Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. (20168 Views)

Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / Open Heavens Devotional 2017 / Open Heavens Devotional. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:39am On Aug 17, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 17th August, 2016.
DESIRE ACCELERATED PROMOTION?

Memorise
Seeth thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.
- Proverbs 22:29.

Read: 2 Kings 2:9-15.
9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
10 And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
13 He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;
14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the Lord God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
15 And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

Some people wrongly believe that God will promote them irrespective of their attitude in life. God is not a God of mediocrity, laziness or indolence. God is interested in promoting those who make good effort in their endeavours. Joseph was not just promoted in the house of Portiphar, his master saw mark of excellence and diligence in him before he was put in charge of everything. Those who think God will favour them despite being lazy, dormant, inactive and lethargic are only wasting their time. There are people who have privileges but refuse to use them. Joseph utilized the privilege he had in his master’s house and he was in charge. He also utilized the privilege he had in the prison and he was put in charge. This attitude of hard work and diligence continued with him until space was made for him at the top.

There are many people who have remained in the same spot for a long time because they have refused to engage their God given potentials. They want God to provide food for them and cook it and also put it in their mouths. You must be able to strike the iron while it is red hot. Maximizing the opportunities given to you by God can change the story of your life and attract uncommon promotion to you.

If one knows how to work efficiently, he will have no problem getting to the top. He will be able to provide for himself and his family. Industrious people will always rule over those that are lazy. What were the other sons of the prophet doing when Elisha was following Elijah? They were making mockery of Elisha, reminding him that his master will soon be taken away. Even though all of them were sons of the prophet they did not see Elijah as their own master. They told Elisha that ‘his master’ will soon be taken away. The anointing you do not respect will never work for you. The office you do not respect can never get you. They were all there viewing from afar. They refused to step out of their comfort zone. Complacency had taken over their hearts. Elisha followed his master from Gilgal to Bethel and from Bethel to Jericho and from Jericho to Jordan but the others just viewed from afar. Are you like one of the 50 sons of the prophet? When you see your leader pursuing a vision, you just stay and watch from afar? Are you one of those who discourage others from putting their best into what their superior are doing? Are you one of those who specialize in pulling down others because of their promotion is a threat to you? You have to have a rethink of heart if you don’t want to remain in the valley of life. God is interested in blessing you and promoting you but you have to convince Him that you desire that promotion.

If you are hard-working, there is no demon that can stop your progress in life, but God will never bless the lazy. You must be up and doing. You should be diligent in all your duties. It takes diligence to get to the top and the same diligence is required to sustain your place at the top. You must challenge yourself to rise above every limitation and barrier and work your way to the very top through hard work.

Key Point
It is the soul of the diligent that will eventually be made fat.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:38am On Aug 18, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 18th August, 2016.
THAT WE MAY BE RICH.

Memorise
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
2 Corinthians 8:9.

Read: John 10:9-11.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

The death of Jesus was for a purpose and that purpose is to ensure that you fulfil your destiny. Jesus sacrificed Himself for your redemption. He took your place and gave you His. It is upon this arrangement that you have access to all that He provided. The death of Jesus was not in vain, it is a substitution for all your human weaknesses and deficiencies. God is not only interested in making you saved; He is interested in you having all that is available in the salvation package. I decree that whatever will not make you enjoy the full benefits of salvation shall be destroyed in Jesus’ name. Just for your sake, Jesus was born into very poor circumstances, He lived a poor life and died in poverty; and all these was that such things do not happen in your life. He voluntarily did all that, so that you might be rich. The riches even cover your divine health; by His stripes you are healed. I command every sickness and disease operating in your body to be uprooted in Jesus’ name. His death is so that you might be rich in deliverance. There are many people attending deliverance services but are yet to be free. If you appropriate the death of Jesus into your situation, there should be freedom for you.
“And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free” - John 8:32.

As believers of the new covenant, you are to be rich in the love and favour of the Almighty God. You are to be rich in the blessing and promises of the new covenant. You are to be rich in your expectation of eternal life. When you give your life to Jesus Christ, there is happiness in your life not only by the things you have but by the experience you have in Him. The Lord Jesus becomes the shepherd of your soul and He guarantees your protection so that you enjoy the riches of His divine security. Nothing scares you any longer because He that now watches over your soul does not sleep nor slumber. You become rich in abundance and the yoke of poverty becomes destroyed. You will be practically guided on how to enjoy the benefits of His riches through His goodness and mercy.

This is why you must not allow the devil see your life as being vacant. The devil is out to kill, to steal and to destroy but when you give Jesus a chance in your life, you will experience a turnaround from poverty to wealth. The devil has nothing good to offer you. In the end, his offers lead to destruction and disgrace, but the riches of God are permanent. The Joy of God is real; the peace of God is timeless. The abundance of God is not a function of economic indices. The longevity of life has nothing to do with keeping to medical prescriptions. The security of God has nothing to do with human elements. All these benefits are part of the riches He gave to you on the cross of Calvary but they become activated when you accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour.

Key Point
If you don’t know your rights, you cannot enjoy them.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:30am On Aug 19, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 19th August, 2016.
CUMBERED WITH DEPRESSION?

Memorise
But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, it is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.
- 1 Kings 19:4.

Read: 1 Kings 19:1-8.
1 And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword.
2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time.
3 And when he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which belongeth to Judah, and left his servant there.
4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.
5 And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat.
6 And he looked, and, behold, there was a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again.
7 And the angel of the Lord came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee.
8 And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.

Depression is a deep sense of despondency, discouragement and sadness that is often linked with a sense of personal helplessness, a loss of meaning in life and enthusiasm of living. Some common symptoms of depression include self-condemnation, deep sorrow, a loathing of life and a desire to end it. Bible records show evidence of depression in the behaviour of some personalities such as Elijah. King Saul, King David, Jonah, Hagar, Judas Iscariot, etc. Today’s memory verse says,

“But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, it is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.”

The devil is very bad. It is absolutely impossible to believe that the person credited with the above statement was the same Elijah, who just a few hours before stood against 400 prophets of Baal, and with the help of God, destroyed them all. Before the dust of the celebrations could settle, the devil had succeeded in driving fear and discouragement into him.

He suddenly lost confidence in the God that performed such as marvellous miracle that shook the entire country. Depression got hold of him at such a fast rate that within hours of celebrating victory, his mood had swung to the extreme of requesting to die. Some of the prevailing conditions that could lead to depression so quickly include, serious sin, loss of sense of God’s presence, fear  of failure, oppression, threats, fear  of judgment, loneliness and deep sorrow. I decree in the Name that is above all other names; the Lord is bringing you out of depression today. The joy of the Lord is your strength. Just hold on to the Word of God in Philippians 4:6-7 that says;

“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

Prayer Point
Father, please completely destroy the power of depression in my life in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 5:54am On Aug 20, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 20th August, 2016.
POWER IN THE WORD TO SAVE.

Memorise
It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
-John 6:63.

Read: Hebrew 4:12.
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Just as physical energy is generated by physical food, spiritual energy is generated by looking into the Word of God. The Word of God is the source of life. Without the Word, there is no way we can cultivate a good relationship with the Almighty God. The Word of God is the secret of every hidden treasure, and until you engage the Word, you will be operating at the level of ‘ordinary’. Those that are in the flesh will always be under the power of the carnal mind but those that are in the spirit will always allow the Word of God to guide and direct them. It is the Spirit of God that brings the body to life through His Word. It is this Word that gives us an understanding of what one must do to be saved from the destruction to come. It is with this Word that you defend yourself against every arrow of the enemy. It is with this Word that you engage the devil under any situation and circumstance. The amount of God’s Word you have in you is how much of God you carry and when you carry God inside of you, then you have the assurance of victory on all fronts. There is so much power in the Word to save and to set one free from every bondage and satanic oppression.

“For the Word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
Hebrew 4:12.

The Word of God as the shepherd staff should not be rejected or compromised if the sheep will not be lost finally without remedy. There are many people today who do not allow their lives to be governed by the Word of God and they also live to see the consequences of their decisions. An Apostle of Jesus Christ wrote that all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness. When we open our lives to the Word of God, there is salvation for us from every path of destruction, because the Word will redirect us to where we will find safety for our lives.

