Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,233 members, 7,780,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:29 PM

Now I Know Kanu Is A Treasonable Felon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now I Know Kanu Is A Treasonable Felon (3466 Views)

Buhari A Terrorist Who Committed Treasonable Felony In 1983 - Kanu, Co-Defendant / Nnamdi Kanu Appears In Court Over Treasonable Charges. pics 20/1/16 / Nnamdi Kanu Charged With Treasonable Felony By FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now I Know Kanu Is A Treasonable Felon by omooba969(m): 11:14am On Jan 01, 2016
guyXander:

Nobody needs a reason for secession.
Are even listening to yourself, "reason for secession".
Did Nigeria need any reason for independence?
Conduct a referendum we told them.

Don't get me wrong, I respect people's right to self determination. smiley

You need to understand that when a part breaks away, it affects the whole in every areas. You also need to know that secession is different from independence. You only gain independence from a colonialist or an occupier while you secede from an existing entity/country. The questions you need to ask yourself are,

why do you clamour for secession?

Are the reasons genuine enough or do you have legal/legitimate case for secession?

If you prefer a referendum, present your case to the NASS & do everything through the appropriate channels. All of these should be done legally & Nnamdi should know better as he claims to be learned but he rather chose to be reckless about it (he probably has bad advisers).

Let the referendum start from SE & check the people's sentiment first, only then will you be able to know if your agitation will survive on the national level. There has to be debates for a certain period of time for the YES/NO campaign at every level of society & govt so that people can be more enlightened, therefore be able to make informed decisions & choice.

Let me chill here... cool

1 Like

Re: Now I Know Kanu Is A Treasonable Felon by guyXander(m): 12:08am On Jan 03, 2016
omooba969:

You need to understand that when a part breaks away, it affects the whole in every areas. You also need to know that secession is different from independence. You only gain independence from a colonialist or an occupier while you secede from an existing entity/country. The questions you need to ask yourself are,

Are the reasons genuine enough or do you have legal/legitimate case for secession?

If you prefer a referendum, present your case to the NASS & do everything through the appropriate channels. All of these should be done legally & Nnamdi should know better as he claims to be learned but he rather chose to be reckless about it (he probably has bad advisers).

Let the referendum start from SE & check the people's sentiment first, only then will you be able to know if your agitation will survive on the national level. There has to be debates for a certain period of time for the YES/NO campaign at every level of society & govt so that people can be more enlightened, therefore be able to make informed decisions & choice.

That's only possible in the US or some western states my brother.
Black man doesn't reason this way.
Once you mention referendum they get scared forgetting the people you want to govern in a democratic system of government must want to be govern by the government.
The points you raised are true.
From the way Buhari talk, he seems to think Nigeria is his caliphate.
Re: Now I Know Kanu Is A Treasonable Felon by guyXander(m): 12:08am On Jan 03, 2016
omooba969:

Once you mention referendum they get scared forgetting the people you want to govern in a democratic system of government must want to be govern by the government.
From the way Buhari talks, he seems to think Nigeria is his caliphate.
Re: Now I Know Kanu Is A Treasonable Felon by omooba969(m): 12:23am On Jan 03, 2016
guyXander:

From the way Buhari talks, he seems to think Nigeria is his caliphate.

Seems you have problem with Buhari personally. grin
Re: Now I Know Kanu Is A Treasonable Felon by guyXander(m): 1:02am On Jan 03, 2016
omooba969:

Seems you have problem with Buhari personally. grin
Obviously.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocker! George Bush And Condolezza Rice Were Having An Affair At White House / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Presidential Arms Audit Panel Clears Jonathan, Confirms / Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.