Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. (20169 Views)

Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / Open Heavens Devotional 2017 / Open Heavens Devotional. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 5:08am On Nov 23, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 23rd November, 2016.
DEALING WITH ANCESTRAL CURSES (II).

Memorise
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
- Colossians 2:14.

Read: Colossians 2:14.
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Ancestral curses are said to be in operation when a terrible problem persistently runs through generations with a family. For example, an uncontrollable anger or promiscuity may be noticed in a teenager and on investigation; such is traced to the parents and grandparents. Many people today live under bondage as a result of their forefathers’ sins. Exodus 34:7 says:

“…visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.”

However, the moment God comes into such lives, things change dramatically. When God is in control of your life, it will be evident through the tremendous peace that will calm your storms, but when the devil rules the life of an individual, there will be total confusion. 1 Corinthians 14:33 says God has nothing to do with confusion. When the devil takes over the life of a man, everything will turn upside down. Instead of wearing clothes, he will walk about naked. Instead of wearing decent clothes, he will put on rags. The one who finds it uncomfortable to wear decent clothes capable of covering his or her unclothedness surely has gone nuts.

In Luke 8:26-33, after Satan took control of the Gadarene man’s life, he left his bed for the graveyard. He abandoned decent clothes for rags. If one wears clothes that expose what should be covered, it is evident that such a fellow is losing his or her mind to the devil. This Gadarene demoniac began to inflict wounds on himself. He was crying out of pain yet couldn’t stop himself. When people engage in things that can destroy them, it means their heads are besieged. The warning that smoking is injurious to a man’s health is not enough to stop a smoker from indulging in the act because his head has been taken over by demons. Anyone who uses mind-bending substances such as Indian hemp, cocaine, alcohol, cigarette or powerful capsules is living in a spiritual graveyard. Besides, this man was violent, he could not be controlled. He rebelled against reason, he was wild. If you find it difficult to submit to authority or comply with simple rules, examine yourself. The state of the head is revealed by the conduct of the body. No matter how refined an individual is, if something is wrong with the head, it will show. What is the state of your head? Is it well with your head?

Prayer Point
Father, please completely destroy the power of ancestral curses in my life in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:10am On Nov 24, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 24th November, 2016.
DELIVERANCE MADE SIMPLE.

Memorise
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- John 8:32.

Read: John 8:31-36.
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Deliverance constitutes a serious challenge in many Christian circles. In my personal experience, I have discovered that demons bow out easily wherever there is the manifest presence of the Lord. Wherever God is, there is an aura that is unmistakably evident; that aura is the Glory of His presence. For most people who have had a definite experience with God, it is only the glory of God that they could access. Only very few like Moses could go a little further.

The truth remains that the presence of God wields the same power as the Personality of God because where God’s presence is, God Himself is. Several things are possible in His presence, one of which is that idols and the powers behind them not only bow but also surrender. A classic example of this is demonstrated in 1 Samuel 5:1-5. In this account, the nation of Israel fought the Philistines and God gave them into the hands of their enemies because of their disobedience, the Ark of the Covenant was captured and taken into the house of Dagon – the national deity of the Philistines. This Dagon was a huge image, but it fell down before the Ark of the Covenant which represented the Presence of God. Initially, the priests of Dagon thought it was a mistake and put the image back up. But by the following morning, they were convinced beyond reasonable doubts that their idol was bowing to the God of gods.

Some Christians are afraid of entering into a shrine to declare the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It only shows that they do not know what they have inside of them. If you know who you are carrying, there will be no need to fear any idol. If you truly carry the Glory of God and you step into a shrine, they will immediately fish you out and would be uncomfortable until you leave. If you don’t leave, a lot of things will go wrong. In a local community where women were forbidden to go out during a particular idol festival and men were equally harassed, a brother went to the headquarters of the idol worshipers at the peak of their festival to preach Jesus to them. These idols worshippers knew that it could only mean the brother carried a dangerous power for him to have the boldness to walk into their midst. Are you being threatened with some idol and you are afraid? If you are truly a child of God, you should be feared and not the other way round. Are you confronted with a demon possessed person that needs deliverance? Ask God to increase His presence in your life today and you will become a threat to demons.

Prayer Point
Father, make me bold enough to preach the gospel even before demons in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 5:46am On Nov 25, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 25th November, 2016.
GOD’S KIND OF LOVE.

Memorise
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
- John 15:13.

Read: John 15:7-13.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

God is love; He dwell in love; He acts in love; He judges in love. Everything around God is love. In our text for the day, we are confronted with God’s kind of love demonstrated through His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ affirms the quality of God’s kind of love that He represents when he said:

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends”
John 15:13.

Now, as beneficiaries of this great love, we are obliged to show this kind of love to our Maker and more importantly to our neighbours.

It is wisdom for us to love the One who loves us at least for two reasons. One; when we love someone that loves us, he keeps on loving us the more. Secondly, the love that is not reciprocated will grow sour. Even God stops loving those who do not return His love. Proverbs 8:17 says:

“I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.”

How can we love a God that we do not see? We can, by loving our neighbours, Matthew 25:35, 37, 40 says:

“For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink. I was a stranger, and ye took me in… Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered and fed thee? Or thirsty, and gave thee drink? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”

John the beloved apostle went further to teach us how to love our God in practical terms.
1 John 4:19-21:
“If a man say, I love God and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen how can he love God whom he hath not seen?”

May the good Lord give us the grace to show our love to Him through our neighbours.

Prayer Point
Father, give me Your own kind of love. I want to live for You and Your Church.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:01am On Nov 26, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 26th November, 2016.
HEARING FROM GOD.

Memorise
Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness.
- Hebrews 3:8.

Read: Hebrews 1:1-3.
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

One of the illustrations of the Trinity says; God is the Father in Majesty, Jesus is the son in suffering while the Holy Spirit is the Spirit in Striving. Jesus is the Word of God that became flesh among men. He is the one that the Father appointed over all the things He created. In time past, there were different ways that God used to reveal Himself to humanity. He spoke through dreams, or through supernatural happenings. In the present age, the Father communicates to us through His son Jesus Christ. Everyone that seeks for the Father will find Him only through the Son.

Hearing from God.  Jesus is the only way through which men can be saved. Everything that God has can be inherited only through the Son. There is no way we can deeply understand the character and nature of God if not revealed through the Son. Through the son, we know how powerful the Father is. Through the son, we know how more than enough the Father is. Through the son we understand how loving and faithful the Father is. The Glory of the Father is radiated to the world through the Son. It is through the omnipotent Word that the universe is being held together. It is through the atoning work of Jesus on the Cross that our sins are purged away.

We have stories of people in the Bible who refused to acknowledge the supremacy of God in their lives. They refused to retain God in their hearts even though they daily enjoyed His works. Because they refused to put God in their hearts, they suffered a lot in the hands of their enemies. They were warned from time to time by prophets of God until they were condemned to captivity. This will never be your portion in Jesus’ name. This is why you must make up your mind for Jesus.

There are people who do not want to hear anything about Jesus. Such people in the times of trouble will have nowhere to hide. If you don’t honour His Word in your life, He will never bring you to the place of honour. The moment someone refuses to open up his or her heart to Jesus, the devil will take over such a life. The children of Israel refused to hearken to the will of God and the Lord chastised them by allowing their enemies to take them to captivity. When you allow the Word of God in your life, it will transform you into the image of God.

2 Timothy 3:16 says:
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”

One of the ways to harden ones heart is to refuse to accept and obey the will of God, when one’s emotions and intellect isn’t under the control of the Almighty God. Those who do not accept the Word of God in their lives will always provoke God to rise in judgment against them.
If the judgment of God comes upon an individual, he may be left to wander in the wilderness of life. Accepting Jesus is accepting the Word of God into your life. It is finding rest for your soul.

Prayer Point
Father, help me not to harden my heart to Your Word.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 12:03am On Nov 27, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 27th November, 2016.
A LIBERAL HEART?

