Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. (2337 Views)

Vladimir Putin Sworn In For 4th Term, Rides In New Russian-Made Limo / Meet The New Russian Submarine: A Surprise Package For U.S Armed Forces / Russian Cruise Missiles Hit ISIS ; 600 Killed In One Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by fineguy11(m): 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
Russia is overhauling its navy by expanding deployment of non-nuclear cruise missiles that can hit targets at land and sea by employing supersonic speed and evasive maneuvers, a U.S. Office of Naval Intelligence analysis concluded. The military buildup could "present continuing challenges to U.S. and allied naval forces," the intelligence report noted.
The KALIBR-class missiles that will be installed on vessels such as corvettes, or small warships, are “profoundly changing its ability to deter, threaten or destroy adversary targets,” the U.S. agency, known as ONI, said in a report posted on its website. “With the use of the land attack missile, all platforms have a significant ability to hold distant fixed ground targets at risk using conventional warheads.”
Russia's navy is already known for having the world's quietest submarines.The missiles have ranges of as much as 2,500 kilometers (1,553 miles), Bloomberg reported Thursday. “Placing a priority on strategic deterrence and defense, Russia’s recapitalization of its submarine forces began with its strategic ballistic missile submarines,” ONI said. “Construction of general-purpose nuclear and non-nuclear submarines was second in importance.”
The U.S. has taken steps to keep up with Russia's military makeover. Congress' 2015 spending plan includes funding for the Navy to upgrade its ability to detect Russian submarines. The Navy is also exploring the use of an “undersea sensor system” that “addresses emergent real-world threats,” a Defense Department budget document showed.
Relations between the U.S. and Russia have grown increasingly tense in recent years as both sides have worked to bolster global influence in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In September, Russia began conducting airstrikes in Syria, prompting outrage from the U.S. over "indiscriminate attacks" that reportedly have injured or killed hundreds of civilians and displaced more than 100,000 residents. "We've seen a marked and troubling increase in reports of these civilian casualties since Russia commenced its air campaign," a spokesman for the U.S. State Department said this week.http://www.ibtimes.com/amid-russia-military-buildup-us-intelligence-report-warns-new-russian-cruise-missiles-2245708

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by fineguy11(m): 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2016
I thought some folks said isreal has the best SUBS in the world and russian military equipment is outdated...my prayer is non of these war hawks(US and RUSSIA) wld plunge the world into another worthless &avoidable war.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
fineguy11:
my prayer is non of these war hawks(US and RUSSIA) wld plunge the world into another worthless &avoidable war.

My good friend, America is guilty of the following vices:

1.) War Crimes (Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya & Syria)

2.) Torture, Kidnapping & Detention

3.) Political Spying and Deliberate Economic Sabotage

4.) Warrantless Wire-Tapping (Angela Merkel)

5.) Creating, Manipulating & State Sponsorship of Terrorism (Osama Bin Laden a.k.a Tim Usman, ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Boko-Haram, Downing of Malaysian MH-17 while trying to blame it on Russia, Missing Malaysian MH-370 and so much more.)

Verdict: Now, the question is; Is America ready to take responsibilities for, and give up these unnecessary evil projects through CIA? If not, then I, “Zoharariel underscore Obatala” - The “Paparoma of Moscow” hereby decree as follow; Let WW3 commence with immediate alacrity!

Reason: America's divide & conquer strategy has caused immense damage to communities & countries all over the globe thereby creating conditions for conflict instead of peace.

Conclusion: We must promote & enforce Truth, Equity & Justice even if it means blasting the entire world with nuclear weapons to the bottom of the ocean just like Atlantis & Lemuria - Nagode! grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by fineguy11(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
Zoharariel:

5.) Creating, Manipulating & State Sponsorship of Terrorism (Osama Bin Laden a.k.a Tim Usman, ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Boko-Haram, Downing of Malaysian MH-17 while trying to blame it on Russia, Missing Malaysian MH-370 and so much more.)

Verdict: Now, the question is; Is America ready to take responsibilities for, and give up these unnecessary evil projects through CIA? If not, then I, “Zoharariel underscore Obatala” - The “Paparoma of Moscow” hereby decree as follow; Let WW3 commence with immediate alacrity!

