Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) (2594 Views)

Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) / Original Sin: The Conflict Between Catholic And Pentecostal. / Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by johnydon22(m): 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
[b]Many here won't deny having grown up being taught that their very humanity itself is a sin.

That their nature as humans have been contaminated by the action of Adam and Eve in Eden and so their very nature as humans is a sin and broken, lost and weak and therefore needs to be saved..

This basic Christian doctrine has created an imaginary problem, have convinced them of bearing the guilt of an imaginary crime by two fictitious people they know nothing about and so must require an imaginary act of salvation in order to make it to an imaginary paradise..

We have been taught that God is the father at the same time taught to fear, cower in awe in the face of this Father figure.

"Father, i am not worthy to be your son, i am broken and weak and is short of your glory but father forgive me and accept me because i have been a sinner since i was born. please father let your will be done in my life, take full possession of me and do with my life what ever you will even though am not worthy"

This is a prayer line used to address a father figure, to this i will call a pitiable show of self degrading other than humility..

And again am sure none of us here will ever have our children talk to us in that format, anyone who expects such mode of address from his Children has a chronic self righteousness, abject narcissism, huge egoism and outright disturbing figure..

People have been convinced that they are a sinner from birth and therefore are not worthy...?

To this i call a complete arrant nonsense...

It is amazing how people cannot find the disturbing idea of a God who bears a grudge for such a long time that it blames every generation for the actions of two people...

The alleged all powerful, all knowing and all present creator of the universe is showing a pitiable insecure childish show of bearing grudges with flimsy humans..

You do not need saving from imaginary angry Gods who is blaming you for the sin of some two naked couple who ate an apple..

You did nothing and you are not guilty of the crime of anybody not even the crimes of your immediate parents.

It is a common thing to have religious people accuse others of being sinners who deserves to be burnt in a fire for their sins.

It is ok to note that SIN in a religious sense has no weight on human morality..

Human morality as a construct of human society entails: An action that decreases individual and social human suffering and betters societal well-being, survival, justice, equality, freedom..

Going by this societal definition of human morality one cannot fail to notice that these actions are necessary for a human society to ensure continuation and a healthy social interactions because as social beings living together in a society we must indulge in mutual actions necessary for our own betterment and continuation.

An immoral act as the opposite of morality is An action that INCREASES individual and societal human suffering and is a detriment to societal well being, justice, equality, survival and freedom..

Going by this definition one cannot miss to discern that Armed Robbery is a societal vice because it increases the suffering of the victim.

Government officials looting a country is a societal vice because it increases the societal suffering of the community.

Boko haram or any group wreaking havoc on a community is a societal vice because it is a detriment to societal well being and increases individual and societal suffering..

But the religious idea of sin are simply actions that goes against the stipulated ethics or doctrines of the said religion or the so called "will of God" that may or may not be in relation to a societal moral action.

E.g: In the catholic Church, Missing Mass on sunday is a sin against God..
In islam eating pork is a sin
And in a wide margin being Human itself is a sin in fundamental Christian doctrine of original sin.
Not believing in God is also a sin

I don't understand how muhammed having sex with a 9 year old Aisha is not a bad thing in Islam or beheading others in the name of God is not wrong but God frowns at what two grown adults decides to do with themselves or what i eat..

So you see, these ideas of sin has no weight on the moral tilt of an action, it doesn't matter if your actions are of a good tilt or not you are a sinner none- the less.

So do not fret when accused of being a sinner as long as your actions are of no detrimental effect to others or the society...

This is the exact question i asked a preacher girl who accused me of being a sinner when she learnt i don't believe the God she believes..

"Am i a sinner because i don't live a moral and ethical life or because i don't believe the God you believe ?"

My actions are for humans not deity and so the effect of my actions on fellow humans and the society is all that matters to me not whether a deity likes it or not..

when we realize that an action is neither good or bad just because a religion says so either with the charge of "Thus says the lord" or not, we will learn to employ our reason and independent thinking in determining our actions towards each other..

-We are neither fallen or weak

-Our humanity is not a crime or sin

-we are not to be blamed for the actions of some fictitious couple who ate an apple.

-We have no need to be saved from angry deities who won't mind their business, we are the only ones who can offer ourselves and our children salvation by choosing to better the planet we live in.

-And most importantly we do not need forgiveness from angry Gods, we only need forgiveness from each other..

