Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy (3636 Views)

2face And Annie Idibia At The Unveiling Of Annie Idibia's Care Foundation / Unveiling Ibrahim Olatunji Balogun Snr,tiwa Savage Ex-husband Tee Billz’s Father / Hilarious Reason Behind Don Jazzy And Olamide Reconciliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by martyns303(m): 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
After the incident at the just concluded award show, the Nigerian social media had gone wild with the "beef" between YBNL Olamide and MAVIS Don Jazzy. Olamide's initial outburst wasn't targeted at Don Jazzy and his crew, but after the comment by Don Jazzy, Olamide went frenzy, spilling out what he had been battling inside and exposing what most media insiders already know, but unknown to the fans. 

Contrary to what most people believe that Jazzy is humble and timid, he is actually very arrogant, a bully and mostly lacking self confidence, yes he has got inferiority complex. This may be surprising to some because with his influence he is expected to be very outspoken, but we all know this is not so. 

The whole "Don" thing was coined by Dbanj to cover up for Jazzy's complex issue.

I will be giving instances.

1. Dbanj

Dbanj is energetic and a big dreamer, he met jazzy as a hustling producer and with time they partnered, moved to Nigeria and started an empire. Dbanj folks are doing pretty alright, so they had somewhere to start, even using Dbanj's mom's car.

Within no time, Dbanj was a big name, getting recognition here and there, Jazzy felt he is not getting the recognition he deserved, and so the infamous "it's Don Jazzy Again" was coined to give him credit. But he had never been satisfied.

Shortly after the release of Oliver Twist, Dbanj met Kanye West on a Dubai bound plane, and was able to get a meeting with him. Kanye offered to sign Dbanj but saw no need of Jazzy, remember Kanye himself is a producer and also have people working for him, but Dbanj insisted on Jazzy being part of the deal. Jazzy wasn't comfortable with the whole set up and wanted to return to Nigeria, but Dbanj refused. it was his opportunity to be big and was taking it. 

Jazzy returned to Nigeria and quickly made allies with other artists, he ridiculed Dbanj and made him look like the bad guy, gave out airtime on Twitter to increase fan base. So while Dbanj was away, Jazzy solidified is ground in Nigeria and when things didn't work out for Dbanj, he had nothing to fall back to, Jazzy has got the industry in his pocket. He had finally gotten rid of his competition and refused to give Dbanj a chance. 

2. Wande Coal

Most of the acts in Mo hits were brought in by Dbanj. Jazzy is the kind of person that likes his space. WC is a very talented artist, I mean the guy can sing for a chick and make her cry, even the Legendary 2face acknowledged him, in his words "the boy good die".

Jazzy signs ridiculous deals with his artist, takes most of their income. as an unknown artist then, u would sign anything to get the fame. Jazzy used WC anyhow, and doesn't like having someone to challenge him. When WC left, Jazzy promised to kill his career. WC responded with "u are not God"

The remaining grown acts, Dprince and  Dr. Sid are not as talented and are very willing to cope with anything.

3. Tiwa. 

Tiwa is a woman and was able to get her way, but that's a discussion for another day, she is a married woman with a child now. Lets just leave the past. 

Don Jazzy has ended up signing a bunch of kids, kids he knows he can control, give them crumbs and they will be glad to accept. Give them some years to get older, when they are able to speak up and the pattern will repeat itself. 

Dija.

This one is looking for a way out since, didn't Olamide say he spoke to her manager? 

I may not have convinced you enough, but No, Don Jazzy is not the angel everyone is thinking him to be.

11 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by neutrotoba(m): 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
No other celebrity seems to be on the side of don jazzy through this whole drama, they all seem to be enjoying the bashing that Olamide is feeding him wit.

Even Mavin stars are not responding, that sure speaks volume about his personality and his relationship with his colleagues.

Don Jazzy don dey rub powder for our eye since 2011

19 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
My guy let them know

*truth*

7 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by vkon2(m): 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
God bless d op,am now waiting for d post unveiling the person behind Baddo sneh

2 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Adeyinka12(m): 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
eyigidigan oooo , i know there is something behind it . #Watching

3 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by princejayboss: 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Any producer that can put his fingers on a beat the Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Kanye west dropped hook on is not child ....

If Dbanj were so good as you claim... Let him do it with a bar in the studio....

If Wande coal too good... Let him do it again

Oga... Producer will stay but artist will come and go... Timberland, DJ mustard , Dupree and co will forever remain in the game but musicians will come and go.