Memorise
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bossom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
- Luke 6:38.

Read: Proverbs 11:25 (KJV).
25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

When it comes to giving, the truth of the matter is that what you give may leave your hand but it never leaves your life. It is to our own advantage to meet the needs of others around us. When you meet the needs of the Almighty God, He will in turn meet your needs. The truth is that God is the only one who doesn’t have a need. Whenever He tells you He has a need, it is only a strategy by Him to set you up for a miracle. Every child of God should have a liberal heart. You must be very generous in giving as you have been blessed by the Almighty God. When you sow into the lives of others, your soul shall be made fat with pleasure from God and will also be enriched with more grace. It is those who give more that receive more from God. In 1 Kings 17:8-16, God asked the widow to feed the prophet before taking care of herself.
At the end of the day, what was not enough became more than enough. To what extent do you practice giving as an individual, family, church or nation?
Those who never give will continue to beg. If you desire to relocate from the side of begging to the side of giving, you have to become liberal. Everyone who would be a partner of Jesus Christ must learn to be a giver. There is nothing you give to God that the Almighty God will not reward you with much more. One thing the Lord makes very clear is that the harvest will always exceed the seed that was harvested. Harvests do not just come, they are planned for. You have to load the sky before it brings forth rain. There are people who are always waiting for the blessing of God when they have not done anything for God. You sow nothing, you reap nothing. Hence, famine is guaranteed for those who fail to sow.

You must never be tired of giving because the reward for your giving will never miss you. Solomon was a typical example of someone who was an ardent giver. No wonder God prospered him. God gave him more than he ever demanded. Some people believe that since they don’t earn much, it is not appropriate to sow; unfortunately, this is why such people remain low income earners. The widow of Zarephath had only one seed, yet she was wise enough to know the appropriate soil to sow the seed. Whenever you have the opportunity to sow, don’t just sow, you have to combine knowledge with the sensitivity of the Holy Spirit so that your seed will not be sown where it cannot be harvested.

There are rewards for the art of giving. The one who gives freely will be taken care of by God. The one who finds it difficult to give will also find it difficult to receive.

Key Point
Your life isn’t meaningful until you answer to the needs of others.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:18am On Nov 28, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 28th November, 2016.
A FAITHFUL STEWARD?

Memorise
Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
- 1 Corinthians 4:2.

Read: Luke 16:1-8.
1 And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
2 And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
3 Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.
4 I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
5 So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
6 And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
7 Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.
8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

Faithfulness is another obligation that God requires of us as human beings and particularly as His children. God is faithful and He wants us to resemble Him with this attribute of faithfulness. In our text today, we read about a steward who was found unfaithful and the master was about to sack him, this unfaithful servant then went about from one debtor to another to falsify records in order to please his master. The efforts this steward put up to regain his master’s approval did nothing for the expansion of his master’s business, but the master still commended him. If the unfaithful servant could go to the extent he went in order to remain in service, why can’t the children of light go a greater extent to please our Father in heaven? The conclusion of our Bible reading says:

“And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely; for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.”

Another lesson we can learn from this story is that your upward movement to the next level is predicated upon how well you perform in your present level of operation. Luke 16:11-12 says:

“If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteousness mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man’s who shall give you that which is your own?”

Beloved, the Lord is interested in promoting you. As a matter of fact, your promotion is long overdue. I am happy to announce to you that this is your time, however, what are you doing with your present level of position? Are you productive or you are hoarding your ideas so that you can have something to use when you come to a leadership position? You are just destroying and delaying your progress if this is your attitude. To be faithful simply means to be full of faith. Do you have faith in the organisation you are working with? You will not be at your best if you don’t have faith in that organisation you work with. Proverbs 22:29 says:

“Seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings he shall not stand before mean men.”

Daniel was a typical faithful steward. This is how he survived four generations of rulers – Nebuchadnezzar, Darius, Cyrus and Belshazzar. The faithfulness of Mordecai saved the entire Jewish race during the reign of Ahasuerus. My prayer is that you will be highly favoured by the virtue of your faithfulness in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, I want to be faithful, please take away from me the spirit of unfaithfulness in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:47am On Nov 29, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 29th November, 2016.
FEARLESS MESSENGER?

Memorise
Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee saith the lord.
- Jeremiah 1:8.

Read: Jeremiah 1:4-10.
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.
9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

There are different ways by which God can send His word to His people. The Word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah telling him to fear not the faces of the people He was sending him to because the message He had given him would not be a pleasant message for them. Same was the account of Jonah when he was given a message to the people of Nineveh. The message of God to His children is always in various forms. It contains doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16). It is always difficult for man to be confronted with his errors and wicked ways, and this was the assignment that God gave Prophet Jeremiah. How I wish there are many prophet Jeremiahs in our land, there would be more revival in our land. Prophets like Jeremiah who will call a spade a spade and not water down the Word of God because of the faces of the people. You cannot entangle yourself with the affairs of this world and still deliver the message of God without bias. There are many men of God who are afraid of the people God is sending them to. The God we serve has not given us the spirit of fear but of boldness and soundness of mind.
You have to be fearless in preaching the Word of God. You must be instant in season and out of season. We live in a time when people do not want to listen to the absolute truth of God’s Word. People are very selective about the kind of messages they listen to. Do you receive the Word with gladness each time the Word points you to the cross? 2 Timothy 4:3 says:

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;”

God wanted Jeremiah to warn the people about the punishment to come if they would not repent from their ways of wickedness. God told Jeremiah to inform those who were proud and wicked, that the rod of affliction was coming on them.

The essence of this message to the people was for them to purge themselves from unrighteousness. Each time the Word of God comes to you, it is an opportunity to amend your ways before it is too late. God wants you to be a vessel unto honour, sanctified and meet for His use so that you can be prepared for every good work.

Whatever assignment God has given to you, do not be afraid. You will meet with many oppositions and enemies but you can be sure God is by your side. They may look big, but they are not bigger than the One who has sent you. God will always deliver you out of the hand of persecutors. He will not only stand by you as you deliver the Word, He will deliver you from every trouble in the course of the assignment. When God sends you a message, He also backs you with His power. They may not like your face, but you can be sure that once you have declared the counsel of God to them, at the point of judgment; you will not be responsible for their blood.

Key Point
If God be for you who can be against you?
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 4:38am On Nov 30, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 30th November, 2016.
MERCY OR JUDGMENT?

Memorise
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
- Psalms 32:1.

Read: John 8:10-11.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

The story of the woman caught in the act of adultery is typical of the mercy of God and it was in direct contradiction with the judgement of the old era which did not give remedy to the spiritual problem of the people. Psalms 130:3-4 says:
“If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.”

This passage is a pointer to the fact that mercy is the preferred alternative to judgment. No matter how perfect you may think you are, you do not need to be asked whether you want to give consideration to judgment when there is room for mercy. However, mercy does not come on a platter of gold. The number one thing you must do to obtain mercy is to repent. Proverbs 28:13 says:

“He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”

Another factor that can earn you mercy in the place of judgment is your love for God. This love you have for God will prevent you from continuing in sin against Him. Exodus 20:5-6 says:

“….for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”

Our Lord Jesus Christ corroborates what His Father says in the scripture above when He demands love and practical demonstration of it from his followers. He said in John 14:21:
“He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.”

Beloved, if indeed, you prefer mercy to judgment, you will choose to love God. To love God requires keeping His commandments. Finally, if you want mercy in the place of judgment, you need to humble yourself before God, acknowledging the fact that you are nothing without Him.

Prayer Point
Father, please show me mercy in the place of judgment. Help me to love You with all my heart.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 12:21am On Dec 01, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 1st December, 2016.
HIS EARS ARE NOT DULL.

Memorise
Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: Thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.
- Job 14:15.

Read: Isaiah 59:1-3.
1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
3 For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.

