Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,037 members, 7,799,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Hospital Management System Program. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hospital Management System Program. (6395 Views)

. / My C++ Voting System Program Algorithm / My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hospital Management System Program. by remi4ever(m): 5:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New Year
landers, I hope y'all are having a nice time..
anyways, lemme skip to what's on ground..
i recently developed an hospital management system software.. This software is meant to deal with the loss of records in clinics and hospitals... this program automates The registration purpose of patients and deals with core issues in the hospital.
I'm done with it, and I'm planning To introduce it to hospitals.. soon..
i need Good advises on how to go about this...
i included some screenshots...
Thanks..

Re: Hospital Management System Program. by Luizkid(m): 6:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
Good job bro, l like it. Am sure u'll get a good buyer in no time
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by bigtt76(f): 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
Nice one but you really need something web based and deployed via network. Doctors and nurses would love an application they can access through their mobile devices.

It's very difficult getting the stakeholders to embrace these sort of change in their processes.

Best way to introduce this though is find a hospital to pilot its use and use that as reference point.

2 Likes

Re: Hospital Management System Program. by whisp3r(m): 6:12pm On Jan 01, 2016
remi4ever:
Happy New Year
landers, I hope y'all are having a nice time..
anyways, lemme skip to what's on ground..
i recently developed an hospital management system software.. This software is meant to deal with the loss of records in clinics and hospitals... this program automates The registration purpose of patients and deals with core issues in the hospital.
i included some screenshots...
Thanks..

Bro,

Good job.

Your interface needs a major redesign if you are to be taken serious in the market. If you were a buyer you wouldn't want to pay for something with a bad interface.

Interface is everything.

Check my portfolio for some desktop apps i designed. I work with c# and VB.net

http://monsterstudios.com.ng/portfolio

2 Likes

Re: Hospital Management System Program. by remi4ever(m): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
whisp3r:

Bro,

Good job.

Your interface needs a major redesign if you are to be taken serious in the market. If you were a buyer you wouldn't want to pay for something with a bad interface.

Interface is everything.

Alright, Bro... I'll work on That...Can you drop tips for me? I could work with that...
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by remi4ever(m): 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
bigtt76:
Nice one but you really need something web based and deployed via network. Doctors and nurses would love an application they can access through their mobile devices.

It's very difficult getting the stakeholders to embrace these sort of change in their processes.

Best way to introduce this though is find a hospital to pilot its use and use that as reference point.
Thank you man, I see your point. But the thing is, this program is meant to replace The normal card system you know about... i'll keep adding more features as time goes on, Rome wasn't built in a day..
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by remi4ever(m): 8:29pm On Jan 01, 2016
Luizkid:
Good job bro, l like it. Am sure u'll get a good buyer in no time
Thanks Man.. grin
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by whisp3r(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
remi4ever:

Alright, Bro... I'll work on That...Can you drop tips for me? I could work with that...

Why don't you try some third party components like devexpress for the textbox field.

The background shouldn't be an image. It would distract users from the main purpose of the app.

There are a lot of fields in your app why don't you make your app full screen. By making your form border=none
And windows state as maximized

You can do better with the arrangement of the fields on the form.

I would have suggested we work together but I have a lot of projects on my hands.

Finally

How do you want to package your app.

Do you have a license.
Do you have installed shield.
Are you using mdb as database
Is it secured.
Will your app have a license key

These are some points to consider

Cheers
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by aubventure: 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2016
how are you planning to make it a stand alone application. Do you want to make it distributable app and which language are planing to use.
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by bigtt76(f): 12:13am On Jan 02, 2016
Sure! The truth is just what I've told you..... whether it's going to replace the manual process or going to make it more efficient, the stakeholders careless. You need to entice them into embracing it.

remi4ever:

Thank you man, I see your point. But the thing is, this program is meant to replace The normal card system you know about... i'll keep adding more features as time goes on, Rome wasn't built in a day..
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by remi4ever(m): 6:45am On Jan 02, 2016
bigtt76:
Sure! The truth is just what I've told you..... whether it's going to replace the manual process or going to make it more efficient, the stakeholders careless. You need to entice them into embracing it.

