Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court (22973 Views)

FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit / Governor Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court - See Notice Of Appeal (PHOTOS) / CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by kihemeje96(f): 1:53am On Jan 01, 2016
Abia state Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu released a press statement following the receipt of the judgment of the court of appeal sitting at Owerri on his election as the state governor. Read his statement below:
"DISTINGUISHED LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
I have just been informed that the Court of Appeal sitting at Owerri has nullified my victory as the duly elected Governor of Abia State and ordered that one of my opponents at the election, Dr. Alex Otti should be sworn in as the winner of the election.
As of this moment, I have not received the full briefing on the reason for the decision of the Court of Appeal but my Lawyers are still at the Court waiting to obtain a copy of the Judgment for further studying and it is past 7pm. The next 4 days are Public Holidays and the timing of the judgment means that we are losing valuable days to study the judgment and file our Appeal.
I wish to state at this point that preliminary reports available to me indicate that the premise upon which the decision of the Court of Appeal was arrived at is at best tenuous.
That being said, I wish to express my utmost confidence in the ability of the Justices of the Supreme Court to correct the anomaly at the Court of Appeal and uphold my victory as had been earlier done by the Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Umuahia.
In the interim, while I have instructed my Lawyers to take steps to file an immediate Appeal at the Supreme Court, I wish to assure all Abians that all is well. I remain the Governor of Abia State until the Supreme Court reaffirms my mandate which was freely given to me by the good people of Abia State during the elections.
I call on the Security Agencies to maintain the peace in Abia State and ensure that people go about their legitimate businesses without fear of disruption from any quarters. I also call on our supporters to remain calm in the face of provocation.
I remain supremely confident that at the end of the day, victory shall be ours.
I thank you all for listening and wish you a prosperous 2016".
Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, Ph.D
Governor, Abia State

http://www.news-world-update.com/2016/01/i-remain-your-governor-ikpeazu-tells.html

8 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Imortal001: 2:02am On Jan 01, 2016
Ok, but the law must prevail mr governnor.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by WisdomCanada(m): 2:12am On Jan 01, 2016
This man should go and rest already, he lost the gov election in Abia and he rigged his way in, he just got served justice, INEC cant swear in Otti soon enough let real change begin, Happy new year fellow Abians, God has finally smilled at us

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by WisdomCanada(m): 2:13am On Jan 01, 2016
Alex Otti Nwere weight

15 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Singingbae(m): 2:22am On Jan 01, 2016
This man shouldn't cry over spoilt milk, why don't he hold Orji responsible? Orji is the most senseless governor av ever seen
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by gsport: 2:31am On Jan 01, 2016
No body is arguing with u ,yes u are still there governor for the next two months supreme Court will affirm this sound prove judgment maybe order you,to refund the salaries you have illegally received.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by kokoA(m): 2:34am On Jan 01, 2016
And he "HEAD"s to the Supreme Court grin if you knw wara mean grin

5 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Tolexander: 3:01am On Jan 01, 2016

In the interim, while I have instructed my Lawyers to take steps to file an immediate Appeal at the Supreme Court, I wish to assure all Abians that all is well. I remain the Governor of Abia State until the Supreme Court reaffirms my mandate which was freely given to me by the good people of Abia State during the elections.
politicians and lies are siamese twins.

After rigging the election, he still had the liver to claim he was given mandate by the people.

Well, I won't blame him, cos all they were after was "rigging everything for Jonathan" to the extent of affecting their own indigenous party.

48 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Tolexander: 3:04am On Jan 01, 2016
kokoA:
And he "HEAD"s to the Supreme Court grin if you knw wara mean grin
that is a norm and trend at the nigerian gubernatorial politics;

Tribunal ------>Appeal---------->Supreme

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Dronedude(m): 5:38am On Jan 01, 2016
That I can't guarantee sir.

3 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by vickyfrancis1(m): 6:26am On Jan 01, 2016
Dr OKEZIE IKPEAZU... The best governor so far...it is well with abians.....victory shall be ours again.....I respect u sir... U ve really done well within a short period... All iz well

25 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Trut(m): 6:38am On Jan 01, 2016
vickyfrancis1:
Dr OKEZIE IKPEAZU... The best governor so far...it is well with abians.....victory shall be ours again.....I respect u sir... U ve really done well within a short period... All iz well

undecided

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 01, 2016
he has a good case. 3 LGA's can't be disenfranchised by cancelling their votes. the margin of otti's victory is lower than the total number of registered voters in the 3 LGA's , such a result can't stand. the worst that would happen is for fresh elections to be held in the 3 LGA which Ikpeazu would win because that is his strong hold.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by excellencyabia1: 7:50am On Jan 01, 2016
Despite that you seem good does not mean that mandate was given to you. Openly speak Mr ex-governor you failed so go and enjoy the money you are going to waste in the so called supreme court for you not to follow T.A Orji to jail.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by yungryce: 8:37am On Jan 01, 2016
gerarahere mhen. pdp should know when to accept. defeat
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by yaveekings: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2016

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by kombats: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2016
just love 9ja
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by looseweight: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2016
And you will still be disgraced there

10 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by HDee(m): 8:57am On Jan 01, 2016
undecided
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by donbag: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2016
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by DirtyGold: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2016
Sitting on one arse right?
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by DrObum(m): 8:58am On Jan 01, 2016
Nigerian election matter be like UEFA Champions leagues home and away matches.

You win for tribunal, go lose for appeal, that's 1:1, they go then find a neutral ground for penalties ie Supreme Court!

Rubbish politicians undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Goodyshoes(m): 8:58am On Jan 01, 2016
He should swallow the hard bitter pill.
Let him accept his fate and new description as 'lez governor'....
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by DICKtator: 8:59am On Jan 01, 2016
In Yoruba's man language,

"OTTI OOOO!!!"

grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Odekku: 8:59am On Jan 01, 2016
See gobe angry angry
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by adedam007(m): 9:00am On Jan 01, 2016
g
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by HopeAtHand: 9:01am On Jan 01, 2016
Nope, you're the ex governor. Sorry.

cc: mhizenugu, ure priceless. There is something you have that i cherish so much.

2 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by MARKone(m): 9:01am On Jan 01, 2016
Lawyers and Judges go wish say everyday na election for Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by allthingsgood: 9:02am On Jan 01, 2016
Thank God its not apc he lost to if not one bushpig with brain of straw will come and sing that buhari is interfering with judiciary

7 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by spencekat(m): 9:02am On Jan 01, 2016
Sorry Sir.Is just that we Abians never liked how T.A Orji and his son made you the governorship candidate of PDP.I want to strongly tell you that the Supreme court will not save you,just start packing your bags.You meant well for Abians,but majority did not vote you.Thank you and happy new year Sir.

28 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Crisis: President Buhari Seeks To Restore Peace As He Meets Amosun, Others / Aso Rock On Fire, As Buhari Faces DNA Test, To Prove He Is Not A Sudanese / Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.