Reason: America's divide & conquer strategy has caused immense damage to communities & countries all over the globe thereby creating conditions for conflict instead of peace.

Conclusion: We must promote & enforce Truth, Equity & Justice even if it means blasting the entire world with nuclear weapons to the bottom of the ocean just like Atlantis & Lemuria - Nagode! grin
and u think WW3 wld solve this problems?do u think we'll survive ww3 with thousands of nukes in play?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by mazeltov(m): 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
fineguy11:
I thought some folks said isreal has the best SUBS in the world and russian military equipment is outdated...my prayer is non of these war hawks(US and RUSSIA) wld plunge the world into another worthless &avoidable war.
Russians' military hardwares outdated? Lolzz.
Now back SUBs. Isreeali Popoye-Turbo SLCMs was tested in the Indian Ocean and have a hit range of about 1,500km but that is not where I'm going. It can carry payload of about 200kt of warhead which is approximately times ~ x13 of the bomb dropped in Hiroshima. It is Isreali second strike nuclear deterrent weapon and that's why its payload delivery is heavy.
Even Russian's Klub-class Cruise missile payload used in Syria is far below that.
[b]Isreal may not have the fastest and the longest range cruise missile like Russia but but you see that Popoye-Turbo SLCMs? Close it!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by fineguy11(m): 5:46am On Jan 02, 2016
mazeltov:
Now back SUBs. Isreeali Popoye-Turbo SLCMs was tested in the Indian Ocean and have a hit range of about 1,500km but that is not where I'm going. It can carry payload of about 200kt of warhead which is approximately times ~ x13 of the bomb dropped in Hiroshima. It is Isreali second strike nuclear deterrent weapon and that's why its payload delivery is heavy.
Even Russian's Klub-class Cruise missile payload used in Syria is far below that.
[b]Isreal may not have the fastest and the longest range cruise missile like Russia but but you see that Popoye-Turbo SLCMs? Close it!!
i dont think u even understand what u're saying.are u comparing isreal's sub fitted with nuclear weapons and Russian subs fittee with cruise missiles?isreal's sub carrying nuclear warhead doesnt mean it has the best SUBMARINE,any SUB in the world can carry nukes..what makes a sub stands out is its ability to evade detection..,and the article above rates russian subs as the quietest in the world..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by homerac7: 8:09am On Jan 02, 2016
I have searched online for parameters to rate these submarines acoustic signature in water, but they are not easily available. Guess they are classified. This leaves these claims of being "quietest" subjective.

I'd love to compare this new Russian sub with British Astute class sub along with USS Seawolf (Virginia Class) sub. These arr thought to be the most advanced submarines currently serving in any navy in the world.
Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Appleyard(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2016
mazeltov:
I see ya point. But the fact remain that when it comes to missile technology, even the US is struggling to keep up with the Russians, let alone Isreal. When Russia tested the Tupol M, guess how Isreal felt......They thought it was a UFO. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by mazeltov(m): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2016
Appleyard:
I see ya point. But the fact remain that when it comes to missile technology, even the US is struggling to keep up with the Russians, let alone Isreal. When Russia tested the Tupol M, guess how Isreal felt......They thought it was a UFO. grin
Hiaa!! Bro, honestly you are funny!!
Russia is in better position of producing MIRVs warheads with heavy payload than any other country in the world, not even America can match it. As a matter of fact, America only balance this disadvantage with their Ohio-class Trident-D5 SLBM and that is the only American Nuclear deterrent after they retired their LGM-PeacKeeper missile.
Although Topol-M is an ICBM and not a cruise missle like Isreali Popoye but comparing Topol-M with Popoye-Turbo is like comparing Tiper with Porsche car .
- Topol-M is has re-entry vehicle.
- Its payload is 800kT
- It is about ''times'' x53 of the bomb dropped in Hiroshima while Isreali Popoye-Turbo is just about 200kT which is just at about ''times''x13 of the bomb dropped in Hiroshima. Which means Topol-M is 40 times deadlier than Popoye-Turbo. In fact Popoye-Turbo na learner beside Topol-M because Topol-M is one of the fastest missile in the world which moves at ''Mach22+'' and this speed makes it impossible to be intercepted by any defence in the world.