Live your life for you and your actions in respect to others around you and the society that binds us all and not an obligation to a God or religion or a means to an end to bypass punishment or get a reward..

Nobody is born a sinner or inherited the sin of Adam and eve and it's time people realized that..
[/b]

19 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by Shollyps(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
sometimes I wonder how the f**k did we believe that shitt. . especially the original sin part

who the hell is Adam n Eve?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
what more can I say?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by kiddie(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
I've got this burden I would like to share johnydon do you believe in voodoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by ValerianSteel(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
The truth rightly said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by frank317: 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
Its even funny but scary when seemingly intelligent and even educated people believe the Adam and Eve story down to virgin birth thingy. As ridiculous, petty and childish as it sound reasonable people would give their lives to defend it.

Like someone said, how did humanity get here? This original sin story have been going on for years with no proof and no one cares.

... Well, the hell threat is just its strong hold. Then people want to live forever in a fictitious paradise. Wow, what a wishful thinking.

Then next thing, people like Ebuka, winner and vooks will come and shamelessly defend the nonsense story. No b small thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by vooks: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
johnydon22:

It is ok to note that SIN in a religious sense has no weight on human morality..

Human morality as a construct of human society entails: An action that decreases individual and social human suffering and betters societal well-being, survival, justice, equality, freedom..

'....justice,equality,freedom.....'
Why do you pursue these? Who settled on what human morality entails?

3 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by Maamin(m): 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 [size=16pt]Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.[/size]

@op, how could you sit down and type so much note just to express your disbelieve in God. That is way too much trouble for someone that does not believe in God. Your bitterness toward your creator gives me more reason to believe in him ever more.

You should do too coz sooner or later...!!!

3 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by frank317: 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
vooks:

'....justice,equality,freedom.....'
Why do you pursue these? Who settled on what human morality entails?

Humans settle on what human morality entails.

You can't make up a God because you believe you were designed and charge this God idea with the duty of settling what human morality entails.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by johnydon22(m): 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
kiddie:
I've got this burden I would like to share johnydon do you believe in voodoo

No i don't. i think these tricks or phenomenons are natural manipulations you just don't understand how they are achieved..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by johnydon22(m): 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
frank317:

Humans settle on what human morality entails.

You can't make up a God because you believe you were designed and charge this God idea with the duty of settling what human morality entails.

I seriously have no intention of derailing the topic so i'd ignore any quote that banks on a rather different tilt from the subject.. Now am expected to leave the topic of the thread and discuss human morality and ethics..

Just like the guy who thinks atheism is a temporary position, he has no idea Muslims still thinks when Issa(Jesus) comes everyone will convert to Islam..

So muslims may tell him "Christianity is a temporary position, he will convert to Islam" which of course he will find absurd, and that is enough to show him how ridiculous he sounds now..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by oglalasioux(m): 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
The truth is that Moses copied tales from Mesopotamian writings and made up the creation story. The miracles he performed were what he learnt as a priest in the temples of pharaoh Akhenaton, the pharaoh that started the belief in one god. What Akhenaton advocated was the worship of a being that doesn't have form, no beginning and no end. This god is the alpha and omega and moves in a manner akin to electromagnetic waves.
When Akhenaton died, the Egyptians rose against this religion of one god and his priests scattered taking a lot of adherents with them. The most notable was Moses. The Jewish religion is no different from ancient Egyptian beliefs and it's roots are embedded in Egypt. Ancient Egypt were the first to realize the electromagnetic radiation of the sun and that's why they worshipped it. Science has proven great many things about the sun today including it's dent on the fabric of space setting everything hurtling towards it at great speeds setting in motion many of the phenomenon we experience in our solar system.
Mankind knew these forces from the sun exist and surprisingly they found out they can be harnessed and manipulated. When they manipulate or harness the sun's electromagnetic fields and it obeyed them, they thought it's the gods in action. That is religion and nothing more. Little wonder then that the forces of the universe can be used for both good and evil. This is because it's out there to be used freely by everyone.
The white man has harnessed the forces of our solar system and used it to better the world. The black man is still using this same power to kill and destroy and intimidate. It's time we in black Africa realized that religion is on a decline. If we must worship anything it must be a greater God far above the religions. A God who has made Himself manifest by allowing mankind get a glimpse of Himself through science.

