Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker (5542 Views)

If You Are A Smoker This Can Save Your Lungs (or If You Have Any Lung Disease) / Baby Aisha Mustapha Born With Heart Outside Her Chest Dies / A Cup Of Lipton Tea And Lime Can Make That Chest Pain Disappear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by cutebobo(m): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hello nairalanders, this is true. I am 21 years and have been experiencing sharp pain in my chest at the left hand side. It comes and go; that is, it is occasional.
Anytime it comes, it will grip me to the extent of holding my chest and sweating. I won't be able to stand or do anything for that few minute. If I try to, I will worsen the pain. What might be wrong with me. I did X-rays test when I was admitted to the university during medical clearance and nothing was said to be wrong.
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Aristotle96(m): 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
Are u under stress, anxiety panic or any mental trauma dah makes ur mind to skp?

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by OCTAVO: 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
Maybe you engage in something stressful occasionally. Also watch your sleeping position.
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by cutebobo(m): 11:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
Aristotle96:
Are u under stress, anxiety panic or any mental trauma dah makes ur mind to skp?
can't really say but what I only observe about my nature is that I get panic easily. Any small drop or scary thing ( not highly scary though ), I panic and my heart beats fast
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Yuneehk(f): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
Sorry about the pain. Try and avoid strenous activities, watch your sleeping position(avoid sleeping on your left side) and most importantly, watch what you eat.
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by osesology(m): 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
cutebobo:
Hello nairalanders, this is true. I am 21 years and have been experiencing sharp pain in my chest at the left hand side. It comes and go; that is, it is occasional.
Anytime it comes, it will grip me to the extent of holding my chest and sweating. I won't be able to stand or do anything for that few minute. If I try to, I will worsen the pain. What might be wrong with me. I did X-rays test when I was admitted to the university during medical clearance and nothing was said to be wrong.
Bro, I think we are having the same problem. I was even beginning to think about going for a cancer test but I'm still scared to do that. I really hope an expert will be able to give you/us the answers that you/we seek.
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by cutebobo(m): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2016
osesology:

Bro, I think we are having the same problem. I was even beginning to think about going for a cancer test but I'm still scared to do that. I really hope an expert will be able to give you/us the answers that you/we seek.
I google and read something about it and what am seeing is not good at all. So I just back off. I no want cancer ooo
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Aristotle96(m): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2016
cutebobo:
can't really say but what I only observe about my nature is that I get panic easily. Any small drop or scary thing ( not highly scary though ), I panic and my heart beats fast
ya symptoms of anxiety... Try to find out what triggers D panic and wen the taught bashes in try as hard to debunk it... Maybe difficult but try and see a doc... Stress leads to anxiety which leads to panic and realses adrenaline wen ever u get scared which takes u into what is called fight or flight mode which means either u fight or run mode, and by then hormones are released causing all kinds of negative taught s with uncertain outocome... Try and reduce caffeinated stuffs if u take any and see a doctor... Sleep early and well and try to remove negative taught of fear tho its hard

1 Like

Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by cutebobo(m): 12:33am On Jan 05, 2016
Aristotle96:
ya symptoms of anxiety... Try to find out what triggers D panic and wen the taught bashes in try as hard to debunk it... Maybe difficult but try and see a doc... Stress leads to anxiety which leads to panic and realses adrenaline wen ever u get scared which takes u into what is called fight or flight mode which means either u fight or run mode, and by then hormones are released causing all kinds of negative taught s with uncertain outocome... Try and reduce caffeinated stuffs if u take any and see a doctor... Sleep early and well and try to remove negative taught of fear tho its hard
thanks but I don't have this attack when I'm scare ooo. It comes when I don't expect. The first time I had this issue was around 2005 when I was in primary school and I could remember I was playing then. Since then, it has been on and off.
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by menix(m): 12:40am On Jan 05, 2016
My own no reach ur own, so I use soda water to settle mine...

Thou sleeping position might be responsible for urs.
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by cutebobo(m): 12:53am On Jan 05, 2016
osesology:

After browsing the internet, I think we might be suffering from 'panic attack' or 'angina'
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Segipaul: 2:37am On Jan 05, 2016
I had dis 2months ago...mine was chest pains,headache,palpitations,irregular/fast heartbeat and anxiety pranks...went to see a doctor who prescribed 'propanolol' for me,took it and evryfin bcame fine...he listed the causes wich are physical exertion,sleeping position,stress and much anxiety. Note, all these shud be suspected when ur chest x-ray shows normal, pls try and see a doctor
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Aristotle96(m): 8:05am On Jan 05, 2016
cutebobo:
thanks but I don't have this attack when I'm scare ooo. It comes when I don't expect. The first time I had this issue was around 2005 when I was in primary school and I could remember I was playing then. Since then, it has been on and off.
ok try and go for check ups... U can share the testimony later
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Aristotle96(m): 8:16am On Jan 05, 2016
Segipaul:
I had dis 2months ago...mine was chest pains,headache,palpitations,irregular/fast heartbeat and anxiety pranks...went to see a doctor who prescribed 'propanolol' for me,took it and evryfin bcame fine...he listed the causes wich are physical assertion,sleeping position,stress and much anxiety. Note, all these shud be suspected when ur chest x-ray shows normal, pls try and see a doctor
sir so since den have u experienced the irregular heartbeat again? Wah are the side effects of the drugs? Are u still taking the drugs even after the treatment?
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Segipaul: 10:06am On Jan 05, 2016
Aristotle96:
sir so since den have u experienced the irregular heartbeat again? Wah are the side effects of the drugs? Are u still taking the drugs even after the treatment?
nah, no more fast/irregular heartbeats nor palpitations.the side effects of the drug are mild which are stomach upset and lightness and i have stoppd taking it since i fulfilled my dosage, dats for 2months now.
The drug should be taken on doctors prescription dats why it's paramount to see one cos some1 wit an already slow pulse shouldnt take cos it works by decreasing the pulse and improving the functions of the heart muscles and it also prevent heart attack
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Aristotle96(m): 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
Segipaul:

nah, no more fast/irregular heartbeats nor palpitations.the side effects of the drug are mild which are stomach upset and lightness and i have stoppd taking it since i fulfilled my dosage, dats for 2months now.
The drug should be taken on doctors prescription dats why it's paramount to see one cos some1 wit an already slow pulse shouldnt take cos it works by decreasing the pulse and improving the functions of the heart muscles and it also prevent heart attack
thanks
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Bloomingbud(f): 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2016
Am currently experiencing this only that mine extends to pains in my shoulders and hands, I also feel this tightness in the chest that makes me uncomfortable and throw up.

Am tired of going to the hospital and taking drugs cos I've not seen any improvement.
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by DrAdonis: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
OP, I'll have stable angina and panic attack as the differential diagnosis. Interaction with you can help cone down the final diagnosis.

Answers to the following questions can help; are you overweight? what triggers the pain (exercise, emotion, cold weather? )? what relieves the pain (rest?)? do you have a feeling of impending doom when the episode is on? There are so many questions. The best you can do is go to a hospital for proper evaluation. You may have to do some tests like ecg/exercise ecg, nd other cardiac stress tests amongst others. Please, go to the hospital.
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by DrAdonis: 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bloomingbud:
Am currently experiencing this only that mine extends to pains in my shoulders and hands, I also feel this tightness in the chest that makes me uncomfortable and throw up.

Am tired of going to the hospital and taking drugs cos I've not seen any improvement.

What drugs were you given?
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by cutebobo(m): 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
DrAdonis:
OP, I'll have stable angina and panic attack as the differential diagnosis. Interaction with you can help cone down the final diagnosis.

Answers to the following questions can help; are you overweight? what triggers the pain (exercise, emotion, cold weather? )? what relieves the pain (rest?)? do you have a feeling of impending doom when the episode is on? There are so many questions. The best you can do is go to a hospital for proper evaluation. You may have to do some tests like ecg/exercise ecg, nd other cardiac stress tests amongst others. Please, go to the hospital.
. I just don't know, I'm always scare at little scary thing and feeling of impending doom. I can't control that. That's how I am.
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Bloomingbud(f): 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
DrAdonis:

What drugs were you given?

Sometimes last year I was given amytriptylin for pains in the chest and left side of the body and it worked but I've stopped taking it.

Recently prenisolone and brochicure among many self prescription. Then the Dr I met on Monday said its indigestion cos I throw up and prescribed gestid and strepsils. Thanks.
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Aristotle96(m): 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2016
cutebobo:
bro howfar any solution yet? like any improvement or drugs taken??
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Antina(f): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2016
cutebobo:
Mr., Ulcer in the making. That is the symptoms. Pls see a doctor. Was having same pain as described, went to hospital before i knew its Ulcer

1 Like

Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Aristotle96(m): 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2016
Antina:

Mr., Ulcer in the making. That is the symptoms. Pls see a doctor. Was having same pain as described, went to hospital before i know its Ulcer
does alcer affect or also increase palpitation and irregular heart beat
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by cutebobo(m): 11:34am On Jan 26, 2016
Antina:

Mr., Ulcer in the making. That is the symptoms. Pls see a doctor. Was having same pain as described, went to hospital before i know its Ulcer
Ulcer at the chest?
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by infonirt: 12:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
cutebobo:

I have had the same problem for more than 10 years. I had to always beat up My left chest severely for the pain to stop. My brother introduced me to Chlorophyll drink. Since then, I av been taking it. No more pains. It's just 7k per bottle and last for month. Call or Whatsapp 08026368206 if u need it.

Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
get blackseeds oil. good for heart diseases and heart congestion. 08181773750. works for ulcer as well.

Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Lexusgs430: 12:24am On Jan 27, 2016
Possible signs of an imminent heart attack. Have you had an ECG done recently? If not, request one!!!
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Antina(f): 3:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Aristotle96:
does alcer affect or also increase palpitation and irregular heart beat
yes
Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Kalatium(m): 11:25pm On Nov 12, 2016
cutebobo:

Sir, your condition is called Precordial Catch Syndrome, do not panic the Syndrome is harmless
To know more about the Syndrome go to my article @
https://www.nairaland.com/3462391/precordial-catch-syndrome-benign-chest#50992681

1 Like

Re: I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker by Kalatium(m): 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Possible signs of an imminent heart attack. Have you had an ECG done recently? If not, request one!!!
It's not heart attack

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Nigerian Law On Euthanasia? / COVID-19 Update For August 10 2021 In Nigeria / The Pain Of Child Birth!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.