Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:02 PM

What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. (44890 Views)

What I Saw In This Toyota Prado Fuel Tank (Photos) / Look At The Kind Of Side Mirrow I Saw At Onitsha / Atrocities Committed At Nnpc Mega Station Lafia, Nasarawa State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by omenka(m): 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
Drove into an NNPC mega station to refill my tank only to see this guy beside me. He had a bike who's fuel tank has been reconstructed to accommodate nothing less than 30litres of petrol.

As a matter of fact, there were three of them, but I was able to capture just this beside me.

It is such a shame Nigerians have become so crooked in nature- when you make laws/rules by which all must abide, they device ingenious means to break those rules. This trick of modifying fuel tanks has become a lot more bigger than how they were originally produced has become the most preferred trick adopted by black-marketers to beat officials and dispensers to their game.

Now I understand what they meant when they said "be the change you want to see around you".

Cc: Lalasticlala. Mynd44.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by dustmalik: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
Interesting

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
undecided I see no crime being committed. All I see is a hardworking man who has got mouths to feed.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Clerverly: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
cheesy cheesygrin that must be an IPOB youth!

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by jacabi(m): 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
Chai, naija!
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
angry Is that man responsible for the abysmally high price we have to pay for petrol currently? Is he responsible for the shortage we face? Your dysfunctional economy created these businesses. If these 'illicit' informal sector businesses are snuffed out through policies that give Nigeria a fake western resemblance, be ready to build a 20-foot high fence around your house. It's self employment, no more no less.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Lordave: 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
I see nothing wrong with that.

Black marketers don't force people to buy their fuel and they've also been a saving grace to many drivers during scarcity.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Lordave: 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Clerverly:
Maybe he wan use the fuel burn Buhari house in Daura.

5 Likes

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by omenka(m): 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Clerverly:
Baba no be laughing mata be this oo. The tin pain me die. If we channel the mental energy we spend in devising means to break the law and get away with it into some other productive venture, perhaps we'd be rubbing shoulders with South Korea right now.

This is just saddening.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by INTROVERT(f): 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
smart dude

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by omenka(m): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lordave:
I see nothing wrong with that.

Black marketers don't force people to buy their fuel and they've also been a saving grace to many drivers during scarcity.
What sort of warped thought process is this?? How does patronage justify the propriety of their actions??

Why do you always fiercely defend illegality

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by fhelihx(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Naija guys no dey carry last..#latest invention cheesy
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by BCISLTD: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
angry Nigerians!!!
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
Buhari maka why
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Lordave: 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
omenka:
What sort of warped thought process is this?? How does patronage justify the propriety of their actions??

Why do you always fiercely defend illegality
Firstly, I didn't exhibit any warped thought process, just appropriate way of thought.

Secondly, I wasn't defending illegality as there's no law in Nigeria banning the use of motorcycle from buying fuel, whether the tank is adjusted or not.

Thirdly, it's not a crime devising a means to adapt to bans/life, stop deriding Nigerians unnecessarily. Would it have been better if those three guys resorted to crime as a means of survival after the ban on black markets? If you haven't seen the usefulness of black market during scarcity, I have and that is why I don't see anything wrong with black market, they don't force you to buy their fuel.

Finally, those guys might not be black marketers. They can be employees in a small scale industry/factory or anything other than black marketers as accused. You can again call it warped process of thought, that's your opinion.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by miqos02(m): 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
ok
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by mifavour(f): 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
nawa
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by matrix199(m): 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
In our abundance, there's scarcity. What an irony!

Just one day, the fishes in our rivers may begin to swim with water bottles in their fins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by adedam007(m): 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
b
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by marshalcarter: 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
You no no sey na 9ja you dey undecided
You think sey na texas you dey baa Berra wake up
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by fiverrwin(f): 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
Trust my fellow country men
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by linearity: 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
But I don't know why you are calling him crooked....that is ingenious and was given birth to by necessity, which is the mother of all invention.

One constant thing and vital gift that God gave humans is the ability to adapt in order to continue to survive their environment, this guy is simply adapting to his environment, which is natural and God's gift.

We are all in a fight against the forces of natural selection that constantly weeds out the weaker ones among us, in this battle; those who can quickly adapt to the ever changing challenges we face, have a greater chance of survival.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by rollUP(m): 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
Preparation for fuel scarcity anytime!
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
may God and Buhari forgive him.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by VickyRotex(f): 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
Orishi rishi undecided

Ki la fe pe eleyi bayi
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by jazinogold(m): 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
grin
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Kufie(m): 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
You make it seem like he's not going to pay for whatever quantity is sold to him. I don't understand this post. Honestly

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Pavore9: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
This is serious!
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Emekamex(m): 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
@OP you are jumping to conclusion too quickly unless you have proof that those guys sold the "said" fuel as black market after buying from the filling station.

Black market sellers aren't the reason fuel is scarce and expensive, your anger should be directed more on oil marketers, NNPC and FG.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Dottore: 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
To me this is ingenuos. I don't see anything wrong with anybody modifying his property to suit his needs. When oyibos modify their bikes and vehicles we acclaim them but when a Nigerian does it becomes disdainful.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by dayleke: 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
Wow
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by kennyman2000(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
When you think, you've seen it all...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Advice Will You Give This Driver? / Range Rover & G-wagon Was Reduced To A Towing Vehicle (photos) / Nigerian Man Shows Off His Vehicle Made With Locally Sourced Materials. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.