Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. (26857 Views)

King Onwa 'Eze Awo' Disgraced For Insulting Imo King Online. Photos/Videos / Body Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China, Lands In Lagos Airport / Corpse Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China Packaged; To Be Flown To Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
Udmaster:
Ogboni is a cult that originated from the yorubas.. What the Igbos have is OKONKO.
Please I'm not referring to the Yoruba cult of Ogboni, I mean oboni. It is pronounce as oBoni. the "b" is very audible in the pronunciation.
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by bigfrancis21: 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:
bigfrancis21, dont run away, come and tell me why i wouldnt mention Ikwerre here. Are you not a member of the gang that go about on NL claiming Ikwerre is Igbo. So why do you think Ikwerre shouldnt be mentioned on this thread. Maybe u feel threatened by the truth. Well, going by your analogy that all Igbo originated from NRI and[b] Ikwerre history has it that Ikwerre originated from Akalaka[/b], ita safe to reaffirm that Ikwerres aint Igbo. Thanks..

If you feel you're not Igbo why should you be here in the first place mentioning you're Ikwerre or what? Because you only find relevance amongst Igbo threads? Do other tribes give a damn about you when you tell them you're Ikwerre? You only get the attention you want on Igbo threads because they have the energy to be bold enough to stand up to the lies being perpetrated about your ancestry.

I put it to you that you are an attention-seeker. Bluffing does not reduce any of that.

Ikwerres are mainly descended from the people of Arochukwu, with later migrants from Orlu and Awka. This has been Ikwerre history and story, documented long time ago, and as told by them pre-civil war until after the civil war.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by bigfrancis21: 10:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
Udmaster:
are you people not tired of this ikwerre Igbo issue? Its becoming boring.
Nri Kingdom is not the only Igbo historical kingdom, we have many others, the Aro, Owerri, Nnewi, Ohafia etc.

You're beginning to see why she brought this up because she knew she would get the attention she needs. You won't find her spamming Yoruba or Hausa threads mentioning how different, albeit, special she is because she is Ikwerre. These other tribes barely know what Ikwerre is how much more to give a damn. Then she comes on an Igbo thread about Nri civilization that makes no reference whatsoever to Ikwerre to tell us how 'special' or 'different' she is. What stops her from commenting on the post without telling us how 'different' she is?

Or maybe I'm giving her the attention that she needs anyway.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Udmaster(m): 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
In as much, I don't like commenting on this ikwerre identity issue but there is a likelyhood that their origin is AROCHUKWU KINGDOM.
- there is a colonial reference in one old history textbook that point out the ikwerre history.
- I will search for it and post it

3 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by HopeAtHand: 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
bigfrancis21:

If you feel you're not Igbo why should you be here in the first place mentioning you're Ikwerre or what? Because you only find relevance amongst Igbo threads? Do other tribes give a damn about you when you tell them you're Ikwerre? You only get the attention you want on Igbo threads because they have the energy to be bold enough to stand up to the lies being perpetrated about your ancestry.

I put it to you that you are an attention-seeker. Bluffing does not reduce any of that.

Ikwerres are mainly descended from the people of Arochukwu, with later migrants from Orlu and Awka. This has been Ikwerre history and story, documented long time ago, and as told by them pre-civil war until after the civil war.

Like i said earlier, there is no end to learning. Saying i am Ikwerre in an Igbo thread isnt a crime. An Ibibio man, an Ijawman or whoever can make an input on this thread, they can state whatever they feel if they see any relationship with the subject matter. I do not understand why the postings by Ikwerres causes you so much discomfort. Im happy some communities in Imo state have ancestry from Ikwerreland. When Ikwerres want to secede from Nigeria and form our own country, we will not keave our kith and kin behind. SE Ikwerres will not be left behind. grin grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by bigfrancis21: 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
Udmaster:
In as much, I don't like commenting on this ikwerre identity issue but there is a likelyhood that their origin is [b]AROCHUKWU KINGDOM[/b].
- there is a colonial reference in one old history textbook that point out the ikwerre history.
- I will search for it and post it

