Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? (73329 Views)

Lady And Her Workers Made To Sleep Outside After Working For A Client. Photo / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? / Access Bank Frontline Internship 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by justmenoni: 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
Op the only profession that you get paid for doing nothing in nigeria is politics and u're going to be mostly employed by an arm of d Nigerian govr

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by JaypeeAnics(m): 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
How many of us do see this before posting a reply? ..please do not post adverts in this section, to avoid being banned...
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by free2ryhme: 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
Get the job first then complain later

My 2 kobo

3 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by JaypeeAnics(m): 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
How many of us do see this before posting a reply?
..please do not post adverts in this section, to avoid being banned...

dem just dey form hard guys.......I know how many customers wey I don't get online....
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
If I remember correctly the second company was NBC Plc. Put the name in your original post and see how people would remain steadfast in the decision of not working for a bank.
Bank employment is slave labour in this country. Imagine suffering from malaria and being told to report for duty so far you're not on a deathbed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by AdeMoss: 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
The mistake most people make is they strive to get a job an not have a career. If a job experience in a bank suit your career path then go for it. I will advice to start a career in a established organisation like Access Bank because you will learn so much a challenge yourself. Max entry level age for entry level in the bank is 24. I don't know many organisations that will employ graduates in their early twenties a pay them that much with responsibilities to make to mature faster.

15 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by YoungExec: 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Wealthyone:
To whom much is given, much is expected. most youth / graduates nowadays wishes to do nothing or little and get a fat paycheque at the end of the month. Why would an employer pay u over 200k and u can't justified what u are being paid?

Excellent! Believe me, I have come across a lot of lazy lazy workers. I have consistently shown them the door.
If I were lazy, there wouldn't even be a company! Suckers want to come along, get hired and sink your dreams. angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
Working in Access bank is very good if you are not a contract staff

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
**walks in, grabs a chair*** I have been waiting for dis moment. Ouch, I will need a cup of Joven to njoy dis thread
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by initialize(m): 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vick4rill:
and were is the million you have make as an entrepreneur?:hw come we have not be hearing about baibijay?sad

There are entrepreneurs that have made millions but they wouldn't be lousy about it. At least I'm sure about me and my crew

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by witorwitoutyou(m): 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
YoungExec:

Excellent! Believe me, I have come across a lot of lazy lazy workers. I have consistently shown them the door.
I were lazy, there wouldn't even be a company! Suckers want to come along, get hired and sink your dreams. angry
Oga aw much are u payin ur workers,some employers go dey pay peanut,go dey expect d output of a donkey's effort.Iro
E wa pa wa

6 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Chinwem(f): 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
odihack:
I tried weighing some options sometimes back between Access bank and another Coy... I tried to search Nairaland for some info and all I saw can be summarized as "Flee from Access".

Someone said on one particular thread that a 50k monthly take home is better than a graduate trainee position in Access Bank.

Access pays 43k+ for graduate trainees while they are in Training school and pays 243k immediately after training school and a brand new car which I think is a lot higher than the average for entry level positions in Nigeria.

I have come to understand that Access bank is quite stressful to work in, but then again, nobody will pay that much money for any staff for doing nothing?

So why exactly is Access bank bad to work in, because in my opinion I feel they compensate well

How long is training school please?
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Abduletudaye(m): 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
they pay well...the branch managers, assistant branch manager(Trainees), Banking officers, Assistant Banking Officers, account officers, Regional heads, zonal heads and the higher posts are well paid...

Except, the DSA's and maybe Tellers...
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by herboshedhe(f): 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
initialize:

There are entrepreneurs that have made millions but they wouldn't be lousy about it. At least I'm sure about me and my crew

Show us the way boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Abduletudaye(m): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
herboshedhe:

Show us the way boss

Seconded.. cool
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by initialize(m): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
herboshedhe:

Show us the way boss

Just strictly online business

Selling on e-commerce sites like Konga, Jumia et al
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
initialize:

I wasn't gonna answer him. I'm glad you did instead.