Alienation or banishment is a form of punishment in which a guilty person is expelled from a region and forbidden to return. Alienation is commonly used by God in the Bible to cut off sinners from His presence. A good example is the banishment of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden as a result of their disobedience to God. I pray that you will never do anything that will cause God to cut you off from His Presence in Jesus’ name. Isaiah 59:1-2 says:

“Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; Neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, And your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.”

Christians today are daily challenging God by constantly indulging in acts that are clearly recorded as reasons for alienation in the Bible. For example, some people intentionally dress scantily on the street. Can you imagine somebody purchasing a nice pair of trousers, and deliberately using a blade to rip it to shred before certifying it ‘fit’ to wear? If you cannot clearly spell out what passes as decent Christian dressing for yourself and your household, then you are the one to be held responsible for the loose behaviour and excesses of your family members. This is tantamount to an open invitation to alienation or banishment from the Presence of God, which explains why some Christians suffer unexplained attacks from the devil. The Presence of God departs from such Christians, making them an easy target in the hands of the devil and his agents. May the Lord deliver every child of God in this category today in the Name of Jesus.

Indeed, the Lord’s Hands are not shortened, neither are His ears heavy that He cannot hear our cry for help. Sin is always responsible for alienation from God. In what ways has your weakness, carelessness, and nonchalant attitude contributed to sin and immorality in your family or the Church of God? Repent and make amends today before it is too late.

Prayer Point
Father, please help me to commit myself to a life of holiness and righteousness in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 12:11am On Dec 02, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 2nd December, 2016.
FOR HIS OWN PLEASURE.

Memorise
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
- Revelation 4:11.

Read: 1 Peter 2:9-11.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light;
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul.

Bible records shows that God is not passive about His creation; He is dynamically involved in everything that happens in the universe. His interest and involvement can be seen in the history of Israel and in the ministry of Jesus Christ. In the present age, God’s activities and operations can be seen in the lives of believers and the Church.

The Bible projected this in Colossians 1:16.
“For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:”

Revelation 4:11 further states that all things were created for God’s pleasure. In Moses’ story, God divinely chose the burning bush, after looking through all the available bushes around, He found pleasure in that particular one and decided to use it, just as He decided to locate the Redemption Camp on its present site. If I had been given the privilege to determine the location of our camp ground, it would never have been in its present location. I would have preferred a location much closer to Lagos. For those believers who obtained their spouses from God, if asked to make that choice personally, they most likely would have chosen someone else and would have missed God’s divine direction. Has the Lord chosen for you on any matter? Appreciate Him for His choice and go with that choice.

God is very much in the business of directing human affairs, and your choice in any matter can never produce a better result than His. God’s choice may not look like the best when human reasoning is applied. Whenever God chooses somebody for an assignment, it does not necessarily mean the fellow is the most qualified. In fact, usually, God chooses the least qualified so that flesh will not rob Him of His glory. However, when it pleases God to choose someone for a purpose, several activities begin to follow in quick succession, just as the choice of the burning bush culminated in the death of many Egyptians and the release of the children of Israel from slavery. Because the Lord has chosen you to be an heir to His heritage, He will cause all things to work in your favour to the fulfilment of your destiny in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please let Your mercy and favour locate me today in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 9:33am On Dec 03, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 3rd December, 2016.
DEALING WITH UNCLEAN SPIRITS.

Memorise
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
- Mark 16:16.

Read: Matthew 10:1.
1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

Demons are fallen angels that were driven out of heaven because of their rebellious acts. The Bible presents demons as the authentic source of every manner of immorality in this world. Also, demons are the foot soldiers that the devil uses to steal, kill, devour and wreck all manner of evil against humanity. I pray that you will not become an easy prey to the devil and his demons in the Name of Jesus.

However, demons were subject to the authority of Jesus Christ during His earthly ministry and subsequently in the ministry of the Church. Demons and idols bow in the presence of our God. If you study how demons related with Jesus Christ and His disciples in the Bible, you will observe that they recognized God’s Presence in Jesus Christ and his disciples, and they surrendered without argument. I have always told my spiritual children that if we have enough of His Presence in us, demons will flee when they sight us, how much more when we command them to go out. In Mark 5:1-6, when Jesus stepped on the shores of the Gadarenes, a very notorious, heavily demon-possessed mad man immediately reported to Him even before He said a word. It is very easy to cast out demons when your life is full of God’s glory. When Jesus came to earth, He brought with Him the glory and dominion of Heaven. Consequently, if demons see that same glory of God in you, they will have no choice but to submit to the King of Glory whose Presence you carry.

Until you carry a higher level of His Presence in your life, you may not realize the activities of demons in your environment. Believe it or not, they are everywhere, performing their negative assignments. But as God increases His Presence in your life, there will be commotions, because demons recognize the Presence of God and they won’t be at rest. Even in the church, while God’s anointed Word is being taught in power, demons will not be able to withstand the power. One day, Paul and his co-labourers in God’s vineyard were on their way to a prayer meeting when the spirit of divination in a young lady became restless because of God’s Presence. If only you carry a higher level of His Presence, the demons around you will manifest from wherever they are hiding. Ask God for more of His Presence upon you.

Prayer Point
Father, please baptize me with Your power today in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:18am On Dec 04, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 4th December, 2016.
SATAN’S DELICACY?

Memorise
Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
- Hebrews 12:16.

Read: Daniel 1:6-8.
6 Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:
7 Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abednego.
8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

The word ‘delicacy’ is commonly used to describe a food item that is considered highly desirable and usually scarce and expensive. Delicacies often have unusual characteristics, flavours and tastes, thereby attracting the interest of the high and mighty in the society. Meanwhile, the devil uses a delicacy as a potent weapon to bring down his human targets, and it was proven an effective weapon over the years. He successfully used it against Adam and Eve, Esau, etc. However, Godly people like Daniel know that delicacies have the potential to defile a child of God, especially when offered as bait from the devil. I pray that you will never fall for any attractive proposition of the devil in Jesus’ name.

“The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.”
Psalms 19:8.

When oil is pure, it makes the lamp burn brightly. When a candle light burns, and it comes across something impure, it suddenly goes dim, or off. If you do not want to dim or quench the Spirit of God in you, keep off every form of defilement. Evil thoughts will hinder the free move of God in your life. Acts of disobedience, self-will and insubordination to authority are capable of putting out the fire of the Spirit in you.

Christians are the brides of Christ, therefore, God expects us to maintain our purity.
Psalms 119:1 says:
“Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.”

The undefiled resists temptation and is without sin like Jesus was (Hebrews 4:15). If you want to remain undefiled, you must watch against the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life (1 John 2:15-17). To be undefiled, you must remain in God’s way, keeping His commandments. God’s Word and instructions must be the laws governing your life. Are you undefiled? How pure are you? No matter how pure or undefiled you may be; there is room to press forward for a greater, higher and closer walk with God. Are you ready to pant after more of God in your life?

Prayer Point
Lord Jesus, I refuse to fall for the devil’s trick, please help me to maintain my purity.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 8:34am On Dec 05, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 5th December, 2016.
DON’T BURY YOUR TALENT.

Memorise
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
- 2 Corinthians 9:6.

Read: Matthew 25:24-29.
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

God ordained seedtime and harvest not just to mark time, but as a life principle. He also gave varying degrees of talents to every human being as a form of heavenly investment. Consequently, every legitimate human task, however menial it may seem, is of intrinsic worth and a potential means of glorifying God.

