Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. (20171 Views)

Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / Open Heavens Devotional 2017 / Open Heavens Devotional. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:18am On Jan 28, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional & Prayer Points For The 50days Fasting.

Thursday 28th January, 2016.

MAKING YOUR MARRIAGE WORK (II).

Memorise
And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh.
- Matthew 19:5.

Read: Ephesians 5:21-25.
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

A marriage that has God in it is the best thing that can happen to any child of God. The Bible says:
“Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.” Proverbs 18:22.

This scripture unequivocally dismisses the wrong notion of marriage being a burden. For your marriage to work, our memory verse for today reveals the first obligation on the part of the man (the husband) towards his wife: you must strictly adhere to this twin-command – leaving your parents and cleaving to your wife. Some men never leave their parents, particularly their mother. They are “mummy’s boys” and after marriage they still ‘eat from their mother’s pot’ on regular basis. This habit destroys a marriage relationship fast.

Unconditional love is another obligation a husband must perform towards his wife. This kind of love will make the man give his entire being to his wife without expecting anything in return. The Bible says:
“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the Church, and gave himself for it” Ephesians 5:25.

Some men, unfortunately, do not know what it means to be married. Marriage could be regarded as giving of one’s self to one’s spouse. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, gave the real picture of marital obligation when he wrote:

“But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, now he may please his wife” 1 Corinthians 7:32-33.

The truth in the above passage is that a man is under obligation to cater for his wife and to have an unreserved commitment to the joy and well-being of his wife. Some so-called Christians are so careless about their marriage that they neglect the divine mandate of caring for the family. As a result, the wife becomes disillusioned about the faith and the children vow never to follow their father to worship God. At the end of the day, the failure of the family eventually affects their Christian walk and ministry. Love must be experimental and substantial, men must show their love practically, and their spouses will not be in doubt as to whether or not they are loved.

Prayer Point
Father, please give me the ability to love my spouse unconditionally.

Day 18.
SINGLE PERSONS.

«Father, release your blessings upon the lives of our singles.
Matthew 6: 33, Ex 23:25, Colossians 3: 23-24.

«Father, let our singles be preferred above their mates.

«Father, no longer shall the singles be overlooked, desolate or rejected.
Daniel 6:3, Esther 2:9, 1 Peter 2: 9.

«Father, let wisdom, knowledge and understanding lead them into favour in the sight of God and man.
Isaiah 11: 2-3, Malachi 3:14-18.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Racade(m): 8:19am On Jan 28, 2016
Thanks. God bless you.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Toluwalafe: 9:03am On Jan 28, 2016
Hello, good morning Mt owoeye. Pls would like to reach you personally. Kindly give me your contact or call me on 08132069944. Thanks God bless you
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:28am On Jan 29, 2016
Toluwalafe:

Kindly give me your contact or call me on 08132069944. Thanks God bless you.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:29am On Jan 29, 2016

Friday 29th January, 2016.

COUNTING YOUR BLESSINGS (I).

Memorise
Praise the Lord; for the Lord is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.
-Psalms 135:3.

Read: Psalms 103:1-5.
1 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Ingratitude is dangerous, particularly when it is directed at God, the Almighty. There are many things we enjoy from God’s benevolence, but we take for granted. As we saw in the Bible reading for today, when David seemed to be forgetful of the goodness of the Lord, he decided to preach to his soul. He took his time to list the blessings of God upon his life so that his soul could be grateful for each of them.

The first thing he mentioned was the benefit of forgiveness he enjoyed from the Holy One of Israel. Modern day Christians do not appreciate the blessing of forgiveness like David did. We often take the work of redemption for granted. Anyone who appreciates the agonising death of Jesus Christ on the Cross for the sin of humanity wouldn’t want to indulge in sin any more, the apostle asked rhetorically:

“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?” Romans 6:1.

Only those who take the issue of sin lightly would say, “Let us sin the more, so that we may enjoy the grace the more”, and they shall not be guiltless according to the scriptures:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for a judgement and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” Hebrews 10:26-27.

Another blessing David listed in his collection of God’s benefits is divine healing. The Psalmist blessed the Lord for healing, whereas, some of us who enjoy divine health have never said thank you to the Giver of good health. The Lord promised that He would not allow us to be plagued with the kind of sicknesses and diseases that the Egyptian suffered and He made bold to say:

“… I am the Lord that healeth thee.” Exodus 15:26.

My prayer for someone using this devotional is that the Lord will grant you divine health which is far superior to healing in Jesus’ name. However, we must not take God’s grace and blessings for granted. We must endeavour to show our appreciation by living for God alone and by glorifying Him in our bodies.

Action Point
Take some time to count the blessings of the Lord upon your life and give Him adequate gratitude in return.

Day 19.
FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH and CAREER, BUSINESS.

»Father, give me an excellent spirit after the order of that of Daniel.
Proverbs 22:29, Proverbs 10:4, Daniel 6:3-4.
»Father, favour me and the work of my hands beyond my imagination.
Psalms 5:12, Luke 2:52.
»Lord, give me talents and business ventures that will make room for me.
Proverb18:16,Genesis 26:22.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:17am On Jan 30, 2016

Saturday 30th January, 2016.

COUNTING YOUR BLESSINGS (II).

Memorise
Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
- Psalms 144:1.

Read: Psalms 103:1-5.
1 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Still dwelling on counting your blessings, we must consider some other things as highlighted by the great Psalmist so that we may understand what made him a great worshipper. There are many seen and unseen battles of life that pose to destroy us, and it is the unseen battles of life that pose to destroy us, and it is the unseen Hands of the Almighty God that have kept us alive. For life alone, we must bless the Lord. In our memory verse for today, the Psalmist blesses the Lord for teaching his hands to war and directing his fingers to fight aright. We must realise that not all fighters win in the battles of life, many are destroyed by the hostility of life. This might have influenced David to write:

“Bless the Lord O my soul…Who redeemeth thy life from destruction…” Psalms 103:4.

Considering the numerous battles David fought, particularly against king Saul, one should know that but for God, David would have died a premature death. David lived to a very old age, though his beloved son overthrew him and sought his life; he survived his external and internal enemies. To him, the kindness God showed to him was not ordinary, it was the loving type. Meaning that kindness has categories! How I wish someone reading this devotional will appreciate God’s kindness to him as intensely as David did.

David saw good food, its nourishment and appetite to eat it as blessings from the Lord in verse 5 of our text today. What a grateful creature of the Almighty God David was. There is a story told of a woman, from Ijesaland in the South-West of Nigeria, who was fond of thanking God for good food and the appetite to eat well. Anytime Mama-Ijesa came up for testimony, she would tell of how God provided not only good food but also appetite to eat it. Her Pastor became bored of the one and only testimony of this grateful woman and stopped her from giving testimonies in the Church. Not long after, the Pastor took ill, and on his sick bed, all sorts of food were brought to him but he had no appetite to eat any of them. When Mama-Ijesa came visiting like other parishioners, she innocently asked whether her Pastor was eating well. It was then that the Pastor realised that having good food to eat is not enough, but having appetite to eat it is equally praiseworthy.

Action Point
Take minimum of 15 minutes to thank God for His Goodness and Mercies over your life and that of your loved ones.

Day 20.
LEADERS.

•Lord, preserve and protect our leaders from the schemes and craftiness of men. Psalm 31:20.

•Father, strengthen our leaders as they face the challenges that come with responsibilities of leadership. Ephesians 3:16.

•Lord, give our leaders wisdom, knowledge and understanding for leadership.
1 Samuel 2:35 & 1 Chronicles 12:32.

•Father, release uncommon strategies and creative solutions to our leaders.
Proverbs 8:12, Daniel 5:11-14.

•Lord, anoint our leaders with fresh oil.
Psalm 92:10, Psalm 89:20.

•Lord, raise a hedge of protection around all Pastors, ordained ministers, leaders and their family.

•Father, preserve leaders health and let them fulfil your counsel and mandate.
Psalm 89:22-29, Psalm 91:9-16.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2016

Sunday 31st January, 2016.

LOOKING UNTO JESUS (I).

Memorise
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
- John 3:14.

Read: Hebrews 12:1-2.
12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Human beings have been in search of the way back to their Maker since after the fall. The soul of man pants after the peace that only his Maker can provide. This is the reason man invented means of getting along with God in the name of religion. Unfortunately, man was unable to adequately reach out to his Maker until God in His mercies revealed Himself to us through His Son, Jesus Christ.

“And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
- Genesis 3:9-10.

Adam was sent out of the Garden of Eden and he became a wanderer and a destitute of the peace that he once had with his Maker. After many dispensations, God decided to reveal part of Himself to some people who sincerely sought to know Him. He related to Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and the prophets to mention just a few. They did not only benefit from God’s self-revelation; they also helped their generation by pointing them to the Almighty God. Yet, the perfect relationship was not in view then. When the fullness of time came, God became man and lived among men in the person of Jesus Christ. When one of the disciples asked Him to reveal God the Father to them, Jesus said:

“…Have I been so long time with you and yet hast thou not know me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?...”
- John 14:9-10.

