Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

About Women Making The First Move. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About Women Making The First Move. (61247 Views)

Why Men Should Not Get Advice From Women About Women / The Raw Truth About Women. / Guys Its High Time You Stopped Making Bad Generalization About Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by 49cents(m): 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:
This notion seems to be trending these days. But pls, before anyone goes about saying it's okay for a woman to make the first move, then perhaps they should also elaborate on what circumstances and the manner in which it should be done. So many girls are being misled already.. And making complete fools of themselves. I witnessed one such event yesterday and I just couldn't help laughing. This girl must have been feeling like a real 21st century chic when she even contemplated making the move. But with the way things turned out, I can bet on my two Di'ja-like-boobs that she's so never going to try that again. Heck, that dude was mean!

Back to my topic. I really don't get why a girl should be encouraged to make the first move. Look at it this way. Wooing a woman is sth that comes very natural to men. It's what they do. It's what they've always done right from time, what reason then has a guy not to make a move on the girl he likes? So this boy and girl know themselves, perhaps not as friends or anything serious, but each knows about the existence of the other. They are perhaps in the same location.. Work in the same place, live in the same neighborhood, attend the same Uni;So, surely they get to see each other from time to time. Why then should it be the girl making a move since she's interested in him? Hasn't he seen her before? If actually he had any interest whatsoever, he'd make the first move. It shouldn't be an issue at all. Girls are used to being wooed.

But he doesn't and some girl would think it's okay for her to make the first move. Trust me, chances are high that he won't take u seriously if ever u should go into a relationship. He'd simply see the whole thing as him doing u a favour by dating u and perhaps getting an advantage for himself if he succeeds in sleeping with you sad. I can't even imagine how u'd feel comfortable being in that relationship. He's most likely always going to be eager to show u the door, because after all, u made the first move on him, when he was just on his own doing his thing. It's just like reversing roles entirely. And IMO, it shows desperation.

And I also thought guys used to enjoy the chase. They want girls to be the ones chasing them now? Lol.

Pls, giving the green light and not playing too hard to get is enough. A man's supposed to know what to do when he sees the green light. If he doesn't, well, that's sad. It simply implies that there are so many things about women he isn't sensitive to.

Call me old-fashioned. I like being old-fashioned if this is what being old fashioned is all about.

you must be taurus
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ruuhh:

some girls greenlight be like "come make I use you shine", they act receptive but try talking you get lost n confused,so annoying

Lol.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Letting a woman woo you is not cool or romantic its just dumb and an act of desperation

Thank u.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:
This notion seems to be trending these days. But pls, before anyone goes about saying it's okay for a woman to make the first move, then perhaps they should also elaborate on what circumstances and the manner in which it should be done. So many girls are being misled already.. And making complete fools of themselves. I witnessed one such event yesterday and I just couldn't help laughing. This girl must have been feeling like a real 21st century chic when she even contemplated making the move. But with the way things turned out, I can bet on my two Di'ja-like-boobs that she's so never going to try that again. Heck, that dude was mean!

Back to my topic. I really don't get why a girl should be encouraged to make the first move. Look at it this way. Wooing a woman is sth that comes very natural to men. It's what they do. It's what they've always done right from time, what reason then has a guy not to make a move on the girl he likes? So this boy and girl know themselves, perhaps not as friends or anything serious, but each knows about the existence of the other. They are perhaps in the same location.. Work in the same place, live in the same neighborhood, attend the same Uni;So, surely they get to see each other from time to time. Why then should it be the girl making a move since she's interested in him? Hasn't he seen her before? If actually he had any interest whatsoever, he'd make the first move. It shouldn't be an issue at all. Girls are used to being wooed.

But he doesn't and some girl would think it's okay for her to make the first move. Trust me, chances are high that he won't take u seriously if ever u should go into a relationship. He'd simply see the whole thing as him doing u a favour by dating u and perhaps getting an advantage for himself if he succeeds in sleeping with you sad. I can't even imagine how u'd feel comfortable being in that relationship. He's most likely always going to be eager to show u the door, because after all, u made the first move on him, when he was just on his own doing his thing. It's just like reversing roles entirely. And IMO, it shows desperation.

And I also thought guys used to enjoy the chase. They want girls to be the ones chasing them now? Lol.

