Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) (31483 Views)

LASEMA Uses Crane To Rescue Man Stuck In Mud At 3rd Mainland Bridge(photos) / Iroko Tree Bursts Into Fire Itself In Lagos (Photo) / Dangote Truck Runs Into Cars, Burst Into Flames In Asaba, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by MRBrownJ: 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
Sagamite:

Help who?

And help with what? Your bare hands?

Stop where people are driving 60km/h and where there is no hard-shoulder?

Stopping to further exacerbate the traffic hold up?

bro, come on!!!!
1st these flames must be seen from far back so people will slow down
2nd so a car crashes in front of you, possible unconscious people trapped inside the car, and you will just go about your business?!
3rd who cares if the traffic is 10miles long (because you stopped to help) if you can possibly save a life?! oh yeah, i forgot, having a fluid traffic is much more important in Nigerian than possibly saving a life, right?

MOST IMPORTANTLY what would you want people to do if YOU had crashed and was possibly trapped/unconscious inside the car?! drive by while taking photos and making sure there is no hold ups?!
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Sunnypa11(m): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
I was there and also passed by that car
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Eldorado01(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
MRBrownJ:
and people are driving by, without any attempt whatsoever to help in any way.... kai!
what help do you think can be rendered to that vehicle at that state? what can only be done is preventing do fire from spreading
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Aremu01(m): 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
MRBrownJ:
and people are driving by, without any attempt whatsoever to help in any way.... kai!
If you were dr, what kinda help would you render?
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by 3kay945(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nigerians are becoming so heartless.... help for where sad
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Eesha: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
First off, the car did not overheat. It was an electrical issue that led to it burning.
Secondly, a whole lot of people stopped to help out wit teargas all to no avail. It started from the under and found its way inside so the gas could not properly get under for fear of it bursting into flame with people so close to it.

I just hope its comprehensively insured. If not, hard luck

1 Like

Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
rita25:
that's a lexus rx 350 oh!!!!!!!!!!!chai what a loss shocked

Thats no lexus rx 350. Thats a dodge caravan 2005 or so. Check the door handles and the rear lights shape plus the curve at the back. I used to own one so I know.
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by thunderbabs: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
MRBrownJ:

Who u tink say u be sef, Saviour abi? If na you, u go com down for d commuter bus turn superman bah…mk una no dey talk wetin una no fit do…always to quick to criticize.....taaahhh
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by just2endowed: 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
20bc:
Drivers these days has refused to check their radiator, instead they will be speeding up and down like F1......... cool

U are right. From a eye witness in a bus,that was driving behind the sienna car, , he stated that it was a young lady that was driving the sienna car and all of a sudden, the front of the car burst into flames and the car flip over severally on the road. Luckily the lady was pull out before the entire car finally caught up with fire.

3 Likes

Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
just2endowed:

U are right. From a eye witness in a bus,that was driving behind the sienna car, , he stated that it was a young lady that was driving the sienna car and all of a sudden, the front of the car burst into flames and the car flip over severally on the road. Luckily the lady was pull out before the entire car finally caught up with fire.

Oga even your eye witness does not know what he saw. Once again kindly look at the shell of the burning car... does it look like a sienna to you? Thats a dodge caravan

Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by rita25(f): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
ok oh dodge caravan owner ina gesua grin
naijadeyhia:

Thats no lexus rx 350. Thats a dodge caravan 2005 or so. Check the door handles and the rear lights shape plus the curve at the back. I used to own one so I know.
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by arsenal33: 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
APCcrimesHD:
bad roads everywhere.. after spending 9 months in power, is this all we get?

bubu is a criminal and must be locked up!

Pick up your admission letter at Yaba West
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
arsenal33:

Pick up your admission letter at Yaba West

grin epic.... but its Yaba left and not west sha. Good try bro.
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
MRBrownJ:

bro, come on!!!!
1st these flames must be seen from far back so people will slow down
2nd so a car crashes in front of you, possible unconscious people trapped inside the car, and you will just go about your business?!
3rd who cares if the traffic is 10miles long (because you stopped to help) if you can possibly save a life?! oh yeah, i forgot, having a fluid traffic is much more important in Nigerian than possibly saving a life, right?

MOST IMPORTANTLY what would you want people to do if YOU had crashed and was possibly trapped/unconscious inside the car?! drive by while taking photos and making sure there is no hold ups?!

With that level of fire, what am I stopping for?

If they are not out of that, they are already dead.

What equipment would I use to help while on 3rd Mainland Bridge?

In that kind of situation, you aint saving no life, you will just be risking adding yours to it. The best you can do is to call Fire Service, if there is a number for them.
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by darznets(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
chaloner:
In a sane country buhari would have resign honorably. Bad news everywhere
In a sane country, people like you should be in the zoo. There are reports of school shooting everytime in the US. Has Obama resigned? Is this the first time a car will burst into flame in Nigeria, did you call for the resignation of even the local govt chairman?
Your idiocy stinks to hell!

1 Like

Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by 20bc(m): 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
just2endowed:

Thanks.....