Even many of Ikwerre elders know this all too well, especially those born before the civil war. Till today, some Ikwerre elders would meet an Arochukwu man specifically and call him 'wene m', in reference to their ancestral ties. The Ikwerres elders do not do this to other Igbo groups, only to the Aros. Then you have village names in Ikwerre land such as 'umuigbo' (Igbo descendants) and yet they claim they are not Igbo. Even the pronunciation of the name has been changed to something else to disguise its meaning. Go to PH and observe how the Ikwerres have twisted the pronunciation of that name to 'rumuigboo' with a rising inflection.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by gykes(m): 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by bigfrancis21: 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Like i said earlier, there is no end to learning. Saying i am Ikwerre in an Igbo thread isnt a crime. An Ibibio man, an Ijawman or whoever can make an input on this thread, they can state whatever they feel if they see any relationship with the subject matter. I do not understand why the postings by Ikwerres causes you so much discomfort. Im happy some communities in Imo state have ancestry from Ikwerreland. When Ikwerres want to secede from Nigeria and form our own country, we will not keave our kith and kin behind. SE Ikwerres will not be left behind. grin grin

@bold...LOL. One man's word does not mean that's true. Infact, this is the first time i'm ever hearing of such. No educational piece of evidence so far exists to prove that statement. However, many pre-civil war pieces of evidence exist that prove the Ikwerres are descended from the Arochukwus. Sometimes, history is never lost and traces of it still remain. I will keep telling this to the Bini-claiming Ikwerres who don't know their history. Sorry to burst your bubble.grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by B2mario(m): 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Udmaster:
Nri is the father of all Igbos, the oldest kingdom in Nigeria which is Nri Kingdom and the IGBO UKWU CIVILIZATION attest to that..
- The Abia, Imo, Ebonyi people anciently migrated from Nri Kingdom.
Even the Eke Orie Nkwo Afor Market Day Counting originated from NRI.

Oga you are wrong, Abiriba migrated from Andoni, some Arochukwu migrated from Ibibio while the Isus have their ancestral home in Amaigbo. God created the Ngwas the place they are, they did not come from anywhere rather many tribes like mbaise, some parts of Ikwerre, Etche, and Ndoki migrated from Ngwa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Udmaster(m): 11:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

those people you are point out in imo are descendants of Arochukwu Kingdom during migration and many historians even ur own elechi amadi point it out in one of his books about Arochukwu and Ikwerre connection.
- you may be shooting urself in the leg.
---

4 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Udmaster(m): 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
B2mario:

Oga you are wrong, Abiriba migrated from Andoni, some Arochukwu migrated from Ibibio while the Isus have their ancestral home in Amaigbo. God created the Ngwas the place they are, they did not come from anywhere rather many tribes like mbaise, some parts of Ikwerre, Etche, and Ndoki migrated from Ngwa.
I know that.. Not all Igbos are originated from one source but this thread is about Nri Civilization.
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by HopeAtHand: 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
gykes:

I have always said it and I will maintain my stance..... the term "IGBO" is just an umbrella-name. A name given to a set of people within a geographic landscape or region. It's more like an identifier, for the sole purpose of building political strength and alliance, most especially for numbers for a people who share no ancestral origin or even ethnicity, and are mainly in the minority. The aim is to build numbers against a larger majority.

A typical example are the terms "middle-belt" or "hausa-fulani" "syria" - note that syria shouldn't be mistaken for Assyrians/Assur, "Niger-Delta"....

I for add "Nigeria" but the fear of Mynd and 3 months ban is the beginning of wisdom grin

This post is epic.

@bolded. Igbo has a new definition.

