Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 (1108 Views)

Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria / CBN’s New FX Guidelines Hold Mixed Fortunes For Banks / How To Recharge From Various Banks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 by gabsoft: 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
What do you think banks can do to reduce the long stressful queue this 2016?
This is a great problem in many Nigeria banks today. The earlier this problem is solved the better. Imagine the stress of going through the traffic, and coming to bank to face another human traffic before you can deposit the money. How much is the money sef? 2000, 5000, etc. And many would kill themselve because of tgat.
A lot of thanks to the brain behind ATM Online payment and purchase. It has reduced a lot of stress and averted or reduced accident. You can now buy from jumia, konga and other online mall and get your goods at your door step. You can also buy airtime from the some banks from the confort of your home.
Well to cut the story short, banks can now let their customers fund their account through... Airtime! Yes you heard me right! This can take care of little little deposit and thereby reduce the queue in various banks.
How can this be done? Who will do it?
Customers can buy airtime of the amount to be deposited, send
Do i t
Re: Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 by gabsoft: 11:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
Continuation.
Customer will Send the pin through some codes, and their account would be funded instantly gbam!
Who will do this?
Programmers. That is their job.
Lemme stop here. I have other money making ideas for banks, companies, business owners etc. You can give a call.
Re: Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 by Birniwa(m): 3:45am On Jan 02, 2016
When this fully gets implemented, customers will still queue to buy recharge cards to fund bank accounts.

Besides, this is not economically practical because another process involves in converting the airtime into real cash, unless if you want to deposit N1,000 through airtime and have N800 deposited into your bank account.

1 Like

Re: Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 by gabsoft: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
[quote author=Birniwa post=41567320]"When this fully gets implemented, customers will still queue to buy recharge cards to fund bank accounts."
You make me laugh!
Is there anything that we don't queue for in Nigeria?
You want to fetch water in a public tap, you queue.
You want to catch money from ATM machine you queue.
You want to deposit money you queue.
You want obtain loan you queue.
You want to do registration on campus you queue.
You want to enter some banks in Nigeria you queue.
You want to enter BRT bus in Lagos you queue... The list is endless.
Queuing has become our lifestyle in Africa. There's nothing wrong in queuing don't get me wrong! I feel we can reduce it in our banks and make life easier for our people. It's really annoying to stay in a bank for two to three hours because you want to deposit N3000 or N5000. Since our banks are not "growing and spreading" to meet the demand of "growing population" that's why i think they employ this workable idea to make things better. If they
[/quo
Re: Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 by gabsoft: 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
If they finally employ the idea, it will be number one in Africa and probably in the whole world!
Re: Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
Mr man... have you heard of Internet Banking?
All what you mentioned are available in Internet Banking.

Banks have all these but it's the ignorant customers who prefer to queue. For 6 months I have nt entered a banking hall and I've been carrying out banking activities from my home or office. If everyone is like me, banks will be empty.

As for deposit, depositing with airtime will involve mobile networks and it's currently available with Etisalat and GTBANK. I have funded my bank account with n2500 through Etisalat once. So it's already there. All we have to do is asked the banks and make use of it

1 Like

Re: Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 by gabsoft: 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
Birniwa:

Besides, this is not economically practical because another process involves in converting the airtime into real cash, unless if you want to deposit N1,000 through airtime and have N800 deposited into your bank account.
Coming to this aspect, i know banks are not established as non profit organisation. They trade a lot with people's money and make killing profits every month. Yet they still charge people's account for keeping money and doing transactions with them.
This idea is a business idea not a free thing. The only thing is that the profits should not be too much or unbearable. This is to make life easy for people not to make them more poorer.
All dat banks need to do is to have terms and condition that spell out the use of this option(which may not be compulsory) If ur house is close to the bank, walk there and make your payment(transport cutoff). But if you want to do transaction at night with ATM and ur a/c is empty, this option may work
Re: Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 by gabsoft: 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Strahovski:
Mr man... have you heard of Internet Banking?
All what you mentioned are available in Internet Banking.

Banks have all these but it's the ignorant customers who prefer to queue. For 6 months I have nt entered a banking hall and I've been carrying out banking activities from my home or office. If everyone is like me, banks will be empty.

As for deposit, depositing with airtime will involve mobile networks and it's currently available with Etisalat and GTBANK. I have funded my bank account with n2500 through Etisalat once. So it's already there. All we have to do is asked the banks and make use of it
I laugh...
It is there and they did not make it public. Only GTbank does it with Etisalat. You use the option only once.
I beg make u sidon first and watch, if i make no sense then come up with your alternatives.
Thanks ma friend.
Re: Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
gabsoft:

I laugh...
It is there and they did not make it public. Only GTbank does it with Etisalat. You use the option only once.
I beg make u sidon first and watch, if i make no sense then come up with your alternatives.
Thanks ma friend.

Have you heard of GTBank Easysavers? An account in partnership with Etisalat that can be funded with Airtime.

Mr man.. make your findings before coming to the public to post.
Re: Great Business Idea For Banks In 2016 by gabsoft: 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
Okaaaaaaaay.....
Some people will not just allow you to share you idea, while some will not see any thing good in good things passing by.
"All the banks in Nigeria are GTB."
I just have to stop this free thing.
Byeeeeeeeeee......

(1) (Reply)

Suppliers Of Shea Nutt Kernel Please Contact Me. / Shoprite Asaba Opens / Pls I Ned Help Who Have Gtbank Routing Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.