That's why I always laugh at some people that are praying for 3rd world war. The funniest thing is to even see nairalanders saying Russia can destroy America or America can destroy Russia. Lolzzz.

I think a single blast of Topol-M missile can wipe off the whole Isreal from the map in less than 10 minutes and it will still destroy any country nearest to Isreal
Now you can Imagine if Topol-M mistakenly dropped inside Nigeria!! Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by mazeltov(m): 11:01am On Jan 02, 2016
homerac7:
I have searched online for parameters to rate these submarines acoustic signature in water, but they are not easily available. Guess they are classified. This leaves these claims of being "quietest" subjective.

I'd love to compare this new Russian sub with British Astute class sub along with USS Seawolf (Virginia Class) sub. These arr thought to be the most advanced submarines currently serving in any navy in the world.
yea bro. I have been looking for the specs but couldn't find any. But you can check this out if you don't mind.
http://www.military-today.com/navy/top_10_attack_submarines.htm
I heard seawolf can sail in the Ice or polar region.
Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by homerac7: 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
mazeltov:
yea bro. I have been looking for the specs but couldn't find any. But you can check this out if you don't mind.
http://www.military-today.com/navy/top_10_attack_submarines.htm
I heard seawolf can sail in the Ice or polar region.

Seen it too. US Navy's Virginia Class is quite highly rated with a lot of secret high tech features. But almost any modern nuclear sub can cross the polar caps since their ranges are unlimited. Astute Class has about the best sonar; can detect a ship in New York harbour while it is in English Channel. But I don't know what "extra" feature this new Russian boat is bringing onboard that both other two sub's don't have already. Best is that it has improved "noiseless" jet propulsion system , which the other two also have.
Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Appleyard(m): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
mazeltov:
Hiaa!! Bro, honestly you are funny!!
Russia is in better position of producing MIRVs warheads with heavy payload than any other country in the world, not even America can match it. As a matter of fact, America only balance this disadvantage with their Ohio-class Trident-D5 SLBM and that is the only American Nuclear deterrent after they retired their LGM-PeacKeeper missile.
Although Topol-M is an ICBM and not a cruise missle like Isreali Popoye but comparing Topol-M with Popoye-Turbo is like comparing Tiper with Porsche car .
- Topol-M is has re-entry vehicle.
- Its payload is 800kT
- It is about ''times'' x53 of the bomb dropped in Hiroshima while Isreali Popoye-Turbo is just about 200kT which is just at about ''times''x13 of the bomb dropped in Hiroshima. Which means Topol-M is 40 times deadlier than Popoye-Turbo. In fact Popoye-Turbo na learner beside Topol-M because Topol-M is one of the fastest missile in the world which moves at ''Mach22+'' and this speed makes it impossible to be intercepted by any defence in the world.

That's why I always laugh at some people that are praying for 3rd world war. The funniest thing is to even see nairalanders saying Russia can destroy America or America can destroy Russia. Lolzzz.

I think a single blast of Topol-M missile can wipe off the whole Isreal from the map in less than 10 minutes and it will still destroy any country nearest to Isreal
Now you can Imagine if Topol-M mistakenly dropped inside Nigeria!! Happy new year.
Honestly, you said it all. But you misunderstood me. I wasnt even comparing the Topol M and and the Popoye. I only made mention of it as a pointer to the technological disparity between the acclaimed powers. The Isreali Popoyo Turbo and it's payload is nothing new. Russian/Indian BrahMos/Yak already had similar payload of over 200kg, with a supersonic speed that makes it the fastest of all such cruise missiles.
However, the fact that the Yankees are openly worried about newer classes of the Kalibr, entails that the likes of BraHmoS may sooner than later, take the back seat.

The buttom line is that: most tech advanced and oriented naions have some scaring killer pins in their ungodly arsenals of death, but when it comes down to shoulder fronting, give it up for the East. The Russians are king in the arena of rocket doom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by mazeltov(m): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
Appleyard:
Honestly, you said it all. But you misunderstood me. I wasnt even comparing the Topol M and and the Popoye. I only made mention of it as a pointer to the technological disparity between the acclaimed powers. The Isreali Popoyo Turbo and it's payload is nothing new. Russian/Indian BrahMos/Yak already had similar payload of over 200kg, with a supersonic speed that makes it the fastest of all such cruise missiles.
However, the fact that the Yankees are openly worried about newer classes of the Kalibr, entails that the likes of BraHmoS may sooner than later, take the back seat.

