Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,880 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank (4027 Views)

Vacancies In An Investment Bank and other sectors. / Entry Level Jobs At Powerhq (3 Positions) Ssce/ond/hnd/bsc(pre NYSC) / Procter & Gamble Pre-nysc Internship Program-cee00001091 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by recnigeria: 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2009
Pre-NYSC staff roles exists in one of the top Investment Banking companies in Nigeria.

We look forward to recruiting graduates who will work as Pre-NYSC/NYSC staff within the Lagos Office of the company.

Job Summary
Work within a dedicated team with high level of responsibility;
Conduct financial modelling and valuation;
Prepare marketing materials and presentations;
Coordinate due diligence;
Attend negotiating sessions;
Participate in transaction documentation

The ideal candidate must be young, versatile and possess a minimum of a First Class Degree or 2.1 (2nd class upper degree) in Finance/Accounting/Banking or other related business fields from a Nigerian university. ACA/ACCA/CIS would be an added advantage.

Please note that only candidates that fit the above requirement should send an email to recnigeria@gmail.com before the close of business today 16/06/2009. Only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted.

N.B. Only Pre-NYSC candidates (graduates that are yet to serve) should apply
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by chikscfa2: 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2009
Hi seun,

saw your posts regarding pre-nysc candidates for vacancies in investment banks in nigeria. I was wondering how this would apply to foreign graduates like myself. I am looking to relocate Nigeria in the August but am visiting first in july to try and sort things out.
In my position I have 4 years investment banking experience in london working in both mergers & acquisitions and Fixed & derivatives trading platforms. I also have a first degree i accounting & finance, masters in financial analysis & fund management, and also passed my CFA exams (chartered financial analyst exams).
So as you can see I am no longer a graduate due to my years of work experience but I would like to use this to get into nigeria sysytem.

My question is after the NYSC is done, Will the bank I served restore to my former position in london of senior associate or will i have to go through the whole graduate thing again? I have already done a training programme here in UK with my employers and as a result not too keen on doing anymore.
And also in what capacity will I work as under NYSC programme as I am an experienced hire?
I can send an e-mail regarding this matter if you think its worth us discussing it further.

thanks
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by tkb417(m): 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2009
and u expect pre-nysc people to have acca and stuffs? grin
u never start
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by TCann(m): 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2009
tkb417:

and u expect pre-nysc people to have acca and stuffs? grin
u never start

dont mind these pple, am sick of naija employers, do they think it is beans-ACA, ACCA, CIS-u just slam down criteria as if pple just enter into ICAN exams centres and 3 wks later, they re qualified; to add salt to injury,they will req that u re 25 yrs old. May God help the system,, hmmmm.
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by Sagamite(m): 10:32am On Jun 16, 2009
chiks-cfa2:

Hi seun,

saw your posts regarding pre-nysc candidates for vacancies in investment banks in nigeria. I was wondering how this would apply to foreign graduates like myself. I am looking to relocate Nigeria in the August but am visiting first in july to try and sort things out.
In my position I have 4 years investment banking experience in london working in both mergers & acquisitions and Fixed & derivatives trading platforms. I also have a first degree i accounting & finance, masters in financial analysis & fund management, and also passed my CFA exams (chartered financial analyst exams).
So as you can see I am no longer a graduate due to my years of work experience but I would like to use this to get into nigeria sysytem.

My question is after the NYSC is done, Will the bank I served restore to my former position in london of senior associate or will i have to go through the whole graduate thing again? I have already done a training programme here in UK with my employers and as a result not too keen on doing anymore.
And also in what capacity will I work as under NYSC programme as I am an experienced hire?
I can send an e-mail regarding this matter if you think its worth us discussing it further.

thanks

You have 4 years IB experience in London, you were a Senior Associate, have passed CFA exams and you are volunteering to go and do an internship in Nigeria? Wow?

Which IB were you a Snr Associate in?

