Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:47 AM

Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? (63685 Views)

Teni Wins Rookie Of The Year At 2018 Headies Award. / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Headies Award 2016 Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 02, 2016
They are both at fault here, not taking side on anyone. Olamide did d same thing at headies2014 when reekado won over lil kesh for rookie of the year, and he did it again. someone had to stand up to him. and to don jazzy it was quite immature to av called olamides name. he didn't show the professionalism at all.

though am a big fan of both.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by sameolg616(m): 11:07am On Jan 02, 2016
twoondei:
Olamide's tweets explains it all
He had to do that for kesh. That was daylight robery
Daylight robbery for who?lil kesh?if u mentioned kiss Daniel or Korede bello-I'd agree with u...lil kesh is not that talented and has no originality...besides,I heard the votes counted and not popularity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2016
Olamide didn't mention names and that shows respect and professionalism. Don jazzy shouldn't have mentioned the latter's name. thats not the drill. keep your cool and smile.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Weezybaby: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2016
They both did what they had to as Leaders of their teams #ishhappens
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by somcherry(f): 11:24am On Jan 02, 2016
fellowbeing:

With this, I think you deserve a life ban on nairaland
Unfortunately he's right.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by oyomzee4(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2016
Oga you don't know the meaning of maturity
mekzybling:
Olamide said the truth in an insulting way ... But it was a great an extremely matured response from Don Jazzy ... IMO
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by And9: 11:28am On Jan 02, 2016
Temmy50:
Well, my take on this. Banks was voted for.
That's it. Personally, I don't really fancy
banks. I'll have preferred kiss Daniel or
korede but this things are being done by vote.
So no cause for all those displays. In as much
as I like d person of olamide, what he did is
wrong and totally uncalled for. Do you know
he used d word Bleep anybody while on stage.
Jammed d Microphone on d ground and threw
his cup away. That's a great height of
immaturity. Don jazzy only came out to
explain he has promised his artiste cars even
if they don't win d award. He personally
made it known he doesn't really fancy and dig
awards. He said olamide should come and
take d car banks won. Don jazzy is human too.
What olamide said caused him to say that. I
don't really blame Don jazzy. In between, if
we Compare banks music with that of lilkesh,
I prefer that of banks.. He speaks decently
and has a good voice. He speaks sense that
can go international. Talk of lilkesh, beefings
aside, he sings too vulgarly. He can't sing
some of his songs in some gatherings cause
it's just too bad. That's not music but noise.
And to cap that height of immaturity, olamide
took off to Twitter and started tweeting shitzz.
Seriously, our artistes have problems. This is
one of the reason we ain't even developing.

“ What olamide said caused him to say that.”
You just said it all but don't feel down if they fail to understand you cos they will always do.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by smashad(m): 11:36am On Jan 02, 2016
agya1:
Olamide messed up big time, this might affect his career cos naija fans can take sides.
how...... we r behind him jare
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Afolabi1900: 11:37am On Jan 02, 2016
Don Jazzy f**kd up big tym.. He shldnt av altered a word abt d shiii. Now we 4 put all d blame 4 baddo head
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by smashad(m): 11:38am On Jan 02, 2016
agya1:
Olamide messed up big time, this might affect his career cos naija fans can take sides.
how...... we r behind him jare sad
agya1:
how...... we r behind him jare
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by incrediblestev: 11:45am On Jan 02, 2016
Olammide was totally out of line and disrespected everyone on that category and for anyone to say Don Jazzy should not have called him out is the height of stupid talk; somebody was on a stage ranting and cursing everyone and literally saying Don Jazzy's own Artist is not deserving of the award because his own Artiste made vulgar songs that are mostly popular in the SW axis, totally stupid talk.

The likes of Olammide should not be given the impression to think it is OK to disrespect everyone because you have your own personal opinion and preferences, even when it is clear that the award was based entirely on votes. If it is about votes, there is no how Lil Kesh would have won Reekado who has very many social media savvy fan base and under a record label with an excellent PR and presence. SMD has way well established Artistes and name than Olammide's crew, who has neither presence or PR to reckon with.... Olammide's record label still has only him as the face and talking point. There's too much same same kind of songs amongst him and his Artistes. The only changer there is Adekunle Gold, the rest are a bunch of Olammide wanna be.