Igbo is defined as that Umbrella name or identifier used to refer to people within a geographical region or landscape who are of different ethnicity (and have no shared ancestral origin) for the ease of administration grin grin

Mehn, Lugard tried. See how he manufactured something out of nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by genuinechimere(m): 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2016
This thread has really exposed †ђξ Igbos to †ђξ attacks of †ђξ enemy. It has made them vulnerable. It will now bξ used to cause more confusion and division amongst them.
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by bednego22: 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
eri is the father of major igbo states and he is a descendant of Jessy which is of Jacob.....linage that is way Abia is chosen for the programme of God Almighty, for the End
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by HopeAtHand: 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
Udmaster:
those people you are point out in imo are descendants of Arochukwu Kingdom during migration and many historians even ur own elechi amadi point it out in one of his books about Arochukwu and Ikwerre connection.
- you may be shooting urself in the leg.
---

Im not shooting myself at all. Im just reversing Igbo lines.

SS Igbos will not be left behind.
SE Ikwerres will noy be left behind.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Udmaster(m): 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

This post is epic.

@bolded. Igbo has a new definition.

Igbo is defined as that Umbrella name or identifier used to refer to people within a geographical region or landscape who have no shared ancesteal origin for the ease of administration grin grin

Mehn, Lugard tried. See how he manufactured something out of nothing.
you two love attention.
The Great IGBO existed before Lord Lugard, ask about Oladua Equinoh back then who in his biography who pronounce his village and his proud Igbo identity.
Go and read up.
This thread is about Nri Civilization and not ikwerre.
The ikwerre name you people bear is an Igbo word, that means you people have no history or simply cultural name stealers

3 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Lilimax(f): 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
PrettyClare7:
Representing uruofolo Nri
I am from uruofolo Nri too smiley Small world!
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Lilimax(f): 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
nwakibie3:

Ada Nrijiofor.
Nri bu isi Igbo! smiley
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by HopeAtHand: 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
Udmaster:
you two love attention.
The Great IGBO existed before Lord Lugard, ask about Oladua Equinoh back then who in his biography who pronounce his village and his proud Igbo identity.
Go and read up.
This thread is about Nri Civilization and not ikwerre.

U dnt understand the point. Lugard named the people within a geographical location as Igbo. Its an umbrella name.
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Udmaster(m): 11:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

U dnt understand the point. Lugard named the people within a geographical location as Igbo. Its an umbrella name.
are you naturally dumb? I told you that Equaino around 1768 wrote a biography and expressed his PROUD IGBO IDENTITY while you ikwerres falsely start claiming benin ancestry just after a civil war in 1970.
-even the binis will take it as a show of clowns.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
NAIRALANDERS NRI IS MY HOMETOWN
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Udmaster(m): 11:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
These ikwerres are funny.. Comparing themselves to THE GREAT IGBO TRIBE who established many powerful civilizations like The Nri, Arochukwu, Ohafia, Ngwa, Isuama, etc.
Far back in the 17s, Equaino quoted proudly his IGBO IDENTITY while these ikwerre-benin clowns started just in 1970 in a bid to boost their low self esteem..

2 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Kirigidi(m): 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
princejayboss:

Oga you are wrong.... Kingship have run in my family for more Than 5 generation now ... As a prince that sat beside the stool of the king... I can tell you authoritatively that Nri was and is and will still be the the father of igbo people...