2 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by ValentineMary(m): 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Johnny well said. Leave people like vooks to keep making noise with their void logic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by CoolUsername: 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
vooks:
'....justice,equality,freedom.....' Why do you pursue these? Who settled on what human morality entails?
Well-adjusted intelligent people like the stoics and epicureans
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by vooks: 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
frank317:

Then next thing, people like Ebuka, winner and vooks will come and shamelessly defend the nonsense story. No b small thing.

ValentineMary:
Johnny well said. Leave people like vooks to keep making noise with their void logic

Mor0ns can't take a dump without stalking me. If you need my wisdom just say so

2 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by frank317: 1:28am On Jan 01, 2016
vooks:

Lol... U must be feeling a superstar... U need am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by dalaman: 2:47am On Jan 01, 2016
Shollyps:
sometimes I wonder how the f**k did we believe that shitt. . especially the original sin part

They are mythical and fictitious characters from the bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
johnydon22:

Going by this societal definition of human morality one cannot fail to notice that these actions are necessary for a human society to ensure continuation and a healthy social interactions because as social beings living together in a society we must indulge in mutual actions necessary for our own betterment and continuation.
An immoral act as the opposite of morality is An action that INCREASES individual and societal human suffering and is a detriment to societal well being, justice, equality, survival and freedom..
Hello Johnydon22. I usually don't debate with people who already have a fixed idea about something. But in this case, I feel you are a sincere and decent person. I'm not a religious person, and do not advocate for any religion. I know however there is God.

This your definition of morality creates many problems. Who decides what increases or decreases a society's well being? Is the suppression of people that are (intellectually or physically) weak, people with disabilities/genetic diseases, impotent people, moral or not? Does it increase or decrease the well being of the community? Is the private ownership of property moral? As we all know Capitalists will argue that it increases the well being of the society, while Communists will argue otherwise.

Besides what men view today as an increase may be viewed tomorrow as a decrease. We are largely ignorant about much of the universe and we do not know the consequences of some of our actions to some other domain of the universe. Which brings me to my last point:
Which community's well being should be the standard? The tribe? Nations? Continents? the Human specie? Animals? Plants?

If an action does some good to the human and is detrimental to another form of life yet to be discovered, is that action moral?

Cheers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by virginboy1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
johnydon22:
[b]Many here won't deny having grown up being taught that their very humanity itself is a sin.

That their nature as humans have been contaminated by the action of Adam and Eve in Eden and so their very nature as humans is a sin and broken, lost and weak and therefore needs to be saved..

This basic Christian doctrine has created an imaginary problem, have convinced them of bearing the guilt of an imaginary crime by two fictitious people they know nothing about and so must require an imaginary act of salvation in order to make it to an imaginary paradise..

We have been taught that God is the father at the same time taught to fear, cower in awe in the face of this Father figure.

"Father, i am not worthy to be your son, i am broken and weak and is short of your glory but father forgive me and accept me because i have been a sinner since i was born. please father let your will be done in my life, take full possession of me and do with my life what ever you will even though am not worthy"

This is a prayer line used to address a father figure, to this i will call a pitiable show of self degrading other than humility..

And again am sure none of us here will ever have our children talk to us in that format, anyone who expects such mode of address from his Children has a chronic self righteousness, abject narcissism, huge egoism and outright disturbing figure..

People have been convinced that they are a sinner from birth and therefore are not worthy...?

It is amazing how people cannot find the disturbing idea of a God who bears a grudge for such a long time that it blames every generation for the actions of two people...

The alleged all powerful, all knowing and all present creator of the universe is showing a pitiable insecure childish show of bearing grudges with flimsy humans..

You do not need saving from imaginary angry Gods who is blaming you for the sin of some two naked couple who ate an apple..

You did nothing and you are not guilty of the crime of anybody not even the crimes of your immediate parents.

It is a common thing to have religious people accuse others of being sinners who deserves to be burnt in a fire for their sins.

Going by this definition one cannot miss to discern that Armed Robbery is a societal vice because it increases the suffering of the victim.

Government officials looting a country is a societal vice because it increases the societal suffering of the community.

Boko haram or any group wreaking havoc on a community is a societal vice because it is a detriment to societal well being and increases individual and societal suffering..

But the religious idea of sin are simply actions that goes against the stipulated ethics or doctrines of the said religion or the so called "will of God" that may or may not be in relation to a societal moral action.

And in a wide margin being Human itself is a sin in fundamental Christian doctrine of original sin.

I don't understand how muhammed having sex with a 9 year old Aisha is not a bad thing in Islam or beheading others in the name of God is not wrong but God frowns at what two grown adults decides to do with themselves or what i eat..