Jesus Christ is the perfect revelation of God, the father. He came to reveal the Father to us so that we may know how best to worship Him. It was through His teaching that we know that God is a Spirit and whoever wants to worship Him must worship Him in Spirit. He told us that unless we are born-again, we cannot see the Kingdom of God. Religious activities are exercise in futility without this experience. Not until He came, even Doctors of the Jewish religious laws were ignorant of these principles of God’s Kingdom. Therefore we must always look unto Jesus for direction if we want to make it back to the One who created us in His own image. Our text says to look up unto Jesus because He is the author and finisher of our faith.

I encourage someone reading this devotional to look unto Jesus for salvation, for deliverance, for healing, for material prosperity and eternal life.

Prayer Point
Jesus Christ my Saviour, I look unto You today, perfect everything concerning my life please.
Philippians 1:6.
•Lord, hide me in the hollow of Your hand.
Isaiah 51:16, Psalm 17:8.
•Father, keep me from evil and protect me. I come against sickness and disease.
Psalm 91.
•Lord take away sickness from the midst of us in RCCG.
Exodus 23:25.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 8:24am On Feb 01, 2016

Monday 1st February, 2016.

LOOKING UNTO JESUS (II).

Memorise
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
- Hebrews 12:2b.

Read: Hebrews 12:1-2.
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The phrase ‘Looking unto Jesus’ contains three very important words of salvation, encouragement and direction for daily Christian living. Nicodemus, in his search for the true God and eternal life like every human being, approached Jesus for possible understanding. Jesus made the new birth very plain by using an Old Testament illustration of the fiery serpents of brass put on a pole for the Israelites to look upon as recorded in the book of Numbers 21:8-9.

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:14-15.

As looking unto the brass serpent on a pole in faith brought healing to the children of Israel in the wilderness, so also, whosoever shall look unto the crucified Christ as the Messiah and the Saviour of the world by faith, shall receive forgiveness of sins and be born again.

From time to time in the rigorous journeys of life, we sometimes find ourselves in a state of tiredness and confusion. At such times, Apostle Paul in Hebrews 12:1-2 admonishes us to run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith for encouragement. We are not to look unto Jesus for encouragement only; we are also to look unto Jesus as our perfect example, so as to follow in His footsteps.

“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously”
1 Peter 2:21-23.

Looking unto other gods for deliverance, healing and salvation has brought untold hardship and loss to many, while looking unto great men and women that are successful in life and ministry has resulted in great disappointment, sorrow and pain. As a matter of fact, this has been a major cause of failure in life, but there is no failure or disappointment in Jesus. Looking unto Jesus can only increase your faith and lead to physical and spiritual upliftment.
We are to look unto Jesus in our daily Christian living as the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the End, who provides us with direction through His word. This also brings us in contact with the divine knowledge, wisdom and power of God. An ordinary person therefore, becomes equipped to do exploit of supernatural dimensions.

Prayer Point
Father, please give me the grace to always look unto You for everything I need in life.

»Father, give me grace to complete the project/assignment/ministry you committed into my hands. Acts 20:24.
»Father, grant me divine speed this year 2016. Habakkuk 3:19.
»Father, grant me divine wisdom and clear direction. Isaiah 30:21.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:58am On Feb 02, 2016

Tuesday 2nd February, 2016.

INTIMIDATED?

Memorise
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
-1 Peter 5:8.

Read: 1 Kings 19:1-4.
1 And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword.
2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time.
3 And when he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which belongeth to Judah, and left his servant there.
4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.

Discouragement is usually defined as a lack of courage, a state of mind which is marked by fear of failure and loss of hope. Discouragement is one of the powerful weapons commonly used by the devil to keep children of God from fulfilling their purpose. Satan used it against the Israelites to prevent them from entering Canaan because they were intimidated by the circumstances surrounding conquering the Canaanites; the Canaanite cities were very large, well fortified, and seemingly un-defeat-able. These caused the heart of the Israelites to melt within them to the extent that they lost faith in the Word of God, and could not act on the promises of God.

Discouragement is failure to live by faith because it usually leads to doubt, and an inability to view circumstances around us from a divine perspective. Discouragement is therefore a sinful state of mind that is unable to adjust to disappointments and unfavourable circumstances in line with the Word of God and His promises. It is important to note that discouragement is a powerful weapon of intimidation in the hands of the devil. It usually comes whenever a person has an important objective to achieve. For example, Israel had an objective given to them by God; the walls of Jerusalem were to be rebuilt. As the people embarked on the project with vigour and determination, they were faced with opposition from enemies and even fellow Jews. The situations become intimidating to the point of demoralisation as recorded in Nehemiah 4:10-23. At a point, some of the workers became discouraged while the wall was yet half finished, then the opposition intensified their attack using fear and intimidation as the chief weapon. All these were masterminded by the devil to make it impossible for the Jews to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem at that time. 1 Peter 5:8-9 says,

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world."

The bible admonishes us to be sober, vigilant, and watchful, always ready to resist and confront anyone that may want to weaken our hands from doing whatever assignment the Lord has committed to us.

By the grace of God, the success story of the Redeemed Christian Church of God is being told all over the world today, but when we first started, the steps that God used to bring in the results that are being celebrated were terribly criticised both within and outside the Church. I decree that all oppositions to your success and breakthrough will be silenced today in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, don’t let me ever fall for discouragement from satanic intimidation.

Day 23.

«Lord, remove every reproach from my life and family.
1 Samuel 1:6-7.
«Father, give me testimony that will make my enemies praise the Lord that I serve.
Psalm 126.
«Father, this year, give me a pleasant surprise.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:51am On Feb 03, 2016

Wednesday 3rd February, 2016.

REVIVAL THROUGH RETREAT.

Memorise
Wilt thou not receive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?
-Psalm 85:6.

Read: 1 Kings 19:4-8.
4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.
5 And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat.
6 And he looked, and, behold, there was a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again.
7 And the angel of the Lord came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee.
8 And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.

All human beings have an intense desire to connect to God. One vital element that is required to connect to God is a nice quiet atmosphere, devoid of daily concerns, where one can ruminate over spiritual truths. Meanwhile, it is often difficult to create such within the unrelenting activities of one’s daily life. This is why a retreat comes in handy. A spiritual retreat could be defined as a sustained period of quiet, uninterrupted time for a person to be reflective and receptive in God’s presence. It offers a time to leave daily concerns, to connect with one’s spiritual self, and to be attractive to the needs of one’s soul and spirit. People seeking for a time of retreat often locate a retreat centre or a specific geographical place that offers an atmosphere conducive for quite reflection. The search for spiritual retreat has taken many to Prayer Mountains and remote solitary places.

Mount Carmel is best known as the site of Elijah’s battle against the prophets of Baal. However, the fact that Elijah and Elisha frequently returned to Mount Carmel is an indication that they were using the mountain for spiritual retreat. The overall purpose of a spiritual retreat is to be transformed in whatever manner God chooses. Withdrawing to a place of spiritual retreat offers a time for refreshment and nourishment of life, a time to experience a continual sense of God’s presence that could become a constant reality in everyday life. Acts 3:19 says,
“Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord”
Therefore, a time of spiritual retreat is a time for sober reflection, repentance, rededication, revival and rejuvenation. The book of 1 Kings 18:20-46 showed us the structure and pattern of a spiritual retreat. First, Elijah rebuilt the ruined altar to Yahweh, symbolising repentance and rededication of Israel to God. Then, he dug a trench around the altar and poured 12 jars of water on the sacrifice, the wood, and the altar, filling the trench, symbolising the activities of the Spirit. Finally, he called on Yahweh, who answered immediately by fire that consumed the whole sacrifice, including the water, the wood, and the stones of the altar. This was immediately followed by heavy rains after three and half years of drought. There was great celebration as the people rejoiced in the Lord for a time of refreshing. A spiritual retreat always leads to celebration.

A spiritual retreat is also used to pursue personal holiness and to stay connected to God. Several passages in the Gospels according to Saint Mark and Matthew, give the account of Jesus retreating to pray. This point out the importance of spiritual retreating to Christians. Every child of God, as a matter of necessity, must constantly create time for spiritual retreat, seeking the face of the Lord for cleansing, renewal, re-dedication, and spiritual empowerment.

Prayer Point
Father, please revive me again, that I may experience a time of refreshing from above in Jesus’ name.

Day 24.
»Father, do a new thing in my life, family and destiny.
Isaiah 43:19.
»Lord, bring to fulfilment Your plans for my life.
Joshua 21:45.
»Father, help me not to hinder Your work in my life.
Psalm 81:13, Mark 11:22-24.
»Father, have Your way in my life, family, work, career and destiny.
Hebrews 10:9a.
»Lord, fulfil Your good purpose in me in Jesus name. Jeremiah 29:10.
»Lord, fulfil Your good purpose in UK, let souls be saved and revived.
Psalm 85:6, Hosea 6:1-3, Habakkuk 3:2.
»Lord, fulfil Your plan in my life, family and nation. Psalm 126:1-6.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:47am On Feb 04, 2016

Thursday 4th February, 2016.

REVIVAL THROUGH PRAYER.

Memorise
After two days will be revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
-Hosea 6:2.

Read: Hosea 6:1-6.
1 Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

4 O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.

5 Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.