And talking about street life, nigga sounds like Rick Ross who raps so much about gang life yet didn't really lived the life. I am sure olammide does not own a gun, has never sold drugs or been on police chase or been shot at before. Neither has he been to jail before, held a gun and actually shot at a person to kill before. Singing in your local dilect and adding local slangs while drinking codeine lased drinks to make you numb doesn't mean you are from the street.

Olammide needs to come off his high horse and stop talking about how he controls mainland and what he will do to Jazzy if he comes to mainland, nigga you and I know you are not that street or have such clout, if you were street as you claim, you would have made a move when Jazzy came up the staged, called your name and asked you to go claim the car if you think his own Artiste is not good enough than yours.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by skyface00(m): 11:46am On Jan 02, 2016
Hmmmmmm I don't have anything to say about olamide, I don't expect anything serious from him, but Don jezzy shouldn't have speak directed to him, Don't live your life to impress others. We see a lot of that on social platforms today with each one trying to outdo the other. Be yourself.

Both of them need to go back to school and learn how 2 conduct themselves in public.

Don jezzy killed the whole event d moment he left the stage and a lot of loyalist friends left with him, he can make his points and stay a while and he can leave alone not with all his ppl, if he actually respect the organizers, instead of ending d event with childish attitude

Aminat508:
Olamide fucvd up big time undecided he shouldn't have done dat at all.
Baba ojoju aye big time undecided

I love Don jazzy's response. That Olamide talks anyhow, talking like agbero pple. same way he was insulting Linda ikeji on twitter back then over a trivia issue.

Egbon olamide, if you want the car grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by d33jy85: 11:47am On Jan 02, 2016
D foolish Yoruba boy jus dey vex an shout like smal pikin. How dare he insult Don Baba J who d fuk is an Olamide Don Jazzy was making hits wen u were stil su.ckin b.reasts. It was very immature of him 2 act that way the Headies is almost like our version of MTV awards an see what happened 2 Kanye when he did his own vexing nearly ruined his carreer. The id.iot should apologize 2 Headies n Don jazzy ASAP

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Rori(m): 11:49am On Jan 02, 2016
What is the meaning of this pandemonium??
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Aminat508(f): 11:51am On Jan 02, 2016
d33jy85:
D foolish Yoruba boy jus dey vex an shout like smal pikin. How dare he insult Don Baba J who d fuk is an Olamide Don Jazzy was making hits wen u were stil su.ckin b.reasts. It was very immature of him 2 act that way the Headies is almost like our version of MTV awards an see what happened 2 Kanye when he did his own vexing nearly ruined his carreer. The id.iot should apologize 2 Headies n Don jazzy ASAP
Ogbeni calm down nah!!! Which one be yoruba boy out of this?

What olamide did was totally uncalled for. He his a disgrace.... embarassed
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by etas1001(m): 11:52am On Jan 02, 2016
Rooneyboy:

What truth

Korede Bello and kiss Daniel are better contenders than lil Kesh (my opinion)

only a girl with a crush will say that
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by medjere: 11:53am On Jan 02, 2016
I don't understand why people are calling Lil Kesh more deserving of this award. The trio have all done well for themselves but the one with more followers and public presence won!

Where is Kesh on bill boards or adverts? Same with Kiss Daniel? People voted for who they could attach a face to.

And lets not forget that not everyone listens to rap. Infact rap music has the least followership all over the world..

Shoki was made popular cos of the presence of Davido and Olamide in the remix.

Reekado Banks has his voice on over 25 songs already in just 2 years. Everyone wants to feature Reeky and damn!! the guy has got so much content and global appeal plus don't forget that he has an international collaboration that also has Olamide and he killed it (song is Allelu with Wale)!

Check and you will realise that those wishing the award went to Kesh are those who can either hear yoruba or are yoruba.

Leave the west and go south, east and north of Nigeria and evaluate the followership of kesh.