When we open our lives to the Word of God, we are corrected, rebuked, warned and guided away from the path of perdition. With this, we are saved from the hands of the wolves of this world that are looking for those to devour. There is great joy in the Word if we are disciplined enough to hold onto it. As long as we look unto that Word of liberty, there will be no fear in our hearts because He that watches us is committed to delivering us from the horrors of sin and death. How do you gain access to the Word that guarantees salvation from the destruction of life? It is by reading and meditating on the Word of God,
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth” 2 Timothy 2:15.

To study is to work at what you have read with the purpose of understanding, retaining and utilising the information. There is great depth in the Word of God. The Word creates (Genesis 1:3). I decree into your life; every area where darkness has interrupted the plan and purpose of God for your life will be flooded with light in Jesus’ name.

Key Point
It is the Word that you honour that delivers.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 8:54am On Aug 21, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 21st August, 2016.
BE FAITHFUL.

Memorise
Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
- 1 Corinthians 4:2.

Read: Luke 12:37-44.
37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

One of the reasons why God saved us is that He wants to partner with us in His kingdom. God is in search of faithful men, He is looking for people who will produce fruits of righteousness within and without. Faithfulness in the discharge of whatever assignment God has given us is a proof that we are partners with Him. Our assignments must be done in a manner that will bring glory and honour to Him. As teachers of the Word, we are not permitted to teach what is convenient; we have to teach the absolute Word of God. As pastors in our churches, it is required of us to be found faithful and have a good oversight over the flock of Jesus. As co-labourers in the vineyard, we must not do anything without the Master’s instruction. We must do it according to His prescription. There are many people today who are in ministry but are running it as convenient. This will not meet the requirement of the Owner of the work when He comes with His reward. Ministers of the gospel must make effort to have a good conscience and to earn trustworthiness on the part of those they are presiding over.

As children of God, we must be in the business of building His Kingdom in expectation of His return. We are stewards of the Most-High God and much trust has been committed into our hands. The work of God must not be handled anyhow. It should not be seen as something that should be done with indulgence. The expectation is much and one must be faithful and wise so as to be rewarded. No matter the difficulties one meets on the way, one must forge ahead as a Christian soldier and fulfil the ministry which has been committed into his hand.

“He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.”
Revelations 22:11.

It is the motive with which you desire to do things that will be judged. By the time the hour of reward comes, there will be different levels of reward for different people based on how they have fared in the business of God. By the time Jesus returns, He will not return empty-handed. This is why those who are lazy need to challenge themselves to do something profitable before it is too late. Hard work is expected and those living a life of holiness must continue to strive for a life that glorifies God. You cannot deceive God, you cannot cheat God. I can assure you that whatever you do for God, He will reward you in due season. Nobody trades with God and loses. Nobody partners with God without having something great to show for it. God is always faithful to His word and promises. I always pity those who expect their reward to come from their spiritual head. It is very possible for the General Overseer to forget you and your labour of love. He may not even know you are somewhere working. He sees only what is within his range of vision, but there is a God who sees beyond the reach of any General Overseer or Senior Pastor.
“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap”
Galatians 6:7.

If you are praying, remain faithful in your prayer ministry. If you know how to praise God keep on praising Him. If you know how to give quality offerings, keep it up. Keep on paying your tithe. I can guarantee you that your reward is coming.

Prayer Point
Father, please help me not to be found wanting in faithfulness in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:05am On Aug 22, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 22nd August, 2016.
HEALED THROUGH OBEDIENCE.

Memorise
His mother saith unto the servants, whatever he saith unto you do it.
- John 2:5.

Read: 2 Kings 5:9-14.
9 So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha.
10 And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.
11 But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.
13 And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?
14 Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.

Every genuine child of God has a covenant right of divine health amongst other things. When I became born again, I did not believe in divine healing and I used to say that those pastors preaching about divine healing were looking for whom to kill. It was the testimony of an old man who shared how he challenged the devil who was mocking him in his sickness that made me to believe that divine healing is possible. In Exodus 15:26, God said:
“I am the Lord that healeth thee”.

The one asking you not to fear is the original physician. The storms of sicknesses and disease are much more dangerous than any other form of attack against humanity. Diseases and sicknesses have different durations in the human body. There are some that last a few days and there are some that last for years. God’s ultimate plan for His children is to live a life that is not afflicted with sickness. He is interested in our wellbeing. Healing is possible and it can be obtained through faith and in obedience to the Word of God.

When one is suffering from one form of sickness or the other, it affects other things. It drains the finances of its victim and causes stagnation. There are many colourful dreams that have been aborted as a result of sickness. There are many wealthy people who have become poor because a sickness drained their finances. The anointing of Jesus Christ is to destroy all that God has not planted in your life. Jesus came to destroy the yoke of sickness and this is why I want you to know that your case is not impossible with Jesus. However, there are certain instructions that you may have to work with if you want your miracle to be permanent.

Our Bible passage reveals that story of the Syrian army officer who was highly ranked but was suffering from a particular sickness. The man of God asked him to go and wash in the Jordan River seven times for him to be healed of his sickness. It took the intervention of a God-sent messenger for him to access his miracles. He would have lost the miracle of healing that he had been longing for. He saw the instruction as ridiculous. I have seen over and over again that instructions that look very simple are always ignored by people, yet, it is the secret required for their breakthrough. This officer thought the river was too dirty for him and he began to list many exclusive rivers, but the man of God was specific about the river and the number of times he had to enter the river.

Obedience to the instruction of God is very crucial to the release of our miracles in life. This man dipped himself into the Jordan River six times and nothing happened. It wasn’t until he entered the seventh time that his skin became changed and he received his healing. He dipped himself into the river and his flesh became like that of a baby.

Why are you still in that problem? Could it be that there are certain instructions given to you and you have not obeyed or your obedience has not been complete? You need to check yourself. The miracle you need is right beside you; just do what Jesus has asked of you and you will see your miracle being delivered without further delay.

Prayer Point
Father, remove every self-inflicted hindrance to my miracle in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:02am On Aug 23, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 23rd August, 2016.
THE ULTIMATE GOAL.

Memorise
“Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
Matthew 5:3.

Read: Matthew 5:1-10.
1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

God’s eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives to Christ, our focus must change and our goals in life must be tailored towards His ultimate purpose. You become separated from the crowd, you become a disciple of Jesus and the love of Christ becomes your preoccupation. Nothing satisfies better than the relationship you enjoy with the Father. You begin to have access to deep secrets because you are now His disciple. Your goal must change because you have become separated from sin and a worldly lifestyle. All those that encountered God had to focus on His ultimate goal for their lives. Joseph knew that he could of his own achieve nothing, so he began to follow the plan of God for his life. He focused on the ultimate goal and the Almighty God assisted him and gave him understanding, which made him to stand out. He learnt so many things as he was working towards God’s plan and purpose for his life. He became humble and grace was released into his life. Those who are always full of their achievements and accomplishments in life can never amount to anything significant before God because they will become blinded by their success. For outstanding goals to be achieved by you, there is the need to depend on the Almighty God.

An understanding of your spiritual poverty is the only gateway into entering into the provision and abundance of the Almighty God. It is acknowledging your deficiencies and realising that you are bankrupt and you need the help of Heaven to achieve the ultimate goal that God has lined up for you. King Solomon understood this and came to God to ask for help in knowing how to go about his daily business of administering the affairs of the kingdom. The moment God is removed from your life; you have nothing more to give to life. This is why you have to be meek before God. You must demonstrate meekness as you move on in life because the place that God is taking you to is a great place. You cannot afford to be proud. It is only the power of God that can guarantee your getting there, not by your own strength. Meekness is an attribute of Christ, and also one of the fruits of the Spirit. We must follow the path of meekness in our daily lives. It means your flesh must be crucified and the natural man in you must give in for the power of God to fill you.

When Joseph’s brothers were about to sell him into slavery, they thought they had gotten rid of the dreamer and his dreams, but they did not know they were only helping him in orchestrating the plan and purpose of God for his life. They became vehicles through which the young dreamer got to his ultimate destination in life. This is why you need to know that all things will always work together for good in the life of those who allow Jesus to be their personal Lord and Saviour. As long as you remain in the perfect will of God, and you are obedient to the ultimate goal that He has set for your life, you can be sure you will get to your destination. Dare to trust God and stop struggling to fight your battles by yourself. With God on your side, you will reach your goal.