Alright Bro, your Comments has been helpful.. thanks alot..
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by remi4ever(m): 6:48am On Jan 02, 2016
aubventure:
how are you planning to make it a stand alone application. Do you want to make it distributable app and which language are planing to use.
It's a standalone bro, The program will be used by A nurse only... especially The once that attends to patients.. (Dont know what they're called..)
besides, does the language really matter? I choose to develop in a language I'm comfortable with... thanks.
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by remi4ever(m): 6:53am On Jan 02, 2016
whisp3r:

Why don't you try some third party components like devexpress for the textbox field.

The background shouldn't be an image. It would distract users from the main purpose of the app.

There are a lot of fields in your app why don't you make your app full screen. By making your form border=none
And windows state as maximized

You can do better with the arrangement of the fields on the form.

I would have suggested we work together but I have a lot of projects on my hands.

Finally

How do you want to package your app.

Do you have a license.
Do you have installed shield.
Are you using mdb as database
Is it secured.
Will your app have a license key

These are some points to consider

Cheers
Currently working on the redesigning of the interface..
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by JackOfAllTrades: 11:32am On Jan 02, 2016
Nice app bro, great effort but the interface isn't impressive, I would suggest you use appjs for developing desktop app because all you need is knowledge of html css and Javascript, you could even make it a universal app, like what bigtt76 is trying to say, the more accessible it is the better.
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by guru01(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
This app looks aweful, bad interface and lacks good features.
I guess you didn't work with already made app.

Re: Hospital Management System Program. by OPEYEMIAD(m): 6:42am On Jan 04, 2016
waooooo nice work
but am sorry to criticize

Your interface is poorly arrange
some of your textbox are suppose to be single line but you make it multiline

Use DateTimepicker tool for your date and time

Try to use webcam in your picture not all patient come to hospital with passport

finally your color selection is bad please try to rearrange.

Hope your database is mysql?
Good luck to you
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by remi4ever(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2016
OPEYEMIAD:
waooooo nice work

Try to use webcam in your picture not all patient come to hospital with passport

Good luck to you
Thanks a lot bro..this is what I call constructive criticism.., I'm currently working on the GUI.. and those multi line text boxes are meant to hold.. some informations on seperate lines...
thanks again
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by whisp3r(m): 7:22am On Jan 04, 2016
remi4ever:

Thanks a lot bro..this is what I call constructive criticism.., I'm currently working on the GUI.. and those multi line text boxes are meant to hold.. some informations on seperate lines...
thanks again

Hello,

Hope you placed the previous poster suggestion into consideration.

I know for sure that you're probably just a newbie.

I know you are using mdb for database not a wise choice here my friend.

Considering the fact you want an offline app it can fly but needs to be secured.

And to those suggesting appjs for an awesome interface I don't think he is capable of using appjs.

Also when you compile on appjs the app is just unnessary large.

I have designed fantastic apps that you would never think was designed using windows form and just VB.net.

The language is not the problem but how you interact with it
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by kudaisi(m): 10:35am On Jan 04, 2016
whisp3r:

Bro,

Good job.

Interface is everything.

O_O You developed dobox...or just the design ?
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by OPEYEMIAD(m): 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
whisp3r:

The language is not the problem but how you interact with it

This is the best line ever liveth...
Seriously the language is not the problem.
I remember when i export 3MB file size from mysql database then to put it back using vb.net turn to problem. I almost cry

looking back now, i just laff it off.

Wish to work with newbie programmer but no Time
No time to explain the difference between Is nothing, = nothing , Is empty, not is empty, and 1+1+1+1 = 3
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by guru01(m): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
OPEYEMIAD:
waooooo nice work

Good luck to you
For crying out loud, how is this a nice work?

@op simple scrap your UI and build a new one.
When building a software, you must start from the UI. This is rubbish and might cause blindness for anyone looking at the UI for long.

remi4ever:

Thanks..

Please don't introduce this scrap yet. Now you have your functions working, get a similar software with better UI and copy from it.
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by guru01(m): 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
OPEYEMIAD:
waooooo nice work

Good luck to you
For crying out loud, how is this a nice work?

@op simple scrap your UI and build a new one.
When building a software, you must start from the UI. This is rubbish and might cause blindness for anyone looking at the UI for long.

Please don't introduce this scrap yet. Now you have your functions working, get a similar software with better UI and copy from it.
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by whisp3r(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
kudaisi:

O_O You developed dobox...or just the design ?

I designed dobox

We were two that designed dobox

Development was handled by a third party
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by LXStudio(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
I built a prototype for an Electronic Medical Records system a while back but never saw it to completion. I'm glad there are others that have realized that we need to handle our medical records digitally.

