Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours (18081 Views)

Supreme Court Strikes Out Sheriff's Motion, Rules In Favour Of Makarfi's Faction / Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Andiebest(m): 12:37am On Jan 04, 2016
Petition written by supporters of President Muhammadu Buhari intends to counter a similar one circulating online calling for his resignation or impeachment for violating court orders has gathered approximately 5,434 signatures in less than 24hours as of the time of publication against 2,232 signatures gathered by the petition against him in 4days.

The petition in support of President Buhari, started on iPetitions by Audu Bukarti, states that “some political prostitutes and their clients have started an online petition calling on PMB to resign his office for their allegation that the president shown total lack of respect to Court Order when refused to release two high profile accused persons, Colonel Sambo Dasuki and the Biafran separatist leader, Nnamdi Kanu.”

Mr. Bukarti continues, “this petition is a calculated attempt to demoralize our president and truncate his war against corruption in public offices.”

A December 31st petition written by Carol Ajie on Change.org, which calls for President Buhari’s resignation, has received approximately 2,224 supporters at the time of this publication. The petition argues that President Buhari has violated his oath of office because he has not discharged his duties faithfully and in accordance with the Constitution. The petition against President Buhari claims that “in holding Mr Kanu [detained by the Department of State Services] beyond the required period they have infracted on the Immigration Act, the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 and subsisting court orders.”

The Change.org petition asserts that “President Buhari [should] resign from office or face impeachment proceedings. Alternatively avoid another Burundi, call him to comply with the Orders of Courts.”

At the time of this publication the petition in support of President Buhari, which started on January 3rd 2016, has 5349 signatures

These dueling petitions are the latest form of online activism in Nigeria questioning the legitimacy and leadership of President Buhari. Online and social media have been critical of President Buhari’s treatment of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), who was unlawfully arrested by agents of the Department of State Services (DSS). President Buhari has also been widely criticized for his many trips to foreign countries and the massacre of Shiite Muslims by the military in Zaria, Kaduna State.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/03/buhari-supporters-write-petition-counter-anti-buhari-petition (Edited to updated current figures)

A highlight on the site reads
"We have overtaken the wailing wailers. They gatherd 1,100 signatures 3 days. We have gathered more than theirs in less 12 hours. Carry on with the Good Work!"

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by neutrotoba(m): 12:38am On Jan 04, 2016
Only insane Nigerians would sign that petition against Mr. President.

The Judicial arm of Government in Nigeria is as corrupt as Dasuki.

Court Orders have to be flouted in dealing with some criminals. We can't risk Dasuki jumping bail, we can't risk Kanu roaming the streets thereby potentially sparking a Hutsu/Tsutsi situation in Nigeria.

This is the change we asked for

#fearlesspresident

#GodblessPMB

211 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 04, 2016
lols 9ja I hail una.

2 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 04, 2016
Good

4 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:19am On Jan 04, 2016
Over 6000 in just 12 Hours? So finally Nnamudi Kenny NgoziChukwu NwanneKaenyi Okwukanu is going to be hanged?

RIP Kanu and Biafra...

Back to the topic:

What baffles me about some Nigerians is, when they leave their abodes and sight a gathering of 5 and 6 people in the streets shouting "Ole Ole Ole" they will not only join the Chorus, but help in Bringing tires, Fuel, matches etc to burn the poor thief.

In this instance,
they care less about the So called Rule Of Law,

They care less about the tribe.

They care less about what and how much was "Stolen".

They don't even want to know whether the offence was actually committed.

But all they will want is, Jungle Justice immediately...

However, when corrupt politicians who are alleged to have stolen Billions are taken into custody, you begin to hear trash like witch hunting, Rule of Law, Ethnicity, PDP, APC and other useless inanities from the same pretenders.

May Thunder Strike anybody who ask for bails for these idiotuss!

Ndi Ara!

164 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Firefire(m): 1:23am On Jan 04, 2016
Wonderful!

5 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by daryoor(m): 1:25am On Jan 04, 2016
the change is here wether they like it or not. una go vomit that 2 bili way una chop. i need to see more dasukis go prison as they have imprisoned millions of nigerians in poverty over the years.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nobody: 1:27am On Jan 04, 2016
We buhari supporters will show them how to do online petition

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by evatee(m): 1:29am On Jan 04, 2016
God will soon put all these anti Buhari to shame!

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Geniro: 1:32am On Jan 04, 2016
We cannot allow these political merchants to succeed. We must not allow this to happen. We must not let them demoralize our reverend president. They are targeting 1, 000 signatures. Let's give our president at least 1, 000, 000 One Million) signatures before they complete their 1, 000.

Reactionary zombies .

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by luvmijeje(f): 1:33am On Jan 04, 2016
Signed in 1:32am.

10 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Demmocrats(m): 1:36am On Jan 04, 2016
Petition written by supporters of President Muhammadu Buhari intends to counter a similar one circulating online calling for his resignation or impeachment for violating court orders has gathered approximately 5,434 signatures in less than 24hours as of the time of publication against 2,232 signatures gathered by the petition against him in 4days.