God expects us to use our God given talents and abilities profitably. I once told my children that if they understand the natural farming process with the scriptural principles on sowing and reaping, entering into their harvest will be a work-over, because they will know what to sow, how to sow it and how to water the seed sown in order to have their desired harvest. In essence, they will know how to profitably use their talents for the progress of God’s kingdom. When the Holy Ghost Service congregation grew beyond what I could handle all by myself, I chose seven elders to assist me. I gave each of them a neck tie I had used during previous ministrations, and asked them to wear them as mantle from me. Each time they wore them while ministering, there were records of miracles, signs and wonders. But then, I also observed that I began to harvest neckties from close associates and friends who travelled to South Africa, London or America. I became curious about the fact that whenever anyone brought me a gift, it was a neck tie. So I asked God why. The Lord said; “Son, if you sow ties, you will reap ties.” Then I realised that I was receiving the harvest of the ties I gave out. So I began to sow shoes to pastors who shared the same shoe size with me. After giving out several of them, some of which were my best, I waited the first and second months but no shoe gift came from anywhere. Worried over the delay, I asked God why the harvest was yet to come and He taught me another lesson. He said; “Son, if you plant maize, you can harvest it within three months, but if you plant yam, you will have to wait a little longer. Shoe are more valuable than ties; the greater the quality of the seed you have sown, the longer you will have to wait for its harvest. Since you have planted shoes, you will have to wait a little longer, but the moment the harvest begins, it will not stop.”

When the harvest came, I got shoes of different sizes, colours and levels of sophistication. Have you sown a seed? Your harvest will come. If you have sown quality seeds, give it time to mature, if you are impatient with your seed, you cannot obtain its full potentials. On the other hand, sow quality seeds; sow only what you want to reap. It is wrong to expect a harvest from where you have not sown. Have you sown towards your desired harvest?

Prayer Point:
Father, please help me sow towards my desired harvest.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:22am On Dec 06, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 6th December, 2016.
LOVE: AN ANTIDOTE FOR DEATH.

Memorise
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
- 1 John 3:14.

Read: 1 John 3:9-11.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

The first attribute that becomes noticeable in a genuinely born-again child of God is the love for God and humanity. Every converted and renewed child of God operates under the control of the Holy Spirit, he is fully aware of new spiritual experiences and desires, as the Holy Spirit kick-starts the work of character restoration in him. A loving relationship between a Christian and Jesus therefore provides the most credible evidence of the grace of God at work in the life of a believer.

We all know that true lovers always enjoy each other’s company and fellowship. When one lover has an opportunity to spend time with the other, and for any reason misses that opportunity, he becomes sad. God loves to fellowship with man and this has been so from the very beginning. God created man to fellowship with Him; this is the major reason why He created us in His image. He enjoyed coming to meet and fellowship with Adam in the cool of the day. How He cherished it! It became a daily appointment which He never missed. Then imagine His disappointment when He came one day and Adam was nowhere to be found. After that, God needed another person continue from where Adam had stopped. He kept searching until He found Enoch. Genesis 5:24 says:
“And Enoch walked with God; and he was not; for God took him.”

Enoch walked with God for at least 300 years! The fellowship was so intense that death could not touch him. God had to call him to glory to continue the fellowship there. The reverse is the case for anyone that hates God. Proverbs 8:36 says:

“But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: All they that hate me love death.”

Indeed, love is an antidote for death, if you truly love God and obey His commandments, death will be far away from you. Do you love God? Do you have a regular time to fellowship with God? Some believers do not have a standing altar of fellowship with God as a family. This is wrong; God wants to be intimate with you. Open yourself and your whole household to God, and create time for regular fellowship with Him today.

Prayer Point
Father, please help me to love You with all my heart, soul and spirit in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:23am On Dec 07, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 7th December, 2016.
PARENTS! LEAD THE WAY.

Memorise
Train up a child in the way he should go: And when he is old, he will not depart from it.
- Proverbs 22:6.

Read: Psalms 127:3-5.
3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Discipline in the family happens when parents lovingly correct and train their children in accordance with the Word of God, so that they may grow up in the way of the Lord. The type of relationship that exists between parents and their children determines whether the children will be disciplined or not. When a servant misbehaves, you may ignore his offence but when a son or daughter commits the same offence, they should not get away with it. It is the goal of every reasonable parent to ensure that their children are better versions of themselves. On the other hand, some parents are extreme; they don’t discipline, but crush their children. Being high-handed is applying discipline the other way round. Matthew 5:48 says, we should be as perfect as our Heavenly Father; God wants us to be as good as Himself. Jesus, the Prince of Peace wants us to be even better; hence, He says we will do greater works than He did. My joy as the General Overseer of the RCCG is in seeing my spiritual children excel and achieve greater heights than myself. I decree into the lives of everyone using this devotional right now, you will excel in all that you lay your hands on and you will achieve greater heights than myself in Jesus’ name.

Meanwhile, children are naturally naughty, that is why Proverbs 22:15 says:
“Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; But the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.”

Since Adam’s fall, this has been the trend. You do not need to teach a child to be angry before he or she manifests it, even at infancy. It is innate. So when a father wants his child to become like him, he would have to employ his rod of correction. How often do you correct your children? Proverbs 29:15 says any child left to himself will bring shame to the parents and Proverbs 29:17 says the child that is disciplined will give joy and peace to the parents.

Don’t over pamper your children. Don’t spoil them by using love as an excuse. Many ladies do not know how to cook or handle domestic chores because their parents left everything to the house-help. You are undoing your children if you deny them good home training and discipline. You owe it to your children to discipline them. If you fail to give it to them, the result of their indiscipline will haunt you here on earth and you will have a case to answer in heaven.

Prayer Point
Father, please don’t let me disappoint You over my children in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 1:20am On Dec 08, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 8th December, 2016.
IT IS TIME TO OVERFLOW (I).

Memorise
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
- 3 John 1:2.

Read: 2 Samuel 6:10-12.
10 He was not willing to take the ark of the Lord to be with him in the City of David. Instead, he took it to the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite.
11 The ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite for three months, and the Lord blessed him and his entire household.
12 Now King David was told, “The Lord has blessed the household of Obed-Edom and everything he has, because of the ark of God.” So David went to bring up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David with rejoicing.

God is not a poor God, He is wealthier than we can ever imagine. He owns all the natural resources on earth, all the gases in the air and all the elements in the universe, just to mention a few. Can you imagine if scientists are able to get a tiny piece of the sun. Imagine how much they will sell it at an auction. The Almighty God owns the entire sun and all elements in the universe. A God as rich as this will definitely give His children more than enough resources to take care of their needs. He lacks nothing, so His children should lack nothing too. However, this is not the case in reality. We see many Christians these days wallowing in poverty for years, in fact, many unbelievers don’t want to become born again because they are afraid of poverty. God is not happy with this. More often than not, these Christians are the cause of their own predicament.

God in His Word has given us several instructions and principles that will guarantee our wealth, but He will not force us to practice them, we have to do them ourselves to see them manifest. For example, in Luke 6:38, Jesus Christ Himself said:

“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measure to you again.”

Whenever I see Pastors trying hard to convince people to give, it hurts me, because if every Christian has the understanding of this passage, they will constantly compete to give the biggest offering. The Bible says also in Proverbs 11:24:

“There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.”

This implies that if you want to increase, sow seeds. Also, the second part of this verse tells us that there is a certain amount that is necessary to be withheld. Many Christians don’t save. They eat like every day is their last day on earth. This is wrong; if we want to lend to nations like the Bible promises, then we must learn from Joseph’s strategy, he saved 20% of everything they got in Egypt, after a few years, nations from all over the world were coming to Egypt for food.

Key Point
God’s plan for us is that we overflow in wealth, we are to control the world economy, but if we don’t read and follow His instructions, that may be impossible.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:08am On Dec 09, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 9th December, 2016.
IT IS TIME TO OVERFLOW (II).

Memorise
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
- 3 John 1:12.

Read: Exodus 23:25.
25 And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and He shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

From our Bible reading for today, we see a positive relationship between our service to God, what we eat and our health. Christians are supposed to overflow in health, so much that when we touch sick people, they become healed.

Many Christians joke with their service to God, no wonder they fall sick. I thank God and give Him all glory for my life; ever since I sold myself out to the service of God, He has been my only Doctor. I remember vividly well how I used to battle with malaria helplessly, until one day when I decided to enter into an agreement with God, I told Him to heal me of malaria permanently and I will serve Him, and malaria has been a stranger to me since then. When you serve God wholeheartedly, He will ensure that no sickness stays in your body.

