Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,159 members, 7,807,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Car (1895 Views)

The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Car by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
Hello house,

I must commend your good work here.

Please I need advice from you all about something

I need you to advice me on the car to buy.
Please note, this would be my first car.
I want a car that's affordable, durable,fuel economical, spare parts readily available etc

Help a sister here.

Thanks smiley
Re: First Car by yak(m): 6:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
depends on ur budget n style but I think corolla 04 or 06 is great. I doubt if u won't thank me 4eva for dis free consultancy... lolx
Re: First Car by DGD1(m): 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2016
I want yuh guys to know something,
1. all cars are affordable once there is a price tag, yuh just choose that which yuh can afford.

2. All cars are durable, depending on the location and corresponding type of car.

3. All cars are fuel economical provided the mechanics haave not been tampered with. whether I3,I4,I6,V6,V8,V12 etc

4. As for the spare parts, they are readily available. you don't buy an exclusive ride and expect to buy the parts at our local spare parts shops,

1 Like

Re: First Car by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
DGD1:
1. all cars are affordable once there is a price tag, yuh just choose that which yuh can afford.

Not more than 1.2

2. All cars are durable, depending on the location and corresponding type of car.

Am in Lagos and I like sporty cars

3. All cars are fuel economical provided the mechanics have not been tampered with. whether I3,I4,I6,V6,V8,V12 etc

I4 would be perfect

4. As for the spare parts, they are readily available. you don't buy an exclusive ride and expect to buy the parts at our local spare parts shops,
Re: First Car by DGD1(m): 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
better now,
with your budget(1.2m) and type of car, I would suggest you
toyota corrola
toyota matrix
Honda civic
Atleast those I can recollect for now
Re: First Car by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
DGD1:

3. All cars are fuel economical provided the mechanics haave not been tampered with. whether I3,I4,I6,V6,V8,V12 etc

some of ur points r nt valid.

1 Like

Re: First Car by DGD1(m): 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
SAVEDBABA:
some of ur points r nt valid.

which?
Re: First Car by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
DGD1:

which?
not all cars are durable e.g nissan murano(i am nt going to give reasons) and relatively not all cars are fuel economical,can u compare hw a volvo i4 of dos day (240gl i4 for instance) comsumes fuel to how a toyota camry i4 of d same year consume fuel?
Re: First Car by Lexusgs430: 2:14am On Jan 02, 2016
If you can get a euro spec civic from 2006. I feel it looks sporty enough for you!!!

Re: First Car by ise82(m): 6:33am On Jan 02, 2016
Toyota products
Re: First Car by carblognaija: 6:41am On Jan 02, 2016
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Hello house,

I want a car that's affordable, durable,fuel economical, spare parts readily available etc

Help a sister here.

Thanks smiley

Sister! Sister!
Look. If you have a budget above 1m, go for 05/06 Toyota Corolla. If your budget is below 1m, go for Toyota Camry (Tiny light).
As you are buying pls don't be too attracted by the exterior super clean. Pay attention to Engine and interior. Exterior can always be taken care of.
Re: First Car by eaglechild: 6:54am On Jan 02, 2016
SAVEDBABA:
not all cars are durable e.g nissan murano(i am nt going to give reasons) and relatively not all cars are fuel economical,can u compare hw a volvo i4 of dos day (240gl i4 for instance) comsumes fuel to how a toyota camry i4 of d same year consume fuel?
Nigerians killed off their murano gear boxes by pouring seahorse into a CVT instead of using the correct oil.

2 Likes

Re: First Car by carblognaija: 7:09am On Jan 02, 2016
eaglechild:

Nigerians killed off their murano gear boxes by pouring seahorse into a CVT instead of using the correct oil.

Exactly! i won a Murano that I have driven for 2 yrs with no issues. Just use the recommended stuff. Pple complain about the CVT because like you said they get a cheap seahorse transmission oil instead of the recommended Nissan CVT oil.
Re: First Car by Bisjosh(f): 7:43am On Jan 02, 2016
carblognaija:

Sister! Sister!
Look. If you have a budget above 1m, go for 05/06 Toyota Corolla. If your budget is below 1m, go for Toyota Camry (Tiny light).
As you are buying pls don't be too attracted by the exterior super clean. Pay attention to Engine and interior. Exterior can always be taken care of.

Please how about Toyota Solara?
Re: First Car by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 02, 2016
eaglechild:

d problem of gearbox of murano is not particular to Nigerians, oga sienna correct me if i am wrong, Murano was a born problem,i can remember wen d first generation was made, it was recalled based on some fixes dey had to do,you hardly see anybody dat has a murano dat wont complain of gear box NOTE:i stand to be correccted
Re: First Car by DGD1(m): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2016
SAVEDBABA:

eaglechild:

carblognaija:

Exactly! i won a Murano that I have driven for 2 yrs with no issues. Just use the recommended stuff. Pple complain about the CVT because like you said they get a cheap seahorse transmission oil instead of the recommended Nissan CVT oil.

as regarding the fuel consumption, your analysis is not fair, how could you compare fuel consumption of both cars who are generations apart, na wa o.
anyone buying dat volvo now won't be considering fuel economy, hope u feel me¿
Re: First Car by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
Thank you for your contributions

Please how about Solara? Is it cheap to maintain?
Re: First Car by DGD1(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Thank you for your contributions

Please how about Solara? Is it cheap to maintain?

solara is a 2-door version of the camry, but it is V6. not sure there is I4 version.
most I see around start falling apart after few dents from okada, keke and commercial.
if yuh r a careful user, go 4 it
Re: First Car by carblognaija: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
Bisjosh:

Please how about Toyota Solara?

I can't tell you much about Solara but from a casual observation it doesn't seem to have a second-hand value. Its the kind of car you will hate after one year. Just my opinion anyway.
Re: First Car by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 9:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
DGD1:

solara is a 2-door version of the camry, but it is V6. not sure there is I4 version.
most I see around start falling apart after few dents from okada, keke and commercial.
if yuh r a careful user, go 4 it

Noted
Re: First Car by seaga: 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Hello house,

Help a sister here.
Thanks smiley

Its the lady been coaxed not to buy a car,not to chase suitors. HNY tell me you ve a car now or do you still need advice

(1) (Reply)

He's Engine Kept Firing At Him. / The 2018 Kia K9 Looks Like It's Ready To Hunt You Down (photos) / Which Transport Buzz Can I Drop With A Sienna And A Ford Econoline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.