Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,978 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:43 AM

Help Needed With Phpunit For Testing - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Needed With Phpunit For Testing (1334 Views)

Built A Smallish Web App For Testing / Help Needed With The Following Questions In C++ Or Any Language Please!!! / How To Generate Bulk Fake Names For Testing Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed With Phpunit For Testing by Cauhlins(m): 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
i kinda noticed alot of threads have been created for development but none for software testing.. I need a little help with testing my php programs. -i'm a newbie at testing though-.. i have been struggling with understanding the concept of writing failing tests...

... Help needed
Re: Help Needed With Phpunit For Testing by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
That mean say you don fail already be that o. I doubt if there are still great programmers on this board that can assist you with your quest.
I should be able to, but it will take several long posts and i am not a nairaland regular again, i just breeze in and breeze out. . . .
But why not head over to the phpunit website? https://phpunit.de/getting-started.html
Re: Help Needed With Phpunit For Testing by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
Well i use PHPUnit but sincerely not on my new projects, but PHPUnit, you're supposed to write your classes in Modules, where you write tests before the code , obviously it will fail then as you write your code and test them to pass. One Test suite per Module check PHPUNit
Re: Help Needed With Phpunit For Testing by Cauhlins(m): 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
dhtml18:
That mean say you don fail already be that o. I doubt if there are still great programmers on this board that can assist you with your quest.
I should be able to, but it will take several long posts and i am not a nairaland regular again, i just breeze in and breeze out. . . .
But why not head over to the phpunit website? https://phpunit.de/getting-started.html

i am currently working with an offline edition of phpunit site...
Re: Help Needed With Phpunit For Testing by Squirrel(m): 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Cauhlins:
i kinda noticed alot of threads have been created for development but none for software testing.. I need a little help with testing my php programs. -i'm a newbie at testing though-.. i have been struggling with understanding the concept of writing failing tests...
... Help needed

Hello Cauhlins. Happy 2016.

I can walk you through Unit Testing with PHPUnit. Can you paste the URL to your Github/Bitbucket repo here for the benefit of everyone.

NB: If you don't have the code on a repo yet, please create one.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help Needed With Phpunit For Testing by Cauhlins(m): 11:06am On Jan 03, 2016
Squirrel:

Hello Cauhlins. Happy 2016.

I can walk you through Unit Testing with PHPUnit. Can you paste the URL to your Github/Bitbucket repo here for the benefit of everyone.

NB: If you don't have the code on a repo yet, please create one.

Thanks

Thanks bro. i'd do that right away
Re: Help Needed With Phpunit For Testing by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
@op, luckily for you, we have unit testers in the house. I shall try contribute when you create the link. Will troll back later on.
Re: Help Needed With Phpunit For Testing by oliverusselldev: 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
With the right tutorial, you can also do [url="https://www.cloudways.com/blog/getting-started-with-unit-testing-php/"]PHP unit testing[/url] for your website easily. However, you must have ssh access on your server to be able to run unit testing.

(1) (Reply)

Aptech Students What Languages Re Tot In Ur School / Please Help A Script Kiddie Out With Javascript / Code Yourself A New Career At Hack Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.