Another reason why some Christians are sick is because of what they eat. Our Bible reading for today says that God will bless your food and water and you will not fall sick, but many don’t ask God to bless their food before eating it. Also, God cannot bless what He has not approved of. Our Body is His temple, and anything that can destroy His temple is not approved by Him. We must keep away from junk food, over eating, unhealthy eating habits and the likes. God does not approve of food or drinks that are injurious to our health. Eat more of fresh vegetables and fruits. Eat the right quantity at the right time of the day. Stop overeating. Stay fit, exercise regularly. Some Christians quote Apostle Paul in 1 Timothy 4:8.

“For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.”

Yes it is true that bodily exercise profits a little, however, that little must not be done away with. We must take care of God’s temple so that it can be available for Him to use when He needs it.

Key Point
Pay attention to your health, God prefers you healthy than sick.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 11:34am On Dec 10, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 10th December, 2016.
BETHEL: HEAVEN’S GATE.

Memorise
And Jacob called the name of the place where God spake with him, Beth-el.
- Genesis 35:15.

Read: Genesis 35:1-7.
1 And God said unto Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel, and dwell there: and make there an altar unto God, that appeared unto thee when thou fleddest from the face of Esau thy brother.
2 Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:
3 And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went.
4 And they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem.
5 And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.
6 So Jacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan, that is, Bethel, he and all the people that were with him.
7 And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother.

Bethel is the house of God, a place where God dwelled with His people. Over time, the Bible redefined the true place of worship to be the heart of man. Today therefore, Bethel could be said to represent the house of God, the true place of worship, or the dwelling place of God. The Samaritan woman by the well asked a million-dollar question from Jesus about the location of the heavenly approved place of worship. Jesus answered by saying that the time has come when the location is not of utmost importance to God anymore.

John 4:23 says:
“But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.”

The realization that man is the dwelling place of God should be taken seriously by every Christian. Several passages in the Bible confirm this truth.

1 Corinthians 6:19 says:
“What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?”

The freedom and liberty granted to Christians at conversion does not translate to ownership and absolute authority over ourselves as some erroneously think. Brethren, you are not your own, you belong to God your creator, you owe your allegiance to Him and you will do well to live your life with that consciousness. This will help you to be conscious of what you do with your body. It will help you to avoid anything that could abuse the body such as sexual immorality, indecent exposure, drug abuse, alcoholism, etc. it will also help you to watch what you consume or take into your body such as literature, audio and video contents. Realizing that your body is the temple of God will also affect the type of company that you keep and where you go.

More importantly, 1 Corinthians 3:17 says:
“If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.”

Children of God should avoid doing anything that can defile them. In addition to the things mentioned above, engaging in any form of cosmetic reconstruction of the body in order to change or improve one’s complexion, sexual orientation, or appearance, is a defilement of God’s temple.

Prayer Point
Father, please let Your fire wake me up to my responsibility in Christ.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 11th December, 2016.
REJECTED OF THE LORD?

Memorise
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit from me.
- Psalms 51:11.

Read: Proverbs 1:24-29.
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:

Rejection is a terrible form of punishment that God sometimes uses to call the attention of His backslidden children to quit their sins and immoralities. Therefore, experiences and feelings of rejection are to be dealt with through the prayer of forgiveness and perseverance. In many cases in the Bible, God’s rejection came as a shock because everything seemed normal until a sudden calamity stuck as a result of the departure of God’s presence. Such was the case with Samson and the nation of Israel. The reality of God’s rejection dawned on them by the terrible defeats that they suffered in the hands of their enemy. Judges 16:20 says:

“And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the Lord was departed from him.”

All houses appear to have strong foundations until they go through the test of storms. In Matthew 7:24-27, the Lord talked of two houses; one built on the rock and the other on sand. Both appeared quite strong and promising until the floods came, one collapsed while the other stood firm. Do not wait till the day of the storm to discover your status with God, check yourself today and do everything possible to reconcile with God if need be.

In the same vein, all children are the same until they commit an offence. While the bonafide ones are immediately corrected and disciplined, the bastards are left on their own. A child left to himself is doomed. If God does not correct you for wrong speech, reaction and conduct, it simply means He is not your Father! When last did God cane you for wrong doing? May you never be above correction!

That God calls you does not mean He cannot call you something else. As our Creator, He has that right. Matthew 15:21-28 says, “the children’s bread shall not be given to dogs” and Revelation 22:15 says “dogs have a place outside”. This means that no matter how much a dog is loved, sooner or later, it will end up outside and the gate of Heaven will be shut against it. Do you feel as if the gates of Heavens are shut against you? Do you feel as if you are shut out of God’s blessings? It could mean that you are a ‘dog’. Why not accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour today? Why not reconcile with your Maker?

Prayer Point
Father, please, cast me not away from Your Presence in the Name of Jesus.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:03am On Dec 13, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 13th December, 2016.
SIGNS OF THE LAST DAYS.

Memorise
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
- Matthew 24:11.

Read: 1 Timothy 4:1-2.
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

The Bible tells us about the things that will happen to mark the end of this world and the beginning of eternal life. Beginning with the rapture, there will be extreme joy for those that will be found on the Lord’s side, while there will be extreme pain and sorrow for those that will be found on the devil’s side. As the curtain begins to be drawn over the activities of this world, the trumpet will sound. Then, Jesus Christ will appear physically in the sky with overwhelming glory, to raise the dead, judge the world, destroy every opposition to God, and consummate His everlasting Kingdom.

Believers from the Bible days prepared for His return, waiting the eagerness and joy, but rapture didn’t happen. It was with this in mind that the disciples asked Jesus questions about what would be the signs of the last days in Matthew 24:3

“…the disciples came unto him privately, saying, tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?”

The same two important questions that the whole world still asks till date are: when shall these things be? What shall be the signs? Fortunately, the Bible does not beat around the bush about the first question (when), Jesus clearly states that nobody knows the exact time except the father. Note that Jesus preceded the answer with a warning, “Take heed that no man deceive you”.

Never believe anyone that gives you a date or timetable for the Second Coming of Jesus, no matter how advanced the mathematical theory may seem. Jesus however spoke extensively on the signs of the last days; the Bible has enough information to help Christians make adequate preparations for the Second Coming of Christ. Matthew 24:1-15 speaks volumes and 1 Timothy 4:1 says:

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devil”

The key things to look out for are these; false prophets, lovers of self, wars and rumours of war, famines, pestilences, earthquakes, persecution, betrayal, iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold, some shall depart from the faith, seducing spirits, doctrines of devils, hypocrisy. All these are presently happening at an alarming rate all over the world. Children of God should pay special attention to false prophets with teachings that are contrary to the Word of God. Any teaching that cannot be substantiated with the Bible belongs to the devil; avoid them and their messages like a plague. Be warned.

Prayer Point
Lord Jesus, please send the fire of revival to keep me burning for You till Your Second Coming.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 1:48am On Dec 14, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 14th December, 2016.
PROOF OF LOVE.

Memorise
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
- John 15:13.

Read: John 21:15-19.
15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.
19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

The Bible teaches Christians to love God. The Bible also teaches that such love should be expressed in worship and practical service. One of the most important lessons that the Bible teaches on love is that love is unconditional, and that the ultimate test of love is sacrifice. Therefore, any declaration of love that is devoid of sacrifice is questionable. The Bible is strongly in agreement with the fact that love is sacrificial.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
John 3:16.

When you are genuinely in love, making sacrifices for the one you love will be a thing of pleasure and not a burden. Jacob was in love with Rachel and asked her father what he must do to marry her. Rachel’s father told him to serve for seven years and he willingly did so. Because of his love, seven years were like seven days to him. When he was deceived, he yet agreed to serve another seven years for his heartthrob (Genesis 29:18-28). No price is too much to pay for the one you love. If you truly love your wife, you will pay the price of faithfulness in the midst of pressure to be unfaithful to her in your workplace, or even in the ministry. Some husbands are yet to demonstrate their love for their wives by sacrificially giving to her. If your relationship with your wife is all about convenience – you do things for her only when it is convenient, then you owe your wife big time. Wives of such husbands should demand of their husbands the debt of sacrifice.