As others have said, the UI needs major refinement. Accessibility would also be of major value so as to allow the software to be used on pc and mobile.

This is a service that is definitely coming to Nigeria, so rest assured that if you take the time to build it right, you will reap MASSIVE benefits in the future.

Good luck!
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by remi4ever(m): 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
LXStudio:
I built a prototype for an Electronic Medical Records system a while back but never saw it to completion. I'm glad there are others that have realized that we need to handle our medical records digitally.

As others have said, the UI needs major refinement. Accessibility would also be of major value so as to allow the software to be used on pc and mobile.

This is a service that is definitely coming to Nigeria, so rest assured that if you take the time to build it right, you will reap MASSIVE benefits in the future.

Good luck!
Thanks alot Bro.. I suck at GUI Designs... but, I'm now working with someone to make the UI much better..
If I may ask.. why did you stop?
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by kudaisi(m): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2016
whisp3r:

I designed dobox

We were two that designed dobox

Development was handled by a third party

Good one bro, job well done.
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by kudaisi(m): 10:23am On Jan 06, 2016
Dear Remi4ever,

Applications of this nature are called Electronic Health Record (EHR) System in the international realm, as a guide when developing a software I intend to commercialize I take to the internet to see if there are international standards for such systems out there. Specific to EHR systems I know of HL7 EHR System Functional Model (EHR-S FM) which outlines important features and functions that should be contained in an EHR system. It doesn't come for free however you will have to buy it. However, alternative open source standards exist which are closely compatible with HL7.

That said, from what I see (in my humble opinion) you design is flawed and the entire software should not be commercialized (not yet at least) , too many functionalities packed into one place to say the least: Oh! and frankly speaking your application does not deal with core issues in a hospital.

- The accounting department will be different from the nurse dishing out all the drugs. Why does the accounting man have to see the the patients life history. Such information is supposed to be confidential.
- From what I see each time a patience reports a sickness the new information entered will overwrite the old information.
- How does you design plan to cater for a patients health history.
- For every visit I believe a patience vitals is supposed to be taken, how do you cater for that
....an so the list goes

So instead of criticizing you endlessly let me give you a few tips as I have developed a software of this nature before.
- The patient and his/her record should be placed in its own domain.
- Each visit is called an "Encounter" so for each visit I expect the nurse should be able to ADD an ENCOUNTER.
- Each encounter can be billed. Hence the accounting man does not have to see confidential information about the patience, he will only be concerned with charging for the services with regards to the encounter.
-Each encounter should be able to track prescriptions and vitals(e.g Heart rate).
-Since the records of the patient already the contains allergies the doctor prescribing doesn't have to ask the patient all over and the system can even warn the doctor.
- The encounter should be able to trigger reminders (eg email to patience 1 hour before time for next drug, or a day before next appointment).

There so much to consider that I can't even go on. I employ you to go around and look at other commercial EHR software (google EHR) that have been developed and run their DEMO. Selling this app you developed will be a very very very bad idea.

Goodluck and don't stop coding.

2 Likes

Re: Hospital Management System Program. by kudaisi(m): 10:31am On Jan 06, 2016
Oh! and maybe you can add this features as time goes on and SOAP is an acronym for subjective, objective, assessment, and plan (there's something on it down the list):

PATIENT DEMOGRAPHICS
Track patient demographics
Primary information (name, date of birth, sex, identification)
Marital status
Contact information of patient and patient's employer
Primary provider
HIPAA information
Language and ethnicity
Insurance coverage
Deceased Tracking
Fully Customizable

PATIENT SCHEDULING
Supports multiple facilities
Patient appointment notification via email and sms
Compact and flexible appointment calendar
Calendar features include:
Find open appointment slots
Categories for appointment types
Colors associated with appointment types and facility
Repeating appointments
Restricting appointments based on type

ELECTRICAL MEDICAL RECORDS
Encounters
Medical Issues
Medications
Immunizations
Forms and clinical notes:
Vitals (growth charts included)
SOAP note
Review of systems
Template Driven Forms
CAMOS (Computer Aided Medical Ordering System)
Nation Notes (WYSIWYG editor)
Ability to create and customize forms
Graphical Charting
Labs
Procedures
Patient Reports
Referrals
Patient Notes
Disclosures
Electronic digital document management
Voice recognition ready (MS Windows Operating Systems)
Paper chart tracking
Electronic Syndrome Surveillance reporting
Clinic Messaging
Dated Reminders

