Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:37 AM

If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! (1208 Views)

To The Computer Wizard In The House,how Do I Create A Customize Email? / Experience Internet Person And Computer Wizard Is Needed Ugently / How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by specialman: 11:06am On Oct 25, 2006
HELP!!!!
My pc is telling me that "task manager has been disabled by your administrator." while i am the admin.
Any computer guru there?, !
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by specialman: 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2006
the problem actually started with the virus from yahoo messanger and has spread through my computer. if u have been through this problem and can help other people as well, pls do.
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by steveomni(m): 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2006
you have to explain to me first what you were trying to do,when the system said so,alot of computer says that,but only when you are trying to perfom a particular task, like when you are making use of short cuts,that has been disabled then the computer react to that input,by telling you that the access to that command which you input has been disabled,in most cases it doesn't mean that you computer is infected.explian to me.so that i can see how i can help you
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by Chxta(m): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2006
My feelings about Window$ are well documented. . .

Anyways, download this file, and double click it. Should fix your problem. Then when you're through, do yourself a favour and switch to Linux.
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by specialman: 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2006
i tried the link and it goes "Registery editing has been disabled by your administrator" .
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by Chxta(m): 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2006
Then my friend, you have a serious problem.

Go into safe mode (I assume you know how to get there) and do the shyte again from there. Just finished a particularly tough test, so I don't think I'll be online until tomorrrow. But leave a feed back here. . .
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by zPixel(m): 2:17am On Oct 31, 2006
I will suggest you get a good and up-to-date anti-virus and scan the whole pc, if that don't fix the problem then try restoring windows to a date before the problem started.
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by omot208(f): 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2006
pls, i need that help too.

i got an invitation from a friend on yahoo messenger and it was a virus. i clicked on it and the site was taking so long to open so i tried to close it. my pc was hanging so i had to shut down. for the next few days it sent itself to everyone on my friends list whenever i was online and i had to tell them to ignore it. now i cant even use yahoo messenger even though i downloaded a new version. and now it's attacking my modem and memory.

i've got like two engineers to come check it but the use antivirus and it seems to be gone, but it always resurfaces. pls help!
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by Neoteny(m): 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2006
so many possibilities. group policy editing that shut u out, not really logging on as the admin, brontok. endless.
if you are running on win xp pro use group policy to enable task manager.
Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
Navigate to this path:

User Configuration
> Administrative Templates
> System
> Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options
> Remove Task Manager
Double-click the Remove Task Manager option.
Set the policy to Not Configured.

to enable registry editing Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below: (better - Copy and paste)

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

if it still tells u registry editing has been disabled blah blah, then use group policy editing.
Click Start, Run and type GPEDIT.MSC to launch the Group Policy Editor, navigate to User> Configuration > Administrative Templates > System, on the right pane select prevent Access to registry editing tools, double click and set as Not Configured.

if you dont have access to gpedit.msc then u are not logged in as an admin.

if this doesnt help u, nothing will. cheers.

note: take some time and familiarize urself with group policy. it reallly helps.
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by Chxta(m): 7:50pm On Nov 09, 2006
Neoteny, the file I linked here would do exactly what you've described, so it won't work for him. What I want to know is why he hasn't come back to give us some feedback. . .
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by Neoteny(m): 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2006
@chxta
wish i could pronounce ur name, kinda aztec-like. : )

probably wont work then, as u said. but i guarantee following the gpedit method works. i was once on a public domain box but the silly admin apparently thot only mere mortals come over so he/she/it stupidly left access to gpedit and wih that i tinkered with the box's innards like keraazzy. just for the hell of it. im that lose.
but you a linux fanboy aint u? how're the command lines coming along?

I AM ROOT!
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by Chxta(m): 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2006
Young man, Linux is the future. . .

By the way, I wonder where Jogego and Niggy are. . .
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by ogbon: 1:21am On Nov 11, 2006
The solution Neoteny prescribed worked for me just that i disabled access to the registry tools and now am glad my registry is now enable thank you very much for your advice to study the group profile. But mind you i've set it back to not configured and its working perfectly. Thanks once again
Re: If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! by Neoteny(m): 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2006
sorted. you're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Laptop, Intel Dual Core, 320gb,2gb,cam,bt For N69,000 Only / Mtn Mobile Internet Router / 8 Google Fun Tricks That You’d Love To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.