Sacrifice help to gauge your love for God. We can say God loves us exceedingly because He was prepared to part with His only begotten Son. If you say you love God, you will be ready, like Paul was, to spend and be spent for Him. Some questions I often ask people are; can you serve the Lord for 14 years without pay? Can you serve the Lord in the rural areas with no social amenities? Can you serve under an uneducated man of God when you are well educated? Can you leave certainty for uncertainty in the name of vision and revelation? What do you have to show for your love for God? Where is the sacrifice in your relationship with the Lord?

Prayer Point
Father, please help me to fully appreciate Your sacrificial love for me.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:00am On Dec 15, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 15th December, 2016.
ARE PERILOUS TIMES HERE?

Memorise
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 Timothy 3:1.

Read: 2 Timothy 3:1-5.
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Several passages of the Bible describe the prevailing atmosphere of the period now known as “perilous times”. The Bible reading for today gives some important details about the events that will surround the arrival of this period. This period is going to be the final epoch of history, marked by the coming of the Messiah and the establishment of God’s kingdom.

The Bible tends to tie the terms “last days” and “perilous times” together, pointing to the period between Jesus Christ’s first coming and the consummation of all things at His return. This period will also be marked by increased godlessness, false prophets, and doctrines of devils, persecution, wickedness, war, and apostasy.

The Bible says truth will be watered down and sound doctrine will be replaced with fables. In the church at Ephesus as recorded in Revelation 2:1-7, the Lord singled out a sect within its walls which believed and preached that holiness was no more truly possible. These were the Nicolaitans and the Lord said He hated them. Can the Lord hate those who claim to be His followers? This may be surprising, but the Lord hates every preacher and teacher of false doctrines. This is a warning for those in the teaching ministry systematically veering off the path of sound doctrine, teaching cunningly devised fables and philosophies of men. Be very conscious of what comes out of your mouth. Cross check facts and perceived revelations with the Holy Spirit so that you may not lead any astray. The Lord hates false preachers. Anyone who teaches you that you can continue to sin, since after all we are human beings and will still make it to Heaven, is heading for hell and wants to take you along. Watch out brethren, perilous times are here!

People will deny the power of God, meaning that there will be widespread practical atheists. You will hear some say things like; “God is not as wicked as to fry His children in fire for minor sins and so there is no hell fire”, some also say that salvation is by what you are able to do; by works. Idolatry is being openly practiced in some churches today because somebody spoke against Exodus 20:1-5, proposing that there is nothing wrong in making images of God, Jesus, Mary and the apostles and using them to connect to God. Backslidden pastors, ministers or workers are teaching false doctrines of mercy that is contrary to Romans 6:1-2. All these are taking people to hell in their millions. In what ways are your actions contradicting your teachings and messages? Such contradictions turn you into a false preacher!

Prayer Point
Father, please don’t let the dangers of this perilous times sweep my feet away in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:28am On Dec 16, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 16th December, 2016.
DIVINE PURPOSE.

Memorise
And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause?
-1 Samuel 17:29.

Read: 1 Samuel 17:26-29.
26 And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?
27 And the people answered him after this manner, saying, So shall it be done to the man that killeth him.
28 And Eliab his eldest brother heard when he spake unto the men; and Eliab's anger was kindled against David, and he said, Why camest thou down hither? and with whom hast thou left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know thy pride, and the naughtiness of thine heart; for thou art come down that thou mightest see the battle.
29 And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause?

Sometimes, you find yourself in a situation where you cannot explain your actions. All you know at that point is that you are strongly motivated by the Spirit of God to act in certain ways that are not really in your personal interest or for your benefit. Such steps are usually seen by others as unreasonable, irrational, and sometimes foolish. In the process of obeying God’s instruction, you ask yourself repeatedly; “What is going on?” I have learnt from my own personal experience that this period is like a roller-coaster ride with the Holy Spirit. On one hand, you are excited, while on the other hand, there is fear and uncertainty. Sometimes, a blend of opposition, obstacle, and criticism, comes in to make the situation more complex. Such was the situation when at the very early stage of my Christian walk, my father in the Lord, the then General Superintendent of RCCG, asked all of us at the Headquarters to close our bank accounts and bring all the money to the Church on a certain date.

Thank God I and my wife heeded the instruction. This puts me in the position to tell you today that such an unusual call provides an unusual opportunity to prove your loyalty to God, thereby setting you up as a major factor in the fulfilment of divine purpose. I pray that you will correctly discern the unusual opportunities that always precede the fulfilment of divine purpose in Jesus’ name.

King Joash had such an opportunity but could not make the best of it. When Elisha was about to die, since there was nobody worthy of his double portion anointing, he felt led to give king Joash an unusual opportunity to defeat all his enemies in all future battles through a prophetic action. With Elisha’s hand on the king’s hand, every arrow shot represented a victory for Israel. If only he had maximized that opportunity, he would never have been defeated: his victory would have been complete. I can imagine that if the king had been aware beforehand, he would have shot all the arrows in order to maximize the opportunity. But unfortunately, he did not discern the times, and the whole nation of Israel suffered loss. May you not miss your unusual opportunities this year in Jesus’ name. God will open the eyes of your spiritual understanding to identify the signs of divine purpose in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please key me into Your divine calendar and help me fulfil Your purpose in my life in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:01am On Dec 17, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 17th December, 2016.
PRAYING OR MURMURING.

Memorise
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
-James 4:2.

Read: Luke 15:25-32.
25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

In Christianity, prayer is generally defined as a solemn request for divine intervention or an expression of thanksgiving addressed to the Almighty God. It is therefore clear that prayer is not synonymous with murmuring, protest, demand, or complains. A proper understanding of the art of prayer and the type of prayer that brings results is very important in Christianity.

Let’s consider some biblical examples of prayer. While describing the way he prayed under a particular circumstance, the Psalmist in Psalms 42:4 says he poured out his soul to God. The phrase, “I pour out my soul” describes the soul like it is liquid. Depending on the situation, some prayers can take on a casual form while others may wear a garb of seriousness.

The intensity of your thanksgiving prayer will differ in a case where you experienced a hitch-free trip compared to when you met with several difficulties during the trip but eventually arrived safely. The Psalmist in Psalms 130:1-2 talks of calling unto God out of the deep. Somebody said that this was Jonah’s prayer in the belly of the fish. When there is no imminent danger, and you are in the comfort of your air-conditioned bedroom praying, that kind of prayer will be sweet, smooth and leisure-like. But the one in the belly of a fish such as in Jonah’s case would definitely be different. Jonah would have been very aggressive and desperate and must have prayed like a drowning man.

In 1 Samuel 1:13-18, when Hannah was praying, only her lips moved. Some people have used this as an excuse to engage in silent prayers. But the truth is, although she was not making a sound, it does not mean that she was not praying aggressively. We could compare this to a situation where an eight-day-old baby is circumcised and he is in pains. He cries out in agony and he continues to cry until his voice pales out, yet he will continue crying. Hannah must have cried to the extent of losing her voice. There is an extent to which you will pray and you will realize that you have gotten God’s attention. What kind of prayer takes place in your family? How desperate are you? If you can pour out your heart to the Lord without being so mindful of grammar or who may be nearby, or who is looking or not looking at you, you will get His attention.

At the end of the day, what is important is getting answers to prayers and not whether you appear to men as being prayerful. I have often stated that whatever progress and achievements are visible in the RCCG today; they are by the grace of God and the prayers of the saints. As you engage heaven in aggressive prayers this season, you will receive divine attention in Jesus’ name. Call on Him!

Prayer Point
Father, please, teach me to pray genuinely from today in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 18th December, 2016.
*A MESSENGER WITH A MESSAGE.*

_Memorise_
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
- Romans 10:15.