6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Prayer is a divine mechanism that God gave to Christians as a means of communicating with heaven. It is also a very powerful weapon for spiritual warfare. A man who has a fervent prayer life walks with God; no journey can be more blessed and productive than the one taken with the Almighty God through prayer. Simple prayers offered for individuals, the local community, the nation and the Church were responsible for much of the great miracles and moves of God in different parts of the world in history. The Bible in James 4:2 says,

“Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.” -James 4:2.

This passage states clearly that we could so much desire a thing to the point of killing for it, but this does not guarantee that we will get that desired thing. The only thing that guarantees our getting a lasting blessing is to ask in prayer. When we speak of a revival, it must be clear to all that there is never such a thing as a revival if it does not start with prayer. Every revival in history came to be as result of prayer. The great revival under Jonathan Edwards in the eighteen century kicked off with his famous call to prayer. David Brainerd, Charles Finney, the Wesley brothers, the great revival of 1930 in Nigeria, and the one that gave birth to the Redeemed Christian Church of God, all started with prayer. As a matter of fact, every true awakening and revival always begins with prayer. The big question therefore is; do we need revival now?

Taking a cursory look at happening around the world, we will see clearly that what the world needs now is revival, more so when we consider happenings within the body of Christ. Things have deteriorated so badly, both the laity and clergy have departed from the path of holiness and truth. Today, the fruit and gifts of the Spirit are only evident in the lives of very few Christians. Many genuinely born again Christians are not living in sin but they are cold and operating far below expectation. The only solution to the problem of the Church now is revival. We must pray that God should revive us again, breakthrough our self-centred daily routines, and fill us with the fire of revival as of old in Jesus’ name.

God is especially pleased to answer any prayer that is focused on the revival of God’s work and God’s people. In my personal experience, fervent prayers always preceded every great move of God. Even prophecies and revelations of God must be prayed into physical manifestation. Therefore as individuals, we need revival in our personal lives, we need revival in our local communities, and we need revival in our nation. The Church of God also needs revival for renewal, rededication and spiritual empowerment.

Prayer Point
Father, please revive us again, fill us with the fire of revival for renewal and spiritual empowerment in Jesus’ name.

Day 25.
«Father, make 2016 my year of fulfilment in Jesus name.
Habakkuk 2:3, Jeremiah 30:8.
«Father, fulfil all my dreams and expectations.
Genesis 15:13-14, Exodus 12:41.
«Lord, let 2016 be my year of divine and supernatural progress.
Isaiah 43:19, Psalm 66:12, Acts 19:11.
«Father, let this be my season and year of exceptional favour.
Psalm 102:13.
«Father, support me divinely in Jesus name.
Psalm 54:4.
«Father, sustain me and all mine.
Isaiah 41:10, 14.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:17am On Feb 05, 2016

Friday 5th February, 2016.

REVIVAL BY THE WORD OF GOD (I).

Memorise
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
-Hebrews 4:12.

Read: Nehemiah 8:1-10.

To have a full understanding of the term “revival by the Word of God”, we need to carefully consider the various interpretations of the Word of God in the view of the Old Testament and the New Testament. In the Old Testament, the Word of God implied both a word about God and a word from God. In effect, the word of God refers to what God says, and at the same time describes God, His essence and attributes. The New Testament on the other hand, presents the Word of God as a person, the second person of the Trinity. Jesus Christ our Lord, who was with the Father from the beginning of creation. The New Testament presents the Word of God as follows:

“For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.”-Colossians 1:16-18.

The special ability of the Word of God to revive is based principally on the fact that He is the source of all things in heaven and earth. Since all things were created by Him, the power to revive is embedded in His creative power. God spoke all things into being by the power of His Word. Since the power to create is greater than the power of His Word. Since the power to create is greater than the power to repair, it is well within the power of the Word to repair and revive a corrupted creature at will.

To this end the Bible says the Word of God is living and active, He has the power to quicken and animate anything He chooses. The Word is able to examine and judge those who hear Him; He does not fail, but always accomplishes the set purpose. The Word of God is in fact a weapon of warfare that is able to penetrate and deal with material objects such as joints and marrow, and even the immaterial word such as the soul and spirit.
The passage further confirms that there is no hiding place for any creature before the Word as all things are made bare and completely exposed before Him. Furthermore, the thought and intents of the heart of men are correctly discerned and decoded by the Word of God.

Dearly beloved, I admonish you to stop playing games with God. Ask God for forgiveness, renewal, revival and re-dedication today. He will answer your prayers beyond your wildest dreams. He will revive you by the power of His Word and give you a new beginning of joy, peace, and prosperity. You will also reign with Him in heaven in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please revive me by the power in Your Word in the mighty Name of Jesus.

Day 26.
«Lord, let only the God fearing rule our nations.
Proverb. 1:7, Psalm 33:12.
«Father, let there be stability in all nations.
Proverb 28:2, Proverb 11:11.
«Father, we reject loss of lives and property in 2016 in Jesus name.
Joel 2:25-26
«Lord, avert natural disasters this year in Jesus name.
Psalm 91.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 8:25am On Feb 06, 2016

Saturday 6th February, 2016.

REVIVAL BY THE WORD OF GOD (II).

Memorise
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
- 2 Timothy 4:2.

Read: 2 Timothy 4:1-2.
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

Revival by the Word comes through total obedience to the Word of God. It is for this reason that the Scripture admonishes us to preach the Word, which is to propagate the Gospel and spread the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are to be instant
in preaching the Word because we do not have the luxury of time or planning for a convenient period. We must be prepared to preach the gospel always without regards as to whether it is convenient or not. Romans 10:17 says:

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” -Romans 10:17.

Faith comes only by listening to the Word of God. The conscience of men and women become activated through the hearing of the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. At the hearing of the Word of God, the corrupt and sinful mind of an individual begins to do a self analysis internally. A decision is then reached by the help of the Holy Spirit, personal conviction takes place in the mind and sorrow for sin and repentance follows immediately. All these would not be possible without the act of preaching the word. To this end Romans 10:14 says;

“How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?”-Romans 10:14.

The big question here is how shall they hear without a preacher? Our appointed duty is only to preach the Word, the Holy Spirit Himself will take over from there. It is important to note that God is not only asking us to preach the Gospel, He is concerned about preaching the right content and applying the right manner in our preaching. We are specifically expected to reprove and rebuke the evils in the life of the people by the Word of God. This is where many in the body of Christ today are falling short of the glory and expectations of God. Sound doctrine and healthy teachings as accurately documented in the Scriptures must be preached always without fear.
We must always bear in mind that our principal assignment is not only to populate the Church building; we have a greater duty to prepare the people of God for heaven through correct and unbiased presentation of the truth in the Word of God. By this the people will be exposed to the truth that sets free from sin and all unrighteousness. It is this freedom from sin that leads to peace and joy in the Holy Ghost, followed by the release of abundant blessings from above. As you make up your mind to live in obedience to the Word of God and take every opportunity to share the Gospel with at least one person daily, the glory of the Lord will become manifest in your life in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please empower me to preach your undiluted Word always in Jesus’ name.

Day 27.
»Lord, make me faithful.
1 Corinthians 4:2
»Father, let this be my year of unlimited lifting, establishment, prosperity and divine announcement.
»Lord, let there be healing and deliverance from long standing problems.
Luke 13:10-13, Mark 5:1-15.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 8:46am On Feb 07, 2016

Sunday 7th February, 2016.

COMMISSIONED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

Memorise
As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, separated me, Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
-Acts 13:2.

Read: Acts 13:1-4.
1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

Fasting is a biblical practice whose interpretation in the Old Testament was slightly different from what it was in the New Testament. In the Old Testament, in addition to being a means of prayer and supplication, fasting is also synonymous with mourning, shame and lamentation. The practice typically took place when a crisis or other significant event became more important than eating. However, the New Testament presents fasting purely as a means of prayer and supplication of mourning, shame or lamentation. As a matter of fact, Jesus taught us to fast without giving neighbours any clues, which means we should look clean and happy as always while fasting.

“Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; that thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.”
Matthew 6:16-18.

The above passage forms the basis and model for fasting in the New Testament Church. Fasting is therefore a means of seeking the face of the Lord for divine intervention in human affairs. It is such a powerful weapon of spiritual warfare that Jesus told His disciples that some level of miracles may not be possible without adding fasting to our prayers. That is probably the reason why the apostles of Jesus Christ took fasting and prayer seriously after the physical departure of our Lord Jesus Christ. Right from Chapter one of the book of Acts, fasting began to feature in the activities of the disciples, and each time, God responded with great miracles, signs and wonders.

Fasting was especially used by the apostles whenever they wanted God to commission them or needed special instruction or direction. Obviously, the apostles of old and the church at Antioch spent quality time in worship, fasting and prayer, earnestly seeking the Lord’s will as they opened themselves to divine direction. Their effort was honoured by God through the power of the Holy Ghost as they received answers to their request by physical manifestation of the power of God in their midst. The apostles would not have been able to do much without the commissioning power of the Spirit of God.

Prayer Point
Sweet Holy Spirit, please don’t let me do anything without your direction and commission in the name of Jesus.

