Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year (14356 Views)

Do You Suffer From Low Traffic on Your Blog? - This Is the Final Solution / How To Boost Your Blog Traffic By 40% [WordPress Only][Thread Resurrected] / Win A Tech Blog This Feburary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Talk2CB: 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2016
If you are not persistent and patient then blogging is not for you. Because you will give up too soon. Getting genuine traffic is not child's play and ranking on Google search takes time.

Nairaland is a good platform to get traffic but all depends on your niche. As for me I blog for the fun of it. If you attempt to be like other bloggers ......you will be wasting your time. Just be yourself and do what works for you best.

I started my blog 12th of December 2015 and so far so good...it's been fun. I learn from other bloggers how to improve my blog. Everyday is learning day.

Blogging Is Not For everybody.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
drdrei09:
@op, i want 2 start blogn bt i'm a novice. Pls wat ar thing i have 2 knw as a beginner?
the bitter thruth is 2 keep reading about blogging and understand on blog about blog e.g http://bloggingbasics101.com,http://problogger.net,by doing dis u will be a pro in blogging but many pple neglect dis act and just jump in 2 blogging without knowing d concepts of blogging and dis make their goals unachieve.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Topmaike007(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
Mayfrank:

Just get the apps.. depending on the platform You're using. I'm using WordPress app to post and uc browser for customization.

My domain is Nerdslot.com, It's a self hosted WordPress blog.
OK oo tecno H6
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
glossy6:
What areas are worth blogging about or is just gossip like Linda does?
u can blog on anything dat interests u,dat u' re passionate about,what u have knowledge and understanding about,and what u can write consistently on without diversifying.
there are numerous niche u can write on,this are few listed below;
technology,blogging,how to make money,entertainment,banking & finance,business,news,sports,politics,free browsing cheats e.t.c.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by bolaji3071(m): 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
Contact17:

I had a look at the link it looks like a cool website. I will be visiting it gain. Sice you know a lot about blogging do you mind having a look at my blog and tell me what you think? www.sherijourney..com
Will be waiting to hear from you

Sir you've got a great blog there.. Please sir can you help out to create a blog like yours.. Thanks in advance sir.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by BHarmony(m): 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
I want to start blogging. I have the flair for writing and I need your assistance to set up my blog. I also want you to be my mentor. Please give me your whatsapp/phone numbers. My whatsapp/phone number is 08035795826
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by realGURU(m): 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2016
Jeromejnr:

If you guys want to learn to succeed in any business, you should never share your ideas on an open forum or social media.
thank u
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
realGURU:
hello am also in school, i wanted to create mathematic tutorial blog. Is it a good niche to choose?
yes it is.but u must have solid knowledge in maths,passionate about it,solve pple problem and be patient coupled with consistency.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Phabulous4(m): 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
Wonderful article. How do I get to contact u.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by realGURU(m): 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
tundexweb:

yes it is.but u must have solid knowledge in maths,passionate about it,solve pple problem and be patient coupled with consistency.
thank u, that won't be a problem, am already a 300 level bsc maths undergraduate, am doing tutorial for freshers already.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by drdrei09: 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
chiefoo26:
how can I post on nairaland pls?
bt u jst posted by quoting me
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by GreatManBee: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
Julius2214:
You may be thinking that you have a job or you are a student, so you can’t blog. No! No! I’m a student, in my final year. From experience am telling you that blogging will even help you as a student. You’ll get to understand as you read on. Your job shouldn’t be a barrier also. It shouldn’t stop you from blogging. I’ve met a few people who have full-time jobs but are interested in blogging and I help them set up their blogs. You may be thinking about the possibility of combining your job with blogging. Ayeni Tobi of MissTechy dot com recently wrote a post on how she does this. She’s got a job, but very consistent on her blog. You can learn from her experience if you want to combine your job with blogging.

Back to the topic:

7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year

1. You’ll Become A Better Writer

Blogging is definitely going to improve your writing skills. Becoming a better writer lies on much practice, and how frequently you write. And then that is what blogging is about. This is one of the reasons it will help you as a student. Blogging has greatly improved my writing skills and other bloggers out there.

2. You’ll Make A Difference In The Life Of Others

One time or the other, we have all read a story, a blog post, or an article online that inspired us. You can change people’s life for the better through blogging. Inspiring young people to discover their true potentials, directing people to make better choices in their relationships, spreading the virtues of your faith.There are many ways you can help others through blogging. Your voice matters, making it heard will have a positive impact on others. Start your blog today to be an inspiration to others.

3. You’ll Meet New People.

I’ve enjoyed many benefits since I started blogging. Meeting interesting people is part of them. If you’ve been blogging for while, you’ll agree with me on this. People that are interested in your niche will always contact you to know more about it and you’ll end up making friends with some of them. Beneficial friends. You may also get to meet top bloggers in your niche. Meeting new people and making friends is fun.

4. You’ll Become A Better Thinker

You don’t get taught in school how to think, but it’s one of the greatest attributes every human must possess. Blogging fills that void, it helps you grow your thinking muscles exponentially. Before writing anything, you have to think so you can give your readers what they want from you. Now is the best time to think about having your own blog.

5. It’ll Build Your Confidence.

Blogging will make you confide in yourself, it’ll help you learn to voice your opinion without being scared of making mistakes. With time you’ll realize that your voice matters and you have something to offer others.