The buttom line is that: most tech advanced and oriented naions have some scaring killer pins in their ungodly arsenals of death, but when it comes down to shoulder fronting, give it up for the East. The Russians are king in the arena of rocket doom.
Yea, Russia have a chilling comparative advantage of producing and equipping missiles with heavy warheads than any other country around the globe. No doubt about that. That reminds me of deadly Satanic missiles with 10 MIRV and 750KT per payload.
It can wipe off three states in America completely and if New york is bigger than Nigeria, then a single blast of SS-18 in Africa can wipe off at least four countries like Ghana, Cameron, Nigeria and Togo would just be additional.
My brother, war is boring!!!

2 Likes

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by scully95: 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Zoharariel:

Wow!! You said it all.. And some super zombie folks would think you are a pro Russian to have stated the truth.. The truth bitters a lot.
You just said the facts.

You just earned a WOW factor from me.. WOW.. Again... You are on point. May Ifa continue to show all of us the way. Ase..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Missy89(f): 6:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
Appleyard:

do you know the story of how the Soviet Union was able to MIRV ?

1 Like

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
scully95:

Wow!! You said it all.. And some super zombie folks would think you are a pro Russian to have stated the truth.. The truth bitters a lot.
You just said the facts.

You just earned a WOW factor from me.. WOW.. Again... You are on point. May Ifa continue to show all of us the way. Ase..

Thanks Sire!

1 Like

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Appleyard(m): 10:26am On Jan 03, 2016
Missy89:

do you know the story of how the Soviet Union was able to MIRV ?
Which story? That Multiple targetable Reentry Vehicle was first designed by the US (1970), then the Soviet Union (1975), France (1979), Britain (1985), China (2007), and Isreal (2008):_ thus making the US better off, or what? Or was it that they were able to ''steal'' and went MIRV, after Nixon proposed a ban on them in a scheduled strategic talk with the SU, but which failed after his national security adviser, Henry Kissinger, loaded the proposals with alot of unacceptable terms/conditions that were refused by the Soviets, who then went on to build their's?

Your brother would like to know.

Happy new year. How is life yonder side?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Appleyard(m): 10:43am On Jan 03, 2016
mazeltov:
Yea, Russia have a chilling comparative advantage of producing and equipping missiles with heavy warheads than any other country around the globe. No doubt about that. That reminds me of deadly Satanic missiles with 10 MIRV and 750KT per payload.
It can wipe off three states in America completely and if New york is bigger than Nigeria, then a single blast of SS-18 in Africa can wipe off at least four countries like Ghana, Cameron, Nigeria and Togo would just be additional.
My brother, war is boring!!!
My Dear fellow Nigerian! To say war is boring, is like euphemising the ugly notion of death. War is sickening and unfathomably repulsive. And those who pride in it and thrive on it, are the most diabolic and mentally derailed set of humans on this dying planet of ours. I tell you: Man is a failed project.
Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Missy89(f): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
Appleyard:
Which story? That Multiple targetable Reentry Vehicle was first designed by the US (1970), then the Soviet Union (1975), France (1979), Britain (1985), China (2007), and Isreal (2008):_ thus making the US better off, or what? Or was it that they were able to ''steal'' and went MIRV, after Nixon proposed a ban on them in a scheduled strategic talk with the SU, but which failed after his national security adviser, Henry Kissinger, loaded the proposals with alot of unacceptable terms/conditions that were refused by the Soviets, who then went on to build their's?

Your brother would like to know.

Happy new year. How is life yonder side?

Life is good thanks.

Point is, US companies collude with the SU and indirectly helped the soviets mirv. Besides Russia's "superior" missile tech has nothing to do with lack of expertise in the west but military doctrine on both sides.

Happy new year.
Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Appleyard(m): 11:43am On Jan 04, 2016
Missy89:

Life is good thanks.