Day 28.
SPIRITUAL GROWTH.
1) Lord, help me to fast and pray like never before in 2016.
Daniel 9:3, Matthew 4:1-2.
2) Father, let my sacrifice of fasting and prayer be greatly rewarded.
Hebrews 6:10.
3) Lord, let 2016 be my year of new beginnings of greatness and glory in Jesus name.
Isaiah 43:19, Isaiah 62:2.
4) Father, make me a light to all around me, use me to win souls into Your kingdom.
Matthew 5:14, Isaiah 42:6, 49:6.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:09am On Feb 08, 2016

Monday 8th February, 2016.

DELIVERANCE THROUGH PRAYER.

Memorise
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
-James 5:16.

Read: Acts 12:1-8.

If children of God would take time to study the Word of God and pay great attention to His person, ways, attributes and commandments, the world would be a much better place. Prayers will be answered quickly and Christians will revel in the glory and favour of God. We will partially know the reason(s) behind God’s actions and what to do at any time to move His hands in our favour. By the grace of God, anyone that is conversant with the History and development of the Redeemed Christian Church of God will agree, without any doubt that God has constantly revealed His mind to us in the place of prayer. May His name be praised forevermore in Jesus’ name.

A careful study of the story of Hezekiah in Isaiah 36-38 reveals two important factors that lead to God’s deliverance through prayer. The first is recorded in Isaiah 37:20, where Hezekiah asks God to deliver Israel for His own sake and not theirs:

“Save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone are the Lord”
-Isaiah 37:20.

God responded by saving them for His glory. There is no greater and stronger foundation for our salvation than this. It is by His grace and it is accessible to all human beings without any qualification. It is open to the poor as well as the rich; it is open to men and women of all ages, race and background. Not because we deserve it, but to show that God is a merciful God who delights in showering blessings on His children.

The second factor is found in the same story. Hezekiah first prayed for Jerusalem’s existence that was being threatened and God graciously answered and saved Jerusalem, again he prayed for mercy and elongation of his own life and God answered too. In both cases, God’s deliverance came in direct response to a humble and desperate prayer. God will always respond to the desperate requests of His children because Jesus is our sinless high priest who makes it possible for us to approach the throne of grace with confidence.

The New Testament reveals a similar pattern in the book of Acts 12:1-8;

“Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.” -Acts 12:5.

The Lord answered the prayer of the Church with the miraculous deliverance of Peter. Here again, God answers the desperate prayer of His people for the glory of His Name. I therefore decree, as you make your request known to God this day, He will answer you by fire with signs following in Jesus’ Name.

Prayer Point
Father, please don’t let me ever suffer any kind of defeat in Jesus’ name.

Day 29.
PROVISION.
• Father, let kings stand at attention and princes bow low to me. Isaiah 49:7.
• Father, let kings and queens serve me, let them take care of all my needs. Isaiah 49:23.
• Lord, multiply every blessing in my hands.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:50am On Feb 09, 2016

Tuesday 9th February, 2016.

VICTORY THROUGH PRAISE.

Memorise
And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
-2 Chronicles 20:22.

Read: 2 Chronicles 20:21-24.
21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever.
22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
23 For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.
24 And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.

Victory is generally presented in the Bible as an act of God. From Genesis to Revelation, God is always presented as the source of all victory, which He grants to those who obey His commands and put their trust and confidence in Him. Wherever you turn to in the Scripture, this principle holds true.

“And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”
-Colossians 2:15.

In essence, God has destroyed the value and quality of our enemies and has also put their failure, disgrace and shame in open display for all to see. Victory is always presented in the Bible as achieved by God without human intervention. This reality makes it absolutely necessary to praise God whenever we are confronted by the enemy, knowing that victory is assured in Jesus’ name.

The Bible also presents praise as a spiritual language that can reach beyond the intellect to touch the heart of God. Whenever God wants to do something really supernatural, He calls for an army of musical warriors, to bombard the stronghold of the enemy. Such was the case in the time of Jehoshaphat King of Judah who deployed divine warriors, and army of worshippers, to march into battle with musical instrument in their hands and songs of praises in their mouths. As they praised and worshiped God, He rose on their behalf and completely destroyed all their enemies. 2 Chronicles 20:22 says:

“And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.”

What I know for sure is that if you praise God, His enemies cannot stand by. Some 30 years ago, we went to Otukpo town in the Middle Belt Region of Nigeria for a programme, with some students. I planned to talk on divine healing. Then, we began to praise God so intensely that the glory of God descended and I forgot every other scripture I had planned for the sermon except Luke 1:37. Suddenly, there were clusters of students kneeling and praying in tongues though they had never heard of the Holy Ghost baptism before. Others joined them praying in tongues and at the end of the day I could not preach. Go ahead now, praise God until you bring down His glory today.

Key Point
As you worship God today, He will arise and scatter all your enemies in the mighty name of Jesus.

Day 30.
JOY.
«Father, cause me to sing songs of everlasting joy. Isaiah 35:10.
»Lord, let sorrow, sighing and mourning flee far away from me. Isaiah 35:10.
«Father, from now, let me know only the joy of The Lord continually.
»Father, let me enjoy unspeakable joy and fill my life with your glory throughout 2016.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:02am On Feb 10, 2016

Wednesday 10th February, 2016.

FULFILLING GOD’S PURPOSE (I).

Memorise
See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
-Jeremiah 1:10.

Read: Jeremiah 1:1-10.

Several passage of the Bible confirms the fact that every human being was originally created by God and born into this word to fulfil God’s purpose. Colossians 1:16 says;

“For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:” -Colossians 1:16.

There is nothing like an afterthought with God. Everything He does is purposeful and deliberate. Not only that, He has everything to the minutest detail, precisely tied to time. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says;

“To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:”

From Adam and Eve, to Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Moses, and all the prophets and kings in the Bible, they all were precisely programmed to come and go according to God’s ultimate plan. There is no randomness with God; all things that have ever happened on earth and in heaven were ordered according to His unsearchable wisdom. Act 15:18 says;

“Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.”

For example, John the Baptist was selected by God to prepare the way for the Lord by announcing His arrival, confronting the sinfulness and rebellion of that generation and by preaching repentance of sins. Jeremiah’s purpose as a prophet of God was clearly described in Jeremiah 1:1-10. These two prophets were able to fulfil God’s purposes; they did not at any time jettison their responsibilities. John the Baptist perfectly prepared the way for the Lord without taking upon Himself any additional responsibility beyond that which was ordained from heaven. Immediately he identified Christ, he made it public, he was ready to decrease and stay in the shadows as Jesus began to increase. Bible scholars have several interpretations about the real cause of his death, but at the end, Jesus declared him as the greatest man that ever lived. His greatness must have been tied to the fulfilment of God’s purpose for his life.
Jeremiah on the other hand was deliberately setup by God as the national prophet to the nation of Israel in his generation. It was a period of apostasy and God was determined, after many unheeded warnings, to deal with the children of Israel according to their doings. Jeremiah was set over the kingdom of Israel to root out, pull down, destroy, and throw down. He was also permitted to build and plant. The Bible confirmed that though Jeremiah wept much for his beloved country, he faithfully discharged his duties without fear or favour.

God has also setup each of us for His purpose in this generation. Are you fulfilling God’s purpose for your life?

Prayer Point
Father, please give me the wisdom, knowledge and boldness to discharge my duties in this world without fear or favour in Jesus’name.

Day 31.
«Father, deliver every prey from the hand of the mighty in Jesus name, Isaiah 49:24-26.
»Lord, put to shame every evil strongman. Luke 11:21-22.
«Lord, deliver every lawful captive and the prey of the terrible in Jesus name. Isaiah 49: 24-25a.
»Father, fight with those who fight with me and save my children in Jesus name. Isaiah 49:25b.
«Father, feed my enemies with their own flesh; let them drink their own blood like sweet wine in Jesus name. Isaiah 49:26a.
»Father, let all the world know that You are my Saviour and Redeemer. Isaiah 49:26b.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:41am On Feb 11, 2016

Thursday 11th February, 2016.

FULFILLING GOD’S PURPOSE (II).

Memorise
And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the Garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
-Genesis 2:15.

Read: Genesis 1:26-28.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

At the beginning of creation and before the fall of man in Genesis chapter three, the instruction given to humanity can be safely classified into three categories. Category one is to cultivate the land and to keep it. The words “subdue”, “have dominion”, and “rule” are all pointers to what is required to effectively keep the land as steward-kings of God’s creation. Category two is the institution of law with the purpose of teaching people to live under authority. The third category is the institution of marriage to expose people to the principle of love and teach people to live for someone other than themselves. From that very beginning, God made it very clear that He is not abandoning us to ourselves to figure things out all alone. He wants us to use everything we have to serve Him and humanity, therefore manual labour or service at this level was not the result of the fall, rather it was part of God’s original purpose for humanity. The truth is evident in Genesis 2:15-18, which says:

“And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. And the Lord commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.”

The starting point of fulfilling God’s purpose for anyone therefore, is to be productive. Since we are discussing the very first set of instructions to humanity, obedience to God must necessarily start from here. A true believer is to provide for his near relatives and his immediate family at the same time. It is not by choice; failure to provide for one’s family is equal to denial of the faith as stated in 1Timothy 5:8:

“But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.”