_Read: 2 Timothy 4:1-5._
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

_Message_
The whole of the Bible and everything about Christianity is summed up in the Gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. The proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which arises naturally from believer’s love for God and the appreciation of all that He has done for us, is known as evangelism. The New Testament Bible stresses the importance of evangelism, and provides important guidance as to how it should be done. Matthew 28:19 spells out the great commission:

_“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:”_

The focus of evangelism is the proclamation of the good news of the coming of the kingdom of God, including forgiveness of sins and hope of eternal life, through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Daniel 10:6 describes the peculiar features of the original messenger (Jesus Christ) as follows:
_“His body also was like beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour of polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.”_

The fiery face and the fire in His eyes represents the countenance of a no nonsense judge, the voice of a multitude symbolize peoples, nations and languages of the world. There is no place on the surface of the earth where His message will not be heard. Another thing the passage talks about is the Lord’s feet, how they appear like brass when on fire. Brass signifies strength. Jesus feet are said to be polished brass. This indicates that His feet are empowered to trample upon His enemies. If you are truly located in your place of authority in Christ Jesus, the only place your enemies can be is under your feet. Like Jesus, your feet need to be empowered so that when you trample on serpents and scorpions, you will not be hurt. To do this, you must empower your feet as God’s messenger with evangelism. Every soul you win for God’s Kingdom turns your feet to be as strong as the Lord’s so that you can easily have victory over your enemies. How many souls have you won to the Lord since the year began?

_Prayer Point_
Father, please make me an effective soul winner in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 12:28am On Dec 19, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 19th December, 2016.
*THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH.*

_Memorise_
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
- 2 Timothy 4:7.

_Read: 1 Timothy 6:11-14._
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

_Message_
The basis for all spiritual warfare can be explained as the opposition or hostility between light and darkness. Darkness is associated with blindness, emptiness, uncertainty, inactivity, stagnancy, ignorance, failure, wickedness, fear and evil. Darkness was dominant authority over the universe in the beginning, and this was evidently the status quo at the time of creation in Genesis 1:1. Then God said let there be light and there was light. Light is a very powerful force. When there is light, darkness has no choice than to disappear. John 1:5 says,
_“And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”_

However, the truth is, not all light can outshine darkness. For instance, Genesis 1 talks of categories of light.

_“And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.”_
Genesis 1:16.

There are lights of the sun, moon and stars. Then there are man-made lights of varying sizes. If you put on tiny torch in the midst of total darkness, you will only see the spot that the torch is pointing at. Everywhere else will be surrounded by darkness. The size of a light determines the area it will dominate or rule over. The sun rules over the day because it is far brighter than the moon. If the moon were to replace the sun during the day, there will be darkness during the day. Similarly, if you bring sun to replace the moon during the night time, the night will turn into day. This tells us that what determines the result of a situation is the amount of light it is exposed to. This means that exposing varying degrees of light on the same situation will give you different results. The volume of the light of God’s Word that you are exposed to will determine the degree of the change you will experience.

The intensity and size of God’s light in you will determine the sphere of domination. Although, God has commanded you to dominate everything, the actual scope of your dominance will be determined by the amount of God’s Word that is in you. The Word is the light of the world. If you lack the Word, you lack the light that gives definition to your ability to dominate. As you increase your Word content, you enlarge your coast. Staying away from the Word automatically reduces your glow and ultimately your ability to control forces, situations and circumstances. On the other hand, the moment you stop shinning as light, darkness will swallow you up. If you want to be victorious over forces of darkness, you should daily expose yourself to the light from God’s Word. The Word is the sword of the Spirit and the chief weapon of our warfare as Christians.

_Prayer Point_
Father, please baptize me in the pool of Your Word today in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:02am On Dec 20, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 20th December, 2016.
LYING NOT A CHRISTIAN VIRTUE.

Memorise
A lying tongue hateth those that are affiliated by it; And a flattering mouth worketh ruin.
- Proverbs 26:28.

Read: Ephesians 4:22-25.
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Today, we are revisiting a previous discussion on a deadly sin that has been trivialized in modern times. Indeed, lying is not a Christian virtue; on the contrary, one of the fruits of righteousness is the hatred of lies. Today, the world has classified lies. Some are called heavy lies, some feather weight lies, some are white lies, some are green lies, some are business lies, some are ministerial lies; some are lies that cannot hurt a fly, while some are dangerous and implicating lies. No matter how men, by their own opinions, choose to classify lies, deciding what a lie is, is not in the purview of men but of God; hence such classifications hold no water. If you are a lover of lies, you are far from being righteous. If you tell lies at all, you are miles from being righteous. Do you know that if you keep away from sin and the only crime found in you after death is a lie, it will keep you from entering through the pearly gates? Revelations 21:8 says that all categories of liars will be found in the lake of fire, not in Heaven:

“And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the lamb’s book of life.”

Nothing can ever take anyone in the above categories into Heaven. If you are a lying leader, you are simply on  your way to hell. A righteous fellow cannot stand lies because he or she is a chip off the old block; a child of truth whose father is the Truth (Revelation 19:11-16), in John 8:44, Jesus says that the devil is a liar and the father of all liars. If you are a General Overseer or superintendent, a senior pastor or believer and you tell lies, your father is the devil. A day is coming when everybody will go back to their father. After death, the devil will stand in the way to claim his own. He will ask some popular leaders and believers; “Where are you going?” they will reply: “I am going to Heaven of course”. The devil will laugh them to scorn. “Did you not read that all liars will go to hell in Revelations 21:8? You are my child, come with me to the lake of fire, our eternal abode”. Make restitution on the lies you have told. Have you offered some people some benefits in a business transaction and you received the payment, but for one reason or the other, you did not give them what you promised? Go and return their money or else that lie and deceit will not allow you into Heaven.

Prayer Point
Father, please deliver me from any sin that can prevent me from entering into Heaven.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 4:11am On Dec 21, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 21st December, 2016.
THE ANOINTING MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.

Memorise
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
- Acts 10:38.

Read: Matthew 17:14-21.
14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

The word ‘anointing’ is often used in the Old Testament in recognition of the Lord’s divine calling upon the lives of individuals. In addition, the anointing was a physical recognition of the particular role or office of people such as kings, prophets, or priests.

However, the anointing in the New Testament is not limited to prophets and priests, it is birthright of every born again Child of God. In Mark 6:7, Jesus gave power over unclean spirits to His disciples. In Luke 9:1, He gave them power to cure diseases, and in Luke 10:19, He gave them power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy. I once told my spiritual children that the new anointing is so powerful, that it can repeat whatever it has done for your spiritual fathers. It can re-open closed doors and turn the mocked into a celebrity. In 1 Samuel 16:11-13, when Samuel came to the house of Jesse while shopping for a kingly candidate, nobody presented David. It was until Samuel specifically asked for him that he was summoned. But after David was anointed in 1 Samuel 22:1-2, the same brothers who saw nothing good in him came to submit themselves under his authority. Have people written you off as a nobody? Do they deny you your rights and consider you unfit for any meaningful position? The anointing of God will reverse that situation in your life this season in Jesus’ name. You will be sought after. You will be transformed into a very important personality by the anointing.

Furthermore, 1 Corinthians 12:7 says:
“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.”

The above verse shows that God’s anointing is not for flamboyance, globetrotting, or to be made merchandise of. On the contrary, the anointing is for making a difference in this evil world by living in holiness and righteousness, healing the sick, setting the captives free, making the barren fruitful, replacing sorrow with joy and moving the impoverished into prosperity so that the Name of the Lord may be glorified. To what extent does the anointing on you impact those in need of it? To what extent are you making a difference in your community?

Prayer Point
Father, wake me up to my responsibility of making a real difference in this world.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 4:43am On Dec 22, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 22nd December, 2016.
HE KNOWS HIS SHEEP.

Memorise
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- John 14:6.