Yah that list is incomplete with out my signature been listed, i just don't understand some peeps in this country, for the first time we have an honest and God fearing president that wants to change this country for good and some set of low lives are having issues on the way his doing things.

Those set of dudes never saw anything wrong in our soldiers going to war with Boko Haram with no bullets, i heard the accounts of soldiers what they experienced, some without full kits while some no enough bullets and the man responsible for that the same ijiats see nothing wrong in the man been in prison.

In country like China, Dasuki would have been killed a million times. Some times i wonder how people reason at all.

The one called Nnamdi Kanu that has been citing religious and tribal hate comments to break this Nation called Nigeria, so you want him to go free to continue spreading hate which will later lead to tribal wars and the deaths of millions. In advance countries where the legal system is working what that man is doing is punishable by death, that's treason to the highest order.

I still support my Sai Buhari and his decisions and all my life i have never seen when evil over shadow Good.

Sai Buhari!!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by fasho01(m): 1:37am On Jan 04, 2016
Nigerians self undecided

Those that initiated the petition in the first place should use their time to develop themselves rather than stir unnecessary trouble.

The present administration is barely a year on whether they like it or not. Will they continue like this

Why not give them a chance to take us out of the messy situation we find ourselves in this country? After all, it's a collective effort from all of us.

14 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Geniro: 1:47am On Jan 04, 2016
Demmocrats:
Over 170 million minus 5000 is like change grin
Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by njikoamaka: 2:05am On Jan 04, 2016
The recently hosted E-warriors are back to work after receiving some paychecks from Aisha Buhari.

Sincere and learned Nigerians can not support the growing trend of flaunting of court orders by GMB. Nobody is holding brief for any corrupt person, but the rule of the law MUST be obeyed. They are suspects until after conviction and must be treated as one no matter how bad you feel about their actions.

GMB is already taking a difficult part on the fight against corruption, because people will flee instead of appearing before a court with predetermined agenda.

I think GMB is on point and kill mission.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Luukasz(m): 3:58am On Jan 04, 2016
Foolish people dey no fit tok say make Brother GEJ resign na Baba Buhari wey better pass am dem wan make he resign.
God forbid bad people/PDP puppets

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 04, 2016
njikoamaka:
The recently hosted E-warriors are back to work after receiving some paychecks from Aisha Buhari.

Sincere and learned Nigerians can not support the growing trend of flaunting of court orders by GMB. Nobody is holding brief for any corrupt person, but the rule of the law MUST be obeyed. They are suspects until after conviction and must be treated as one no matter how bad you feel about their actions.

GMB is already taking a difficult part on the fight against corruption, because people will flee instead of appearing before a court with predetermined agenda.

I think GMB is on point and kill mission.

Shut up! This is a failed cheap blackmail & an infantile attempt to further your biafran cause & lawlessness.

If Buhari likes, he can flout all the court orders from here to congo, washington & hiroshima as long as corruption, terrorism, biafran agitation & economic saboteurs are completely eliminated. No amount of threats, persecution, name-calling, lies, propaganda & blackmail can deter him from taking Nigeria to its pinnacle of glory.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 04, 2016
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/support-president-buhari

I have signed

Currently more than 6000 signatures

17 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by jayloms: 5:25am On Jan 04, 2016
I was bothered in the first place about the petition calling for his resignation and I'm sure PMB didn't even notice the foolery of those who initiated it. Just allow this wailers to wail for it is their calling.

13 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Aufbauh(m): 5:33am On Jan 04, 2016
This is not unexpected. The only opposition to PMB's administration as far as i am concerned are the ever embittered biafrans that have been given to a reprobate mind and some pockets of unpatriotic Jonathanians that see nothing good about the person of Buhari.
The above fact is verifiable from previous snapshots, online commentaries and street talks.

This set of people overhyped their numerical influence on Internet by throwing tantrums at every turn of time, even though they represent the unstrategic minority.

I challenge them to conduct an election between their most potent hero and PMB, they'll realise that Buhari's support base has been grown geometrically after the April election. Even their Zero hero GEJ cannot garner a 5m votes against Buhari if the election is repeated.

Buhari's mandate is the people's mandate and we can't just help those who have decided to wail ceaselessly without a cause.
Just like the saying goes, the minority will have their say but the majority will always have their ways.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by jameseva: 5:34am On Jan 04, 2016
I initially contemplated folding my arms to watch unpatriotic and self serving, corruption-supporting fo.ols display their gullibilty on social media but decided against it yesterday after the #TyrantBuhari hashtag trended!

I have never seen anywhere in the world where citizens of a country openly supports proven corrupt officers and practices all in the name of opposition!!These Nuisances are the loudest voices when it comes to labelling Nigeria as an underdeveloped country, but are the first to queue behind looters and thieves over a few thousand Naira! Gosh! I hate this people! Their bigoted, blind and selfish support for corrupt individuals is the major reason why Nigeria is lagging behind in the comity of developed nations.