Point is, US companies collude with the SU and indirectly helped the soviets mirv. Besides Russia's "superior" missile tech has nothing to do with lack of expertise in the west but military doctrine on both sides.

Happy new year.
Same to you!

I have heard that story before, and it may totally be true or partly so, considering the Spy network and infiltration capability of the SU back then. But one readily available, yet overlooked fact, was that, prior to the 1975 success, the Soviet quest to achieving MIRV/NUKE, was already in motion before, during and after WW2 - especially when George Flyorov, a physicist, wrote Joseph Stalin, urging him to kick start such project, because there is a long held suspicion, based on intelligence, that some allied states are secretly working on such related program, in the aftermath of nuclear fission discovery. That was the birth of the program. It was however, not vigoriously pursued as a result of the war. But the US bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, was the eye opener, which further doubled the Soviet efforts to go nuclear and achieving such MIRV's capability. To this end, the Soviet success was mostly aided by the Soviet Alsos, which exploited German atomic related facilities, intellectual materials, material resources and scientific personnel. I believe the SU got most of its ideas in relation to MIRV/Nukes from German scientific works, especially after conquering Germany. That was one of the many gains of first entering Berling. They probably were able to get hold first on some state secrets. Nevertheless, you also can't relegate the impact of Espionage, with the Mahattan Project acting as the dark knight for Moscow's quest for parity. Which ever way one looks at it, Moscow was always going to have such capability. The big boys always do.

And yes, Moscow superiority to this regard, is mostly down to military doctrine, and not lack of expertise in the west - same way the west and its cronie fan club should understand that Russia's non pursuit of gigantic carriers and 100s of military bases, is ONLY as a result of a military doctrine centered on rocket, and EW technology, as relatively cheaper alternatives, and NOT AS A RESULT OF LACK OF EXPERTISF as the west have always wanted us to believe.
Its all about strategy.

1 Like

Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Missy89(f): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
Appleyard:
Same to you!

I have heard that story before, and it may totally be true or partly so, considering the Spy network and infiltration capability of the SU back then. But one readily available, yet overlooked fact, was that, prior to the 1975 success, the Soviet quest to achieving MIRV/NUKE, was already in motion before, during and after WW2 - especially when George Flyorov, a physicist, wrote Joseph Stalin, urging him to kick start such project, because there is a long held suspicion, based on intelligence, that some allied states are secretly working on such related program, in the aftermath of nuclear fission discovery. That was the birth of the program. It was however, not vigoriously pursued as a result of the war. But the US bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, was the eye opener, which further doubled the Soviet efforts to go nuclear and achieving such MIRV's capability. To this end, the Soviet success was mostly aided by the Soviet Alsos, which exploited German atomic related facilities, intellectual materials, material resources and scientific personnel. I believe the SU got most of its ideas in relation to MIRV/Nukes from German scientific works, especially after conquering Germany. That was one of the many gains of first entering Berling. They probably were able to get hold first on some state secrets. Nevertheless, you also can't relegate the impact of Espionage, with the Mahattan Project acting as the dark knight for Moscow's quest for parity. Which ever way one looks at it, Moscow was always going to have such capability. The big boys always do.

And yes, Moscow superiority to this regard, is mostly down to military doctrine, and not lack of expertise in the west - same way the west and its cronie fan club should understand that Russia's non pursuit of gigantic carriers and 100s of military bases, is ONLY as a result of a military doctrine centered on rocket, and EW technology, as relatively cheaper alternatives, and NOT AS A RESULT OF LACK OF EXPERTISF as the west have always wanted us to believe.
Its all about strategy.

Come on now. We both know there will be bread lines in Russia if she attempts to build 10 carriers doctrine or no doctrine grin

But I get ur point. They do have the technology too
Re: Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. by Appleyard(m): 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
Missy89:

Come on now. We both know there will be bread lines in Russia if she attempts to build 10 carriers doctrine or no doctrine grin

But I get ur point. They do have the technology too
grin grin Breadline. Funny you.grin Well, i got ur point as well. Finance was always an issue.

(1) (Reply)

Isis Executes 25 Prisoners By Dissolving Them In Nitric Acid / Proof Of Ebola Death Cult / Japan Sends Biggest Warship To Protect US Supply Vessel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.