Key Point
The plan and purpose of God for a man is the best that can ever happen to him.

Hymn 4: Take my life and let it be.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 8:16am On Aug 24, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 24th August, 2016.
YOU NEED DELIVERANCE?

Memorise
And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
- Isaiah 10:27.

Read: Deuteronomy 28:25-48.

There are many people who are carrying different loads in life. There are weights, burdens and yokes that are delaying many people and stopping them from becoming what God wants them to become. When an individual is in bondage, there are limits to what he can achieve. This may mean that there is an urgent need for deliverance. God is the ultimate deliverer and I want to assure you that everything that is unpleasant in your life shall be made beautiful in Jesus’ name. There are people that appear alright, but they have long standing problems. I decree that the Almighty God will turn all of your unpleasant situations into beautiful testimonies in Jesus’ name.

“Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.” Isaiah 60:15.

There are people who have been rejected by others but in the hour of deliverance, these same people will gather people for the celebration of the greatness of God in their lives. In the hour of deliverance, wealth will begin to replace poverty in the lives of such people. When deliverance begins, there will be a full restoration of all that has been denied for so many years.

If you align yourself with the will of God this moment, God will begin to be your light. You will walk through darkness and nothing will harm you because the deliverance of God has located you. God wants to deliver you from the power and fears of those whom you cannot handle by your strength. God does not want your life as a believer to be at the mercy of sinners. The blood of Jesus is for your freedom, to deliver you from the tyranny of sin and death. If you allow God to deliver you, the yoke of sickness, poverty, stagnation, unemployment, and fruitlessness will not only be taken away, but it shall be destroyed totally. Moses told the children of Israel to look back and behold the Egyptians, because the Egyptians they were seeing that day would never be seen again in their lives. And the Almighty God sank all the Egyptians and their weapons of war into the sea at that moment. As a child of the Almighty God, you can be sure that there is no weapon formed against you spiritually, physically or administratively that will prosper.

Have you been in bondage? Have you been a victim of situations and circumstances? Are there certain precious things you desire but are outside your control? Are you weeping silently while others think you are happy? I decree once again that your hour of deliverance is here in Jesus’ name. That great man called Naaman was a leper but when his hour of deliverance arrived, he dipped himself into river Jordan seven times as instructed, and his skin was wholly replaced. No single sign of loss was found in him. It is in that same Spirit that I want you to know that your freedom has arrived. There will be a complete turnaround in a positive direction in your life in Jesus’ name.

Key Point
When God sets you free, you are free indeed.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:55am On Aug 25, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 25th August, 2016.
NOTHING GOES FOR NOTHING.

Memorise
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart.
- Matthew 17:1.

Read: Matthew 17:14-21.
14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

In secular environments, it takes diligence to get to the top and it takes even more diligence to remain there. There are many people who work really hard to get to the top but upon getting there, they soon begin to relax. Diligence is even more important when it comes to spiritual responsibilities. You need to work hard to have an encounter with God but you need to work twice as hard to keep your encounter intact. To get the answer to all your requests, you have to invest a lot of time before God. Many people just get born again and begin to relax. If you want to command the miraculous you must be ready to pay the price. You need to keep running until you get to the finish line. There are people who have not given God their entire lives, yet they want God to always respond to all their requests. If you want a spiritual transformation in your life, you have to give attention and seriousness to the business of growing daily. Following Jesus Christ could be very costly, His standards are always high and He will never compromise His standard for anyone. If you want to operate in the miraculous, you must be willing to die daily. Self-denial is a basic qualification for discipleship and there are many courses you have to register for in the school of exploits. That includes fasting while others are feasting. It includes praying while others are sleeping. You have to study the Bible while others are spending time on things that will not add significant value to their lives. It involves spiritual discipline while some people are wasting their time away. Paul testified that he kept his body under in order to win the prize. Keeping the body under is self-denial. You are deliberately doing something to achieve something. Somebody asked me how I am able to fast for many days and I replied that it is always very easy for me to do so because each time I want to start a long fast I just go to the calendar and count the number of days I want to go and I tell my stomach “look at that day very well, that is the next time we shall be talking about food” it is as simple as that.

To command supernatural situations, nothing goes for nothing. You have to engage in spiritual exercises;

“Howbeit this kind goeth out but by prayer and fasting” Matthew 17:21.

If Jesus said “Men ought to pray and not to faint” (Luke 18:1), it is very obvious that prayer covers a wide range of issues that should keep one very vigilant. It is in the place of prayer that there is a guarantee of continuous Open Heavens for every child of God.  At the same time, there are many people who have lost many opportunities because of their understanding of the significance of prayer in commanding the release of their heart desires. Fasting is not just a religious exercise as some think. When you engage in fasting, you are equipping yourself with strong weapons to counter every attack of the wicked ones and take your victory in every battle of life. When faith is actively coupled with prayer and fasting, there is nothing that can stop your prayers from being answered. Every barrier that wants to stand on your way will always give in like we observed in the case of Daniel with the prince of Persia.

Key Point
Fasting and prayer is a combined spiritual weapon that commands the miraculous.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:06am On Aug 26, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 26th August, 2016.
THREE DIMENSIONAL WICKEDNESS.

Memorise
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
- Genesis 3:6.

Read: 1 John 2:15.
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

The title of today’s devotion invites us to have a three dimensional view of wickedness as we consider today’s Bible reading and memory verse. If we only glance at this passage superficially, we will not see what God is showing us or get a good enough grasp of the message it contains. According to our memory verse, you will notice that Adam and Eve based their decision squarely on feelings to the exclusion of the Spirit of God that was resident in them. They found the forbidden fruit to be good for food and therefore for the nourishment of the body. Since it was pleasant to the eyes they thought it will satisfy the longing of the soul, and make one wise, hereby satisfying a human’s egoistic ambition to be like God. These are indeed the three dimensions of wickedness that led to the fall. The first human beings abused their God-given freedom by those rebellious acts against God. The word of God in 2 Corinthians 11:3 says;

“But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.”

The above passage shows that the fall of Adam and Eve was not out of ignorance, but due to carelessness and a carefree attitude towards the devil. First, they were familiar with the devil to the point of having a rapport with him. Secondly, they were reasoning with the devil on his terms without any recourse for God or His commandments. Thirdly, they were so relaxed; they didn’t realize they were being setup for destruction by the devil. Unfortunately, the Church of the 21st century seems not to have learnt any lesson from this example, as we currently exhibit worse simplicity and complacency than that which got Adam and Eve into trouble. Christians now accommodate and even defend those sins that were specifically condemned in the Bible. Will you dance with the devil or STAND FOR JESUS?

Prayer Point
Father, I refuse to fall for any form of three dimensional wickedness, please help me to stand firm in You.

Hymn 9: My Faith Has Found A Resting Ground.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 12:04am On Aug 27, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 27th August, 2016.
DIVINE KNOWLEDGE AS A WEAPON.

Memorise
Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing; but he revealeth His secret unto his servants the prophets.
- Amos 3:7.

Read: 2 Kings 6:8-13.
8 Then the king of Syria warred against Israel, and took counsel with his servants, saying, In such and such a place shall be my camp.
9 And the man of God sent unto the king of Israel, saying, Beware that thou pass not such a place; for thither the Syrians are come down.
10 And the king of Israel sent to the place which the man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself there, not once nor twice.
11 Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel?
12 And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.
13 And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is in Dothan.