Try to respect some who have proven beyond every reasonable doubt that he can do something...

Finally get a job

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by fhelihx(m): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
His backbones
Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by mascot87(m): 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
It is only tribalistic foools that will still support dumbjazzy. Anyway lalasticlala food is ready for serving

8 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Rexhenrex(m): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by joystickextend1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
hmmm
Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by martyns303(m): 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
princejayboss:
Any producer that can put his fingers on a beat the Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Kanye west dropped hook on is not child ....

If Dbanj were so good as you claim... Let him do it with a bar in the studio....

Oga... Producer will stay but artist will come and go... Timberland, DJ mustard , Dupree and co will forever remain in the game but musicians will come and go.

Try to respect some who have proven beyond every reasonable doubt that he can do something...

Finally get a job

I never said he is not a good producer, I said he is not the saint most people think he is. And don't think he produced everything with his name on it. He didn't

3 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by BossBae1(f): 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
Op true talk jare

3 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by princejayboss: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
martyns303:

I never said he is not a good producer, I said he is not the saint most people think he is. And don't think he produced everything with his name on it. He didn't

First ... Who is a saint ? The guy a human like you and I .... Even if he a demon... He try to be a role model.... Can I ask you... Will you rather have your son to pick Olamide/lil Kish as role models over don jazzy? .... Because he checkmate his act from new trend of baby mama, is now a monster

Oga... Take Usin bolt to the sky he will deliver 100 meters medal there .... That's what we call expert on something....

Dbanj and co should prove their worth on their own.

Speaking of all the beat.... No producer does all .... Of you know music a little... Elite producers don't produce alone....... There producers that does only beat with being too good on the dynamics..... So nope.... And if you read the album cover of Tiwa for example ... You will see that he did not produce up 60% of the work...

If don jazzy can deliver a leading label just one year after dbanj issue, then he has the magic fingers.

10 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Xandred(m): 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
donjazzy is a bad guy.. so heartless

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nigerians needs oxford dictionary meaning translated to our local languages

We can't differentiate between a charitable man and an humble man

Don is a charitable man but not an humble man undecided

7 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Teeboy15(m): 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
Op its such a pity you reason this way. So timid and backward but I pray you taste success in your life so you'll know how it feels.
Happy new year

5 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Omotaday(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dbanj made the dude. Don jazzy is a fukin pretender!! He and Tiwa will soon fight.

1 Like

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Omotaday(m): 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
seun fp
Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by martyns303(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
Teeboy15:
Op its such a pity you reason this way. So timid and backward but I pray you taste success in your life so you'll know how it feels.
Happy new year

Bros I have tasted success, I don't need to be a celebrity. Just because he is on the limelight doesn't mean he's richer than people who are not.

Not related, but just because Dangote is listed on Forbes as the richest black man doesn't really mean he is the richest, there are people who will dash him money and he knows it too. Get the drift. wink

4 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by baralatie(m): 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
princejayboss:

Finally get a job
Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Maxi112: 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
donjazzy remains the boss... weda una like am or not

Who God has bless .........

5 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by hatux: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
This is the first sensible thread I've read on this Don jazzy and Olamide issue.. Thumbs up dude!

Very awesome points out...

3 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by fF01(m): 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
Church!
Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by dwilliams: 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
one thing I noticed is a street boy will never lie low while been cheated,shout out to all the street boys out there,from the mainland to the islands,to uplands to the highlands may God bless our hustle this year.

6 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by baralatie(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
dwilliams:
one thing I noticed is a street boy will never lie low while been cheated,shout out to all the street boys out there,from the mainland to the islands,to uplands to the highlands may God bless our hustle this year.
undecided
Did you just label lamide as "street boy"
Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Mustay(m): 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
neutrotoba:

Even Mavin stars are not responding, that sure speaks volume about his personality and his relationship with his colleagues.
They won't especially if it's part of their 'code of conduct'. It's the same way you see civil servants and staff of organisations declining to speak or respond to such issues with the excuse of "I was not authorised to speak". In these kind of instances, it's better to channel information and manage the 'crises'.

Btw, I noticed people trying to repaint DJ or tarnish his image using past experiences. Truth is, if you're not close to them and don't drink garri with them, leave mata for Mathias. They know all the -ishes that go on amongst themselves, they are also human beings and will have misunderstandings - image laundering or debranding does not alter the true values any of these individuals stand for.

Summary, you can only know people as close as to how you get to them and when you know their background or past experiences that have shaped them.

