Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Why Do Priest And Pastors Have Different Opinions On Secular Songs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Priest And Pastors Have Different Opinions On Secular Songs? (515 Views)

Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / Obinna Dike: Catholic Priest And Football Coach (Photos) / How Pastors Have Sex With Members - Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Priest And Pastors Have Different Opinions On Secular Songs? by homesteady(m): 10:21am On Jan 03, 2016
I attend both Catholic and Pentecostal churches, Catholic at home and pentecostal in school.
One of the sharp differences I noticed is the different attitudes towards secular music. In My Pentecostal church, it is preached against in all totality - even 'Gospel' songs that have their origin from secular songs are frowned on!

While in my Catholic Church, its the direct opposite. Just During New Year Mass, my Priest was singing Wande Coal My woman oh when he was preaching. grin When I was younger, we use to use secular songs to do Step-dance in church.

Why Is this So?
Re: Why Do Priest And Pastors Have Different Opinions On Secular Songs? by vizkiz: 10:46am On Jan 03, 2016
your priest is singing "my woman" in a church? No offense but to think you attend a shrine grin

Even wande coal wouldn't sing that in a church undecided
Re: Why Do Priest And Pastors Have Different Opinions On Secular Songs? by oieda: 10:48am On Jan 03, 2016
That's why one is a Catholic Church and the other Pentecostal. There would have been an actual problem if it was the same Church at different places.

But if you truly understand music and songs you will know that it does not only apply to your body to make you shake your body. But also to your mind to make your feel good, happy, depressed, sexually aroused or spiritually receptive. Report shows it that a lot of ladies felt 'wet' after listening to one of Nyangas or so 'Your waist'. Some even had to play it to have sex. Songs have a spiritual undertone whether you like it or not. Haven't you noticed a lot of people go crazy for songs that intellectually don't make sense, even when the singers are not good?

Hence why the Pentecostal ban it. Cos in order to be fully yielded to God you stay away from such that can take your mind, consciousness and spirit away from Him ie. secular songs
Re: Why Do Priest And Pastors Have Different Opinions On Secular Songs? by excellencyabia1: 10:57am On Jan 03, 2016
Because the kingdom of God have been suffering violence.people tend to do their will not the will of God
Re: Why Do Priest And Pastors Have Different Opinions On Secular Songs? by homesteady(m): 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
hmmm
Re: Why Do Priest And Pastors Have Different Opinions On Secular Songs? by misreal(m): 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
oieda:
That's why one is a Catholic Church and the other Pentecostal. There would have been an actual problem if it was the same Church at different places.

But if you truly understand music and songs you will know that it does not only apply to your body to make you shake your body. But also to your mind to make your feel good, happy, depressed, sexually aroused or spiritually receptive. Report shows it that a lot of ladies felt 'wet' after listening to one of Nyangas or so 'Your waist'. Some even had to play it to have sex. Songs have a spiritual undertone whether you like it or not. Haven't you noticed a lot of people go crazy for songs that intellectually don't make sense, even when the singers are not good?

Hence why the Pentecostal ban it. Cos in order to be fully yielded to God you stay away from such that can take your mind, consciousness and spirit away from Him ie. secular songs
somebody give this fellow a roasted ishiewu.... You just nailed it... grin

(1) (Reply)

Pastor D. K Olukoya / Abundant Life After Death / Shocking: ‘I Give Them Holy Spirit Through Ejaculation’:pastor Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.