Then check their social media followership! Is it not this followership that voted?

Instagram:

Reekado Banks - 435,000 follower
Lil Kesh - 311,000 followers

Twitter:

Reekado Banks - 67,800 follower
Lil Kesh - 73,700 followers

Facebook:

Reekado Banks - 144,100 follower
78,600 talking about him + another 47,000 totalling 125,600.

Lil Kesh - 25,200 followers
87,400 talking about him

Statistics is the best way of knowing who is more loved. .

3 Likes

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Revolva(m): 11:53am On Jan 02, 2016
yungachiever:
baba you just wanna create attention... mu. mu your i.q is very low

hey what do you know...that dude said it all....ok..stop being sentimental ok.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Bin3(f): 11:54am On Jan 02, 2016
U guys are just supporting olamide but where were u guys when he needed ur vote to win it.n don jaz did well by replying him bcs assuming he didnt reply him olamide will get away free n feel like a boss while don jaz will look like a fool who cant defend himself.don jaz fan are responsible by voting but olamide fan only know how to dance shakitibobo abi na sneee

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by ChuckD2(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2016
It saddens me that Don Jazzy had to reply Olamide. If he hadn't done so, Olamide would've been called "childish" but for Don Jazzy to have replied and called out Olamide's name, ah.... He simply drew unnecessary insults to himself. Don Jazzy, You for just shut up and by this morning, we would've all been about Olamide (whether im be fool or im be correct soldier). and Olamide, hmmmmm... monkey tail is not good for your reputation o; you have one to protect, protect it. No let the companies wey endorse you come dey look outside because you don become embarrassment. Don't go down that lane. Finally, Don Jazzy, the one wey you talk don reach. Any further comment from you on this crisis go make you DON MUMU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 02, 2016
ugosly:
Too bad, Olamide behaved immaturely but Don Jazzy hitting back was a lot more immature, even Bovi did not help matters with that expensive prank.
I believe there are more subtle ways. Of airing your grievance or dissatisfaction without making it obvious on the spot but then such is what you get when you allow alcohol take over your sense of reasoning.
even DONJAZZY had to do the sign of the cross, cause he almost had a heart attack
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by IkembaCMD(m): 11:58am On Jan 02, 2016
[1/2, 11:44 AM] Ikemba_Pato: To the people who missed the headies award,....this is the highlights of the event.

The event currently being held at Landmark Event Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos was hosted by Nigerian comedian, Bovi and dance queen, Kaffy.

The event was originally scheduled to hold on December 30, 2015 but was postponed to January 1, 2016.

View the list of winners from the Headies 2015 below:

Headies Hall of Fame
2Face Idibia

Best Street-Hop Artiste
Olamide ('Bobo')

Best Pop Single
'Godwin' by Korede Bello

Best Male Performance
Timi Dakolo (‘Wish me well’)

Best R&B single
‘Wish me well’ by Timi Dakolo

Best rap single
‘King kong’ by Vector

Best Vocal Performance (female)
Aramide (‘Iwo Nikan)

Best Ragga/dancehall single
‘German juice’ by Cynthia Morgan

Best Music Video
‘Katapot' (by Reekado Banks, video shot by Unlimited L.A)

Best Collaboration
'Local Rappers' - Reminisce ft Olamide, Phyno & StormRex

Best Rap Album
"Chairman" by M.I

Best Music Producer
Legendary Beatz ('Ojuelegba')

Lyricist On The Roll
Vector

Next Rated
Reekado Banks

Revelation of The Year
Yemi Alade

Recording of the year
'Wish me well' - Timi Dakolo

Best Alternative Song
'Sade' - Adekunle Gold

Special Recognition Award
Don Jazzy

Best Pop/R&B Album
AYO - Wizkid

Artiste of The Year
Olamide

Song of The Year
'Ojuelegba' - Wizkid

Rookie of The Year
YCee

As for the next rated artist given to reekado banks of marvin records. Some bookmakers are of the opinion that it ought to be lil kesh of ybnl which I subscribed to.

Whats your take on it.

