Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... (2442 Views)

Chris Okotie Drives Himself To Church (see Photos) / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Prophet Penuel Drives Over His Church Members With His Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by menxer: 9:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
It's neither fear of Satan nor love of God that drives people to church but the desire for materialism.

For some the desire for materialism makes them susceptible to manipulate, and be manipulated by, others using fear of devil or the love for God.

Case in point, check out some of the prophecies by "men of God" for 2016.
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
MizyB:

thats because u doubted ma.
Confess His salvation into your life with FAITH.
Feel the Spirit of God taking his place in you with FAITH.
Everything you do in this race will be all about the level of your FAITH. No room for doubting at all.
The bible said 'The Just Shall Live by Faith'
Thereafter, feed voraciously on the word of God.
Dont worry about the interpretations of what u dont seem to get, the Holyspirit(now in U) will do all that.

Be Blessed ma!
Ok thanks for your time.
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
TheAgba:

Faith in God or fear of the unknown ? Fear of being barbecued in hellfire ? etc .

This is the 21st century . You don't expect one to be so much sheeple .

Yea the 21st century, i dont expect you to have clothes on...after all thats so 0.1 century.
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 04, 2016
Speechless3:

Yea the 21st century, i dont expect you to have clothes on...after all thats so 0.1 century.

Please , civilization explains it all.

In your 0.1 century , there were clothes but not everywhere especially uncivilized areas like Africa. Westernization which also was a factor of civilization brought us here with clothes .

I'm on clothes and that's very of this century.

....at least this isn't abstract . As man evolves so does his society .
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 04, 2016
TheAgba:

Please , civilization explains it all.

In your 0.1 century , there were clothes but not everywhere especially uncivilized areas like Africa. Westernization which also was a factor of civilization brought us here with clothes .

I'm on clothes and that's very of this century.

....at least this isn't abstract . As man evolves so does his society .

People covered themselves up everywhere from the day Adam was chased out of the garden.

Just because they showed you pictures of few africans unclothed scattered here and there does not mean they went about naked. Almost all, if not all had clothes on most of the time.

Evolution doesn't make one sense to me, so you can continue flying to space with that one.

I pefer the much more intelligent explanation of this universe. So.

Serving God will never go out of fashion here: maybe you should try another planet.
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by plaetton: 8:31am On Jan 04, 2016
MizyB:

Saved from the sinful nature of man into righteousness and holiness of God so as to be able to fellowship smoothly with God and eventually see him in the end

Isn't it like living happily ever after in the fairy tales?

And where and when has that ever happened?

Name one human being who has ever been saved from his/ sinful Nature into Righteousness (whatever that means) and holiness of god ( which god ?) And fellowshiped with god ( whatever that means) ?

2 Likes

Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by MizyB(f): 10:00am On Jan 04, 2016
plaetton:

Isn't it like living happily ever after in the fairy tales?

And where and when has that ever happened?

Name one human being who has ever been saved from his/ sinful Nature into Righteousness (whatever that means) and holiness of God ( which God ?) And fellowshiped with God ( whatever that means) ?
Actually its much more perfect than a fairytale.
I am an example of such Human being
The God of heaven and earth
the Bible said 'follow peace with all men and holiness, without with no man shall see God(thats what i mean)
the Bible also made me understand that after this earth passes away, the temple of God will dwell among us forever.
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by MizyB(f): 10:29am On Jan 04, 2016
TheAgba:

Don't you think it is very WRONG to say Christianity isn't a religion ?

1. The belief in and worship of a supernatural controlling power, especially a personal god or gods.

2. A particular system of faith and worship.

3. ...

4. ...

5. Any practice to which someone or some group is seriously devoted.

(Source : Wiktionary)

No matter how you try to define Christianity , you still define it as religion because it is indeed a religion .

If Salvation is by the power of God then why is everyone not saved ? It doesn't depict an omnipotent God . Don't you think ? If God can't exercise his power in saving all . If he really wants all to be saved he should do it and if he is unwilling , then does that depict a loving God ? What if he is willing and unable ? And also willing and able ?

This salvation as it stands isn't for all and that makes no sense . Flawed it is....!

dear brother,
My Observation: even if i begin to give answers to all these questions, because of the thirst in you, youll still find Ten or Three faults.
My advice: i know this wont make sense to you, but if u truly desire knowledge, Seek salvation today, Let the Holyspirit come into your life, he'll satisfy every yearn within U.
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 04, 2016
Speechless3:

People covered themselves up everywhere from the day Adam was chased out of the garden.

Just because they showed you pictures of few africans unclothed scattered here and there does not mean they went about naked. Almost all, if not all had clothes on most of the time.

Evolution doesn't make one sense to me, so you can continue flying to space with that one.

Serving God will never go out of fashion here: maybe you should try another planet.
I won't even talk about the Adam and Eve story .