I use this medium to call on every goodwilling Nigerians to not leave president Buhari alone as he tries to fight corruption to a standstill thereby alleviating our living conditions as well as instilling positive psychology of hardwork, discipline and good morals into our lives! Corruption will fight back ruthlessly cos they have the financial means and willing tools (idiot.s) at their disposal! We must stand gallantly with our president both online (social media, internet forums etc) and offline!

My twitter handle with 7640 followers, Nairaland account, facebook profile, instagram and other social media accounts will do its part in shaming doom wishers and propaganders of hate against the progress of Nigeria! I hope several others take up this challenge as well. NIGERIA MUST WORK!!

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 04, 2016
currently over 6400 signatures

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 04, 2016
[size=14pt]WHY HAS THIS NOT HIT FRONT PAGE SINCE YESTERDAY

HAS PDP BOUGHT NAIRALAND
[/size]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by abumeinben(m): 6:29am On Jan 04, 2016
So there is an online government apart from the one I know
Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 04, 2016
jameseva:
I initially contemplated folding my arms to watch unpatriotic and self serving, corruption-supporting fo.ols display their gullibilty on social media but decided against it yesterday after the #TyrantBuhari hashtag trended!

I have never seen anywhere in the world where citizens of a country openly supports proven corrupt officers and practices all in the name of opposition!!These Nuisances are the loudest voices when it comes to labelling Nigeria as an underdeveloped country, but are the first to queue behind looters and thieves over a few thousand Naira! Gosh! I hate this people! Their bigoted, blind and selfish support for corrupt individuals is the major reason why Nigeria is lagging behind in the comity of developed nations.

I use this medium to call on every goodwilling Nigerians to not leave president Buhari alone as he tries to fight corruption to a standstill thereby alleviating our living conditions as well as instilling positive psychology of hardwork, discipline and good morals into our lives! Corruption will fight back ruthlessly cos they have the financial means and willing tools (idiot.s) at their disposal! We must stand gallantly with our president both online (social media, internet forums etc) and offline!

My twitter handle with 7640 followers Nairaland account, facebook profile, instagram and other social media accounts will do its part in shaming doom wishers and propaganders of hate against the progress of Nigeria! I hope several others take up this challenge as well. NIGERIA MUST WORK!!

[size=14pt]WHY HAS THIS NOT HIT FRONT PAGE SINCE YESTERDAY

HAS PDP BOUGHT NAIRALAND
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by EternalTruths: 6:45am On Jan 04, 2016
Truly Education those not make a Man Wise

How can Yorubas forget so easily how absolute power wielded by the military never helped matters

How can Yorubas forget how many lives were lost to restore democracy

Is Buhari God that is perfect

When Buhari Changes negatively, who checks him then

Let it be known to all and future generations of Yorubas, that their people today had sold them to eternal bondage that can never be redeemed except through a painful sacrifice

Tomorrow when his tyranny faces the direction of those supporting his disobedience of court orders, they will start deceiving themselves calling on God and organizing street protests.

If you know you will call on God for deliverance when absolute power corrupts Buhari, ask God now His view about your stand before you start shouting Oluwa oooo egbami

Oluwa(God) will not save you guys if you fail to do so.

IF YOU THINK THOSE NIGERIANS SUPPORTING DISOBEDIENCE OF COURT ORDERS WILL REGRET

CLICK LIKE

IF YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE

CLICK SHARE

17 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by coldsummer: 7:03am On Jan 04, 2016
Yes millions voted against him in one day but he still won. So 500,000 is just too insignificant.

2 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nimblemind(m): 7:03am On Jan 04, 2016
Shebi na mtn give MB to all of una wey dey go sign for and against the president online!

Do you actually think ordinary online rants would make PMB resign!

3 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:06am On Jan 04, 2016
EternalTruths:
Truly Education those not make a Man Wise

How can Yorubas forget so easily how absolute power wielded by the military never helped matters

How can Yorubas forget how many lives were lost to restore democracy

Is Buhari God that is perfect

When Buhari Changes negatively, who checks him then

Let it be known to all and future generations of Yorubas, that their people today had sold them to eternal bondage that can never be redeemed except through a painful sacrifice

Tomorrow when his tyranny faces the direction of those supporting his disobedience of court orders, they will start deceiving themselves calling on God and organizing street protests.

If you know you will call on God for deliverance when absolute power corrupts Buhari, ask God now His view about your stand before you start shouting Oluwa oooo egbami

Oluwa(God) will not save you guys if you fail to do so.

IF YOU THINK THOSE NIGERIANS SUPPORTING DISOBEDIENCE OF COURT ORDERS WILL REGRET

CLICK LIKE

IF YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE

CLICK SHARE

Carry cutlass make u share am by ur sef na...

23 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2016
Abeg where d petition make I sign my own sharp sharp. Thunder fire wailers, looters and der supporters..

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Summons Emergency Security Meeting / Peace Walk With Governor Sanwo-Olu By Liborous Oshoma / Photos From APC NEC Meeting In Abuja Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.