I remember when my neighbor use to shout at his wife to all check her radiator before leaving home...

It's not a matter of women alone sha, its about everybody whether man or woman...
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by erinalex: 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
chaloner:
In a sane country buhari would have resign honorably. Bad news everywhere
are u just realizing that nigeria is not a sane country or u'r only trying to be mischievous and being pained because of d emergence of PMB as d president ? U must be in self induced coma,when nigeria youths were duped & killed while looking 4 immigration job,during gej era. Your brothers that were awake then didn't ask gej to resign,all they did was to shift blames away from gej. And to think,u'll do this 4 d next 7yrs is pathetic. If u can't bear pMB,go to biafra. D best u can do is to abuse me;Finito.
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
who knows if the owner has sacrifice the car for evil purpose! at 10am in the morning, when everywhere is still cold. OK oh, no proper clue though. so make i lockup!
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by chaloner(m): 1:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
erinalex:
are u just realizing that nigeria is not a sane country or u'r only trying to be mischievous and being pained because of d emergence of PMB as d president ? U must be in self induced coma,when nigeria youths were duped & killed while looking 4 immigration job,during gej era. Your brothers that were awake then didn't ask gej to resign,all they did was to shift blames away from gej. And to think,u'll do this 4 d next 7yrs is pathetic. If u can't bear pMB,go to biafra. D best u can do is to abuse me;Finito.
#passing_with_my_blessings
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by nairaman66(m): 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
Looks like a Toyota picnic or sienna!
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by MRBrownJ: 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
just2endowed:

good to hear there ARE good samaritans out there

Aremu01:

If you were dr, what kinda help would you render?

thunderbabs:

Who u tink say u be sef, Saviour abi? If na you, u go com down for d commuter bus turn superman bah…mk una no dey talk wetin una no fit do…always to quick to criticize.....taaahhh

Eldorado01:
what help do you think can be rendered to that vehicle at that state? what can only be done is preventing do fire from spreading

Sagamite:

With that level of fire, what am I stopping for?
If they are not out of that, they are already dead.
What equipment would I use to help while on 3rd Mainland Bridge?
In that kind of situation, you aint saving no life, you will just be risking adding yours to it. The best you can do is to call Fire Service, if their is a number for them.

as much as the fire is huge now, i assume it started as just tiny flames, therefore help could be given.... and i will at least STOP and ask if any help is needed.

btw i ALWAYS have a big bottle of water in the car, so it could help the lady clean her face or throw it on her possible injuries.
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by MRBrownJ: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
Bisjosh:

Na Nigerians holy pass for Sundays and Fridays but with the wackiest mentality and non-chalant attitude.

i wonder if they believe anything they say/hear in church, or if it is just like a dream where they go through the motion like zombies.
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by tuzle(m): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
MRBrownJ:
people jst taLk any how. If u were on the bridge what will u hav done, reason bfore u speak
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by thunderbabs: 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
MRBrownJ:

good to hear there ARE good samaritans out there

as much as the fire is huge now, i assume it started as just tiny flames, therefore help could be given.... and i will at least STOP and ask if any help is needed.

btw i ALWAYS have a big bottle of water in the car, so it could help the lady clean her face or throw it on her possible injuries.

Seriously, water to wash face? U must be a joker. Why not use ur bottled water to save d car, fireman? Shitless!
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Daraph(m): 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
ndujekwu:
Same suspicious story..... F or F during "ember" month ::: Fire or Flood

Take heart dear own

How can there be flood in yuletide season when rain is scarce You this people self
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by MRBrownJ: 2:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
thunderbabs:

Seriously, water to wash face? U must be a joker. Why not use ur bottled water to save d car, fireman? Shitless!

did you miss the part where the female driver was already dragged out of the car safely?! that person wellbeing is what is important here, she could be dazed/burned etc... who gives a damn about the car?
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by kingdenny(m): 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
Laveda:
cry and some couldn't cross over? cry
Just few hours mehn!!! angry
Where are they crossing over to ?
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by Laveda(f): 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
kingdenny:

Where are they crossing over to ? grin
2016 cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by SailorXY: 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
rita25:
that's a lexus rx 350 oh!!!!!!!!!!!chai what a loss shocked
wrong.
More like Chrysler or Dodge Country
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by francotunsco: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
apoti:
This a very bad trend in Nigeria, that when tragedy struck, the first thing people do is not to call the emergency services or offer any help. What they do is to take pictures and record videos with phones to share on social media.

My brother in law was knocked down by a hit & run driver last month, and a large crowd gathered around him and taking photos for over 20 mins, with no help offered. Thank God for a family friend passing by who recognised him. The story would have been different.
I suppose you dont expect a Samarian on third mlnd bridge who would jump into the lagoon and fetch water to quench the readily red fire! I just wanna make a sense!
Re: Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) by emilyone(f): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
MRBrownJ:

Thats Lagosians for you..verry insensitive set of people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area / Dead Body Lying On Old Ota Road Alagbado (Photos) / VIO Official Attacks Man For Taking Pic Of Him Fighting Road User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.