This is the major reason why believers must be busy doing something worthwhile in life. If a Christian is unable to care for his family, such a person will be unable to love and care for others. The Bible says that such people are worse than infidels. Now it is possible to be in such a state temporarily due to several reasons, but it must not be accepted as permanent status. A faithful Christian will soon find favour with God and man that will pull him or her out of such despicable situation. I therefore prophecy into the life of anyone in such a situation reading this devotional today, the Great Provider will transfer you from poverty to abundance today in Jesus’ name. For those that are looking unto God for profitable ventures, receive it now in the name of Jesus. From this day, you will begin to fulfil God’s purpose for your life in the mighty name of Jesus.

Prayer Point
Father, please help me to fulfil my purpose in Jesus’ name.

Day 32.
OPEN THE FLOODGATE OF HEAVEN.
»Father, please release the flood of righteousness. Psalm 51
»Father, release the flood of your Power, Victory, and peace to our entire Nation.
»Father, help me to obey Your word.
»Father, help me to obey Your voice.
»Father, let the nations of the earth be blessed through me. Zechariah. 10:1
»Father, in a special way, do something new in our lives.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:24am On Feb 12, 2016

Friday 12th February, 2016.

FULFILLING GOD’S PURPOSE (III).

Memorise
And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
-Genesis 2:18.

Read: 1 Samuel 19:9-12.
9 And the evil spirit from the Lord was upon Saul, as he sat in his house with his javelin in his hand: and David played with his hand.
10 And Saul sought to smite David even to the wall with the javelin: but he slipped away out of Saul's presence, and he smote the javelin into the wall: and David fled, and escaped that night.
11 Saul also sent messengers unto David's house, to watch him, and to slay him in the morning: and Michal David's wife told him, saying, If thou save not thy life to night, to morrow thou shalt be slain.
12 So Michal let David down through a window: and he went, and fled, and escaped.

Let me start by clarifying something about being alone. Being alone could be in two ways, by solitude and by loneliness. Solitude is by being alone on purpose; an intentional separation from people for a period, such a person can be alone by the river side or watching television without being lonely. There is a biblical basis for solitude (Exodus 33:7, 11; Luke 5:16; Mark 1:35; Luke 6:12-13; Luke 22:41), therefore, solitude could be a good thing. However, loneliness is usually never desired. Prolonged loneliness may sometimes lead to depression. Being alone is the very first aspect of creation that met with God’s disapproval and His harsh judgment of not being good, and 1 Corinthians 1:25 says,

“Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.”

Therefore, God’s assessment of “being alone” should be taken seriously. God in His infinite wisdom decided to solve the problem of being alone by providing a “help meet for the man”. A perfect companion that is suitable for him, one that will cancel out the negative effects of ‘being alone’. Now, fulfilling the purpose of God in life in general and marriage in particular depends largely on our understanding and total subsmission to the manufacturer’s instructions. A simple, direct, Holy Ghost inspired and time tested meaning of this passage is clear to all. Help refers broadly to aid or assistance, the word ‘helper’ may connote subordinate, but does not necessarily imply inferiority. Hosea 13:9 refers to God as Israel’s helper, also, Genesis 2:18-25, describes how God provided the suitable helper for the man.
The declaration of Adam, that Eve is the bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh is a pointer to the fact that marriage creates the closest of all human relationships and should be cherished as such. We are to note also that only one Eve was created and not several Eves or another Adam. This is a confirmation that God established heterosexual monogamy as the divine pattern of marriage at creation. However, the language of Ephesians 5:22-25 is probably clearer on the God given roles of husbands and wives.

“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;”

Every child of God that is determined to fulfil God’s purpose must live according to the order of marriage ordained by the Almighty God. Marriage is the foundation of life according to the Bible. Consequently, marital failure may as well translate to failure in life and ministry.        

Prayer Point
Father, I believe in the institution of marriage according to the Bible, please help me to build a strong, happy and joyful home in the mighty Name of Jesus.

Day 33.
PEACE.
»Father, please give me peace like a river in every facet life. Isaiah 66:12.
»Father, let your peace rule in all area of my life.
»Father, still every storm in my life, Mark 4:39.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
FUTA HOLY GHOST SERVICE.
Friday Feb. 12th 2016.
In Christ Alone.

Prayer:
»Father if You're going to touch two people here tonight, please in Your Mercy let me be one of them.

»Father tonight please glorify Yourself, do something only You can do and let us all have a new song.

God works according to His timetable and in that timetable there's someone whose miracle can no longer wait.

John14:6
There's never been anyone else in the History of man who has said I am the way.
There's a significant difference between I am the way and the way.

A) Jesus is the way out of;
1) Sickness
1Peter5:24.

Mark5:25-34
Jesus is the only doctor who will never refer you elsewhere.

That's why I prophesy over your life, the One who never refers a case will heal you tonight in Jesus name.

2) He is the way out of failure
John5:2-9.

I decree, no student on this ground #Futa right now will ever fail another exam again.

3) Jesus is the way out of darkness:
Spiritual and physical darkness
Mark5:1-15.

I have good news for you tonight; in the name of the One who called me, darkness will leave you alone tonight.

Loud and clear say Father, tonight every force of darkness holding me in any form of bondage, dismiss them completely in the name of Jesus.

B) Jesus is the way into;
»Success - Phil4:13.

Success is not always determined by how hard you work but in Christ alone.

I prophesy over you in that discipline they say you're a failure, you will become a professor.

Those who think you're going to end in failure, as the Lord lives, they will be put to shame.

Father today please give me divine wisdom to excel in life.

C) Jesus is the way;
»Forward
Exodus 14:15, Mark 2:1-12.

In the name of the One who called me, barrenness of any nature will end in your life tonight.

Father the way to my progress, please show me tonight. I'm tired of going round in circles please show me the way forward in life.

Father please accelerate my promotion; please don't let me die unknown.

»Jesus is also the way where there is no way.

That help you've been expecting not only will it come quickly; it'll last forever.

Everyone trying to ambush you shall be ambushed.

For every area of your life where men have told you there's no hope, I've come to declare to you there's hope. Colossians 1:27.

Father in my life please make the impossible possible tonight.

Jesus is actually the only way!

Altar call:
My beloved, don't let anyone deceive you. No matter your present position, if you're not in Christ your tomorrow will be terrible.

I beg you my beloved not because of today but for your tomorrow; and again because of your eternity.
Please come to Jesus today and surrender to Him.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:39am On Feb 13, 2016

Saturday 13th February, 2016.

FULFILLING GOD’S PURPOSE (IV).

Memorise
And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
-Ephesians 6:4.

Read: Genesis 18:17-19.
17 And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

The Bible declared the father as the head of the home – head of the mother and the children. As such, fathers have complete authority within the household to direct the affairs of the family, and to administer discipline when necessary. However, Apostle Paul admonishes that fathers should handle authority over their children with care; they are to be careful not to provoke their children to wrath. Some fathers are guilty of using their authority unreasonably in ways that cause their children to harbour resentment. However, fathers have the responsibility to bring their children up in the way of the Lord. In many cultures today, parents have submitted and completely relinquished their God given responsibility to raise godly children to school teachers, Sunday school teachers, pastors, or governmental institutions. Every Christian parent should know that God will hold them responsible for the success or failure of their wards. Children are God’s heritage, we have an awesome responsibility and authority over them, we are responsible for them before God, and we will surely render our account to God over them.
Are there any particular reason(s) why parents, particularly fathers, are called by God to play such a crucial, God ordained role in the unbringing or discipleship of their children? Ephesians 6:1-4 gives us a clue.

“Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; that it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. And, ye fathers provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord”.

God knows that from childhood, little children gradually learn to love and trust their parents because of the relationship they have. Children normally grow up to receive love and care from their parents in the form of feeding, clothing, washing, and protection from cold and other harmful circumstances. Therefore children naturally gravitate towards their parents. For the same reasons, children are more likely to learn the ways and manners of their parents by default. Most children would choose to learn from their parents because parents are the first heroes’ of children. God in His wisdom is fully aware of these factors; He therefore designed the family to take advantage of the opportunity provided by nature.

The Bible provides a very good balance here; children are to obey their parents, while parents are to treat their children with respect so that they will obey them without coercion. God expects children to obey their parents for Christ’s sake, even if their parents are not believers. Also, children should not commit any sinful act just because their parents command them to. When faced with a choice between the two, children must obey God rather then man.

Prayer Point
Father, please make me a successful parent; don’t let me fail You over my children.

Day 34.
DIVINE DIRECTION AND STRATEGY.
Isaiah 48:17, John 10:4-5, Isaiah 30:21, Psalm 37:23.

1. Father, I declare that my ears will hear the voice of God clearly.
2. Father, I download heavenly strategies to establish dominion in my life.
3. Lord, order every step of RCCG members.
4. Father, I move from glory to glory to fulfil God’s purpose for my life.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:56am On Feb 15, 2016

Sunday 14th February, 2016.

FULFILLING GOD’S PURPOSE? (V).

Memorise
A wise son maketh a father glad: but a foolish man despiseth his mother.
- Proverb 15:20.

Read: Psalms 127:3-5.
3. Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Luke 1:1-2:21 and Job 21:17-34.