2 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Liveair: 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Emm, op, this is a one sided write-up. We urge you, for fairness, to do an expose on Olamide as well.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by Khez: 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
And how do you know all this op

If i call you a fool now, they will say i have bad mough....

For christ sake your story was one-sided, Are you now saying olamide is a saint?

2 Likes

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by UIA04(f): 7:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
martyns303:
After the incident at the just concluded award show, the Nigerian social media had gone wild with the "beef" between YBNL Olamide and MAVIS Don Jazzy. Olamide's initial outburst wasn't targeted at Don Jazzy and his crew, but after the comment by Don Jazzy, Olamide went frenzy, spilling out what he had been battling inside and exposing what most media insiders already know, but unknown to the fans. 

Contrary to what most people believe that Jazzy is humble and timid, he is actually very arrogant, a bully and mostly lacking self confidence, yes he has got inferiority complex. This may be surprising to some because with his influence he is expected to be very outspoken, but we all know this is not so. 

The whole "Don" thing was coined by Dbanj to cover up for Jazzy's complex issue.

I will be giving instances.

1. Dbanj

Dbanj is energetic and a big dreamer, he met jazzy as a hustling producer and with time they partnered, moved to Nigeria and started an empire. Dbanj folks are doing pretty alright, so they had somewhere to start, even using Dbanj's mom's car.

Within no time, Dbanj was a big name, getting recognition here and there, Jazzy felt he is not getting the recognition he deserved, and so the infamous "it's Don Jazzy Again" was coined to give him credit. But he had never been satisfied.

Shortly after the release of Oliver Twist, Dbanj met Kanye West on a Dubai bound plane, and was able to get a meeting with him. Kanye offered to sign Dbanj but saw no need of Jazzy, remember Kanye himself is a producer and also have people working for him, but Dbanj insisted on Jazzy being part of the deal. Jazzy wasn't comfortable with the whole set up and wanted to return to Nigeria, but Dbanj refused. it was his opportunity to be big and was taking it. 

Jazzy returned to Nigeria and quickly made allies with other artists, he ridiculed Dbanj and made him look like the bad guy, gave out airtime on Twitter to increase fan base. So while Dbanj was away, Jazzy solidified is ground in Nigeria and when things didn't work out for Dbanj, he had nothing to fall back to, Jazzy has got the industry in his pocket. He had finally gotten rid of his competition and refused to give Dbanj a chance. 

2. Wande Coal

Most of the acts in Mo hits were brought in by Dbanj. Jazzy is the kind of person that likes his space. WC is a very talented artist, I mean the guy can sing for a chick and make her cry, even the Legendary 2face acknowledged him, in his words "the boy good die".

Jazzy signs ridiculous deals with his artist, takes most of their income. as an unknown artist then, u would sign anything to get the fame. Jazzy used WC anyhow, and doesn't like having someone to challenge him. When WC left, Jazzy promised to kill his career. WC responded with "u are not God"

The remaining grown acts, Dprince and  Dr. Sid are not as talented and are very willing to cope with anything.

3. Tiwa. 

Tiwa is a woman and was able to get her way, but that's a discussion for another day, she is a married woman with a child now. Lets just leave the past. 

Don Jazzy has ended up signing a bunch of kids, kids he knows he can control, give them crumbs and they will be glad to accept. Give them some years to get older, when they are able to speak up and the pattern will repeat itself. 

Dija.

This one is looking for a way out since, didn't Olamide say he spoke to her manager? 

I may not have convinced you enough, but No, Don Jazzy is not the angel everyone is thinking him to be.

Don't leave tiwas part talk everything o
Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by UIA04(f): 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
When mohits started everybody was like who is this one always following dbanj referring to Don jazzy then dbanj used his charisma to uplift Don jazzy to the state of Don he even prostrated for him on stage once
All the op said didn't EmE do same with wizkid
Didn't kennis music do same with tuface
Even there is rumor that same is done to kiss Daniel that he earns only 50000 naira from his record label
Even vector and his record label
What about Lil Wayne and bird man
Even Salento with all the whip and nae nae he was shouting he got only 100000
That's what I call industry politics they wear blings but it's not what we see on the outside that is Going on really

1 Like

Re: Unveiling The Person Behind Don Jazzy by sibepoc(m): 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
What's ur proof

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cardib Allegedly ‘stole’ Mercyeke’s Outfit, Rocked It To The Grammy / Funke Akindele Fans / Stephanie Okereke Is Da Richest Female Celebrity In Naija:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.