I find you write up hard to believe except you are saying you were a back office Snr Associate.
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by Sagamite(m): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2009
T-Cann:

dont mind these pple, am sick of naija employers, do they think it is beans-ACA, ACCA, CIS-u just slam down criteria as if pple just enter into ICAN exams centres and 3 wks later, they re qualified; to add salt to injury,they will req that u re 25 yrs old. May God help the system,, hmmmm.

The government needs to put in place a law that bans age discrimination as those older grads are not at fault for their situation. It is the government (or in strict terms, lack of it) that has resulted in them being unemployed at their age.

They should make it illegal for employers to stipulate or ask for age in hiring.

But they wouldn't do this as it does not affect their own children. There is part of the national cake for those ones irrespective of age.
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by chikscfa2: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite,

Perhaps you miss understand my intentions and position.
Firstly no I am not in the back office, I have bn working in the front-office since I joined IB here. I was not so much volunteering if u read my posts I was merely showing my interest and would do my due dilligence based on the response the guy gave. This was jus a case of testing out the water to see the kind of response I got.
I havent bn to nigeria in 10yrs and have no connections but need to relocate for family reasons. I am in my mid 20s and understand NYSC is a necessity so have bn looking for various avenues which I am still actively working but I just thought seeing what this guy had to offer wouldn't hurt.
So NO, I am not blindly volunteering to do an internship I did at 21. Anyway I will b visiting nigeria this summer so we will see.
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by Puvguy: 11:21am On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite,

I heard the Uk has passed a law against age discrimination. How true?
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by Sagamite(m): 11:37am On Jun 16, 2009
Puvguy:

Sagamite,

I heard the Uk has passed a law against age discrimination. How true?

Yep, they have.

You don't even have to put dates of your school period on your CV as it allows employers to calculate/guess your age.

And they are not allowed to ask.
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by Puvguy: 11:39am On Jun 16, 2009
I should be in Uk then grin
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by tkb417(m): 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2009
Yep, they have.

You don't even have to put dates of your school period on your CV as it allows employers to calculate/guess your age.

And they are not allowed to ask.
that needs to happen fast in 9ja

Chiks-cfa
which of the IB firms did you work in the UK?
are you a member of UKSIPS (UK CFA society) since you have passed ur exams?

i can get you and interview with any IB in Nigeria if i have these details
You dont have to do any Internship if u have 4 years IB experience in the UK
Things aint that bad. Pls, lemme know what firms uve have worked in the past

cheers
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by jidadex(m): 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2009
Chiks-cfa, please send your CV to me
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by seunallday: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2009
una dey ind cheap labour abi?? tongue tongue tongue
recnigeria:

Pre-NYSC staff roles exists in one of the top Investment Banking companies in Nigeria.

We look forward to recruiting graduates who will work as Pre-NYSC/NYSC staff within the Lagos Office of the company.

Job Summary
Work within a dedicated team with high level of responsibility;
Conduct financial modelling and valuation;
Prepare marketing materials and presentations;
Coordinate due diligence;
Attend negotiating sessions;
Participate in transaction documentation

The ideal candidate must be young, versatile and possess a minimum of a First Class Degree or 2.1 (2nd class upper degree) in Finance/Accounting/Banking or other related business fields from a Nigerian university. ACA/ACCA/CIS would be an added advantage.

Please note that only candidates that fit the above requirement should send an email to recnigeria@gmail.com before the close of business today 16/06/2009. Only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted.

N.B. Only Pre-NYSC candidates (graduates that are yet to serve) should apply
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by kadman(m): 6:51pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ SAGAMITE

My bros from another mother. . I sent you an email,please reply me as soon as you can ! wink
Re: Pre-nysc Openings In Investment Bank by nitrogen(m): 11:11am On Dec 29, 2011
pls, i need a pre nysc work in any investment bank, i'll be going for service nxt yr and till then i dont want to be idle. So if u have any link, pls inform me.my email ady

(1) (Reply)

CLEAN HOME AFFAIRS Professional Cleaning Company / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment Exam What Do We Expect. / What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.