There is power in the glorious presence of God where many wonderful things take place, including having access to great revelations and instructions which makes living pleasant. God is supreme and He is the power behind all that happens in the deep and secret places. God will not do anything without informing His prophets. The prophet of God is a messenger of the Most-High God. From the passage for today, we can see that over and over again, the Syrian aggression against the children of Israel kept leading to the defeat of the Syrian army. It reoccurred to a point in which the King of Syria knew there was a problem somewhere, he came to the conclusion that there must be a traitor somewhere who was revealing all their military tactics to the Israelites. In the long run, they discovered that there was an unseen prophet in the background who was counselling the King of Israel from time to time about the plots of the Syrian army. I decree into your life; all the weapons of the enemy against you shall be exposed in Jesus’ name. There is nothing as great as hearing from God because it helps you avoid many great mistakes in life, and helps you to do great things for God in life. When you are in partnership with God, He will always speak to you concerning things to come before they eventually happen. You will have access to certain classified information and this will help you to maintain your stand against all odds. Knowledge is an important tool and is key to the life of a believer. This is what separated Daniel in the kingdom of Babylon and he became a reference point for different kings in different situations. Daniel had access to vital information which separated him from the crowd.

When you have access to the knowledge of God, nothing will trouble you because you are aware of those things before hand. Understanding gives you the privilege to know the mind of God. When you don’t have access to divine knowledge, it can lead to a lot of suffering and hardship. If you want to have access to this divine knowledge, you must purpose in your heart not to defile yourself with the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye and the pride of life. Those that will have access to information from God will be people who understand the heartbeat of God.

There is a God in Heaven that reveals to His children vital information from time to time, I always tell my children that if they have enough of God’s presence in their lives, demons will have no power over them, because the activities of the demons will be revealed and destroyed before they are even executed. Right from my early years as General Overseer, I had learnt the secret of victory by spending time in the presence of God, and each time I am in His presence, He reveals deep things to me about different situations of life. I want to implore you to decide to spend enough time in His presence, and you will see the devil fleeing from your life. In His presence there is full disclosure of all the activities of the devil so that you live your life in constant victory.

Prayer Point
Father, remove everything hindering me from hearing from You.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 28th August, 2016.
UNUSUAL MESSENGERS.

Memorise
And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.
- 1 Kings 17:4.

Read: 1 Kings 17:1-5.
1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.
2 And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying,
3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.
5 So he went and did according unto the word of the Lord: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

Messengers are stewards often sent to speak, act, or deliver a message on behalf of their master. In addition to the angelic beings that God normally sends as messengers to speak, deliver messages, or carry our specific assignments, He also uses humans and other living or non-living beings as messengers. The purpose of God’s legitimate messengers is always to inform, enable, protect, empower, and guide the people of God. But they are sent occasionally to purnish. I pray that you will never do anything to provoke divine judgment in Jesus’ name. The most prominent among God’s messengers are Prophets, humans and angelic beings. However, unusual messengers are sometimes deployed by God to carry out special assignments. 1 Kings 17:4-6 says,

“And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there…And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening, and he drank of the brook.”

In the above passage, the most unusual messengers -ravens were the stewards sent to provide food for Elijah in the wilderness. Ravens are large heavily built carnivorous birds of the corvine family. God used a great fish, gourd plant, worm and a vehement east wind as unusual messengers to teach Jonah the lesson of his life in Jonah 4:6-8. He used another unusual messenger to play an important role in the story of Balaam in Numbers 22:19-35. Numbers 22:27-28 says;

“…and Balaam’s anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff. And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?”

The use of supernatural beings and natural elements as God’s messengers therefore underscores God as the Lord of Hosts, with the special ability to make all things work in favour of His beloved children. Therefore, give your life to Jesus today, and become one of God’s beloved. Then you can be sure that all things will begin to work together for your good according to the Word of God in Romans 8:28.

Prayer Point
Father, please command all things to work together for my good and the fulfilment of my destiny in the name of Jesus.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:36am On Aug 29, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 29th August, 2016.
THE GREAT INVITATION.

Memorise
Come now, and let us reason together saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow: though they be red crimson, they shall be as wool.
- Isaiah 1:18.

Read: Matthew 11:28-30.
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

There are numerous invitations we receive during the course of our lifetime, but there is an invitation that changes the life of a person permanently and that invitation is only found in Jesus. Sometimes, people can invite you to great occasions where you dine and wine with very important people in the society but that does not put an end to the trouble you are going through as an individual. You dine with them, but upon returning to your private closet, you carry your problems again. However, when you respond to the invitation of Jesus, He solves all your problems. This is why you cannot afford to respond inappropriately to this invitation. With this invitation, you come as you are. Present yourself to Him the way you are and let Him turn your life around. This is why the invitation of Jesus is the greatest of all invitations; it is also unique because He has all the power and the resources to turn any situation around. No matter how blessed an individual is, there is a limit to how many people he can help. No matter how buoyant your organisation is, there is no CEO that can employ everyone in a country. Jesus is the only employer who can pay everyone that comes under His government. There is no restriction, it is open to all.

This invitation is to those who live under the stress and turmoil of his world. He wants to deliver them from all their troubles. There are those who have problems with their spiritual life. Jesus is available to release grace and mercy in the state of their spiritual poverty. There are people living under the bondage of emotions and religion, Jesus wants to set them free and deliver them from all their battles both within and without. There are many people who are struggling on the inside. When you see them, they appear alright but they have troubles, fears, worries, anxieties and depression. Jesus is calling you to come to Him. He wants to remove the yoke that the devil and His agents have put on you. He wants to uproot every plant that He has not planted in your life. He wants to deliver you from the burdens of this world that causes frustration and depression. However, you must submit to Him before He can be of help to you.

It does not matter how far you have gone into the world of sin, Jesus is calling you to come. There is no sinner without a future and there is no saint without a past but in Jesus everything becomes new;

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away, behold all things are become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17.

One finds peace and rest of mind by understanding that his sins are forgiven by the grace of God through the blood of Jesus that was shed on the cross of Calvary, because where there is no shedding of blood there is no remission for sins. You can cast all your worries and anxiety on Jesus; it is part of your redemption right because all those troubles have been exchanged for peace through His death. However, you must know that the glory of God is His holiness. His dwelling is in holiness. His way is holy and the invitation to us is not an invitation to lawlessness but an invitation to holiness.

Key Point
There is no sin that is beyond the redemption at cross.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 29, 2016
Thank you.God bless you
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:37am On Aug 31, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 31st August, 2016.
HOW TO OVERCOME FEAR.

Memorise
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day.
- Psalms 91:5.

Read: Psalms 91:1-9.
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

God has a reservoir of power to protect His children each time they are in trouble. This is why there is nothing as good as making God the source of your power. God is the most secure place to keep your life. There are many conflicts in this world, there are many happenings that cause fear but we are sure and confident of our victory through the blood that was shed on the cross of Calvary. God is the one who can deliver us from all the dangers of life when we trust in Him. God is the Secret Place that keeps one from the enemy. I decree into your life; those who want to attack you will fall into destruction in Jesus’ name. Those who put their trust in God have nothing to fear.

As far as God is concerned, fear is not allowed for His children. You cannot have God as your father and live in fear, because the spirit of fear is not part of your destiny as a child of God. Your portion is the spirit of boldness and a sound mind. Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego did not give in to fear because they knew that the God they serve will never let them down and they demonstrated this boldness before the king and all the people by not bowing before the image of the king. They overcame their fear with their conviction in the Almighty God. The king made the furnace seven times hotter, yet they were not afraid, neither did they change their minds, because they knew God will wait for them inside the fiery furnace. For a reader of this devotional, I prophecy into your life; all those arrows that the enemies are throwing in order to put fear into your heart shall lead to your promotion in Jesus’ name. When it appears that you are dropping and about to hit the ground, just remember that His everlasting hand is waiting to lift you up.

The children of Israel were afraid of the giants in the land they were to possess. They saw themselves as grasshoppers before the giants because they suddenly forgot that the same God that opened a path for them to cross through the red sea was the same God that wanted them to overrun the land. You need to trust God and never doubt His promises. The moment you doubt God, you are challenging His ability and existence. Those who doubt God usually pay for it and it is not always pleasant. As chicks flee for safety under the wings of the hen, so must we run to the protection of God. There are numerous dangers around, but we know that the God we serve and the power in His Word delivers us from all dangers and fears. As we set our minds on Him, all those things that cause us to worry are taken care of. He will give answers to pressing prayers. He will deliver those who are threatened with different kinds of trouble. He will give you long life by keeping you in perfect health. This is why I want to tell a user of this devotional whose medical report indicates a limited time to live; the Almighty God will change such report in your favour in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, I receive victory over every fear and doubt in my life in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 2:29am On Sep 01, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 1st September, 2016.
NO ROOM FOR THE DEVIL.

