Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village (32416 Views)

How To Stop People From Posting Nonsense In Your Facebook Timeline / Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by sketcherJ(m): 8:26am On Jan 04, 2016
Have you ever seen a white cockroach before ? I don't mean those small tiny ones, I am talking about an adult big white cockroach, what was your reaction when you saw one? ,
Well I saw a white cockroach recently in my bathroom and I wont lie to you. I was surprised, I tried to bring it down but before I could find what i can use for that purpose; it disappeared; not literally, but I was surprised at how it could have ran away in that few seconds, I was curious so I decided to research on it .

What are the fallacy that are attached to white coackroaches?

1. They are ablino cockroaches
2. Some thought it is a good omen that something nice would happen
3. Others thought it is a visit from the people in their village

White cockroaches over the years has been attributed to albinism by some people,as we have among humans but the fact is that various science tests had found no trace of albinism in these white cockroaches and the idea was debunked, but what causes white cockroaches? Why do we have them?

This is the best answer

The real cause of a cockroach’s white appearance is that when roaches molt, they don’t only shed their outer shell, they also lose most of the pigmentation (coloration) in their bodies, which must then be replaced. This is a chemical reaction that occurs within the body, usually taking a few hours to fully restore pigmentation..so obviously the big cockroach I saw was in its molting stage and if I had captured it and wait a little longer, it would have turned brown, or maybe it did! Remember I said I was surprised it ran away in that few seconds? Maybe if I had looked well and pay heed to a brown cockroach hiding in the corner, maybe I would have found It..
But why don't we see white cockroaches often?

when cockroaches are in the process of molting, they go into hiding till the process has been restored! why.? Because they are highly vulnerable to dry up and predators after molting, since the new shell is not rigid enough for the muscles to provide much movement at this point, making it hard to run and hide when predators are chasing them.

So white cockroaches after some hours after molting now sport a new brown suit of armor, ready to go find food, water and shelter. Just like initiation into adulthood.

So why did I see a white cockroach that day? Why would you see it?

Maybe I disturbed or something had disturbed the hiding place of the cockroach which propelled it to run outside, if you don't disturb them, you won't see them.

Now I hope you have learnt a new thing today, when you see a white cockroach, I am sure you won't freak out now..ciao. cool

Lalasticlala , ishilove

Source

http://dandywriter..com.ng/2016/01/white-cockroaches-facts-and-fiction.html?m=1

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by sketcherJ(m): 8:27am On Jan 04, 2016
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Florblu(f): 8:32am On Jan 04, 2016
ok
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Mostwanted7: 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lol

10 Likes

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by PussyGotCum08: 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
Who Love me Email tins
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by PLANETMARS(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
Beta go find job olodo! @ d fool above me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by lasisi69(f): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
U can use as cheese for bread

2 Likes

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Do2dtun(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
Endtime post
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Owliver(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
never seen one.
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by missKiffy(f): 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
Have never seen a white cockroach
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by olafum1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
grin
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by whitebone(m): 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
Next
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by mallamseifaldin(m): 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
I have seen.
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by mondbest(m): 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
PussyGotCum08:
Who Love me Email tins
NOBODY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by muhakeem(m): 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
cockroach generation warming up, to take over in 2050
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by sunsco2225(m): 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
leave trash 4 lawma in badoo voice

3 Likes

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by pinpinkay: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
..c
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Phoenix001(m): 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Psalm18: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
The name given to fear of cockroaches is Katsaridaphobia.

I suffer an acute case of that phobia.
undecided slimy baswtards

6 Likes

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by pinpinkay: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
here in heaven, we don't know what is cockroach

1 Like

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
good to know
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by susrite(m): 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
Wow! I've once seen a gold and blue house fly, UT really looked like a bit. So bad I couldn't snap it just because I didn't wanna kill it
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Skryptchex(m): 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ok.
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by madgoat(m): 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
Witches and wizards in cockroach form cry
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Erotex(m): 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
weather it from villa or not when see such na to smash the shit >Nwa_Nsukka
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by phemoluv02(m): 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
I have seen the smaller one before.. i was scared too tho! i used my prayer watergrin
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Realonekingsley(m): 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
#LeavetrashforLawma
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Lilimax(f): 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
White cockroaches ke?
I've never come across it.
Must be the albino type of cockroach embarassed
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
lasisi69:
U can use as cheese for bread

Or substitute it for crayfish in Egusi or vegetable soup.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Major Scientifical Discoveries Of 2018 / Pros And Cons Of Installing A CCTV System In Your Homes Or Offices. / Just Killed A Snake In Our Living Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.