Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,423 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church (24793 Views)

Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released / Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
dukum:

Hey! i am a catholic too,am i facing some of your issues?......yes......that hasn't made me waver in my beliefs,even if u leave the church,the issue of committing sin would most like continue(we are human afterall....even priest would tell you that),plus u already have a mind set that u JUST CAN'T CHANGE,The church isn't doing little in teaching the bible truth..common!they even have bible weeks.....they are catholics who read the bible even more than priests.....U even call the holy book 'Boring'.....all i see here is a pattern(troubling actually).....i have like a billion things to say but i no wan write epistle and i believe i have touched some key areas.

The church like other churches or mosque is there to guide you........it is you who would determine the rest.

I cant determine something way beyond me. This is ridiculous.

Well thanks for your honesty.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
italo:
@Speechless, I want to get you right.

Are you looking for a congregation that can help you quit your sins?

No please. I want to know if i can quit them.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
italo:

You don't have the ability to control your inclination to sin?

Are you saying that if you knew your next act of cheating would lead to instant death, you wouldn't avoid cheating?

Would you 'go unclad' in a sharia country where you know you'll be stoned to death...or would you control the urge to 'go unclad?'

Be sincere with yourself.

The truth is i wont do them not because i respect the law, the person, the religion involved but because i fear the consequences. If the bible is correct, i dont think God want us obeying Him out of fear but out of love.

I am being sincere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
@Speechless3, All I can recommend is that you leave religion and have an encounter with Jesus. How?, call upon Him and tell Him you want to really meet Him in a special way for a personal relationship, explain your confusion to Him, He hears!. Start reading about His time on earth in the account of the News testament. I can assure you, if you are sincere, He will drop to your level to meet and direct your path. As many that call upon the name of the Lord shall be save.

1 Like

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2016
Speechless3:

You can
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
dukum:

Hey! i am a catholic too,am i facing some of your issues?......yes......that hasn't made me waver in my beliefs,even if u leave the church,the issue of committing sin would most like continue(we are human afterall....even priest would tell you that),plus u already have a mind set that u JUST CAN'T CHANGE,The church isn't doing little in teaching the bible truth..common!they even have bible weeks.....they are catholics who read the bible even more than priests.....U even call the holy book 'Boring'.....all i see here is a pattern(troubling actually).....i have like a billion things to say but i no wan write epistle and i believe i have touched some key areas.

The church like other churches or mosque is there to guide you........it is you who would determine the rest.

She needs the Holy Spirit and not any church for guidiance

1 Like

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Preciousgirl(f): 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
Speechless3:
Probably. But the catholic church still has the highest population. Can all these people be wrong?

Narrow is the way
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by btoks: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
superior1:

the Holy Spirit is with the Church established by Jesus, no?
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 12:12am On Jan 06, 2016
btoks:
the Holy Spirit is with the Church established by Jesus, no?

As many that are led my the Spirit of God are the Sons (and Daughters of God)...............no intermediary.....she needs the guidance of the Holy Spirit and nothing in between
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 7:05am On Jan 06, 2016
Speechless3:

The truth is i wont do them not because i respect the law, the person, the religion involved but because i fear the consequences. If the bible is correct, i dont think God want us obeying Him out of fear but out of love.

I am being sincere.

Good. There's one thing we can both agree on, based on your post: you have the ability to avoid your sins.

This is contrary to the impression you have been creating here: that you don't have the ability.

If you can choose to avoid them when there are grave immediate and irrevocable consequences (e.g stoning to death); but choose not to avoid them (when you know God will always forgive you at confession), the problem is not with God, the Church or the Bible. The problem is YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 7:14am On Jan 06, 2016
Speechless3:

You already know you can quit them. You would quit them if in a Sharia country...but you will not quit them for Jesus. Stop playing the victim here. Jesus Christ is your victim here.

It won't help you to be here seeking those who will sugarcoat the truth for you.

You have to be your own worst critic.