Memorise
Abstain from all appearance of evil.
-1 Thessalonians 5:22.

Read: Psalms 15:1-5.
1 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
5 He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

‘Looking unto Jesus’ are three very important words of salvation, encouragement and direction for daily Christian living. Nicodemus, in his search for the true God and eternal life, approached Jesus for possible understanding. The Lord Jesus made the new birth very plain by using an Old Testament illustration of the fiery serpents of brass put on a pole for the Israelite's to look upon as recorded in the book of Numbers 21:8-9.

The fall of Adam and Eve, and the temptation of Jesus Christ, exposes humanity to two important realities among many others. First of all, the devil is out to destroy all human beings without exception. Secondly, the devil cannot do a perfect Job at destroying a person without the consensual agreement of that individual. Consequently, the devil seeks the permission of an individual to have the access required to destroy his life. That is why the Bible in Ephesians 4:27, admonishes us not to give way to the devil.

Moreover, the devil does not make this request directly; neither does he require a clear answer from anyone. The language of the devil is always implied and shrouded in ambiguity, such that no one is ever fully aware of the implications of any transaction with the devil until reality dawns on them. For these reasons, children of God should be mindful of their responses to any proposal by the devil because ordinary interest is usually taken as consent or approval by the devil. Men and women who showed interest in various proposals of the devil in the past were soon captured and enslaved to the point of being addicted to such harmful practices like alcoholism, gambling, illicit sex, hard drugs, prostitution, etc. For these reasons, the Bible outlines several ways in which believers should respond to the devil. Evil is to be avoided at all cost as indicated in Psalms 1:1
“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful”.

And in Proverbs 4:14:
“Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.”

And 1 Thessalonians 5:22 says:
“Abstain from all appearance of evil.”

Evil is to be hated with passion and resisted with everything we have in line with proverbs 1:10:
“My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.”
And James 4:7,
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

Above all, children of God should pray every day in response to evil, Matthew 6:13 says,
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil”.

I pray that you will not be a victim of evil in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please keep evil far away from me and my entire family in Jesus name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 12:02am On Sep 02, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 2nd September, 2016.
HIS ALMIGHTINESS!

Memorise
Thou art the God that doest wonders: Thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
- Psalms 77:14.

Read: Psalms 107:1-9.
1 O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;
3 And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.
4 They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.
5 Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.
6 Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.
7 And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.
8 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
9 For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

The Bible presents the name of God as the cumulative self-disclosure of God to His people. Therefore, the name of God and the person of God are inseparably related. As a matter of fact, wherever the Scripture mentions God by any of His names, it is an attempt to invoke God in His fullness. When we call on the name of God, God is worshiped and adored (Genesis 21:33), when a people forget the name of God, they lose His presence (Jeremiah 23:27), and when we take the name of God in vain, God is personally profaned and offended (Exodus 20:7).

‘The Almighty’ is one of the popular names ascribed to God to showcase His divine strength. The strength of God is made known in creation, providence, redemption, and the empowering of believers to do exploit in this world. Psalms 19:1 says:

“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handy work.”

The Bible reveals that the almightiness of God could be clearly seen in nature and understood through the complex design of the things that were created. It is a wonder to observe the world with its archaeology, geography, animals and human inhabitants. It is more breath-taking to consider the design and operations of the universe as a well ordered whole, where celestial bodies of humongous sizes and weights are revolving around their stars at a frightening speed and accuracy. One cannot help but imagine the awesomeness of the Almighty designer and creator of the universe.

All power in Heaven and on earth belongs to God, and He is unquestionable. His almightiness in providence gives Him the prerogative to do as He pleases. Psalms 135:6 says;

“Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.”
The book of Daniel 4:35 went on to proclaim that,

“And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?”

God is Almighty in redemption according to Exodus 6:6 and Ephesians 1:19, which both talk about the exceeding greatness of His power that delivered Israel from slavery in Egypt and raised Jesus Christ from the dead. His Almightiness is further revealed in Revelations 6:15:

“And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.”

Everything in creation is subject to His Almighty power and He has made these available to all that will accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour. Are you faced with challenges beyond your ability? Ask for the divine support of the Almighty.

Prayer Point
Father, please let Your awesome power begin to work in my favour today in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 2:58am On Sep 03, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 3rd September, 2016.
JOY COMETH IN THE MORNING.

Memorise
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
-Psalms 30:5.

Read: Psalms 30:1-5.
1 I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
2 O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
3 O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
4 Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Joy is a positive human condition that wells up from deep inside the soul and usually reflects in human action. The Bible uses joy both as a feeling and an action. Joy as a feeling is called forth by well-being, success, or good fortune. A person automatically experiences joy as a result of certain favourable circumstances. This kind of joy cannot be commanded, something must happen to activate the feeling of Joy. For example in Matthew 18:13, the shepherd had a feeling of joy. when he found his lost sheep. In Luke 13:17, the multitude was joyful when Jesus healed a Jewish woman whom Satan had bound for 18 years. Also in Luke 24:52, the disciples returned to Jerusalem rejoicing after Jesus’ ascension to Heaven.

Furthermore, Paul mentioned his joy in hearing about the obedience of the Roman Christians in Romans 16:19. All these confirm joy as a feeling.

On the other hand, joy as an action is the kind of joy that the Scripture commands. The kind of joy can be engaged in, regardless of how a person feels; the Bible calls it the joy of the Lord. In Psalms 137:1-4, the Jews on exile were unable to entertain their captors with music because of their obvious sadness; their feeling was contrary to joy. You could experience the joy of the Lord regardless of your personal feelings and in whatever circumstance you may find yourself. Jesus instructed His disciples to rejoice when they were persecuted, reviled, and slandered according to Matthew 5:11-12.

James 1:2 tells Christians to count it all joy when they fall into various trials because such trials produce endurance. Therefore, this makes joy in adverse circumstances possible only as a gift of God for God’s children. In this regard, Psalms 30:5 says:

“For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.”

The coming of joy in the morning is such a powerful concept considering what night and morning stand for. Night symbolizes a period of darkness, evil, insecurity, and uncertainty. Morning signifies a new beginning and renewed hope. The morning light uncovers events of the night and provides opportunity and for renewed daily activity. Lamentations 3:22-23 tells us that God’s love, mercies, favour and compassion are made available for the benefit of Christians daily. I therefore decree; despite what you may be passing through, your hour of darkness will soon pass away, and joy will become your permanent companion in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please let there be a new dawn of joy, peace and prosperity in my life in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 5:52am On Sep 04, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 4th September, 2016.
DIVERSITY OF GIFTS BUT THE SAME SPIRIT.

Memorise
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.
- Ephesians 4:12.

Read: 1 Corinthians 12:1-7.
1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

The Kingdom of God on earth, the Body of Christ, or the Church are synonyms that symbolize an organized Christian population worldwide or a group of Christians in a particular location. The management and administration of the Church in the twenty-first century, calls for diverse skills and talents required to administer any civil organisation. These skills consist that of professionals and artisans from various works of life including: public administration, accounting, engineering, law, etc. The Scripture provides examples of individuals who have been equipped to carry out tasks or responsibilities of professional nature. Exodus 31:2-4 says:
“See, I have called by name Bezaleel the Son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, to devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass.”

It should be noted here that the deployment of skills for the construction of the tabernacle, production of interior decorations, fabrication of garments and worship utensils, were considered as spiritual assignments. God in His infinite wisdom has deliberately endowed men and women, young and old, with special gifts and abilities for the work of the ministry. Consequently, the deployment of every gift in the service of God should not be viewed as secular only, but as a spiritual assignment that requires spiritual commissioning to ensure success. Also, Christians should view their gifts and special abilities as deliberate endowments from God for the primary purpose of promoting the work of the ministry. 1 Corinthians 12:7 says:
“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.”

I pray that your service in the House of God will be a blessing to the Body of Christ and will be profitable to God in Jesus’ name.