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by 247notire(m): 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
amarachi06:
No! just do ur work and no loan
Lol. No loans seriously!

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Mikky619(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
Story for the gods
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by chccho(m): 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
Is there anything good that comes easy? Is it a bad thing again to be professionally trained by the bank, paid a fat paycheck of about 200+(monthly),+ a brand new car too!!!!
Seriously the question should be are u ready to work hard before u enjoy? If u think its streinous maybe u can try stayn at home for 1yr and see how e be for body..
Pls banking is not for every body I must tell u some people are good at it and are making waves while others have been there for years no promotion no progress..those are the wailers that u shouldn't listen to.
If u want to work,work for 2yrs get your car if u after 2yrs u don't like it quit...

13 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
OrangeDream:
Those who own banks wear jeans & t-shirt

Na u dey wear suite..

Moral of the story: Be ur own boss!!
easy said than done!

It require money to be your own boss and money just don't fall from tree!

Before I started my own business, I worked for about how many years and invest in it before I even think of quiting my job.

The question now is how will you be your own boss without financial income to start with?

7 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by ajebuter(f): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
You cant even dash me a job in the bank and i will accept.

When teaching in high brow school fetches comfortable six figure, you close at 4pm, go on holiday when the students go on holiday and you are not tied to your desk.

Banking job ko, baking contest ni.

8 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by dasanchez1(m): 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
initialize:

true fact...
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by chccho(m): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
ajebuter:
You cant even dash me a job in the bank and i will accept.

When teaching in high brow school fetches comfortable six figure, you close at 4pm, go on holiday when the students go on holiday and you are not tied to your desk.

Banking job ko, baking contest ni.
Can everybody teach in a school? If we all work in schools who will work in the banks?

8 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
If u working in jumia and konga is better. Thanworking ina bank.bank will just useless person..
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by ajebuter(f): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
chccho:

Can everybody teach in a school? If we all work in schools who will work in the banks?

Did i argue with you or discourage people from taking banking jobs? Actually one of my kid brothers is a manager in diamond bank and doing well though complaining bitterly. But as for me,
I expressed my own opinion which isnt a major crime.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Some Graduate want to work in a bank.. if they don't work in bank they can't be sucessful that there thinking
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by otiigba1(m): 7:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Yes! It is! Access Bank is full of crooks that includes angry or any one who works for them
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
chccho:

We'll all store our money in kom-kom

4 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by sammhi(m): 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
odihack:
I tried weighing some options sometimes back between Access bank and another Coy... I tried to search Nairaland for some info and all I saw can be summarized as "Flee from Access".

Someone said on one particular thread that a 50k monthly take home is better than a graduate trainee position in Access Bank.

Access pays 43k+ for graduate trainees while they are in Training school and pays 243k immediately after training school and a brand new car which I think is a lot higher than the average for entry level positions in Nigeria.

I have come to understand that Access bank is quite stressful to work in, but then again, nobody will pay that much money for any staff for doing nothing?

So why exactly is Access bank bad to work in, because in my opinion I feel they compensate well

not true..no company will give a fresher brand new car except if he had come in as a manager...
pls get your fact right ....

3 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by bitingcool: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
No weekends, close Like 11pm everyday , loss of work-life balance . No work life balance, just work balance. Technology not yet 100% digitalised. MPR meetings on Saturday tlll 5pm. You may be mandated to come on Sundays sef. Of what use is good pay when you can't even sspend it without the shadow of your company lurking behind you for tasks. Most people I know resigned from access bank without the prospect of another job so they could retain the remaining shreds of their sanity.

Money isn't everything.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Central Bank Of Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does CBN Pay Staff? / Kayode Richie-Kay Oliva, EFCC Official Owns Wood Processing/Supplying Company / How Does The First Three Months Looks Like In NDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.