Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,815 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria (15936 Views)

Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant / Gomyway Is Shutting Down Business Operations In Nigeria / Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down In Abuja, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by dantewest: 11:50am On Dec 31, 2015
There are about 4 types of vehicles plying Abuja roads. The super rides of our darling Senators (We are still waiting eagerly to see the cars they budgeted for themselves on the road), the private cars of ordinary Nigerians moving about with their business, public transport vehicles/trucks/whatnot then we have taxis.

Taxis in Abuja are also divided into 2. The popular white and green kabu kabu, drop or just plain taxi (depending on what you want to label them as) and the new age taxi managed by ecommerce giants such as Easy Taxi and the likes. There are a good number of taxi apps servicing Abuja, the taxi apps have been expensive but they still manage to serve a purpose with the teeming youth population eager to show class.

I visited Abuja in June, Debby, my on and off sweetheart invited me for a little vacation, on getting to Abuja, I was all smiles as she came to pick me up from the airport with a neat looking ride. The smile on my face was priceless, in my mind, I was thinking Debby has stepped up not only to have a neat ride, but also afford a driver. Well, my smile was more about finally meeting Debby after a really long time apart.

She screamed as she saw me, the way we were acting at the airport, you would have thought we were getting married the following day. After exchanging pleasantries, we got in the ride and the driver was like where are we heading to next. I almost said home, Debbie calmly gave the driver directions and cuddled right into my arms.

The ride was amazing and smooth, on getting to our destination, she promptly paid the dude, it was then it occurred to me that we were indeed in a taxi. Debbie went on and on about how taxi apps have been filling a huge need since inception. She told me that she felt really secured when ordering a taxi through the app, I was like, you use Uber too? Nope, Easy Taxi, not sure Uber is in Abuja yet though, was her reply.
As a Lagos boy, Easy Taxi is by no means a new name. I follow them on Facebook and Twitter, infact, I use them almost every other week, whenever I am going to places I don’t wanna stress my car with. This makes me a huge fan of the brand.

Now its December, I came to Abuja on a different aim and ran into Debbie again. We were genuinely happy and excited to be with each other once more, we decided to run wild in town. Pulling out my phone, I decided to use Easy Taxi once more, lo and behold, the entire taxi ordering was a huge failure and disappointment. After 30 minutes of trying, Debbie decided we should use another taxi app since a taxi wasn’t forth coming. My interest was pricked, so I did a little bit of investigation.

It seems the ever vibrant Nigerian market has being a tough nut to crack by the not so new management of Easy Taxi. The ship looked like it was sinking.

Since the introduction of the new MD, the company has being on a downward slope. Many Easy Taxi staffs are confused about what future, if any, Easy taxi has. The company has been plagued with falsifying awards, disgruntled employees, and not meeting with customers expectations.

The Senior PR, Events and Partnership at Easy Taxi tendered her resignation letter and left for a company with better structure earlier this month . Same with the Public Relations arm of Easy Taxi also resigned this month. These are the people who made Easy Taxi a force to reckon with in Nigeria, especially Lagos. They were exceptionally great at looking for leads, she sealed lots of partnership deals, and did extensive work with following up with clients.

To add insult to injury, the entire staff of Easy Taxi in Abuja have being told to submit their laptops, effectively sacking about 12 people at once in an Ecommerce business environment. Who does that? The MD had previously employed about 9 of her own people, even out of the people she employed in Abuja, some have already left the company before the Abuja shutdown.

On November 13th, I wrote a piece, Easy Taxi was gradually bowing out to Uber Taxi, this was as a result of my new found appetite of trying different taxi brands. I could remember noticing a change in the company’s mode of operation. Especially with the fact that some of the taxis were not using A/C as initially thought.

Anyway, it’s surely a company to look out for, who knows, a turnaround might be under construction.

https://dantewest./2015/12/31/easy-taxi-shuts-down-in-abuja-nigeria/

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
Bankole Cardoso is not the founder of Easy Taxi but rather tapped to run it in Nigeria

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by mrsage(m): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
Mark my words. Most taxi hailing companies in Nigeria may not last.

Easy taxi decided to focus more on getting customers as against the welfare of drivers. They could not strike a balance. Don't forget they do not own cars. That's the beginning of the problem in my opinion.

At a point they had a lot of unsatisfied drivers/car owners.

Well I wish them all the best.

And to Uber. They should also be careful.

3 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
trash, how many people dey enter taxi in this harsh economy?
Na easy molue sure pass.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
Na easy molue sure pass.

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by ghostdvirus(m): 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
Na bus sure pass

4 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by looseweight: 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by adedam007(m): 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
h
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by 20bc(m): 10:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
For the last time for God sake any of una done see mama nikechi fowl, abi e enter easy taxi

Surrender the fowl now cause na me first plan to steal am...
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by lmm4real: 10:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
Survival one serious poo
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 10:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
Buhari should lock Adaora up also . . .

3 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Endlesslove33(m): 10:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
Na easy buhari sure pass

2 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Dahkogrin007(m): 10:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wah is Easy Taxi pls...

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by makingsense(m): 10:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
What is easy taxi??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by kennyman2000(m): 10:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hmmmmm....
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by STAMPandSEAL: 10:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
Why?
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
What a biased write-up.

21 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
Is e-commerce on the decline?

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by uchebest2006(m): 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
Keke Napep{Tri Cycle} is the best!!!
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Pavore9: 10:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
So sad for such a venture.
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
angry
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by 4nobody4every1: 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
undecided
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by damola1: 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
crap. Personal vendatta!.. which mod put this up....

19 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
RickRichards:
What a biased write-up.
I thought I was the only one that noticed. The person is an ethnic scum

12 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by onosprince(m): 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nigerians need only easy keke and okada with easy bus and easy train... easy taxi fit go look bush

2 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
a lot of people do when they are going to weddings and parties...

mekaboy:

Na easy molue sure pass.

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by seunoni34(m): 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
That's why I don't believe in women running tech companies, they just ruin everything with their decisions. Look at new yahoo ceo Marisa Mayer. Same thing is happening to yahoo right now. Smh

5 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by odiereke(m): 10:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
Na one chance be this setup.

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nigeria is premature for such business, and it is not the fault of Adaora.
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by NaLaugh: 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
Vig86:
Nigeria is premature for such business, and it is not the fault of Adaora.

It isn't premature in a place like Abuja. The burden is on the company to re-orient the people.

3 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by imdolufemi: 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
smiley

8 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Empress2014(f): 10:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
undecided o ma se o

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is The Price Of Kerosene In Your Area? / Peace Microfinance Bank Celebrates 14years Of Excellence In Providing Unrivalled / Unilever Ghana Has Relocated Its Tea Production To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.