Go back to your king and ask questions about what the OP wrote ... He is right
U need to correct urself! How can u ignorantly claim dat a priestly/warrior personality (Eri) who emerged only as recently as 900AD is d father of all Igbos? Do u knw dat Igbo pipo hav being occupyin dia present homelands hundreds of years bfor d rise of Nri? My point is dat Igbo communities hav been existing in d South-East long bfor Eri came wit his migrant party (probably frm d ancient Aka Kingdom/Benin during d Ogiso era in 900AD) to establish a kingdom in d midst of republican Igbo pipo.
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Udmaster(m): 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
Kirigidi:
U need to correct urself! Nri (Eri) can't just b d founder or father of d all Igbo pipo/can. How can u ignorantly claim dat a priestly/warrior personality (Eri) who emerged only as recently as 900AD is d father of all Igbos? Do u knw dat Igbo pipo hav being occupyin dia present homelands hundreds of years bfor d rise of Nri? My point is dat Igbo communities hav been existing in d South-East long bfor Eri came wit his migrant party (probably frm d ancient Aka Kingdom/Benin during d Ogiso era in 900AD) to establish a kingdom in d midst of republican Igbo pipo.
you are confusing urself here.
This thread is about Nri Civilization and Eri did NOT Migrate from Benin.. Thats is insultive and a treason statement.
- you people said dat oduduwa migrated 4rm benin, the yorubas shut you people up.
- now it is Eri.
Don't make that Blasphemous statement again.
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by gykes(m): 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
Udmaster:
you two love attention

The ikwerre name you people bear is an Igbo word, that means you people have no history or simply cultural name stealers

Iwhnurọhna people descended from the ancient Bini Kingdom. The name of the grand ancestor is Akalaka. Their relations in Rivers State are Ekpeye and Ogba people. The reigning Oba of Benin when Akalaka, the ancestor of Ihruọha (later called Iwhnurọhna) fled was Oba Ewuare (Ogwaro). Akalaka, a member of the Benin royal family, fled in the 13 th century on allegation of plotting assassination of the Oba. He died in 1462. Iwhnurọhna his third son settled east of the Sombrero River by 1538 AD.... I can draw you my family tree from this point with 100% accuracy down to my-ikwerre-blooded-self ....but... for security reasons, I wont.... thankyou

And if you still want to know how that name "Ikwerre" came to be, do ask....

Just so you know Ikwerre existed long before the civil war. I even had Uncle's who fought on both sides to the point where my dad had to be sneaked out of Ikwerreland to his maternal home (my granny's village in igboland - Abia state).... smh...

About the "attention" I'm so loving it....

Udmaster:
These ikwerres are funny.. Comparing themselves to THE GREAT IGBO TRIBE who established many powerful civilizations like The Nri, Arochukwu, Ohafia, Ngwa, Isuama, etc.
Far back in the 17s, Equaino quoted proudly his IGBO IDENTITY while these ikwerre-benin clowns started just in 1970 in a bid to boost their low self esteem..

Your ignorance is epic!
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Udmaster(m): 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
gykes:

Iwhnurọhna people descended from the ancient Bini Kingdom. The name of the grand ancestor is Akalaka. Their relations in Rivers State are Ekpeye and Ogba people. The reigning Oba of Benin when Akalaka, the ancestor of Ihruọha (later called Iwhnurọhna) fled was Oba Ewuare (Ogwaro). Akalaka, a member of the Benin royal family, fled in the 13 th century on allegation of plotting assassination of the Oba. He died in 1462. Iwhnurọhna his third son settled east of the Sombrero River by 1538 AD.... I can draw you my family tree from this point with 100% accuracy down to my-ikwerre-blooded-self ....but... for security reasons, I wont.... thankyou

And if you still want to know how that name "Ikwerre" came to be, do ask....

Just so you know Ikwerre existed long before the civil war. I even had Uncle's who fought on both sides to the point where my dad had to be sneaked out of Ikwerreland to his maternal home (my granny's village in igboland - Abia state).... smh...

About the "attention" I'm so loving it....
so are you people so inferior that you people forgot your bini names, languages, and even deities.. Why did you people steal names and language dialet from THE GREAT IGBO TRIBE.?
After civil war in 1970, you people start changing it to sound less Igbo.. Umuokoro turned to rumuokoro. Huh?
Cc: bigfrancis21

2 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by bigfrancis21: 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
Kirigidi:
U need to correct urself! How can u ignorantly claim dat a priestly/warrior personality (Eri) who emerged only as recently as 900AD is d father of all Igbos? Do u knw dat Igbo pipo hav being occupyin dia present homelands hundreds of years bfor d rise of Nri? My point is dat Igbo communities hav been existing in d South-East long bfor Eri came wit his migrant party (probably frm d ancient Aka Kingdom/Benin during d Ogiso era in 900AD) to establish a kingdom in d midst of republican Igbo pipo.