So you see, these ideas of sin has no weight on the moral tilt of an action, it doesn't matter if your actions are of a good tilt or not you are a sinner none- the less.

So do not fret when accused of being a sinner as long as your actions are of no detrimental effect to others or the society...

This is the exact question i asked a preacher girl who accused me of being a sinner when she learnt i don't believe the God she believes..

"Am i a sinner because i don't live a moral and ethical life or because i don't believe the God you believe ?"

My actions are for humans not deity and so the effect of my actions on fellow humans and the society is all that matters to me not whether a deity likes it or not..

when we realize that an action is neither good or bad just because a religion says so either with the charge of "Thus says the lord" or not, we will learn to employ our reason and independent thinking in determining our actions towards each other..

-we are not to be blamed for the actions of some fictitious couple who ate an apple.

-We have no need to be saved from angry deities who won't mind their business, we are the only ones who can offer ourselves and our children salvation by choosing to better the planet we live in.

-And most importantly we do not need forgiveness from angry Gods, we only need forgiveness from each other..

Live your life for you and your actions in respect to others around you and the society that binds us all and not an obligation to a God or religion or a means to an end to bypass punishment or get a reward..

Nobody is born a sinner or inherited the sin of Adam and eve and it's time people realized that..
[/b]
What an empirical epistle. Oga johnydon22, you want make pastors close Church?. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
Johnydon22 as always; ur thinking always thrills me; and like I have always said; U re quite young for ur thought process making me more fascinated...

As weird as I think ur ideas are; I must acknowledge they are really indept and worthy of reckoning with...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by virginboy1(m): 10:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
Maamin:
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 [size=16pt]Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.[/size]

@op, how could you sit down and type so much note just to express your disbelieve in God. That is way too much trouble for someone that does not believe in God. Your bitterness toward your creator gives me more reason to believe in him ever more.

You should do too coz sooner or later...!!!

Hmmmm, does that means the devil is using the OP, for writing his views on Original Sin?
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by johnydon22(m): 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
LoJ:

Hello Johnydon22. I usually don't debate with people who already have a fixed idea about something. But in this case, I feel you are a sincere and decent person. I'm not a religious person, and do not advocate for any religion. I know however there is God.

You see i find it very ironic you don't fancy those who make stoic assertions over a premise at the same time you make an absolute assertion over an unsure concept as God as shown by the bold.

Well your questions are well received even though i must add some of them are quite unnecessary..

This your definition of morality creates many problems. Who decides what increases or decreases a society's well being?
This i can say is the first unnecessary question because i am sure as i take morality to be a construct of a society, it also takes a society ( which is the composition of the individuals in the society) to determine which action is detrimental to societal well being or is good for the well being of the said society..

So the answer to this question is : The society itself..

E.G: It takes us here in Nigeria (a society) to know first hand the actual effect (detrimental in this case) the actions of BOKO HARAM has on our society at large..

Is the suppression of people that are (intellectually or physically) weak, people with disabilities/genetic diseases, impotent people, moral or not?
Again i find this to be another unnecessary question, even though i do not regard my definition a universal truth i must say that i expected you might have been able to relate these instances to the definition.

Since the suppression of these class of people is a detriment to their EQUALITY to others in the societal circle which of course i am sure is part of the definition, then i am certain i need not tell you the moral tilt of such actions as regards these individuals in question..

Does it increase or decrease the well being of the community?
I cannot understand how i am expected to answer this..

You may well relay to me the weight of this action and then relate it to the definition i gave above

Is the private ownership of property moral?
Is this private ownership detrimental to societal well being, that is blatantly unlikely..

I still find this a rather unnecessary question because the reason why i gave the definition is for the people reading it to relate the definition to the societal actions abound not throw the questions back at me to determine it for them.

As we all know Capitalists will argue that it increases the well being of the society, while Communists will argue otherwise.
Here the subjectivity of every society comes in play..

Besides what men view today as an increase may be viewed tomorrow as a decrease.
Also banks on subjectivity though i have never seen a society where looting of public funds is seen to be of positive value to the well being of the community , have you ?

We are largely ignorant about much of the universe and we do not know the consequences of some of our actions to some other domain of the universe. Which brings me to my last point:
Which community's well being should be the standard? The tribe? Nations? Continents? the Human specie? Animals? Plants?
Morality as regards my definition is a applicable to the human society not the universe. It entails the necessary mutual actions between members of the same society to ensure pleasing outcomes to both the subjects or the society at large.