PRESCRIPTIONS
Online drug search
Track patient prescriptions and medications
Create and send prescriptions
E-Prescribe
Print
Fax
Email
Customizable layout including options for DEA, NPI and state license numbers.
In-house pharmacy dispensary support

MEDICAL BILLING
Flexible system of coding including CPT, HCPCS, ICD9, ICD10 and SNOMED codes, and the ability to add others
Support for 5010 standards
Support for electronic billing to clearing houses such as Office Ally and ZirMED using ANSI X12
Support for paper claims
Medical claim management interface
Insurance Eligibility Queries
Insurance Tracking Interface
Accounts Receivable Interface
EOB Entry Interface
Customizable to work with a clearing house for automated 835 or ERA entry

CLINICAL DECISION RULES
Physician Reminders
Patient Reminders
Clinical Quality Measure Calculations
Automated Meaningful Use Measurement Calculations
Fully Customizable and Flexible

PATIENT PORTAL
Reports
Labs
Medical Problems
Medications
Allergies
Appointments
Secure API that Supports Third Party Patient Portals

REPORTS
Appointments
Patient Lists
Prescriptions and Drug Dispensing
Referrals
Immunizations
Clinical Measure Calculations
Clinical Quality Measures (CQM) Calculations
Automated Measure Calculations (AMC) and Tracking
Syndromic Surveillance
Pending Procedure Orders
Ordered Procedure Statistics
Paper Chart Tracking
Sales
Collections
Insurance Distributions
Insurance Eligibility

1 Like

Re: Hospital Management System Program. by remi4ever(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
kudaisi:
Dear Remi4ever,

Applications of this nature are called Electronic Health Record (EHR) System in the international realm, as a guide when developing a software I intend to commercialize I take to the internet to see if there are international standards for such systems out there. Specific to EHR systems I know of HL7 EHR System Functional Model (EHR-S FM) which outlines important features and functions that should be contained in an EHR system. It doesn't come for free however you will have to buy it. However, alternative open source standards exist which are closely compatible with HL7.

That said, from what I see (in my humble opinion) you design is flawed and the entire software should not be commercialized (not yet at least) , too many functionalities packed into one place to say the least: Oh! and frankly speaking your application does not deal with core issues in a hospital.

- The accounting department will be different from the nurse dishing out all the drugs. Why does the accounting man have to see the the patients life history. Such information is supposed to be confidential.
- From what I see each time a patience reports a sickness the new information entered will overwrite the old information.
- How does you design plan to cater for a patients health history.
- For every visit I believe a patience vitals is supposed to be taken, how do you cater for that
....an so the list goes

So instead of criticizing you endlessly let me give you a few tips as I have developed a software of this nature before.
- The patient and his/her record should be placed in its own domain.
- Each visit is called an "Encounter" so for each visit I expect the nurse should be able to ADD an ENCOUNTER.
- Each encounter can be billed. Hence the accounting man does not have to see confidential information about the patience, he will only be concerned with charging for the services with regards to the encounter.
-Each encounter should be able to track prescriptions and vitals(e.g Heart rate).
-Since the records of the patient already the contains allergies the doctor prescribing doesn't have to ask the patient all over and the system can even warn the doctor.
- The encounter should be able to trigger reminders (eg email to patience 1 hour before time for next drug, or a day before next appointment).

There so much to consider that I can't even go on. I employ you to go around and look at other commercial EHR software (google EHR) that have been developed and run their DEMO. Selling this app you developed will be a very very very bad idea.

Goodluck and don't stop coding.
Thank you so so much brother, I love your comments... I'm not done yet.. and for this comment.. I'm surely going to add those features... thanks once again..
But, let me make something clear, this program is meant to handle records... alone.. to secure their data electronically..
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by ijeezlux(m): 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
how can one develop his or her graphic user interface skill?........ is there any website that help and also give practical example..........?
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
YouTube , udemy, lynda and Microsoft visual academy
Re: Hospital Management System Program. by phpier: 7:20am On Feb 01, 2016
Interface is an eye sore... I'm outta here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Sketchware Pro V6.4.0 Beta 4 Apk / Pls I Need Registration Key For Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition / Article: Why A Career In Computer Programming Sucks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.