threat as something far away from Abuja.
That allowed them to freely recruit, get financed and grown beyond control, only for Jonathan to wake up from his slumber 3 months before his dreamed re-election. But the gene is already out.
Once the gene is out of the bottle, it is difficult to put it back. If this Shiite group is not eliminated now, the next phase will be Shiite v Sunni (Boko Haram).

You're a great Nigerian and may your days be long on this earth.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by WhoDeyThere(m): 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
g
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by crosbreaka: 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
kunle75:

Sir please can you tell us more of what you know about this organisation? because the boldened shows that you may know what the public dosnt know about this group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysGoWg0oxU4

4 Likes

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by ayatt(m): 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
God bless you Gumi...Iran has been the major sponsor of Shiites since time immemorial.

The north cannot afford another boko haram in disguise.. enough is enough.. since those shiites cannot practice peacefully without blocking highways meant for Nigerian citizens then the army will do the needful.

God bless PMB

1 Like

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Sasuwa(f): 2:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
Network
Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Candybob(m): 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2015
I smell beef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Lanretoye(m): 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2015
Some ppl be blaming the nigerian army for killing sufayos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TSA: Nigerian Government Realises N7trillion / Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations / President Buhari Appoints Edmund Daukoru As Chairman Of NLNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.