@bolded, i'd expect that to be obvious: Differs from society to society .. Societal expectations of the Kalahari bush men is drastically different from that of Amazon forest.. So yes as regard human societies, every society determines the standards of its expectations

If an action does some good to the human and is detrimental to another form of life yet to be discovered, is that action moral?
Since my definition is in relation to human society, i see no reason i should indulge into the effects it MAY have on YET to be discovered life forms until then

Cheers.
Same

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by Image123(m): 11:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
johnydon22:
[b][i]Many here won't deny having grown up being taught that their very humanity itself is a sin.

What is imaginary here is your imaginations. The problem of sin is real. Our world obviously suffers from the consequences of sin. Every human being is naturally predisposed to evil, to cheating, lying, anger, selfishness and other such vices. Anyone who watches a baby grow up can easily observe all these, it's not something mysterious or enigmatic. This is reality and the Bible simply shows the root cause. Many millions in different generations past and present have attested to finding salvation, peace and forgiveness, it is not imaginary at all.

God is not just the Father, He is the Creator and the Judge. The devil is the father of all liars and sinners, not God. If you do not receive Him, you are not a son or a child of God, don't get it twisted.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Worthy of what if i may ask? What makes one worthy or unworthy?

You are not been punished for any two people's sins, you will face judgement for your own sins. Also, the Bible says nothing about any two naked couple who ate an apple, don't get it twisted.

What is sin?

Who gives these definitions, do you just pull them out of your nostrils or something? Who determines human morality, is it the courts or the house of assembly or the Constitutions or who? Can i determine morality, can you? Who made your definition more right than mine? Your school, your job, internet or facebook likes?

Again, don't get yourself in a fix/twist. Throwing together all the religioin and ideas that you manage to remember doesn't make them the same or make them disappear. It only makes you look like you don't know what you are saying.

Repeated reasoning. It's the same way Nnamdi Kanu deluded himself that nothing would happen to him if he came to Nigeria. Fear God and repent. When you die, there is judgement.

We are. Only a person without a sense of morality or conscience would agree otherwise. Can you see the human race? You do not see any faults or problems?

Depends on your definition of humanity. Being human is not a crime or a sin though.

Of course. i wonder where you get such a ridiculous idea in the first instance.

Of course. Who cares about angry deities who won't mind their business?

That's what a few percentage of deluded humans think. Their opinion is largely irrelevant in the big picture.

Who justifies this idea? What society binds you? What makes your right to be bound to some society greater than the other man's right to be bound to his God?

Really? What are the advantages of this realization again? What are the disadvantages of failing to realize?

2 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 02, 2016
Hello Johnydon22
johnydon22:

You see i find it very ironic you don't fancy those who make stoic assertions over a premise at the same time you make an absolute assertion over an unsure concept as God as shown by the bold.
If you pay attention to my words, I never said I believe in God. I said I know there is God. And I am entitled to that knowledge, as long as I do not force it on others. Again, those who do not know (yet) there is GOD, or you do not believe in any deity, are also entitled to their opinion. There is no reason of attempting to convince them of the validity/non validity of their premises.

In addition, religions, churches and temples are not necessary to come to the recognition of God. Oftentimes it is even a hindrance. If I know out of personal experience there is a man (opposite my house) who did not eat for the last 2 years, you have every right to disbelieve it. It doesn't change the fact it may be true (or false). Therefore believing and knowing are two different psychoactivities. I may expand more on that, in a suitable thread.

Here the subjectivity of every society comes in play
This is exactly what I wanted to point out. Your definition of morality is subjective and likely to be inconstant according to the tastes and preferences of the day/localities, sometimes after much (irreversible) harm has already been done. The segregationist regime of South Africa, may well perceive it totally moral to preserve its purity and superiority by enslaving people from other ethnic background. Such relativity and inconsistency opens the door to a lot of "moral" wickedness. What your definition suggests is: "Whatever the majority thinks is moral, is therefore moral". Majority is not always synonymous to veracity.

