Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

How To Charge Your Phone Faster - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Charge Your Phone Faster (1218 Views)

VIDEO: Dubai’s Smart Trees Have Wifi And Can Charge Your Phone / The Right Way To Charge Your Phone / How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Charge Your Phone Faster by mashnino(m): 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
Hey guys, if you came here expecting things like "switch off your phone, switch off your data etc", then you are in the wrong place. I want to try to use this post to make you understand your phone charger and the cable, just sit and understand what i am about to say. it's not rocket science.

Firstly, understand this

Power(Watts) = Current(Amp) * Voltage(Volts)
So, have you ever taken your time to look at those specifications on your charger and tried to understand what they mean. Every charger has a certain amount of Power(Watts) it can output at a given time. The higher the Power the faster the charging(simple analogy). For example

My Sony Xperia Z1 charger specification goes thus

Output
5.0V and 1500mA
Using the formula above
first we just convert the mA to Amp
5.0*1.5=7.5 watts
Good but not good enough
My LG GPAD 8.3 charger specification goes thus

Output
5.0V and 2000mA
using the formula above
5.0*2.0= 10 watts
Now this is better
From the calculations above, i don't have to tell you guys my number one charger for my devices. The thing is that you won't really see the Power(Watts) specs on the charger, that part is left for you to calculate. What you should be checking out for is the Current(Amp) output because that is what really determines how fast the charger can charge a device. At times you will see 2.1A or 1.0A or 1.5A on the body of the chargers, by now i think you should know which is the fastest.

Computer USB ports deliver very low Current(Amp) most times 0.5A, that's why it takes time to charge up your phone. Wireless chargers can't charge your phone fast enough too. I know most LG chargers output 2.0A, not all chargers are the same. Some big mAh Power banks have 2 outlets for charging devices, and from the few i have come across, one outlet outputs more Current(Amp) than the other. If you are not busy with the device at the moment you want to charge, just put it on "Airplane Mode", it helps too.

So guys if you have any question you can ask below and remember to share the post.

http://tektile..com.ng/2015/12/how-to-charge-your-phone-faster.html

2 Likes

Re: How To Charge Your Phone Faster by Kingy10: 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
mashnino:
Hey guys, if you came here expecting things like "switch off your phone, switch off your data etc", then you are in the wrong place. I want to try to use this post to make you understand your phone charger and the cable, just sit and understand what i am about to say. it's not rocket science.

Firstly, understand this

Power(Watts) = Current(Amp) * Voltage(Volts)
So, have you ever taken your time to look at those specifications on your charger and tried to understand what they mean. Every charger has a certain amount of Power(Watts) it can output at a given time. The higher the Power the faster the charging(simple analogy). For example

My Sony Xperia Z1 charger specification goes thus

Output
5.0V and 1500mA
Using the formula above
first we just convert the mA to Amp
5.0*1.5=7.5 watts
Good but not good enough
My LG GPAD 8.3 charger specification goes thus

Output
5.0V and 2000mA
using the formula above
5.0*2.0= 10 watts
Now this is better
From the calculations above, i don't have to tell you guys my number one charger for my devices. The thing is that you won't really see the Power(Watts) specs on the charger, that part is left for you to calculate. What you should be checking out for is the Current(Amp) output because that is what really determines how fast the charger can charge a device. At times you will see 2.1A or 1.0A or 1.5A on the body of the chargers, by now i think you should know which is the fastest.

Computer USB ports deliver very low Current(Amp) most times 0.5A, that's why it takes time to charge up your phone. Wireless chargers can't charge your phone fast enough too. I know most LG chargers output 2.0A, not all chargers are the same. Some big mAh Power banks have 2 outlets for charging devices, and from the few i have come across, one outlet outputs more Current(Amp) than the other. If you are not busy with the device at the moment you want to charge, just put it on "Airplane Mode", it helps too.

So guys if you have any question you can ask below and remember to share the post.

http://tektile..com.ng/2015/12/how-to-charge-your-phone-faster.html
But how can I get a good USB cable, because it also determines the rate at which phone charges...
Re: How To Charge Your Phone Faster by jonagaga(m): 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
mtcheeew leave trash for lawma
Re: How To Charge Your Phone Faster by branhampaul: 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
Thanks Very Much.. This Will Help Me Till Death..
Re: How To Charge Your Phone Faster by daphid25(m): 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
Just use a good charger, dazall
Re: How To Charge Your Phone Faster by osenbarak: 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
good info

(1) (Reply)

My Snokor Z5000 Has Refused To Read My Memory Card / Infinix Mobility Will Officially Unveil The Hot 3 Tomorrow / Huawei G Power Complaints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.