Using myself as an example, I consider it a great honour to be counted worthy as vessel of honour in the hands of the Almighty God. It is also an unmerited favour because everyone that has yielded himself to be used of God in any capacity has been mightily blessed in return. I am thankful to God for how far He has used my skills, education and expertise; I also pray that my service will bring maximum profit to the Kingdom of God in Jesus’ name. What about you?

Prayer Point
Father, please pour Your spiritual gifts upon me and use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 12:47am On Sep 05, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 5th September, 2016.
THE GOOD SIDE OF WEALTH.

Memorise
The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
- Proverbs 22:7.

Read: 1 Chronicles 4:9-10.
9 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.
10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

Wealth is generally interpreted as the abundance of goods or money. However, Biblical reference to wealth is always within the framework of economic, social, cultural, spiritual and political settings of the people. Therefore, terms such as ‘rich’ and ‘poor’ are relative to the context in which they are used in the Bible. Wealth is mostly attached to people or nations but the Bible also mentioned wealthy individuals such as Abraham, Job, David, Solomon, the Queen of Sheba, etc. The New Testament Bible occasionally mentioned wealthy individuals such as Joseph of Arimathaea, the rich man in Luke 16:1, Cornelius in Acts 10, Prisca and Aquila, etc.

However, positive references to wealth are few in the Bible; references to personal wealth almost always carries some negative implication. Many statements of Jesus could be viewed as unfair criticisms of wealth. In Mark 10:23-25, He said it is extremely difficult for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God. In Mark 4:19, He said the quest for wealth chokes God’s Word. Matthew 6:24 and some other Scriptures says, one cannot serve God and Mammon. In Luke 21:1-4, a poor widow is more generous than rich people. 1 Timothy 6:10 declares that the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. To wrap it up, Luke 6:24 concludes by saying “woe to you who are rich”.

Revelation 3:17:18 says;
“Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed…”

However, there is a good side to wealth, having material prosperity or being wealthy is not a ticket to hell after all. God has created an abundance of good things for human enjoyment, but those who have material wealth should understand the true nature of earthly riches and acknowledge God as the source of all blessings. Hence, riches should be thankfully received, and Christians must value Heavenly riches more than earthly wealth. Those that are wealthy in this world must be generous to the poor and ensure that their hearts are not set on their wealth. Finally, in appreciation to God for His blessings, they should devote their riches to God’s service by sponsoring the gospel and the work of the ministry.

Prayer Point
Father, please send poverty far away from me and make me a divine treasure.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:25am On Sep 06, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 6th September, 2016.
THE LORD IS IN CHARGE.

Memorise
The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
- Psalms 21:1.

Read: Daniel 4:30-35.
30 The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?
31 While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee.
32 And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.
33 The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.
34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:
35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

To be in charge or in control is the exercise of authority and restraint over individuals, events, situations, or circumstances of life. The Bible stresses the fact that God is sovereign over all creation; He has absolute authority and control over everything in Heaven and on earth. But a limited degree of control over creation is delegated to humanity. However, man has gained tremendous knowledge of the universe over time and this has translated to an increased level of authority and control over situations and circumstances in life. Man has acquired advanced knowledge in computer science, geography, medicine, mathematics, genetic engineering, archaeology, and space technology, to mention but few. As a result of these achievements, humanity has wrongly assured that they are the master of the universe and therefore in ultimate charge.

Contrary to this human belief, the Bible teaches that God controls the affairs of Heaven and earth.

Deuteronomy 4:39 says:
“Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.”

Also, Daniel 4:35 says;
“And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, what doest thou?”

From these passages, it is clear that God is unquestionable; He does as He pleases in the distribution of His mercies, blessings, and favour. He gives strength, He makes great, He promotes, He gives knowledge and wisdom, all at His pleasure.

The Lord controls human hearts, He controls time and seasons, He removes kings and sets up others in their place. He controls the weather and fixes human destiny (Daniel 2:22). He is the source of every creation, the Fountain of life, the Channel of goodness from whom all blessings flow. All hail the true Master of the universe, the Redeemer of human kind and the Saviour of the whole world.

Matthew 25:34 says:
“Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:”

Prayer point
Father, please silence every opposition to Your authority as the master of the universe in my life in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:40am On Sep 07, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 7th September, 2016.
HE SHALL SURELY RETURN.

Memorise
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
- Acts 1:11.

Read: Acts 1:8-11.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

One of the chief messages of the Bible is that Jesus Christ will return visibly and in glory at the end of history. First to raise the dead, judge the world, and then destroy all evil and opposition to God. He will thereafter consummate His kingdom. Christians are encouraged to be prepared for the second coming of Jesus Christ with eagerness and joy. Several passages of the Old Testament Bible predicted the second coming of Jesus, Daniel 7:13-14 says:

“…one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven…And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”

Also, several passages of the New Testament Bible foretold the second coming of Jesus. In Acts 1:11, two angels announced the second coming of Christ by saying:

“…Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

However, because at least two thousand years have passed without the actual fulfilment of this prophecy, unbelievers and Christians alike are beginning to doubt the reality or possibility of rapture or the second coming of Jesus Christ. Brethren, do not be deceived, JESUS IS COMING BACK AGAIN. This truth is very important to the continued relevance of the Church of God in general and that of the Redeemed Christian Church of God in particular. Focusing on the second coming of Jesus Christ should be our duty, in order to realign the worldview and mindset of Christians and unbelievers alike with the Word of God. The matter is settled in Heaven and the earth has witnessed the fulfilment of almost all the signs of the end time as recorded in the Word of God.

We are witnesses to the increased knowledge, false prophets, wars and rumours of wars, famines, and earthquakes, the re-gathering of the nation of Israel, man’s inhumanity to man, extreme wickedness, and diverse forms of immorality. The second coming of Jesus will occur unexpectedly at God’s appointed time. Be warned, be watchful and be ready.

Prayer Point
Father, please give me the grace not to get weary while waiting for Your second coming in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 12:23am On Sep 08, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 8th September, 2016.
DO YOU NEED DELIVERANCE?

Memorise
And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
- Mark 16:17.

Read: James 5:13-15.
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Deliverance implies the rescue or liberation of a person from danger, suffering, bondage and sin. It also indicates freedom from people, forces or circumstances that are overwhelming. Sometimes, deliverance involves the expulsion of an evil spirit or spirits from a person. Deliverance focuses on captives, prisoners of war, slaves, debtors, suspected criminals, deportees, exiles, condemned sinners, and the oppressed. These people are often treated with great cruelty and indignity. Another focus of deliverance includes individuals dominated by the influence of a demon. Deliverance should be taken seriously; many are presently suffering due to ignorance of the influence of the devil in their lives.

Being a victim is especially pathetic because it is quite difficult and practically impossible for anyone in this situation to make any progress in life or be delivered by self-help. Consequently, experiences of stagnancy, failure, fruitlessness, sickness, misfortune, etc., are possible indications that deliverance is required. I prophecy into the life of a user of this devotional that is experiencing any of these evil conditions, you shall be delivered today in Jesus’ name. Incidentally, hope for deliverance is certain because there is a powerful Saviour and Deliverer, His name is Jesus. All power in Heaven and on earth belongs to Him. Every person and circumstance of life is subject to His authority, and demons are powerless before Him. Matthew 17:18 says;
“And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.”

At the Word of Jesus or at the mention of His name by a disciple, demons flew out and people were delivered. Once again, I decree in the name of Jesus, receive deliverance from every form of bondage now. Matthew 10:1 says;
“And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.”

Do you need deliverance of any kind? Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, make every effort to avoid self-destructive behaviours of immorality and sin. Then seek a true disciple of Jesus with delegated power and authority over demons, who will call upon the name of Jesus for your deliverance. Intensive prayers with a word of command will dislodge the stronghold of the enemy in your life today in the name of Jesus.

Prayer Point
Father, please set me free from every bondage of the devil today in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:06am On Sep 09, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 9th September, 2016.
GODLINESS AND CONTENTMENT.

Memorise
But godliness with contentment is great gain.
-1 Timothy 6:6.