The Bible in several passages uses the word fool to describe a disobedient child. It is important therefore to take a closer look at the characteristics of fools as presented in the Scripture.
According to Proverbs, a destructive fate awaits the fool. This is especially so because of the rebellious attitude of fools. The Word of God also describes fool as arrogant, untrustworthy, argumentative,
reckless, and impulsive. Fools usually refuse instructions to their own detriment. The Bible says in Proverbs 22:15:

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Children are usually disobedient when they wrongly assume that they know better than their elders, especially their parents. Such attitude would naturally give birth to arrogance. It is this arrogant attitude that makes them impulsive, that is, they confidently speak and act without properly thinking through. This is also the root of reckless behaviour of such children. Because they think they know so much, when in fact they know very little, they usually get into needless arguments.

The combination of these detrimental behaviours would usually lead to unstable lifestyle. When these vices are found in anyone, success will be far from such a person and destruction would be looming over such a life. I hereby prophecy into the life of every child of God that is reading this devotional today, the Lord will purge your life of all evil vices and behaviours today in Jesus name.

The encouraging thing is that God has a glorious purpose even for young people. And the earlier they start pursuing the purpose of God for their lives the better. The purpose of God for Christian children is to be wise sons and daughters. Their wisdom is always expressed in their humility and simple obedience. The reward of their obedience and godliness is always evident in their success stories and testimonies.
Obedient children are always at peace with God and man; they live in good health, and are usually free from any form of addiction. Because they have sound minds, they cannot be lured into cults and other destructive lifestyles. Even at a tender age, an obedient child views himself as a role model and a future leader. An obedient child is conscious of God's purpose as his sole occupation and his mind is constantly ruminating over how to achieve this. This awareness will keep his mind fixed on the word of God.

Prayer Point
Father, Please help me to be obedient in all things and help me to fulfil your purpose for my life in Jesus’ name.

Day 35, Sunday 14th February, 2016.
SUPERNATURAL ABUNDANCE.
»Father, open our eyes to the principle of abundant life and fruitfulness. Proverb. 3:5–10.
»Lord, anoint Your people to multiply greatly in 2016.
»According to Your word, Lord Jesus, make Your church exceedingly fruitful in 2016. Genesis 12:1–3, Genesis 26:12–13, Genesis 30:43, Genesis 28:3–4
»Father, bless us in 2016.
»O LORD, send the arrow of barrenness back to the sender. Genesis 27:27–29, Genesis 12:3.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:57am On Feb 15, 2016

Monday 15th February, 2016.

COMMANDED TO REJOICE.

Memorise
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
- Jeremiah 29:11.

Read: Philippians 4:1-7.

The commandment to rejoice seems to be a repeated theme in the book of Philippians. First, Philippians 2:18, then 3:1, and 4:4. Why did Paul pay so much attention to the word rejoice? On a closer look at the passages, it becomes clear that the focus of Apostle Paul is not the word "rejoice" at all, rather, Paul’s emphasis is on the term “rejoice in the Lord”. He was trying to draw a line between the common rejoicing that happens to all human beings and the art of rejoicing in the Lord.
God wants us to know that joy is a matter of realm, because there are diverse types of joy and it is the realm of joy that makes the difference.

There is a rejoicing that is common to all men, it is a feeling of joy that depends on situations and circumstances around us and it is temporal and short-lived: this joy is unsubstantial and evanescent.
However, there is a delight that comes with God’s presence, it is divine and powerful; the joy of the Lord. This joy is also called the ‘joy of salvation’, it is real, it is a great kind of joy, it is endless, and an everlasting joy that brings down the presence of God into the hearts of men.
Apostle Peter had this to say about this kind of rejoicing in 1 Peter 1:8:

“Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:”

What makes rejoicing in the Lord so important that God had to repeatedly command us to rejoice? It is the very first miracle that happens to a person when he becomes born again. The joy of the Lord is immediately shed in the heart of the fellow. The unspeakable expression of the joy of salvation is therefore the most vital and undeniable proof that a person is genuinely born of God.
The wisdom of God commanded it repeatedly in the Bible, and emphasised it in Philippians at least for two major reasons. First, being born again is a spiritual walk with God and the joy of the Lord is the token of our connectedness to God; losing the joy therefore, is another token of disconnection from God. You will never be disconnected from God in Jesus’ name.

Secondly, God knows that a genuine conversion to Christianity would cause a forceful separation and disconnection from the worldly system of thought and action, which naturally leads to rejection, persecution, and diverse temptations. Therefore, the joy of the Lord is provided as an offensive weapon of consolation, encouragement, and strength in the face of persecution. That is why Philippians 4:4 says;

“Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.”

God commanded His people to rejoice, He was not giving a suggestion or permission, neither did He make it a matter of choice. We are compelled to rejoice in the Lord as a necessary ingredient to the Christian faith. Rejoicing is founded on and derived through the Word of God, it is needful in affliction, it brings comfort and strength to press forward in times of trouble.

HYMN 6: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.

Prayer Point
Father, please fill my heart with Your heavenly joy, that is all I need from You today.
»Father, uproot the spirit of fear that stops us from moving forward. Colossian 2:15.
»Declare that whoever occupies the place God has given you be removed and ask that God will unseat them and restore your territory to you. Esther 2:1-4.
»Holy Spirit, reveal the areas I need to work on and fill me with wisdom and knowledge.
»Lord, awaken every sleeping giant in the mighty name of Jesus.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:30am On Feb 16, 2016

Tuesday 16th February, 2016.

TIME TO FIGHT. (1)

Memorise
TO every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
- Ecclesiastes 3:1.

Read: 1 Timothy 4:1-6.
1. NOW the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2. Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3. Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5. For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6. If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

Fighting means to engage in a struggle against a perceived enemy or enemies either defensively or offensively. Most human beings, irrespective of who they are, what they know, where they have been, and their level of spiritual maturity, have something they would fight for. We fight for our fundamental human rights, we fight for possessions, we fight for our family, we fight for our job. We are sensitive to criticism and insults, and sometimes we even fight for things we don't really own. The question is, should a true Christian fight for anything? And if you were to write a list of things worth fighting for, what would that list include? In this respect, Ecclesiastes 3:1&8 says:

'To every thing there is a season, and time to every purpose under the heaven. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.'

Conflicts come in different categories. Though we have the right to self defense, Christian are not called to take up arms against their offensive or aggressive neighbours because our weapon is not physical. However, God is under attack in today's world because His creative order, His principles and commandments are being maliciously attacked by heretics. Surprisingly, some of these enemies of the gospel of Jesus Christ have managed to rise to enviable positions of authority both in church and civil government. This has emboldened them and their supporters to intensify their evil attacks on the Christian faith. Do we fight for our Lord? Do we stand aloof or fight whenever these attacks occur around us? 1 Timothy 6:12 says:

'Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.'

Christians do not have any choice in this matter; we do not have the luxury of a personal decision on this one. In reality, the battle of the heretics and false prophets is raging right now and our Commander in Chief, the Lord of hosts, has commanded us to fight, and we must fight. The above passage started out by qualifying the kind of fight that Christians could engage in as the good fight of faith. It is a good fight because it prevents the rapid spread of heretic teachings, and delivers people from ignorance and false doctrine. It is good because we are on the wining side, we can never lose because we are more than conquerors. It is good because we will be handsomely rewarded for our efforts here on earth and when we get to heaven. It is a good fight because we are well fitted with the most potent weapon in the universe- the Word of God. Above all, though we are saved by grace, our performance in this battle will ultimately determine our rank among the host of heaven and the manner of our reward. Apostle Paul seems to have discovered this truth as reflected in his final declaration in 2 Timothy 4:7

'I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith'

Only a general in the army of God who had fought valiantly for the truth could say this.

Prayer Point
Father, please let me finish well and be able to say that I have fought a good fight.

HYMN 9: MY FAITH HAS FOUND A RESTING PLACE.
»Declare a divine change of status in every area of your life. Genesis 32:28
»Declare to God that you will not let Him go unless He blesses you. Genesis 32:26
»Pray against financial death and bankruptcy, for financial promotion in the life of members of RCCG in 2016. Psalm 1:3
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:06am On Feb 17, 2016

Wednesday 17th February, 2016.

TIME TO FIGHT. (2)

Memorise
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
-Colossians 3:5.

Read : 1 Timothy 6:6-12.
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Anyone that has been in the Christian race for some years would have discovered the militant nature of the average Christian. Every true Christian is fully aware of the on-going conflict around us, physical, mental, and spiritual. We are confronted with contrary doctrines in our daily lives, we face diverse kind of temptations, we are bombarded with many ungodly ideas and propositions; sometimes it could be vicious attack from unknown people or aggression from neighbours.

In addition to all these, we are constantly faced with attractive and seemingly profitable offers from the pit of hell to lure us into all kind of sins. The devil is prowling around the world looking for Christians to destroy according to 1 Peter 5:8

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

The survival of a child of God therefore depends on his or her preparedness for battle and ability to fight. We must be ever ready so that nothing will catch us unawares. We cannot afford to slumber or sleep, we are meant to be spiritual watchmen and scouts, constantly looking out for bands of approaching enemies that may try to take us by surprise. This is why the above passage counsels us to be serious minded and vigilant, carefully monitoring every move of the enemy around us, and to be fully prepared to counter and completely neutralise his evil attacks. However, one of the most dangerous places to be in conflict situation is at the back. Whenever you see somebody dropping back in a war situation, be sure that fellow will soon be hit very hard. King David learnt this lesson in a hard way.