Its been Confidence reporting
[1/2, 11:44 AM] Ikemba_Pato: #copied
[1/2, 11:50 AM] Ikemba_Pato: ...The Tweets

R-rated words involved...

Apparently this angered Olamide so he stormed
unto the stage when Adekunle Gold (Another YBNL
artiste) received his award for Best Alternative
artiste alongside the whole YBNL crew,
Olamide snatched the microphone from Adekunle
Gold and angrily blasted Headies saying the award
should have gone to Lil Kesh as he had back to back
hit songs all year round. Olamide stated “Iyalaya
anybody” and flipped off the whole hall before
dumping the microphone on the stage and storming
off the venue with his crew.
pic.twitter.com/ee0cuXUQ5y
— Mimisola (@Callmemims_) January 2, 2016
Just when we thought things had ended, Don Jazzy
was given a Special Recognition award and in his
speech he stated that he has never liked awards and
the only reason he came for the show was to support
his “children”. He also stated that he had told
Reekado Banks and Korede Bello (who were both
nominated for Next Rated) that he’d buy cars for
them.
Don Jazzy ended the night with a bombshell saying
“Olamide, if you want the car come and collect it”. He
and the Mavin artists also angrily left the venue.
Watch video of Don Jazzy's epic response below...
Olamide was not even present to receive his 'Artiste
of the year' award.
And the beef did not end there as Olamide took to
Twitter to continue venting...
His Tweets below...
I went through all ds ish when I was hustlin like Kesh
.... But mehn no one to fight for me .. I had to do that
for the poor boy ..
— Olamide Adedeji (@olamide_YBNL) January 2,
Even me , I ddnt have the grace to have every single
back to back in number one spot .. Biko leave trash
for lawma .. ��
Bleep u don jazzy ....... Bleep ur whole generation I am
not d banj ... God will punish u and ur fake ass ...
Bastard omo ale forming humble
After u done ruin d'banj with packaging na d same u
de come de form humble on social media . I called to
strike a deal with Dija
And fucking gave her Manager to call me Bleep nigga ..
Don't come to d mainland .. Honestly .. Bleep
u !!!!!!!!!!!!! I am fucking mainland .
Mother fucker d'banj senior de call u don .. After all u
still come twitter diss d guy cause u guys .. Had
issues .. All d fucking fake
I did not mention father's name on d stage don't
fucking mention my name Bleep boy . Don't try all ds
shit with me .
Don jazzy is human ... Not God I only aired my
opinion .. Don't mention my name ... Biko ..
Don't fulcking call names .. I can't do that to anybody
.. What sort of rubbish is that ?
U de chance ur boys .. Dem de call u baba .. My
niggas call me brother !!!!!
He said if I want car I should come n take it
seriously ? Do i look like ur maids ? Ppl wey de
produce for u wey u de put ur name ? Bleep boy
Respect is reciprocal... Bleep u don jazzy .. I
mentioned my name .. I'll fucking mention ur name
fucking for being childish oloshi
U respect me .. I respect u disrespect me I disrespect
u .. U still going to do d same tin to reekado when he
leaves ur a lebel . Lol
2016 is surely going to be very intresting. The beef is
on OLAMIDE vs DON JAZZY

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Leitner: 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
sameolg616:

Daylight robbery for who?lil kesh?if u mentioned kiss Daniel or Korede bello-I'd agree with u...lil kesh is not that talented and has no originality...besides,I heard the votes counted and not popularity
Wetin kiss daniel sing last year?.

Apart from woju and woju 2.0 (Laye),what big hit did he have again?

Lil kesh was the most consistent- he had many hits!,followed by Reekado.

And to all saying Lil kesh has no content, bar Katapot,abeg which song Reek don sing wey get content. Is it "Oya baby make you shake am o,see money make you shake am" or "all the girls now,dem don dey run come,dem no dey waste time shaky bum-bum" that is deep content?. Plus Lil kesh sings hip-hop and somehow some |d|ots expect him to have a singing style like Timi dakolo. It's Hip-hop you |d|ots!- girls,money,cars is what they sing about all the time. International hip-hop artists like Drake,Lil wayne,Chris brown, they all sing about cars,girls,money etc. It's their genre,that's what they do!. If you are so desperate for "deep" content/Lyrics,go and get a Tope Alabi album abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Aminat508(f): 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
skyface00:
Hmmmmmm I don't have anything to say about olamide, I don't expect anything serious from him, but Don jezzy shouldn't have speak directed to him, Don't live your life to impress others. We see a lot of that on social platforms today with each one trying to outdo the other. Be yourself.