Read: John 10:25-29.
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

The Bible in several passages referred to God as the good Shepherd, but in the book of John 10:14, Jesus boldly declared, “I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.” Also in John 10:27, God says, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me”. The Lord is omniscient, He is all knowing, nothing is hidden from His sight, and He therefore has a very good knowledge of the identity of all human beings. Furthermore, 2 Timothy 2:19 says:

“Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal; The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

Every Christian is hereby encouraged to depart from all forms of immorality in order to benefit from the heavenly package reserved for true children of God.

Because God paid for the salvation of humanity with His Son’s Blood, Christians in the world are precious to Him. Hence, the Lord will always keep His obedient children from partaking in the judgement of sinners. An example of this is recorded in 1 Kings 14:7-16.  Jeroboam was a very wicked king. He did not only sin, but caused so many to sin with him. When God pronounced judgment on him, his entire family faced extinction. He had many sons who all perished with him, but Abijah was spared because he towed the path of righteousness. When judgment is determined against families, yours will be spared in Jesus’ name. When cities and communities are to face disasters and destruction, you will be spared.

If you love to do God’s will all the time and diligently obey His voice, He will keep you from judgment. When He brought plagues on Egypt, in the land of Goshen where the Israelites lived, there was no trace of the plagues (Exodus 8:21-23). God separated His own from those who were not His. 2 Timothy 2:19 says no matter what people claim, God knows His people. Are you one of God’s sheep? It is not enough to claim to be a child of God; does God know you as His bona- fide son or daughter? If you are not sure, check your life and be reconciled to God today. If you are recognized by God, there is a hiding place reserved for you in Christ where you will not be a casualty in time of judgment. Like the psalmist, you shall only see and hear of those who are causalities but you shall never be touched (Psalms 91:7-cool. Once again, are you among the faithful few?

Prayer Point
Father, please, set my prayer life on fire today in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:44am On Dec 23, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 23rd December, 2016.
WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS.

Memorise
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
- Matthew 6:21.

Read: Matthew 6:19-21.
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Treasures are highly valued objects or accumulated riches. Physical treasure has at best only short-term benefits and is capable of opening up the owner to various physical and spiritual dangers. However, spiritual treasure is of eternal value and comes from knowing and serving God.

The Bible encourages Christians to save for the future and expects good parents to keep an inheritance for their children. It is also desirable to invest wisely. By the special grace of God, these processes could lead to a huge accumulation of wealth. The focus however is not the wealth but the mindset and attitude of the owner. Matthew 6:20 says,
“But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:”

The problem is that wealthy people are familiar with how to make earthly investment and acquire earthy treasures, but only a few of them have the understanding of what it means to lay-up treasures in Heaven or how to go about it. The Bible recorded an encounter between Jesus and a very rich ruler with a similar challenge in Luke 18:15-25. Luke 18:22 says,
“Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven…”

The solution that Jesus offered is simple, if you want to have treasures in Heaven and you have earthly wealth, sow a bulk of it into the lives of the poor. If you go the extra mile to enrich the poor, you will have treasures in Heaven. Your wealth or possessions on their own are worth nothing to God, except they are converted into something of value that promotes the work of God, or affects the lives of others for good.

If you use your wealth to promote the gospel or you meet needs with it, you will reap the harvests in Heaven because the principle of sowing and reaping applies there. Way to be rich in Heaven is to be rich in good works (1 Timothy 6:16). Use your wealth to better other people’s life, no rich Christian Brother or Sister has a reason to be poor in Heaven. No poor believer should also be poor in Heaven. You are the one to take the decision that will positively impact your eternity. Invest in the work of God by promoting the Gospel and sow bountifully into the lives of the poor.

Prayer Point
Father, please help me lay up heavenly treasure more than earthly treasure.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:05am On Dec 25, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 25th December, 2016.
*_BE DILIGENT._*

_Memorise_
The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.
- Proverbs 21:5.

_Read: Proverbs 6:6-11_
6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.

_Message_
Diligence can be defined as conscientious hard work and perseverance, particularly with regards to your relationship with God. The Bible presents diligence in a highly favourable manner, which clearly shows that God loves hardworking people but hates the lazy ones. When He looks for people to use for assignments, He chooses hardworking people. If you see a lazy and nonchalant fellow occupying an ecclesiastical position, ask him how he got there because God has no business with lazy bones. Even when a person becomes mad, that state of insanity does not take away hard work from the fellow. When you observe mad men, you will know those who were hard-working and those who were lazy. The lazy ones will sit all day long or scavenge in one location for virtually the whole day, but the hardworking ones will go far distances, even travelling several kilometres on foot. Very hardworking mad fellows are possible candidates of God’s mercy. If you see them, pray for them and the Lord will deliver them.

Diligence results in a rich harvest and links you up with the high and mighty in the society. That is why Jesus, in Mark 5:1-20, came all the way to a graveyard in search of a mad fellow, bypassing other people in the process. It was because that mad man was a diligent fellow and Jesus knew that after his deliverance, he would use his energy and diligence to serve the Lord. Hence, Jesus delivered him and he immediately became an evangelist, combing the whole country for Jesus.

Similarly, you need to use the temperament that God gave you to serve Him, for example, if you are an extrovert, God wants you to use that extroverted nature to reach out to people, go from place to place speaking for God and leading souls to Christ. If you were extroverted before you were saved but thereafter you became introverted and hardly speak with anyone, you are getting something wrong. One reason God saved you was because of your extroverted nature which He expects you to use for the increase of His Kingdom. Paul was an extrovert and worked for Satan, but after his conversion, he worked much more for Jesus, touring different countries for the Lord. Are you adequately engaging your temperaments? Are you diligently handling the Kingdom business?

_Prayer Point_
Father, please let my work bring maximum benefit to the Kingdom of God in Jesus’ name.

Merry Christmas
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:56am On Dec 27, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 27th December, 2016.
SPIRITUAL WARFARE (I).

Memorise
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
- 2 Corinthians 10:4.

Read: Ephesians 6:10-15.
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Life is full of battles. This is confirmed by the Word of God in Job 5:7 which says that man is born into trouble. What determines whether you will be a victim or victor in the battle of life is who you choose as your ally. In Mark 5:25-34, we read about a woman with the issue of blood. She went through a lot in her battle with that sickness. If you do not think sickness is a serious thing, just ask for stomach pain for one hour, and then you will know that sickness is a war. Every agent of sickness fighting against your health shall be destroyed in Jesus’ name. Poverty is also a war, Proverbs 10:15 says poverty destroys. The poor is a victim or captive of the spirit of poverty, and the poor who refuses to fight the spirit of poverty will die poor. Besides, poverty makes your relations hate or look down on you (Proverbs 14:20). That means that if you refuse to fight against poverty, those who should become your friends will be your enemies. If you do not want to lose your loved ones, you must win the battle against poverty. Poverty shuts you up; it robs you of your right to the freedom of speech. The foolish ideas and opinions of the rich are heard at the roof tops while the most brilliant ideas of the poor are unheard. In anyway poverty has shut you up; the Lord will reverse the situation today in Jesus’ name. The book of 2 Corinthians 10:4 says:

“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;”

All we need is to be equipped with the Word of God, live a holy life, and have strong faith in the saving Power of the Lord Jesus.

Barrenness is also a war. When Hannah was still childless, she was put in perpetual sorrow. She lost her right to joy. Is barrenness denying you of the joy of the Lord? The Lord will intervene and deliver it into your hands this season in Jesus’ name. Another thing to fight is bondage. The man in Mark 5:1-15 was in bondage. He lost the right to do what he wanted. When Paul saw himself doing what he hated, he knew he was in the same bondage as the mad man of Gadara (Romans 7:15-25). Yet, in both cases, God gave victory. Paul did not mince words; he called it a war. Are you struggling with sin? Start a fight against bondage. The Lord who rescued Paul and the Gadarene will give you victory over sin and your flesh today in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please fight my battles and defend my cause in Jesus’ name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? / 8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe / Masquerade Seen Quoting The Scriptures In Enugu State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 296
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.