I pray that you will never backslide into error and be caught in the snare of the devil in Jesus name.

In Mathew 16:18, the Lord Jesus declared that the gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church.

These gates are the access points that the enemy may use to penetrate our lives. To permanently keep these gates shut, Colossians 3:5 counsels us to subdue the flesh and it's worldly desires through discipline. We must wage war against self to subdue, discipline, and put it under control. If we fail to discipline ourselves, then it becomes easy for pride, sexual immorality, inordinate ambition, covetousness , and other form of indiscipline to creep into our lives and give opportunity to devil to butcher us.

May the Lord deliver you from every evil plan against your life in Jesus name. Finally 1 John3:8b says:

"...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."

The instruction to fight becomes easy to carry out when we realise that Jesus Christ the son of God came to this world for the sole purpose of destroying the works of devil.

I decree that every work of the devil in your life be destroyed now in Jesus name.

Prayer Point
Father, please help me to stand. Don't let me ever fall for the devil in Jesus' name.

Hymn 9: My Faith has found a resting place.
1. Thank God for strength, grace and daily provision - Nehemiah 8:10.
2. Pray that the Lord almighty shall give them fresh unction to carry on the work - I John 2:20.
3. Pray that the beauty of the Lord shall rest upon them and their families - Psalm 90:17.
4. Pray for more excellent spirit and pray against every evil plans in their work - Daniel 6:3; 2Corinthians 10:4-5.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by feeltee: 10:32am On Feb 17, 2016
Are you a God fearing keyboardist with excellent skills? Do you have the qualities a true praise/worshiper must possess? If yes, there shall be auditioning on February 25, 2016 at 75, Aina street, off Grammar School, Ojodu. Lagos.

Call or whatsapp Tayo on 08020752514 for more information.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:20am On Feb 18, 2016

Thursday 18th February, 2016.

THE GREAT HELPER.

Memorise
My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
-Psalms 121:2.

Read: Psalms 121:1-8.
1. I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5. The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

It has been said that one of the common features of Christianity is the diverse conflict that is targeted at a child of God from the moment of conversion; it presents itself as a permanent companion in the journey of life, and appears to become more intense as you progress in the Christian race.
These conflicts may come in the form of physical, emotional, and spiritual attacks. They could sometimes be manifested as temptations, financial trouble, physical or health challenges, vocational problems, obstacles and obstructions, sickness or death of a loved one, stagnancy, discouragement, failure, depression, and family problems.

Many of these may appear normal, but some are direct attacks on children of God, to hate, despise, persecute, oppress, blackmail, and even kill them. Yet, in the face of such malicious attacks, many Christians have persevered and stood firm in their convictions, with great grace and in defiant faith.
Such people were able to stand in the face of evil, holding on to God’s promises for help. One of such could be found in Hebrews 13:5-6 that says

“Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”

I pray that as you look up to God for help and assistance today, He will send help to you and you will never be disappointed in Jesus’ name. Like the saints of old, we are expected to build our confidence on the sure promises of God. King David in his affliction said,

“My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth" (Psalm 121:2) thereby revealing the source of his confidence.

In the above passage, the word of God says, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee”. Because of this sure promise of God which can never fail, we may say with confidence that the Lord is our helper, a sure and dependable help in times of trouble. I decree into your life today, God will always be there for you as a reliable ally against all evil attacks in the name of Jesus.

A simple analysis of the statement “I will not fear what man shall do unto me" implies the inevitability of determined evil actions of men, but the Bible is saying that even in the face of such evil threats, we should not become fearful but remain confident, knowing that God will never fail us.
However, there are conditions that a true Christian must meet to guarantee His assistance. We must be free from covetousness, and be satisfied with whatever we have. People with uncontrollable desires for delicacies, designer wears, social status, high offices or positions, and other worldly attractions, are usually a little desperate and unstable.
Such people will do anything, including lowering their Christian standards, in order to retain positions that support their livelihood at all cost. You will not be driven by fear to sell-out your birth right or backslide into error in Jesus’ Name.

The promises of God are perfectly reliable because “God is not a man, that he should lie”, if God be for us, who can be against us? Who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? Our confidence rests absolutely upon the promise of God. Hallelujah.

Prayer Point
Father, my confidence rests upon Your Holy Word, please be there for me always in Jesus’ name.

HYMN: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.
2. Lord, contend with those contending with the servants of God in RCCG. Isaiah 49:24-26
3. Father, every enemy of revival in RCCG shall dry up from their roots.
4. Father, let the 50 days fasting be fruitful for all participants, their families, our Nations and the Church. Isaiah 58:6-12
5. Father, let there be Open Heaven for showers of blessings and testimonies. Ezekiel 34:26
6. Lord, let there be great harvest of souls in 2016.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:13am On Feb 19, 2016

Friday 19th February, 2016.

BEWARE OF DECEIVERS (I).

Memorise
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
-2 Timothy 3:16.

Read: 2 Timothy 3:1-8.
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

A deceiver is someone who practices deceit as means of seducing, misleading, or giving false impressions to people. A deceiver would try to impose a false idea that causes bewilderment, helplessness, or confusion in people’s mind. Every act of deception is a direct attack against the truth for the purpose of distorting the original creative order and position of things by the Almighty God. Deception is therefore the devil’s invention which has been carefully designed to create doubts and questions about the credibility of God in the hearts of men. This is the reason why deceit is condemned by God as an attempt to deny His sovereignty and the revelation of Himself. After the devil’s successful attack on Adam and Eve in Genesis 3:1-7, God repeatedly warned humanity about the subtlety of Satan and his false prophets. Matthew 24:11 says;

“And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.”

The whole of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is full of similar warnings about the deliberate plot of
devil to send his evil agents of deception in form of false prophets and heretic teachers into the world, in order to deceive and mislead many. These deadly agents of deception have perfected the means of attacking unsuspecting individuals from two seemingly harmless fronts. One of their tactics is to preach the gospel of the alternative. They claim to be serving the same God through another saviour, and therefore present their religion as a better alternative to Christianity. They usually score low on holiness, they encourage worldliness and lean heavily on rituals and sacrifices as a means of relating with God. The second tactic is hinged on the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the fake kind of Christianity that only has the appearance of the Christian religion on the surface, but is full of heresy, ungodliness, and immorality in actual practice. To this end 1 Timothy 4:1-2 says:

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter time some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;”

In the above passage, the Word of God is making it very clear to us that the activities of these agents of darkness will become very concentrated and effective in the latter days, such that it will cause some believers to depart from the faith. This will happen because those affected would commit the error of giving heed to seducing spirits.

They would be seduced through the preaching of other gospels, the gospel of relativism, modernism and post-modernism, and through attractive motivational messages. To counter the evil, we must turn to 2 Timothy 3:16. God has given us all scripture by His inspiration, to be profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness, dangerous heretic teachings are in the air, but anyone that abides in the Word of God, can never be deceived. Be warned.

Prayer Point
Father, please don’t let me ever give heed to seducing spirits in Jesus’ name.
Deuteronomy 8:18, Psalm 35:27, Psalm 115:14, Luke 6:38.
1. Father, open my eyes to see the abundance of Your riches and glory.

2. Father, make me a true giver who will invest in Your Kingdom.

3. Lord, I break every spirit that stops people from plugging into the covenant of prosperity through giving.

4. Father, release the power to get wealth and the wisdom of God to create multiple streams of income, Deuteronomy 8:18.

5. Ask for uncommon financial miracles in your life and for RCCG.

6. Command the 4 cardinal points of this nation and the earth to release every financial increase that is due and or long overdue.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2016

Saturday 20th February, 2016.

BEWARE OF DECEIVERS (II).

Memorise
But watch thou in all things, endure affitions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
- 2 Timothy 4:5.

Read: Romans 16:17-20.
17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

The Bible repeatedly warns children of God to beware of deceivers in the form of false teachers and prophets, because their operations are usually so smooth that their activities could be very difficult to pin down as errors. They present their messages as divine revelations received after much perseverance in prayers and rigorous Bible study. Deceivers present their deadly errors as newly discovered secret information that was specially revealed by God, as the preferred way of relating with Him in this generation. 2 Timothy 4:5 says:

“But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.”

It is an established fact that keeping the faith protected from the corruption of deceivers, requires the presence of the Holy Spirit, a knowledge of the Scripture, holiness, perseverance, Christian fellowship and spiritual maturity. This attributes must be present in a person’s life before the instruction in 2 Timothy 4:5 can be effectively carried out.
The first essential step is to watch in all things. To watch, in this sense, it to pay close attention to the beliefs and practices of the Church, to ensure that they are ever in strict compliance with the Word of God. By so doing, even the slightest variation would be quickly noticed and corrected. Also, young believers will be protected from error. The second essential step is to do the work of an evangelist by demonstrating the full evidence of the ministry. If indeed the present generation of Christians would preach the gospel of Jesus Christ with power, such that miracle, signs, and wonders, are evident in our fellowships meetings, then the door shall be permanently shut against false prophets. Furthermore, 2 Timothy 3:16 says:

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:”

This passage boldly declares that everything documented in the Bible is given by God as a revelation of Himself, His commandments and teachings. This confirms the Bible as the only divine manual containing everything we need to know about the Almighty God and His created universe. The passage also emphasizes the art of teaching, reproof, and correction as means of keeping the Church clear of false teachers and their messages. Teaching is the primary task of Christians as indicated in Mathew 28:19. We are called to teach the whole counsel of God, shedding the light of the gospel over every aspect of life, for the purpose of remodelling our lives to be in compliance with the word of God. In addition to teaching, we must reprove by speaking against false teachers and their heretic messages. At the same time, we must make serious effort to bring false teachers and those influenced by their messages back to the knowledge of the truth. Finally, there must be training in righteousness to learn how to do what is right, what is just and in accordance with godliness. Once again, beware of deceivers!