Read: 1 Timothy 6:6-10.
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Godliness implies a kind of reverence for or devotion to God which produces a practical awareness of God in every aspect of life. True godliness is a way of life that permeates every aspect of life, from appearances to actions. A godly person cannot help but transmit and radiate godliness in a way that anybody who comes in contact with him or her will immediately feel the presence of God. Consequently, deceptive godliness in speech or action is not compatible with the Word of God. According to 2 Timothy 3:5, apparent godliness may not be genuine; the passage calls it “Having a form of godliness”. Meanwhile Titus 2:11-12 says:
“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;”

From the above passage, it is clear that godliness can be interpreted as a measure of the level of sanctification of a child of God. The Bible in a few cases used the term “walking with God” to indicate the level of godliness of some fathers of faith. Examples of godliness in the Bible include Enoch in Genesis 5:24

“And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him”

And Noah in Genesis 6:9
“…Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.”

God demanded godliness from Abraham in Genesis 17:1
“…I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.”

And Abraham in turn confirmed compliance in Genesis 24:40 with the statement:
"...the Lord, before whom I work..."

Other examples of godliness include Simeon in Luke 2:25, Anna in Luke 2:37, and Cornelius in Acts 10:2.

Therefore, godliness is mandatory as an evidence of knowing God and being known by Him.

According to 1 Timothy 6:6, godliness should be accompanied by contentment. The Bible teaches that sorrow for sin is a sign of godliness and godly living demands self-discipline. The benefits of godliness cannot be over emphasised, 1 Timothy 4:8 tells us that godliness is profitable unto all things, both in this life and in eternity. Today’s memory verse emphasises that godliness with contentment brings great gain. It is also a sure defence against covetousness and all manners of trials and temptations which is the main source of backsliding and apostasy in the Church of God today. May the Lord have mercy!

Prayer Point
Father, please give me the grace to live above covetousness and greed in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:03am On Sep 10, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 10th September, 2016.
YOU NEED ENCOURAGEMENT.

Memorise
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
- John 16:33.

Read: 1 Kings 19:1-6.
1 And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword.
2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time.
3 And when he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which belongeth to Judah, and left his servant there.
4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.
5 And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat.
6 And he looked, and, behold, there was a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again.

Based on human experience, life is generally believed to be hard, laborious, burdensome, and full of sorrow. A combination of several factors may be responsible for the dilemma faced by human beings. First among these factors is recorded in Revelation 12:12:

“…Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath….”

And 1 Peter 5:8 followed up by saying:
“…your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.”
Furthermore, Genesis 3:17 says,
“…Cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life”

The implication of these passages on unregenerate human beings is so great that Job 14:1 had to say,
“…Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.”

When a higher responsibility such as marriage, parenthood, civil or spiritual leadership is added to the ordinary troubles of life, the result is better imagined than experienced. For the above reasons, every human being needs divine encouragement and support daily. In the Name that is above all other names, beginning from today, you will receive divine support and encouragement to carry on in life in Jesus’ name.

Indeed, God promises continual support for his people, particularly when they become weary, depressed or disillusioned. Several passages of the Bible affirmed God’s encouragement for His children. Moses, Joshua, Abraham, David, kings and prophets of Israel, our fathers and mothers of faith were not abandoned at critical moments in their lives. God was always there to give the required support and encouragement when it mattered most. This could be seen clearly in God’s pronouncement in Isaiah 41:10 that says,

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: Be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; Yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

However, Bible records show that we have a responsibility to carry out in order to merit God’s encouragement. You must first be born again and make meditation on the Word of God a habit (Joshua 1:8-9). Then you must invite the Holy Spirit who is the counsellor, into your life. Thereafter, you will begin to experience God’s encouragement. Isaiah 40:30-31, says that God’s encouragement brings renewed strength and an ability to do exploit. This is the secret of my success as the General overseer of the RCCG. I enjoy tremendous support and encouragement from the Almighty God always. It is only by His support and encouragement that any man can succeed.

Prayer Point
Father, please encourage and support me so that I may fulfil my destiny in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:41am On Sep 11, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 11th September, 2016.
SPIRITUAL SPECIALISATION.

Memorise
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
- Romans 12:3.

Read: 1 Corinthians 12:4-12.
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

God in His infinite wisdom specifically created the universe and everything in it with diversity in His mind. Consequently, the difference between people, their special gifts, needs and characters is obvious all through creation. Individualism stresses the differences between people and recognises the special gifts of individuals. Now the Bible teaches that the diverse gifts in the lives of individuals in the body of Christ are specifically designed to be used for the benefit of all. To this end, 1st Corinthian 12:4-6 say:

“Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.”

We are encouraged not to personalise God’s gifts in our lives, but rather to recognise that we are incomplete in ourselves and we need cooperation and fellowship with others in the body of Christ to function as a complete whole. God wants His children to live by this biblical injunction so that no one will be proud, and to enhance mutual respect in the Church of God, which will promote peace and unity in the body of Christ. Physical and spiritual development will go on unhindered. Passages of the Bible like Romans 12:6-8, would then become realistic and practicable:

“Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: for he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.”

One person operates in the word of wisdom, another is the word of knowledge; one is the gifts of healing, and yet another in the working of miracles and prophecy. They should cooperate with each other with the understanding that one and the selfsame Spirit is at work in each individual to accomplish the ultimate purpose of God.

Prayer Point
Father, please give me the unction to function with total humility and submission in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:06am On Sep 12, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 12th September, 2016.
THE ALMIGHTY GOD.

Memorise
For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all earth.
- Romans 9:17.

Read: Exodus 5:1-4.
1 And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.
2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the Lord, neither will I let Israel go.
3 And they said, The God of the Hebrews hath met with us: let us go, we pray thee, three days' journey into the desert, and sacrifice unto the Lord our God; lest he fall upon us with pestilence, or with the sword.
4 And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.

God is the creator of Heaven and earth. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and last, the one who knows all things and can do all things. All power in Heaven and on earth belongs to Him, which is why He is called the Almighty God. Though it is not possible for man to fully comprehend God, but a better understanding of His creative power, wisdom and authority can be made visible by considering the works of His hands according to Psalms 8:3-4:

“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; what is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?”

Consequent to the almightiness of God, whenever He says yes, one cannot help but wonder why anyone would try to oppose Him. But from time immemorial, human beings have been found in opposition to the Almighty God, all to their own detriment. Striving against God is the fruitless opposition of the ungodly to God’s will and purpose and to the struggle of the righteous as they seek to obey God’s commandments.

Many so-called Christians today are equally striving against God by holding a worldview that is contrary to the Word of God and by their sinful words and immoral actions. Incidentally, some are ignorantly striving against God like Apostle Paul in Acts 26:14
“And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.”

It does not matter what anybody may do, if God says yes, no one can say no. God says in Isaiah 46:10

“…My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.”

Also Proverbs 19:21 says:
“There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.”

Do not resist the Holy Spirit, or be found arguing with God. Don’t ever try to attack God’s people or practice unbelief, lest you be found guilty of striving against God.

Prayer Point
Father, please don’t let me ever be found in opposition to Your Word in Jesus’ name.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:26am On Sep 13, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 13th September, 2016.
CHILD BY GRACE.

Memorise
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- John 1:12.

Read: 1 John 3:1-3.
1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

The reference to Christians as children of God by the New Testament describes their status and privileges as the adopted children of God. By this, believers are no longer slaves but children of God by grace. In this respect, Galatians 4:7-9 says:
“Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ”

And Romans 8:15 says:

“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

These Bible passages confirm that Christians are children of God by grace and not by merit. I pray that the grace of Abba Father will always be available to work in your favour in Jesus’ name.

Ephesians 2:8-9 says our salvation is entirely by grace, not works. This is why God chooses the most unlikely people for Heavenly assignments, Just like He chose a persecutor like Saul as a divine vessel (Acts 9:10-18). If it wasn’t for grace, many of us would never have been called to salvation, much more become servants of the Most-High God. In Jeremiah 1:4-5, God told his great prophet that he was chosen even before he developed as a foetus in his mother’s womb. Before His birth, he had been ordained. God has blessed many with beautiful talents and abilities, and when they engage such talents, you would be amazed at the results they will birth. As the Potter, He is free to do what He likes with His clay (Romans 9:20-21). He may decide to give someone a beautiful voice, while He gives hands that can play the guitar or piano to somebody else. What is most important is yielding totally to the Lord and allowing Him to have His way in your life. Has the Lord endowed you with some talents or unique abilities? Are you effectively and effectually employing them in serving Him? Always remember that you were chosen not because you are special, but by grace. You are a product of divine choice, so learn to glorify God in everything you do. 1 John 3:1-2 says:

“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”

Being called children of God is a privilege that changed our status from darkness to light; we are now led by the spirit of God to do His will. We have also become heirs of God (Romans 8:17). We are fellow citizens with the saints and household of God.