2 Likes

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 7:24am On Jan 06, 2016
Speechless3:

I think compile in this context is like bringing these books together but who authored them is a different thing.

If God can use evil men to kill Jesus, why cant he use anybody to get His words together.

Am not saying the catholic church is evil, but this is not a strong point. Thanks anyway.

I will show you why it is a strong point.

How do you know the Catholic Church got the compilation right?

How do you know that the books chosen (e.g Luke) were actually inspired by the Holy Spirit...

...and the books thrown out (e.g Gospel of Barnabas) were not inspired by the Holy Spirit?

How do you know that the Holy Spirit has stopped inspiring the writing of Scripture?

The Catholic Church made these proclamation by the divine infallible authority granted it by Jesus. If it is truly infallible, then it cannot teach error...but if it isn't infallible, then the Bible could contain error/erroneous books...or maybe scripture is still been written.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 7:26am On Jan 06, 2016
Sunglass20:
God is in your heart, serve him the way your heart leads you. Propher TB Joshua says and I quote...'when Christ comes again, the question will not be who worshipped God in Catholic, Anglican or Synagogue, the question would be- who worshipped God in SPIRIT and TRUTH'. I am a Catholic too, the teachings I agree with, I pick and put into practice; Those I dont agree with, I leave. I worship sometimes with other churches. I also learn. I enjoy their praise and worship which lifts your spirit to another level with God, and that we hardly get in the Catholic church. Worship God the best way you can, MAKE GOD'S WORD THE STANDARD FOR YOUR LIFE.

Just to remind you...that Jesus only founded ONE Church on St. Peter (Matt 16:18).
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 7:28am On Jan 06, 2016
superior1:

As many that are led my the Spirit of God are the Sons (and Daughters of God)...............no intermediary.....she needs the guidance of the Holy Spirit and nothing in between

But the early Christians needed the Church.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 7:32am On Jan 06, 2016
superior1:
@Speechless3, All I can recommend is that you leave religion and have an encounter with Jesus. How?, call upon Him and tell Him you want to really meet Him in a special way for a personal relationship, explain your confusion to Him, He hears!. Start reading about His time on earth in the account of the News testament. I can assure you, if you are sincere, He will drop to your level to meet and direct your path. As many that call upon the name of the Lord shall be save.

What you're saying is that she should leave religion and seek Jesus (that was taught to her by religion) by reading the NT (that was put together by religion).

That's hilarious...at best.

1 Like

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 8:05am On Jan 06, 2016
italo:

What you're saying is that she should leave religion and seek Jesus (that was taught to her by religion) by reading the NT (that was put together by religion).

That's hilarious...at best.

You don't get it. Religion is what she has been practicing....rituals, recitations blah blah, that is not Christianity (I know that is what Catholism embodies), you can be very religious and know nothing about Christ

1 Like

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 8:06am On Jan 06, 2016
italo:

But the early Christians needed the Church.

Needed what/which Church?
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 8:10am On Jan 06, 2016
superior1:

Needed what/which Church?

The only Church that Jesus founded on St. Peter. Led by the apostles and their successors.

Or are you saying the early Christians didn't need the Church?
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2016
italo:

The only Church that Jesus founded on St. Peter. Led by the apostles and their successors.

Or are you saying the early Christians didn't need the Church?

The real church includes me and all genuine believers in Christ. We are the Catholics (I hope you know it has nothing to do with Roman Catholism). The Church of Christ is founded sorry not on Peter but on Jesus Christ himself. @Speechless3, religious activities will not save you neither doctrine of men, it is only the blood of Jesus that is powerful enough to cleanse, the journey is not a day job but if you embrace Him and study His word diligently, He will reveal Himself in a way you will never miss Him

2 Likes

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 8:24am On Jan 06, 2016
@speechless3, let no man tell you God cant be accessed by you directly or you need an intervention of a group of people who are equally battling with their frail humanity. Search the scriptures, if God is true, He will reveal Himself to does who diligently seek Him.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 8:24am On Jan 06, 2016
superior1:

You don't get it. Religion is what she has been practicing....rituals, recitations blah blah, that is not Christianity (I know that is what Catholism embodies), you can be very religious and know nothing about Christ

True. And you can be very religious and know a lot about Christ.