Prayer Point
Father, please let anything You have not planted in Your Church be uprooted today om the Name of Jesus.
2. Father, destroy every plot and plan of the devil to cause division, confusion and contention in RCCG.
3. Lord, frustrate the schemes and strategies of hell against RCCG.
4. Father, establish clear lines of spiritual authority and divine order in every aspect of our lives and ministry.
5. Father, I decree that every leader and member walk in their divine calling.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 4:35am On Feb 21, 2016

Sunday 21st February, 2016.

BLESSINGS OF KNOWING THE TRUE GOD.

Memorise
And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
- Daniel 11:32.

Read: 1 Kings 18:21-24.
21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.
23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:
24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.

It is common amongst Christians to tell stories of our lifestyle before we became acquainted with the true God. Many confess being in bondage to various gods who ruled over them with an iron fist, through the observance of ridiculously expensive practices in terms of time and money. These gods include expensive lifestyles, unnecessarily plentiful entertainment, un-godly fashion, wasteful pastimes, membership of exclusive clubs and fraternities, etc. Furthermore, some were overcome by addiction and therefore were ruled by alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, smoking, nightlife and other dangerous habits. Worse still, many were enslaved to ideologies, taboos, cultism, idols, and demonic spirits. These gods exert their influence on people in different ways, as a result of which many fall into diverse sins, disappointments, stagnancy, sickness, demonic possession, fruitlessness, indebtedness, bankruptcy, failure, and death.

Job 5:7 says, “man is born unto trouble” and Job 14:1 says: “Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.”

I prophecy to anyone that is facing one trouble or the other in this world, God will show mercy and deliver you today in the name of Jesus.

The Almighty God is fully aware of human helplessness in circumstances of life, therefore, out of love, He offered Jesus as a remedy to anyone that will accept Him as Lord and Saviour. This is the essence of the declaration of Jesus in Matthew 11:28 & 30 that says:

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest...For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

This passage is an open invitation to anyone that is labouring under the heavy yoke of the devil, anyone that is oppressed or in servitude, anyone experiencing stagnancy or fruitlessness, and anyone that needs physical, mental, or spiritual healing. Jesus says, “come unto me and I will give you rest from all your troubles.” Come to Jesus today for deliverance from the strong hold of sin, addition and all forms of immorality. Come to Jesus and He will put an end to your mysteries, disappointments and failures. Come to Jesus and He will turn your sorrows to joy.

Knowing the true God therefore translates to salvation from sin and deliverance from evil. It is not burdensome at all because the relationship is based on the love of God. Everything depends on a sincerity to accept the reality of your situation and ask God for help. First, you must accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour, after which you must vow to walk away from your sinful lifestyles and embrace a life of holiness. From this moment, the abundant blessings of the Lord will begin to pour into your life without measure in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please let me begin to enjoy the blessings of knowing You in Jesus’ name.
MARRIAGES & FAMILIES - Colossians 3:18-21.
1) Pray for divine love in our marriages.
- 1 Corinthians 7:2-3, Hosea 2:14-20.
2) Pray that our families would be worthy ambassadors of God’s kingdom.
3) Father, let every trial in our marriages become testimonies.
James 1:17, 2 Corinthians 5:20.
4) Father visit us with: uncommon favour, unexplainable miracles and unbelievable testimonies.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 8:01am On Feb 22, 2016

Monday 22nd February, 2016.

APOSTATE OR REFORMER?

Memorise
Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
-James 5:4.

Read: 1 Kings 18:41-46.
41 And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain.
42 So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees,
43 And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times.
44 And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down that the rain stop thee not.
45 And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel.
46 And the hand of the Lord was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.

Apostasy in Christendom refers to religious rebellion. It is the withdrawal of loyalty or a breaking away from the leadership or authority of God. An apostate is a practicing Christian that once pledge allegiance to God and the Bible doctrines, then afterwards turned back to live contrary to his avowed belief and declaration of faith. On the other hand, a reformer refers to a person that is making efforts to bring back those that strayed from godly commitments, to the proper form of Christian life. A reformer would do everything possible to instruct apostates, Christians and unbelievers, in the complete renewal of biblical instructions of Christianity.

Apostasy occurred in several places in the Bible, and each occurrence reveals God’s displeasure and terrible anger against apostates and anyone that incites the people to rebel against Him. I have frequently shared stories of several individuals who came to accept Jesus at the peak of their troubles when their situations were hopeless, and later decided to abandon God after they had received divine solutions to their problems through Jesus. Some years ago, when we tried to follow-up on one of such people, he said that a hospitalised fellow is usually allowed to go home after a successful medical treatment. He viewed the Church as a hospital and though he didn’t have any business with God whatsoever after being healed. The end of such ungrateful and rebellious people is always worse than their beginning. I pray that you will not be overcome by the spirit of apostasy in Jesus’ name. Hebrew 6:4-6 says:

“For it is possible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.”

It is important to note that apostasy is not a casual sin but a voluntary rejection of God’s will. It is a conscious departure from the Fatherhood of God, and a deliberate walk away from Jesus Christ and everything He stands for. This is the reason why the above Bible passage presents apostasy as a terrible error that is virtually impossible to remediate. May the Lord deliver anyone that is in any form of backsliding today in Jesus’ name.

On the other hand, the main assignment of a former is to call the Church of God and His people into genuine repentance and a careful reconciliation between contemporary Christian practice and Bible doctrines. The body of Christ must be delivered from end-time lukewarmness, modernism, and the doctrine of relativity that is presently holding it in captivity. May we yield ourselves to be used as the Lord raises reformers that will re-ignite the fire of revival in the body of Christ today in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please set me on fire and use me as an instrument of reformation in Your Church in Jesus’ Name.
»Declare that the Lord will single you out and cause you to rise up amongst your peers. 2 Kings 9:2.
»Father, let our leaders follow Your leading and anoint their eyes to see beyond the natural.
»Father, release Your power, might, strength and ability upon me.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:50am On Feb 23, 2016

Tuesday 23rd February, 2016.

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Memorise
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
-Psalms 90:12

Read: Psalms 90:1-12.

The theme of Psalm 90 focuses on making the most of the short lifespan that we have as mortal human beings. The passage speaks of death as ‘returning to dust’, and discusses the total lifespan of man as being transitory, like an ordinary grass of the field. It also describes what humans proudly refer to as ‘glorious years’ as ‘a short lifespan spent in serious labour and great sorrow’. Therefore, Psalm 90 discusses the concept of human life with such an unpleasant and derogatory language that it calls to mind the need to find a way of making the best out of life. The situation is made worse by the complimentary witness of other Bible passages such as Ecclesiastes 1:2:

“Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.”

Job 14:1-2 that says:
“Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.”

Furthermore, the experience of life tallies with the Word of God in the most perfect sense, as revealed in the biblical testimonies of people such as Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Esther, Ruth, David, Solomon, Elijah, John the Baptist, and the Apostles. The stories of the life of these people of God are full of hard labour, uncertainty, disappointment, betrayal, persecution, failure, and death. Though these people were mostly prophets and anointed kings, yet their stories show that they ended well only by divine intervention. Bible scholars generally identified Moses as the author of Psalm 90. The counsel of this great prophet who succeeded in life despite having his own fair share of troubles and tribulations should therefore be taken seriously. Psalm 90:12 says:

“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”

True wisdom comes from God alone and it is quite different from worldly wisdom that is based on human cleverness, insight, and intuition without God’s revelation which brings little profit. This passage speaks of the ability to make the most of our time in this world, despite the brevity of life. To do this requires a new understanding of the meaning of life. To number our days is to value the time we have by using it for eternal purposes. Focusing on eternity which then produces a heart of wisdom, enables a child of God to live in line with the Word of God.
Godly wisdom is made available by digging deep into the Word of God. It is received through total submission to the will of God, imparted to Christians by God’s Holy Spirit, and graciously given in responses to the fervent prayers of the saints of God. As you begin in response to the fervent prayers of the saints of God. As you begin to dig deeper into the Word of God in total submission to His will in prayers, He will pour down His heavenly wisdom upon your life in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please fill me with the wisdom to excel in life and ministry in Jesus’ name.
»Father, I declare that I enter and break forth into enlargement. Psalm 4:1.
»Father, I will not let You go until You bless me and I conquer this mountain.
Psalm 18:29, Genesis 32:26.
»Lord, activate every man You have ordained to connect me to my enlargement.
Daniel 5:9-12, Genesis 41:14, Exodus 17:12.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? / Masquerade Seen Quoting The Scriptures In Enugu State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 306
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.