Pls, giving the green light and not playing too hard to get is enough. A man's supposed to know what to do when he sees the green light. If he doesn't, well, that's sad. It simply implies that there are so many things about women he isn't sensitive to.

Call me old-fashioned. I like being old-fashioned if this is what being old fashioned is all about.

must you touch that car?
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
Crex007:
No b when una gv us green light....we make move....den green light go suddenly turn to red ligt

OMG.. Rotflol..!!!
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by oglalasioux(m): 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

It's true we all want to be civilized but it's not ok for a woman to make the first move. Pride is embedded in the male genome and that's why he likes hunting. The joy of the kill is in the chase.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by MCFRESH(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:
undecidedTruth be told...undecided

I'd never ask A guy Out!! even if my life depended on it! how degrading!! My ego won't even let me...

I'd keep giving him signs(Green, blue and yellow lights), I'd talk sweet to him, Change my voice around him, be all touchy n mushy towards him, Act overly caring, maybe call him like TWICE A month?undecided...if he still doesn't get those Obvious/vivid Romantic signs.

He should go hang himself for all I care!!!undecided fûck him!

Dating isn't my priority...There are plenny "Sharks" in the sea...I only have to choose from so many.....!undecidedmaking sence thou

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Toks2008(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
wristbangle:
When a lady makes the first move, she suppose to be diplomatic in her approach and such move can be approved when she and the guy have known for long albeit him been a dude who is too shy to express his feeling.

Perhaps maybe the lady you are talking about oliviaarims was too forward in her approach and also dressed seductively. There are ways to make your move on a guy to make him come of his shell of shyness and if despite your move he is still not proffering his love to you, just assume he is not in love with you.

If wooing a guy is the first move the op is talking about then that is a big NO. I dont advice any African lady to do that cos its not in our culture but as i wrote before there are subtle signs a lady can show which is never the same as outrightly wooing a guy.

That is called GREEN LIGHT.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
When men do something crazy to win a woman over, they're spontaneous or romantic. When women do the same, they're desperate or needy.

I've known guys who rejects girls who ask them out because it made them feel the girl was too forthright or too desperate to get committed. Another thing is that these girls go after what they want. That's probably scary to guys.

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
49cents:

you must be taurus
Taurus.. Nope. They say it's Libra.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by MCFRESH(m): 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:

I'd never ask A guy Out!! even if my life depended on it! how degrading!! My ego won't even let me...

I'd keep giving him signs(Green, blue and yellow lights), I'd talk sweet to him, Change my voice around him, be all touchy n mushy towards him, Act overly caring, maybe call him like TWICE A month?undecided...if he still doesn't get those Obvious/vivid Romantic signs.

Dating isn't my priority...There are plenny "Sharks" in the sea...I only have to choose from so many.....!undecided

making sence thou
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by TaiKuun(m): 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:

Dating isn't my priority...There are plenny "Sharks" in the sea...I only have to choose from so many.....!undecided

what you said was right but you are too rude. Thats repelling
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by wristbangle: 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
Toks2008:

If wooing a guy is the first move the op is talking about then that is a big NO. I dont advice any African lady to do that cos its not in our culture but as i wrote before there are subtle signs a lady can show which is never the same as outrightly wooing a guy.

Exactly sir but what if the guy fails to acknowledge her greenlight?
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
Movingcoil:
must you touch that car?
Nope. It was actually unconscious.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
oglalasioux:

It's true we all want to be civilized but it's not ok for a woman to make the first move. Pride is embedded in the male genome and that's why he likes hunting. The joy of the kill is in the chase.

Good. Just imagine u as a hunter suddenly being hunted. It's weird!

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by khalhokage(m): 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
Everybody talking about greenlight, person like me wey dey color blind, you go just dey one corner dey pine away in greenlighted lust while me I go dey toast one babe for the other side wey go dey feel like celebrity.

greenlight ko turquoise light ni

3 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by akachidi(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:

It works differently for every body,and I don't think it really matters who makes the move wether in wooing or in bed.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
CaroLyner:
And when he react.to the green light by wooing you,you will start forming.I have reacted to this green light thin to girls several times but these bitches started forming at me.When i call she wouldn't pick.When i send text she never replied.This was a girl that would laugh at my dry jokes.This was a girl that love to be around where i was.Immediately I start showing interest on her she start forming.I just withdraw sharperly.