And you can be non-religious and know nothing about Christ.

Jesus was religious: he participated in the ritual of baptism, pilgrimage, he recited prayers and the ritual of communion etc.

The Apostles too were religious: they participated in the rituals of baptism, communion, anointing the sick, ordination etc.

There is recitation of prayers and burning of incense in heaven. In fact Revelations is full of rituals.

So religion is good...when you internalize it's teachings and practices.

What is bad is empty outward religious practices without internalizing it. E.g Pharisees.

Mother Teresa was a very religious Catholic nun.

She internalized the religion and it made her a good person. Serving God and man.

What about you? How do you compare to her?

3 Likes

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2016
superior1:
@speechless3, let no man tell you God cant be accessed by you directly or you need an intervention of a group of people who are equally battling with their frail humanity. Search the scriptures, if God is true, He will reveal Himself to does who diligently seek Him.

By searching the scripture, you've already accessed God through the men (Church leaders with frail humanity) who wrote and compiled it.

There's a reason God chose to come into the world through Mary, and found a Church led by the apostles. Jesus told the apostles: "he who hears you hears me." "Whose sins you forgive are forgiven." "Whatever you bind is bound."

Even the Bible says that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth 1Tim3:15.

Even Paul that had a personal encounter with Jesus had to go to the Church leaders.

Are you wiser than God and the apostles?

2 Likes

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 8:39am On Jan 06, 2016
italo:

True. And you can be very religious and know a lot about Christ.

And you can be non-religious and know nothing about Christ.

Jesus was religious: he participated in the ritual of baptism, pilgrimage, he recited prayers and the ritual of communion etc.

The Apostles too were religious: they participated in the rituals of baptism, communion, anointing the sick, ordination etc.

There is recitation of prayers and burning of incense in heaven. In fact Revelations is full of rituals.

So religion is good...when you internalize it's teachings and practices.

What is bad is empty outward religious practices without internalizing it. E.g Pharisees.

Mother Teresa was a very religious Catholic nun.

She internalized the religion and it made her a good person. Serving God and man.

What about you? How do you compare to her?

You can know alot about Christ and have no relationship with Him, @Speechless3, what you need is relationship with Him, He can be related to. I know you have been taught all your life that you need a saint or priest to help you settle things with God, that is a blatant lie!, Christ doesnt need any intermediary, He says if any man come to me, I will by no means cast away. God knows about your struggles and your internal yearnings, when you surrender your life to Him, He will accept you and with His power transform you into a better person.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by dukum: 8:40am On Jan 06, 2016
superior1:

One of the many reasons why i don't like engaging in these kind of conversations.
Shey na the Holy spirit just come down tell her about God?,Someone had to tell her there is a God and e.t.c.
I am nt saying you are wrong though,but we need to they apply logic some time.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 8:46am On Jan 06, 2016
dukum:

One of the many reasons why i don't like engaging in these kind of conversations.
Shey na the holy spirit just come down tell her about God?,Someone had to tell her there is a God and e.t.c.
I am nt saying you are wrong though,but we need to they apply logic some time.

It is written Holy Spirit.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by dukum: 8:50am On Jan 06, 2016
Speechless3:

I cant determine something way beyond me
. This is ridiculous.

Well thanks for your honesty.

