Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria (3487 Views)

Turkey Production In Nigeria / Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Official / Palm Oil Production By States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by karlxavier(m): 7:57am On Jan 01, 2016
Good day, please I would like to ask about palm kernel oil production in Nigeria. How can one set it up in a small scale? I really need to know of how to go about this. Also, state the price of the aching that would power it, I mean something like a generator or a car engine that can power it and state the cost. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:29am On Jan 01, 2016
karlxavier:
Good day, please I would like to ask about palm kernel oil production in Nigeria. How can one set it up in a small scale? I really need to know of how to go about this. Also, state the price of the aching that would power it, I mean something like a generator or a car engine that can power it and state the cost. Thanks in anticipation
http://www.fao.org/docrep/005/y4355e/y4355e02.htm .... read other subsequent chapters in the link
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by karlxavier(m): 6:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
Thanks for your post but I want to have a feeling of the amount I need to use to set it up in a small scale. Like someone with 1million to 1.2 million, Can that person Start up something?
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by karlxavier(m): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2016
Please I need more suggestions. Am waiting for the gurus, please help answer the question above
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by milkytins(m): 11:59am On Jan 02, 2016
If you have a place to use then the 1.2M is enough for you to start.
Local expeller - 300k to 350k
Dryer - 70k to 100k
Containers - 20k
Wiring and equipments - 40k
Miscellaneous - 50k
A ton of PKN - 70k to 75k
Your target should be at least 2 tons in a day.
Let's say minimum of 10 tons in a week, will be 750k.
The machine can do 3 tons in a day.
The remaining balance should be for PKN. No PKN, no work.
For your 1.2M to be enough, you have to reduce your production in a week to suit your plan.

SETBACK
Power - The 3-phase lines must be complete.
Generator - Not advisable to use generator for small scale production. This will cut 90% off from your actual profit.
PKN - This is seasonal with different oil content. Make sure it is "see and buy".
Lastly, you yourself must be the stand-by supervisor. Excluding this tends to failure.

GOOD NEWS
Market - There is constant demand for PKO and PKC.

I wish you success.

3 Likes

Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by karlxavier(m): 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
milkytins:
If you have a place to use then the 1.2M is enough for you to start.
Local expeller - 300k to 350k
Dryer - 70k to 100k
Containers - 20k
Wiring and equipments - 40k
Miscellaneous - 50k
A ton of PKN - 70k to 75k
Your target should be at least 2 tons in a day.
Let's say minimum of 10 tons in a week, will be 750k.
The machine can do 3 tons in a day.
The remaining balance should be for PKN. No PKN, no work.
For your 1.2M to be enough, you have to reduce your production in a week to suit your plan.
SETBACK
Power - The 3-phase lines must be complete.
Generator - Not advisable to use generator for small scale production. This will cut 90% off from your actual profit.
PKN - This is seasonal with different oil content. Make sure it is "see and buy".
Lastly, you yourself must be the stand-by supervisor. Excluding this tends to failure.
GOOD NEWS
Market - There is constant demand for PKO and PKC.
I wish you success.

Please, could you state how many liters of oil I could produce from a ton of Palm kernel. The second is, what is the capacity of generator one could use to power the machine. The third is, could you introduce me to fabricators where I could get the machines at the price you stated above? Please reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by milkytins(m): 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
Do you really have interest in this business?
if yes, I will advise you to move around, if possible travel to different town to ask different questions from those people doing the business. This should be your next step after the answer I gave to your questions.
Well, I did the same thing. Take your next step.
However, 420L from 1 ton of PKN, 50kva generator will take one machine, and fabricator - plenty all around Ibadan, Iwo, Kajola, Ogbomoso etc.
But get Info from different people in this business.
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by karlxavier(m): 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
Wow. 500kva generator? That is way too high for a starter. But, how much can one use in purchasing for the 500kva generator? I once heard someone saying he one Can use a caterpillar engine to power it. How true and viable is this? Can one try to minimize his cost on cost of electricity?
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by Businesstools(m): 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
Before the advent of technology, people have been producing PKO. I want to know how they did it.
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by karlxavier(m): 7:19am On Jan 03, 2016
Are you saying 500kva generator or 50kva generator?
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by milkytins(m): 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
50kva not 500kva. Modified.
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by doncamaral(m): 4:38am On Apr 12, 2017
Pls can a caterpillar engine be used to power a palm kernel crusher as against the use of electric motor?
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by secure: 8:40am On Apr 12, 2017
doncamaral:
Pls can a caterpillar engine be used to power a palm kernel crusher as against the use of electric motor?

Yes caterpillar engine can be use to power palm kernel crusher but very expensive to maintain.

I would advise you go for the electric motor
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by alakara(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2017
doncamaral:
Diesel lister engine can power it also.
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by doncamaral(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
I've got the local expeller but my problem is that any time I want to work, only two lines of the public power supply will be on. I don't know if the problem is from the transformer or from the high tension. Can power station generate only two lines as against the normal three faces?
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by doncamaral(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
I've got the local expeller but my problem is that any time I want to work, only two lines of the public power supply will be on. I don't know if the problem is from the transformer or from the high tension. Can power station generate only two lines as against the normal three faces? Pls help.
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by doncamaral(m): 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
doncamaral:
I've got the local expeller but my problem is that any time I want to work, only two lines of the public power supply will be on. I don't know if the problem is from the transformer or from the high tension. Can power station generate only two lines as against the normal three faces? Pls help.
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by pafra(m): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2017
milkytins:
50kva not 500kva. Modified.

What is the estimate for a 50kva generator?
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by doncamaral(m): 5:21am On Mar 31, 2018
My electric motor for palm kernel oil crusher overheated and burnt out . Pls what can I do to stop the over heat?
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by soaddiamond: 9:43am On May 10, 2019
The following machines are available for sale at owode-ede area of Osun state:
1. Palm kernel oil (P.K.O) extractor
2. Palm oil extractor (expeller)
3. Palm fruit stripper (thresher)
4. Palm kernel oil (P.K.O) filter press
There are all in an excellent functioning condition, ready to use...
For price and other inquiries, Call or whatsapp : 08183486625

Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by Christaf: 5:14am On May 11, 2019
How much is your Expeller & filter press?
You can call or Whatsapp me on 08033096215
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by Adenex3051(m): 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2022
Is this machine still available? Pls reply 08030511847
Re: Palm Kernel Oil Production In Nigeria by Agbecassava: 11:14pm On Mar 20, 2022
soaddiamond:
The following machines are available for sale at owode-ede area of Osun state:
1. Palm kernel oil (P.K.O) extractor
2. Palm oil extractor (expeller)
3. Palm fruit stripper (thresher)
4. Palm kernel oil (P.K.O) filter press
There are all in an excellent functioning condition, ready to use...
For price and other inquiries, Call or whatsapp : 08183486625

Na big machine dis one be o. You no get grinding machine

(1) (Reply)

Wet Season Farming / Alfalfa Grass And Seeds In Nigeria / How Long Does It Take To Rear A Snail Jumbo Size For Sell? Speakersden Snail Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.