I rather think that human beings and indeed every living specie, should derive its morality from the (immutable) laws of the universe. And this does not require (dis)belief in God or in any religion.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by ValentineMary(m): 2:53am On Jan 02, 2016
vooks:

You need help dude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by ValentineMary(m): 2:57am On Jan 02, 2016
Image123:

What is imaginary here is your imaginations. The problem of sin is real. Our world obviously suffers from the consequences of sin. Every human being is naturally predisposed to evil, to cheating, lying, anger, selfishness and other such vices. Anyone who watches a baby grow up can easily observe all these, it's not something mysterious or enigmatic. This is reality and the Bible simply shows the root cause. Many millions in different generations past and present have attested to finding salvation, peace and forgiveness, it is not imaginary at all.

God is not just the Father, He is the Creator and the Judge. The devil is the father of all liars and sinners, not God. If you do not receive Him, you are not a son or a child of God, don't get it twisted.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Worthy of what if i may ask? What makes one worthy or unworthy?

You are not been punished for any two people's sins, you will face judgement for your own sins. Also, the Bible says nothing about any two naked couple who ate an apple, don't get it twisted.

What is sin?

Who gives these definitions, do you just pull them out of your nostrils or something? Who determines human morality, is it the courts or the house of assembly or the Constitutions or who? Can i determine morality, can you? Who made your definition more right than mine? Your school, your job, internet or facebook likes?

Again, don't get yourself in a fix/twist. Throwing together all the religioin and ideas that you manage to remember doesn't make them the same or make them disappear. It only makes you look like you don't know what you are saying.

Repeated reasoning. It's the same way Nnamdi Kanu deluded himself that nothing would happen to him if he came to Nigeria. Fear God and repent. When you die, there is judgement.

We are. Only a person without a sense of morality or conscience would agree otherwise. Can you see the human race? You do not see any faults or problems?

Depends on your definition of humanity. Being human is not a crime or a sin though.

That's what a few percentage of deluded humans think. Their opinion is largely irrelevant in the big picture.

Who justifies this idea? What society binds you? What makes your right to be bound to some society greater than the other man's right to be bound to his God?

Really? What are the advantages of this realization again? What are the disadvantages of failing to realize?
Johnny silence is enough to tell u that u are talking rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by Maamin(m): 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
virginboy1:

Hmmmm, does that means the devil is using the OP, for writing his views on Original Sin?

You be the judge
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by Pr0ton: 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
So I felt I might find this interesting...

Image123:

What is imaginary here is your imaginations.

He said reality. There is no way you can evidently prove their existence. And scientific discoveries leave no realm for having two probabilities (a) They might have existed. b) they might never have existed) For example, your Y-chromosome, that every living thing descended from paternally, dates back to about 334 thousand years ago; too long for the biblical 6,000 years of human creation.

Homo sapiens have lost the ability to produce their own vitamin C through evolution/mutation, while some other primates like the monkeys can produce this. The lack of vitamin C is a serious problem to us humans as we are prone to this severe disease called scurvy; too illogical of a loving God's creation.

The problem of sin is real. Our world obviously suffers from the consequences of sin. Every human being is naturally predisposed to evil, to cheating, lying, anger, selfishness and other such vices. Anyone who watches a baby grow up can easily observe all these, it's not something mysterious or enigmatic. This is reality and the Bible simply shows the root cause. Many millions in different generations past and present have attested to finding salvation, peace and forgiveness, it is not imaginary at all.

All these befall non human animals too. Does that make them also need a saviour to help them out?

And the coloured words show you're confused yourself. If it isn't mysterious why should a mysterious God intervene to it mysteriously?

This isn't in the subject of the OP. It's not necessary.

You are not been punished for any two people's sins, you will face judgement for your own sins.

Then as one man's trespass led to the condemnation of all men... Rom 5:18

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners... Rom 5:19

Also, the Bible says nothing about any two naked couple who ate an apple, don't get it twisted.

When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who waswith her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. Gen 3:6-7

What is being gotten twisted there?

What is sin?

Anything that puts enmity between a person and God.

Well.. You can accurately define morality when the concept of its relation to human life is understood. And it can be understood, glaringly and apparently. You won't still get this untill you dip yourself into a stream and cool your hot head, then start thinking like a normal human.

So far your religion has been the most subject.. Are you saying your religion can be dismissed but others should be considered?

Apparently he does. You just need to cool your hot head and read calmly and clearly. He said that in relation to the eventual claim of the existence of Adam and Eve, God, Judgement and all.

You are biblically confused again.. Haha grin grin

Well I showed you this earlier on; about your Bible making such claim.

Believers.

Actually yours is. Ours can be felt, utilized and observed. Yours is only imagined and therefore irrelevant.