Leaving religion and or faith out of this and applying reasoning, No offence!but you clearly have a mental block........it looks to me that you just want to be told its ok to continue in your way.well i would stop talking on this issue here.......I pray you find your way eventually. Good luck.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 8:50am On Jan 06, 2016
superior1:

The real church includes me and all genuine believers in Christ. We are the Catholics (I hope you know it has nothing to do with Roman Catholism). The Church of Christ is founded sorry not on Peter but on Jesus Christ himself. @Speechless3, religious activities will not save you neither doctrine of men, it is only the blood of Jesus that is powerful enough to cleanse, the journey is not a day job but if you embrace Him and study His word diligently, He will reveal Himself in a way you will never miss Him

Hahaha! See Protestant claiming to be Catholic and claiming that Catholics are not Catholics. Delusion at its peak.

Matt16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

The early Christians needed the one Church Jesus foubded.. We are no different.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Sunglass20(f): 8:55am On Jan 06, 2016
italo:

Just to remind you...that Jesus only founded ONE Church on St. Peter (Matt 16:18).

So other Christians who are not Catholics, who don't pretend to be celibates and destroy the lives of innocent girls by defiling them won't make heaven I guess? The Catholic ministers...how many of them ever stand by you when you are in need and in pain? Like i said, i am a catholic and have seen how deep the devil Has destroyed the Church through Her Ministers. I am not perfect, i do my best to advice and help the innocent girls in their traps the best way i can. I already lost my belief in God seeing the way those who we see as Christ's representative and our guide to Christ, disrespect Christ and i almost came to a conclusion that God doesn't exist until I came in Contact with few Men of God who Revere God like He should Truly be revered in Spirit and in Truth. My life changed my Dear. Running from one Church to another is not the Solution because none is Perfect though some are better. I Love the Catholic church though, I will be there to do my best to affect the few lives I can positively. Christianity is a personal relationship with God.. It is Love for God that Flows to man.

1 Like

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by italo: 8:57am On Jan 06, 2016
superior1:

You can know alot about Christ and have no relationship with Him, @Speechless3, what you need is relationship with Him, He can be related to. I know you have been taught all your life that you need a saint or priest to help you settle things with God, that is a blatant lie!, Christ doesnt need any intermediary, He says if any man come to me, I will by no means cast away. God knows about your struggles and your internal yearnings, when you surrender your life to Him, He will accept you and with His power transform you into a better person.

Why did Jesus tell the apostles to baptize people, and break bread for people, and to teach people, and give them authority to forgive sins, and give them the keys to the kingdom of God?

Is that not Jesus making them intermediaries?

Hahaha!

This your religion is contrary to that of Jesus and the apostles o.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by dukum: 8:58am On Jan 06, 2016
superior1:

It is written Holy Spirit.

Thanks for that i have made the necessary modification.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by dukum: 9:03am On Jan 06, 2016
italo:

Why did Jesus tell the apostles to baptize people, and break bread for people, and to teach people, and give them authority to forgive sins, and give them the keys to the kingdom of God?

Is that not Jesus making them intermediaries?

Hahaha!

This your religion is contrary to that of Jesus and the apostles o.

Its ok man.......every body with e own belief......this talk no go end if you continue....no need going in circles.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by superior1: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2016
italo:

Hahaha! See Protestant claiming to be Catholic and claiming that Catholics are not Catholics. Delusion at its peak.

Matt16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

The early Christians needed the one Church Jesus foubded.. We are no different.

I am no Roman Catholic nor Protestant, I am a member of the body of Christ.
@Speechless3, politics was introduced into Christianity some years back. A particular roman emperor wanted a religious state, he fought wars and killed many who didn't accept this, he formed a roman Christianity, it is called Roman Catholism (Rome is still existing today and so his the church he formed). Under him, forgiveness was sold to people for fees, alot of the original Christians were killed, people don't want to be Christians again because they love God, it became a religious activity demanded by the state.

Jesus has called us into a relationship, it has nothing to do with politics. That is what you should seek after and only in that relationship can you receive true meaning of life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Igbo Names Of THE ALMIGHTY GOD / 10 Bible Verses Against Yahoo Yahoo, Ponzi Scheme, Money Rituals / The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.