4 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Danfuster(m): 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
oseod:

Lol.....so you know how it feels like.?

I'm glad they know what it's like to be in our shoes, most of 'em just do anyhow. Da fvck they thing we psychic.... Sometimes I just wonder if it's their father who's gone marry them... Oshisko angry
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Owlcity2: 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:

Feeling funky, abi? undecided
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
Toks2008:

Yes. Wooing guys is what I'm talking about.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by poik(m): 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Some people (spurred on by our new generation pastors) even use the Boaz story in the Bible to authenticate the girl-making-the-first-move school of thought. Dying generation!!
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Cannonleo(m): 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Love Machine:
And when he react.to the green light by wooing you,you will start forming.I have reacted to this green thin to girls several times but these bitches started forming at me.When i call she doesn't pick.When i send text she never reply.This was a girl that would laugh at my dry jokes.This was a girl that love to be around where i am.Immediately I start showing interest she start forming.I just withdraw sharperly.
my bro the thing don tire sottey I just tire drop. I am sorry to say I belong to that class that hardly recognize signs, ladies I have tried to date have given me a good amount of rejection after giving me th so called green light , they were all after something else not me.. so I play solo

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by emperorchedda(m): 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Some ladies expect guys to know when they are in the mood to be wooed, if they are his level or not... like he is psychic _ yet they can't do same.
Guys get turned down everyday, and they are not dead.

You don't go about approaching every random guy, those signs you expect a young man to watch out for, you should be smart enough to watch out for same signs.

Observing a guy closely (especially when you guys have established a reasonable degree of familiarity), you would notice if he is into you but has issues expressing himself probably for fear of being turned down too. That's the time to strike... grin

Ahhhh *sighs of relief*

First time you've made sense.

All girls need to think like you
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by CaroLyner(f): 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Love Machine:
And when he react.to the green light by wooing you,you will start forming.I have reacted to this green thin to girls several times but these bitches started forming at me.When i call she doesn't pick.When i send text she never reply.This was a girl that would laugh at my dry jokes.This was a girl that love to be around where i am.Immediately I start showing interest she start forming.I just withdraw sharperly.
she's a confused girl.sorry about that
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
khalhokage:
Everybody talking about greenlight, person like me wey dey color blind, you go just dey one corner dey pine away in greenlighted lust while me I go dey toast one babe for the other side wey go dey feel like celebrity.

greenlight ko turquoise light ni

Lol. What are u saying right now? At the end of the day, u'll still do the toasting whether it's the girl giving u the green light or the one giving u turquoise light. cheesy. So u don't want any light at all abi?
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
akachidi:

It works differently for every body,and I don't think it really matters who makes the move wether in wooing or in bed.

How did bed enter this discourse?
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
You didnt have to type all that just to ket us know your boobs are small, we get it.

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijaboiy: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:

Look at all these mumu girls that cannot handle rejection.

So for the fact that you give a guy green light then it's now compulsory for him to look your way? For fùcks sake a guy may not also care about your green light because you may also not reach the standard he wants in a lady. You may probably be ugly or shapeless or a drama queen.

Going by that it's not by force for a guy to woo you because you are showing him green light.

So fück you too and your dimming green light! undecided

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by DharmyYinks: 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:

Dating isn't my priority...There are plenty "Sharks" in the sea... I only have to choose from so many .....!undecided

So does he @bolded and its even easier for him. wink Guess u havnt seen sum1 u lyk so much...if not..u wont Ve said he can hang himself grin: P

It depends on d way she approached him (n d kinda Guy... some will be glad while some wont) Dropping it suddenly may scare him.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijaboiy: 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Nah... I can't try that shít again..
Imagine being turned down when you've surmoned the courage to talk to him sad

I dont advice that...keep flashing that green light..if he's too dumb to see it...fùck him undecidedundecided.
Showing us green light is not a guarantee for us to ask you out.

It goes both ways...I don't get why y'all are bitter. undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Lady I Sent My Nude Pictures To Online Is Blackmailing Me - Young Girl Cries Out / Bad Economy Forces Calabar Prostitutes To Slash Insertion Price / 15 Signs That Shows You Are Dating A Retired Prostitute (runs Girl)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.