6. It’ll create opportunity for yourself and for your business

Writing about a particular topic consistently shows you are an expert in that field. When you become known in that area people looking for expertise will eventually contact you. One of my major services online is to set up blogs. I’ve been doing that even before I started this blog. But after starting this blog, I get to meet more people interested in my services because they see me as an expert.

7. You Can Make Money From Blogging

I know you’ve heard a lot about making money from blogging and that is the main reason some people go into it. Though it is true that you can make money blogging, but blogging is not a get-rich-quick scheme. (You’ve heard about that too). Create values and grow your audience before you think of making money from your blog.

So are you convinced? You want to start your blog? Don’t rush. Don’t jump into entertainment niche like others do and end up becoming a “copy-and-paste” blogger. Carefully choose a niche that is right for you. I wrote a post that will help you choose the right niche. Check my profile.

One more thing.

There are two major platform to set up your blog; Blogger and WordPress.

Blogger is a free service owned by google, where you can easily set up your blog in minutes and get a free sub-domain like yourblog..com.

WordPress on the other hand is divided into two; Self hosted and free hosted (). Just like blogger, is free and you’ll also get a free sub-domain like yourblog..

But to use the self hosted WordPress, you’ll need to purchase a hosting account and install the WordPress script.

If you already know about WordPress and Blogger, you should also know that using the self hosted WordPress is the best. There are many articles online supporting this claim. Personally, I don’t take bloggers on a free platform like and blogger serious. Especially those without a custom domain name.

Lalasticlala, Seun
http://bloggingplan.com/2016/01/05/7-awesome-reasons-start-blog-year/
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Tufan(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Check Out This Pretty Site Make Sure U Comment Www.Trickstarz.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
bolaji3071:

Sir you've got a great blog there.. Please sir can you help out to create a blog like yours.. Thanks in advance sir.

Thanks for your comments about my blog. What exactly do you need help with?
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 05, 2016
Guys and people in general be sure to check out my blog at sherijourney..com It's less than a month old
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by mubitechnology: 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
passion is what will make you stay even you are recieving zero traffic
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by chichriso: 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nice topic.
Op, i enjoyed your writeup
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by cyberwaver(m): 9:19pm On Jan 05, 2016
realGURU:
hello am also in school, i wanted to create mathematic tutorial blog. Is it a good niche to choose?
realGURU I need enthusiastic people like you at http://Ngedugurus.com and register, I will soon be advertising on Google, The website is not a blog but an educational QnA portal. Am reading to grow the portal hurry now.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Shobizz(m): 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nyc article bro, plx kip it up.
Hw do blogger, get dier money.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by folks4luv(f): 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
Topmaike007:
I don't know maybe i can use my tablet for bloging because I don't have much to get a laptop......

Yes u can, I use a tecno H5 to blog, not easy, but i still do it anyway. U just need a good browser. Uc browser, fire fox, chrome etc r good. U can also download d blogger app too, though d app is a lil dry to me
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
folks4luv:

Yes u can, I use a tecno H5 to blog, not easy, but i still do it anyway. U just need a good browser. Uc browser, fire fox, chrome etc r good. U can also download d blogger app too, though d app is a lil dry to me
somebody who is using self hosting domain name on wordpress can that person be able to register his blog and get accepted by adsense
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by saltoftheearth0(f): 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
2016 looks great already. For so many years I have dreamt of having a blog. Not to make money but to show and share my passion with the world from the dept of my heart.
This is a good post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by raffite: 10:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
Neyoor:
I have the equipments to use and I already know the niche I want to delve into but still yet to know how to set up my blog

Any help would be appreciated.

Let us help you.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Marsh104(m): 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
wow... just opened a blog as the OP directed grin check me out @ akabreco..com. omo, to get this name no easyooo. I tried so many names the thing no gree click sotey sleep enter my eye. but as determined guy wey I be, I no gree. as I rez the bottle of coke wey dey my hand... kpaa wink, the name enter "akabreco". that's the name of wetin I chop this night, akara, bread and coke kiss. lol
abeg like me if you know say we go ride for my blog...
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by adelujohn(m): 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Julius2214(m): 11:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Julius2214(m): 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Neyoor:
I have the equipments to use and I already know the niche I want to delve into but still yet to know how to set up my blog

Any help would be appreciated.
Get in touch
www.bloggingplan.com/contact
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Julius2214(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2016
Donpeak:
I need a blog...
Get in touch www.bloggingplan.com/contact
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by tosyne2much(m): 12:13am On Jan 06, 2016
1, 4 and 5 rocks my boat cool

Nice one OP
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Julius2214(m): 12:14am On Jan 06, 2016
realGURU:
The joy of having a blog is getting people to visit it. It's good to share your knowledge with people but do you think a lot of people are interested in mathematics tutorials?
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Julius2214(m): 12:19am On Jan 06, 2016
BHarmony:
I want to start blogging. I have the flair for writing and I need your assistance to set up my blog. I also want you to be my mentor. Please give me your whatsapp/phone numbers. My whatsapp/phone number is 08035795826
check my contact details here >>> www.bloggingplan.com/contact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php / [FREE Guide] Yahoo Bitcoin Investment Latest Format – Step By Step Guide / Nairaland Has 2 Million Members!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.