Prayer Point
Father, please let me enjoy the grace of sonship forever in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:42am On Sep 14, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 14th September, 2016.
WELL GROUNDED?

Memorise
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love.
Ephesians 3:17.

Read: Matthew 13:3-9.
3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

To be well grounded is to be stable, firm and immovable. Stability is the state of being in a firm or unwavering situation, whether spiritually, physically, or emotionally. Stability is an important element of a settled life before God. God is popularly called Everlasting Rock, the Rock of Ages. God is very stable and dependable; you can completely rest in His love. That is why Hebrews 13:8 says:

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.”

Therefore, stability in the life of Christians is based on God’s unchanging nature. 2 Samuel 7:16 says:

“And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.”

Stability is required in order to resist and repel spiritual assault by the enemy, stability depends upon firmness of faith, and stability is a very important aim of the Christian ministry. An unstable Christian is a baby in the Lord who is yet to find his or her proper footing. Whenever they are exposed to the misbehaviour of other Christians, especially those considered as more mature than they are, it shakes them to the foundation of their belief. They usually look up to fellow men or women as their perfect examples, and therefore put much premium on such people. Consequently, the fall of such individuals may affect them to the point of taking a decision to stop serving God. They are easily tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine according to Ephesians 4:14:

“That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;”

Are you well grounded in the faith? Are you stable and dependable? Are you settled in your mind about important doctrines of the Bible? Or are you a confused person that is not very sure of what you believe? One of the terrible weaknesses of unstable Christians is the danger of falling victim to fake prophets and false teachers. Some have many ‘fathers and mothers in the Lord’; they are therefore eating regularly from different spiritual pots, making themselves victims of doctrinal confusion. I pray that God will establish you and plant your feet on the Rock of Ages forever in Jesus’ name.

Prayer Point
Father, please make me immovable, plant my feet on the Rock forever in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 7:22am On Sep 15, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 15th September, 2016.
YOU ARE NOT CONDEMNED.

Memorise
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
- 1 John 3:20.

Read: Genesis 3:6-10.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

Self-condemnation is a natural phenomenon that feeds on the human awareness of guilt. In the book of Genesis 3:10, Adam and Eve disobeyed God and without anyone scolding them, they were condemned in their hearts:

“And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.”

Self-condemnation is not the same as sorrow for sin. Sorrow for sin leads to repentance but self-condemnation leads to fear, inferiority complex and low self-esteem. The Bible teaches that God has offered us forgiveness of sin through the death of Jesus Christ. Self-condemnation produces feelings of shame, disgrace, fear, terror, and depression, according to Ezra 9:6, that says:

“…O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens”

And Isaiah 6:5:

“Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.”

Self-condemnation could sometimes be very dangerous in cases where it develops into depression, because it has succeeded in sending some people to their early graves. In Matthew 27:5, Judas Iscariot suffered from serious guilt and self-condemnation,

“And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.”

May the Lord deliver a user of this devotional suffering from guilt and self-condemnation today in Jesus’ name. Furthermore, 2 Corinthians 7:10 says:

“For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.”

The sorrow of the world is synonymous with guilt and self-condemnation, the Bible says it brings death. Guilt defiles human life, produces feelings of anguish, despair, shame and disgrace. Guilt also produces feelings of unworthiness as in the case of the prodigal son in Luke 15:21. In the Name that is above all other names, the power of self-condemnation is broken in your life today.

Prayer Point
Father, please let Your perfect love drive away every iota of self-condemnation in my life in the name of Jesus.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 6:50am On Sep 16, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 16th September, 2016.
THE SOURCE OF SATISFACTION.

Memorise
But godliness with contentment is great gain.
- 1 Timothy 6:6.

Read: 1 Timothy 6:3-11.
3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Satisfaction is a state of contentment or fulfilment that only God can bring into reality. The scripture advocates that children of God should cultivate contentment. We are therefore expected to be contented spiritually, financially, materially and in our marriages. We should be contented with the things and people that God has put around us. Satisfaction is made possible as a result of God’s good provision made available through the atoning death of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ecclesiastes 3:13 says:
“And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.”

The above passage indicates that contentment or satisfaction is a gift from God; it does not develop from the desire of man. As a matter of fact Ecclesiastes 5:10 says,
“He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.”

Covetousness and accumulation of wealth has its attendant problems. One of such problems is a lack of satisfaction. Those who love money will never be satisfied with what they have, no matter how much they have, they will continue to desire more. I once had a friend, who at the age of 70 had so much money in one of his several bank accounts; he could not exhaust it for another 200 years. Whenever you visit him, you will meet him planning to invest some more. The rich are ever striving with each other. They will say, “Mr. A has just built another house or bought another car, I must follow suit”. They are never satisfied. Satisfaction is a precious virtue that every believer must have. Are you caught in the rat race for earthly possession? Ask God to give you satisfaction or contentment without which that wealth will become a deadly trap.

Whenever wealth comes as a blessing within the context of holiness and the fear of God, such wealth is always accompanied by contentment or satisfaction. This is why Psalms 17:15 says:
“As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.”

Because the source of the blessing is God, satisfaction is naturally inclusive in the package. 1 Timothy 6:6-8 goes on to say:
“But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.”

This passage show that a child of God should be more concerned about the source of blessing and the attending satisfaction than accumulation of wealth.

Prayer Point
Father, You are my Source, please let my prosperity come with contentment in Jesus’ name.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional, 2016. by Howoheye: 5:57am On Sep 17, 2016
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 17th September, 2016.
SPIRITUALLY MOTIVATED?

Memorise
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
- Romans 8:37.

Read: Romans 8:33-39.
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Motivation is the act of providing someone with a reason to act in a certain way. Christians can motivate or encourage one another to have greater confidence in God and to be very bold in living out their faith. Spiritual motivation drives away the spirit of fear and helps to develop the boldness required for the correct application of God’s Word to life situations. No leader can achieve anything without boldness. It takes courage to follow God. It takes courage to obey God. Anyone who lacks courage will be full of fear. If you are afraid, you cannot take any progressive stride.

A hireling fears and hides when the sheep is confronted by wolves because he thinks of his safety before anything else. A shepherd on the other hand is bold and resists any wolf even at the risk of his own life. In John 10:11, Jesus says,
“I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.”

A true shepherd is not afraid of danger. Some pastors or leaders are not available when their members are in distress; but that is when you should be there to stand with them in faith and prayer, and guide them properly. You cannot allow a strange beast to take advantage of your flock. You must fight all intruders and send them packing. This takes boldness; your ability to be bold in the face of danger enhances your power base. Some leaders are very chickenhearted. Every little situation gets them into a panic. Meanwhile, 2 Timothy 1:7 says,
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

Therefore, be spiritually motivated because the Spirit that God has deposited within you is of power and sound mind. 

Do you know that even great leaders suffer from fear? One outstanding leader with a great congregation in Bible times who lacked boldness was Joshua. As near perfect as he was, Joshua was afraid. He was afraid to stand in Moses’ shoes. He was afraid when he realised that he was asked to finish the assignment that his predecessor – Moses, with all the anointing to open and shut Heaven could not finish. He got scared whenever he thought of the sudden promotion he got from being a servant to a national leader with millions of followers. He was afraid when he remembered that he was called to lead an unruly congregation who were capable of revolting and stoning their leaders to death. Why are you afraid? Do not look at the nature of the assignment. Do not look at the size; do not look at the fierce looking faces. Do not focus on the situation of lack of resources. Focus on the One who has called you, He will see you through. Ask for the Spirit of boldness to manifest in every area of your life from today. The battle is already won and you are more than conqueror.

Prayer Point
Father, please give me the boldness to face all my fears in Jesus’ name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Masquerade Seen Quoting The Scriptures In Enugu State (Photos, Video) / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? / 8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 333
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.