Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Help My Car Doesn't Accelerate Normally (pictures) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My Car Doesn't Accelerate Normally (pictures) (7099 Views)

My Car Doesn't Start On Time When Engine Is Hot / Gear Engages Well; But Car Doesn't Move / Help My Car Doesn't Steem Fine In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Help My Car Doesn't Accelerate Normally (pictures) by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 21, 2016
TCD:
Helo car talk please I need help. 

My car is a 2003 Toyota Solara automatic 2.4L I4.

Had the car for almost two years and no major issues.

However today as I was travelling returning from Xmas break after having covered about 350 miles the car started acting up.

It started while I was driving I noticed the car just revved suddenly and the RPM shot up to 5000.it was only for an instant It soon returned to normal. 

Later on I noticed the car wasn't accelerating in proportion to how I depress the gas pedal. It seemed too slow for the level I depressed the pedal. I soon stopped to have lunch , stated the car and it moved normal.

However later at an army checkpoint after I stopped, the car would no longer move no matter how I depress the pedal. put the gear on R, D, 2, L the car doesn't move.  The engine just revs. 

Put the gear in P, Switched off the engine  after about 10 seconds restrated the engine and engaged D car jerks forward abit and starts moving... if I reduce speed due to pot holes or other cars it re accelerates sluggishly till it finally accelerates no more no matter how I depress the pedal . 

If I engage all gears at this point it doesn't move even reverse . Till I switch off the  car wait about 10 seconds before I restart then the car moves only to repeat tell whole cycle again.

Sometimes when it manages to move the RPM will be so high for the current speed as shown in the pics below.

1. I checked the ATF and it's full. No blackish colour no burnt smell.

2. I have never worked on the gear before . Neither did I have any engine work doNE recently.

3. No CEL illuminated on the dash.

4. I bought fuel some minutes before this started ...could this be bad fuel?

I was able to manage the car stop and start till I got to jalingp and parked it at a friends house and took a bus home (which also broke down to sad. I'm posting this from some bush in the north east of Nigeria )

Please would like help as to what are the possible causes of this issue and how to solve them as I don't trust all these mechs. Especialy since its far from home. Thank you.

@Gazzuzz @Siena  please help a brother.

I have a feeling this is a gear issue from what you explained your engine is firing well that's why you have high rev but power is not being transferred to the wheels maybe due to poor engagement in your transmission system( mainly gearbox)
Re: Help My Car Doesn't Accelerate Normally (pictures) by Nafizzey(m): 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
TCD:
thanks guys for your suggestions . The strainer was clogged with some kind of metal powders. was washed thoroughly and refilled wit Type 4 transmission fluid. car now moves fine. I just hope this will be the end of the matter.

lesson learnt, to start servicing transmission every year if not 6 months sef.
pls Sir, is strainer same with fuel filter?
Re: Help My Car Doesn't Accelerate Normally (pictures) by melviniyke2002(m): 3:19am On Feb 16, 2022
Nafizzey:
pls Sir, is strainer same with fuel filter?
gear filter

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abeg Make Una Help Me Check Vin Number JTEGD21A050107378 / Double Custom Duties In Cotonou And Seme Border ? Please I need your advise / URGENT: Need Oven Baked Painting In ABUJA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.