Both of them need to go back to school and learn how 2 conduct themselves in public.

Don jezzy killed the whole event d moment he left the stage and a lot of loyalist friends left with him, he can make his points and stay a while and he can leave alone not with all his ppl, if he actually respect the organizers, instead of ending d event with childish attitude

i am still in support of Don Jazzy.

Don Jazzy's fault is far more tolerable than Olamide's recklessness

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by gbemmy2k10(m): 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
I think I'll be right if I say most of you don't
even know what the Next Rated Award seeks
to achieve. That year they gave those Skuki the Next Rated Award. . They returned the
following year with nothing... Kesh probably should have gotten Dancehall
Song of the year but Next Rated? Please
please please... Don't provoke me. So Olamide got up to 3 awards which he believes
he deserved but the award that went to Reekado
was rigged abi?...

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by arcbishop1: 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
While been a fan of Olamide, I was realy disappointed by his attitude. Droping the mike on the floor was a sign of disrespect for authirity...he really should not have done that. To me, that is being a bad example..also remember attitude is what really takes us far not our talent. As for Don Jazzy... he aired his opinion in a calm and matured manner. Olamide can rant on twitter from now till next year#mavinsgottheheadies#

3 Likes

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
[size=20pt]Ricardo banks said anytime he listened to lilkesh songs, its make him seem as if he does not have talent.[/size]
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by geez18(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
you guys don't even understand the game! these guys are entertainers and this is what it's all about! before this year runs out these two will have a "collabo" heading the headies.... that's my word.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by huptin(m): 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
100freekiss:

You're a F.ool
What makes you think i can't afford a recharge card.

Boy am in Dubai , here in Dubai we call it " balance" and not recharge card.

You think am in lagos with you ?
Mumu

The way you call people ''fools'' and ''bastards'' clearly shows you are not properly brought up.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by huptin(m): 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
100freekiss:

You're a F.ool
What makes you think i can't afford a recharge card.

Boy am in Dubai , here in Dubai we call it " balance" and not recharge card.

You think am in lagos with you ?
Mumu

The way you call people ''fools'' and ''bastards'' clearly shows that you are not properly brought up.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by 247Dior(m): 12:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
Bryan37:
I just watched olamide threw a Mic on the stage

That lil kesh should have won the award

Only for don jazzy to tell Olamide to come and Collect the CAR

And just walked out of the Award with MAVIS crew

Luk @ d executions so poor

Who gave them this " No stage presenter idea"

It made the award so boring

Ns d mics, God
What the hell, I just sacrificed a 5 hours sleep to watch this trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8qgNXtOxgo

The truth is olamide acted like a kid, first the voting was done and people voted according to their choice, like me I voted for kiss Daniel and he didn't win, so it's soly based on voting and not by hand picking, olamide should have known better....... I believe he was drunk tho** Don Jazzy response was not intelligent too

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by skyface00(m): 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Am not for any of the 2 ok, but Don jezzy shouldn't have gone to far, by saying he has told the organizers to give the award to D banj, that he doesn't like award etc common he's not suppose 2 rubbish the award and the team that putted all this 2gther, Don jezzy his not a good person, he might be a good business man, the day D banj invited him on stage to receive award with him and he refused, even when all eyes is on him, and the 2face birthday party also, when 2face begged Don jezzy to please to one more hit song with d banj he didn't show any signs of acceptance

Aminat508:
i am still in support of Don Jazzy.

Don Jazzy's fault is far more tolerable than Olamide's recklessness

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" / Beyonce’s Daughter, Blue Ivy, Gets First Grammy Nomination / What Are You Listening To Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.