Clothing has existed for hundreds of years B.C.E. But you think that the society simply just evolved at once to start wearing clothes ? Clothing itself is evolutional .

It's not about some Africans not being on clothes . They got the clothing civilization in not too distant past and I dont mean they in no way had skimpy coverings on themselves . And this tells that before those skimpy coverings, were unclothedness.

I won't be surprised if you think or believe humans just exist at a particular age without the normal due process of reproduction and growth .

Good morning miss...hope you're cool ?
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 04, 2016
MizyB:

dear brother,
My Observation: even if i begin to give answers to all these questions, because of the thirst in you, youll still find Ten or Three faults.
My advice: i know this wont make sense to you, but if u truly desire knowledge, Seek salvation today, Let the Holyspirit come into your life, he'll satisfy every yearn within U.

Observation : Salvation is psychological. It's just a way of telling your brain , be cool . The Holy Spirit ...#lips-sealed

Advice : Those feelings you get , people from other religions get them too . It's psychological , so claim no veracious spiri-spiri thing here.

Good morning... Hope your day has been wonderful ?:
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by MizyB(f): 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
TheAgba:

Observation : Salvation is psychological. It's just a way of telling your brain , be cool . The Holy Spirit ...#lips-sealed

Advice : Those feelings you get , people from other religions get them too . It's psychological , so claim no veracious spiri-spiri thing here.

Good morning... Hope your day has been wonderful ?:

its been great brother. Have a nice day and a Bright Life ahead!

Jesus Loves you still.
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
TheAgba, your logic is too weak to wrap your head around this. Going by this way, you'll only succeed in confirming your assertions about the fallacy of a God, never finding answers to your questions. Your wisdom and every other person's sadly is insufficient to explain God, who he is and how he works except you surrender yourself(you don't have anything to lose if you do). Forget everything, give it a try, just believe, don't ask questions even when you're extremely tempted to. Surrender yourself and hope for his enlightenment, for your wisdom is only inadequate. Accept Jesus as your lord and saviour today pleeeaaaase.
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
miclez:
TheAgba, your logic is too weak to wrap your head around this. Going by this way, you'll only succeed in confirming your assertions about the fallacy of a God, never finding answers to your questions. Your wisdom and every other person's sadly is insufficient to explain God, who he is and how he works except you surrender yourself(you don't have anything to lose if you do). Forget everything, give it a try, just believe, don't ask questions even when you're extremely tempted to. Surrender yourself and hope for his enlightenment, for your wisdom is only inadequate. Accept Jesus as your lord and saviour today pleeeaaaase.

You mean I should deny my brain ?

1 Like

Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
TheAgba:

You mean I should deny my brain ?

Yes
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
miclez:

Yes
On your own .
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by NamieNamie: 2:12am On Mar 09, 2017
MizyB:

Believe on the name of Jesus Christ! Only Jesus can save!

Why didn't Jesus save the over 90 million people murdered in north America when the beasts from central Asia via Europe invaded? Why didn't Jesus save black people from the transatlantic slave trade, being murdered, tortured and raped by whites?
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by NamieNamie: 2:46am On Mar 09, 2017
Following
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by NamieNamie: 2:50am On Mar 09, 2017
We live in an information age where information can be gathered literally in seconds yet black people choose to continue praying to a sky daddy and his zombie son. This is not due to any love or respect this is done out fear of eternal hell and damnation. Black people continue to be Christians though the white man is no longer is beating them, dragging them to their deaths, feeding their babies to dogs, shitting in their mouths, tarring and feathering them, raping their mothers, sisters, wives or mothers, aunts, daughters, mothers, son, brothers, grandmas, uncles or grandpas in front of them. So then, black people continue this delusion of Christianity because they lack any kind of self respect or knowledge of self.

1 Like

Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by NamieNamie: 3:00am On Mar 09, 2017

You idiot, Africans went unclothed simply because they could. Their skin color provided them ample protection from the elements, unlike the unnatural, genetically defective, pink skin which required protection. It was whites who convinced blacks that they needed to cover up. Even Egypt blacks went partially unclothed. In the Americas, where blacks resided prior to slavery, they went unclothed because black skin had a function. It was protective. Google is your friend. There is no need for blacks to continue to live in darkness and ignorance praying to some white spook.
Re: What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... by MizyB(f): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2018
NamieNamie:

Why didn't Jesus save the over 90 million people murdered in north America when the beasts from central Asia via Europe invaded? Why didn't Jesus save black people from the transatlantic slave trade, being murdered, tortured and raped by whites?
Jesus saved them. He died for the sins of the whole world. If anyone of them believed, it's even better that they had eternal life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? / A Thread For Atheists To Air Their Views And Get Answers / TB Joshua Has Direct Link To Satan Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.