How come Bini historical records have no history of this supposed Aka person or even the much-touted Ezechime? Matter of fact, what is your proof of this so-called Aka-Nri migration from Bini?

Are you aware that the 'uku' word in the Bini king's title, 'Omo n'oba akpolokpolo Uku' that means 'great' comes most likely from Igbo, meaning 'great' just as we have Igbo Ukwu, Issele Uku etc. in Igboland?

Are you aware that the Binis, Idomas and Igalas all use the Igbo 4 market days of Eke, Orie/Oye, Afor and Nkwo which are most likely as a result of Nri influence on the Binis, Igalas and Idomas?

3 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by bigfrancis21: 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
Udmaster:
so are you people so inferior that you people forgot your bini names, languages, and even deities.. Why did you people steal names and language dialet from THE GREAT IGBO TRIBE.?
After civil war in 1970, you people start changing it to sound less Igbo.. Umuokoro turned to rumuokoro. Huh?

Quit debating with him and let go. The Ikwerre people look for relevance amongst upland Igbos all the time. Moreover, the thread is being derailed from its original purpose.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by gykes(m): 12:02am On Jan 06, 2016
Udmaster:
Cc: bigfrancis21

Smh! Rumuokoro is Infact my community. The man Okoro had two wives and the first son of the 1st wife is my town(village)...smh.... I will stop here... your ignorance though.....
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Udmaster(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2016
gykes:

Smh! Rumuokoro is Infact my community. The man Okoro had two wives and the first son of the 1st wife is my town(village)...smh.... I will stop here... your ignorance though.....
the founder of your rumuokoro is Okoro which is a Pure IGBO NAME.. Chai. IGBOS ARE INDEED GREAT. Look at how confused you people are.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by gykes(m): 12:11am On Jan 06, 2016
Udmaster:
the founder of your rumuokoro is Okoro which is a Pure IGBO NAME.. Chai. IGBOS ARE INDEED GREAT. Look at how confused you people are.

Can you explain what you mean by Pure IGBO NAME? And when you say IGBO, you mean lost Jews, NRI, Akwaibom, aro, ngwa, which please?

There's your answer....... Hehehehehehehe

bigfrancis21:

How come Bini historical records have no history of this supposed Aka person or even the much-touted Ezechime? Matter of fact, what is your proof of this so-called Aka-Nri migration from Bini?

Are you aware that the 'uku' word in the Bini king's title, 'Omo n'oba akpolokpolo Uku' that means 'great' comes most likely from Igbo, meaning 'great' just as we have Igbo Ukwu, Issele Uku etc. in Igboland?

Are you aware that the Binis, Idomas and Igalas all use the Igbo 4 market days of Eke, Orie/Oye, Afor and Nkwo which are most likely as a result of Nri influence on the Binis, Igalas and Idomas?
Re: 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. by Udmaster(m): 12:14am On Jan 06, 2016
gykes:

Can you explain what you mean by Pure IGBO NAME? And when you say IGBO, you mean lost Jews, NRI, Akwaibom, aro, ngwa, which please?
don't change the topic.
- you said dat ur rumuokoro was founded by a man called Okoro.
Ladies and Gentlemen, why are ikwerres stealing from the IGBOS? what happened to their benin names, language since they migrated from their after 1970? LOL

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Turbaning Ceremony Of Hon Chibuike R Amaechi In Duara Kastina (Video & Photos) / Olubadan Of Ibadanland Lands In London In Style. Photos / Brazilian Man Eulogize Ifa And Masquerade In Yoruba . Photos & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.