Because your God doesn't exist.

Both are obvious.. The former brings peace, the latter avoids it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by urheme: 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
Johnydon22, Bravo!!!!
I always tap from your post and this year i'm sure you will impact me greatly.

Sin is indeed not a property tangible or otherwise ment to be inherited, it will be delusional to believe that loads of sins were passed to me.....and i inturn will pass sins to my children.... Punishing one generation for the crimes of another generation is in the bible....See the injustice the church did to us.

False accusation is a crime in our land

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by respect80(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
angry
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by malvisguy212: 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
Shollyps:

it is either your Sunday school teacher do not understand the scripture OR you are not focusing. You and the op are confused. Now listen;

The Scripture teaches that all men
originate their own moral depravity, the bible say All men sin in spit of a Good nature.

Genesis 6:11,12.
"The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth and
behold it was corrupt; FOR ALL FLESH HAD CORRUPTED HIS WAY UPON THE EARTH."

To "corrupt" means to make morally
depraved. It means to pervert what is
good and upright. It means to make unclean what was once clean. It means to spoil what was once good and unspoiled. The word corrupt always implies a former state that was unspoiled, clean, good, or upright. It is never used to speak of the original created nature of man.It speaks of what man has become because of spoiling or perverting the nature with which he was created.

Moral beings have never needed a sinful nature to make them sin. Churches teach the first sin ever committed was committed by the devil. He did not have a sinful nature to make him sin.Churches also teach that a third of the angels fell from heaven. They did not have a sinful nature to make them sin. And scripture says both Adam and Eve sinned. They did not have a sinful
nature to make them sin. Then, why
should it be thought necessary for men to be born with a sinful nature to account for their sins? The Scripture does not teach that men must have a sinful nature in order to sin; it teaches that men sin in spite of a good nature:

Ecclesiastes 7:29
"Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man UPRIGHT;but they have sought out many inventions" .

The above Scripture is very clear. God
has created men upright, but they have sinned in spite of an upright nature.This truth is taught directly, and by implication, throughout the whole Scripture.

You and your atheists friends write as if you understand the scripture, but NO, you don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) by urheme: 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
malvisguy212:
it is either your Sunday school teacher do not understand the scripture OR you are not focusing. You and the op are confused. Now listen;

The Scripture teaches that all men
originate their own moral depravity, the bible say All men sin in spit of a Good nature.

Genesis 6:11,12.
"The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth and
behold it was corrupt; FOR ALL FLESH HAD CORRUPTED HIS WAY UPON THE EARTH."

To "corrupt" means to make morally
depraved. It means to pervert what is
good and upright. It means to make unclean what was once clean. It means to spoil what was once good and unspoiled. The word corrupt always implies a former state that was unspoiled, clean, good, or upright. It is never used to speak of the original created nature of man.It speaks of what man has become because of spoiling or perverting the nature with which he was created.

Moral beings have never needed a sinful nature to make them sin. Churches teach the first sin ever committed was committed by the devil. He did not have a sinful nature to make him sin.Churches also teach that a third of the angels fell from heaven. They did not have a sinful nature to make them sin. And scripture says both Adam and Eve sinned. They did not have a sinful
nature to make them sin. Then, why
should it be thought necessary for men to be born with a sinful nature to account for their sins? The Scripture does not teach that men must have a sinful nature in order to sin; it teaches that men sin in spite of a good nature:

Ecclesiastes 7:29
"Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man UPRIGHT;but they have sought out many inventions" .

The above Scripture is very clear. God
has created men upright, but they have sinned in spite of an upright nature.This truth is taught directly, and by implication, throughout the whole Scripture.

You and your atheists friends write as if you understand the scripture, but NO, you don't understand.

I can't just believe this guy, you mean you cited all these bible vs and could not drive home your point
You must be very tired grin

Let us use labour as example.

What did your Bible say that caused women painful labour during child birth

That eve was coursed for eating apples and by implication all women should labour to the point of death to birth children...

Pls try and understand op, he did a good job to this topic......the muslim woman, budahist, ife amd my towm juju worshippers who also experience painful labour...do you expect them to believe that eve eat apples and that transfers sins to them.....what about the female animals....perhaps some female animal was coursed for their sake.

The lies in your bible can actually be retified with the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Powerful Atheists Who Converted To Christianity, A Must Read / Are Nigerian Pastors Not Scared Of The Wrath Of God / Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.