Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Life In South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In South Africa (5044 Views)

SUV Carrying US Holiday Makers Plunges Into River In South Africa (Photos) / Life In The Usa As A Student. / Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life In South Africa by goodguy100(m): 7:20pm On Jun 15, 2009
For many years a lot of nigerians have been killed here and the south african police and the gov have not be doing any thing about this, what really pains me is the fact that a lot of my country men keep comeing here as if South Africa is the only place one can make it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In South Africa by shanda(m): 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2009
I'm just wondering why you have not left the country too.

2 Likes

Re: Life In South Africa by goodguy100(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2009
Been waiting for my P.R. once i got it i will call it a da y to ZA, with a south african P.R. It will be easy for me to get to any country i want. Hope u got me now?
Re: Life In South Africa by hadexman(m): 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2009
goodguy100:

For many years a lot of nigerians have been killed here and the south african police and the gov have not be doing any thing about this, what really pains me is the fact that a lot of my country men keep comeing here as if South Africa is the only place one can make it.

Hmmm, what a sad story, but do you know why they are killed? Lots of people from other countries are living here with no regret, i don't just know why Nigerians are so different, shocked embarassed
Re: Life In South Africa by johnkent(m): 4:29am On Jun 23, 2009
i dont think with ur SA P.R, u can easily get a US visa or visa to an EU country.
Re: Life In South Africa by goodguy100(m): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2009
Who told u that? A lot of our guys here have travel out once there P.R is out. As a matter of fact a friend of mine is now in one of EU countries after he got the P.R.
Re: Life In South Africa by Kx: 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2009
whats P.R.pls?
Re: Life In South Africa by goodguy100(m): 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2009
P.R. Is (Permanent Resident)
Re: Life In South Africa by Kx: 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2009
Gracias
Re: Life In South Africa by dustydee: 8:28am On Jun 24, 2009
what about visiting?is it ok to visit?I plan to visit and need a good and cheap hotel too, any suggestion?
Re: Life In South Africa by goodguy100(m): 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2009
Yes  u can visit, is a nice country to visit but u must keep away from joburg city is a very hot place and the crime rate there is nothing to talk about. U can also find nice hotel that u can pay as low as 150 south african rands thats about  3000 nigerian naira. Again  u must be careful of the ladies here once there got u is not easy to let go.
Re: Life In South Africa by RSA(m): 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2009
Yeah,life is sh@#4t in SA,Bad,bad country indeed.I don't even know what I want here grin oops I want P.R. grin
Re: Life In South Africa by dustydee: 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2009
thanks guys
Re: Life In South Africa by ogahimself(m): 1:10pm On Jun 25, 2009
9ja people is anyone goin to lagos soon from joburg??, pls drop a reply
Re: Life In South Africa by hadexman(m): 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2009
ogahimself:

9ja people is anyone goin to lagos soon from joburg??, pls drop a reply

Yep, a friend that came in 8days ago is going back home. He ran out of funds and need to return back to Lagos-Benin from Joburg on Sunday. What do you want?
Re: Life In South Africa by ogahimself(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2009
i've got a small package for my sis in lagos, lets chat i'm online
Re: Life In South Africa by biolabee(m): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2009
goodguy100:

Yes u can visit, is a nice country to visit but u must keep away from joburg city is a very hot place and the crime rate there is nothing to talk about. U can also find nice hotel that u can pay as low as 150 south african rands thats about 3000 nigerian naira. Again u must be careful of the ladies here once there got u is not easy to let go.

pls tell us more
Re: Life In South Africa by hadexman(m): 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2009
biolabee:

pls tell us more

Just be careful of where you stay, cape town, durban and pretoria is a nice and safe place to stay for new visitors.
Re: Life In South Africa by goodguy100(m): 12:27am On Jun 26, 2009
Even pretoria is not all that good cus the cops there can pick u in the street or even in your very room for nothing and been a Nigerian makes it worst. As a matter of fact all the towns here are not save, u can be killed in the street for nothing.  In  South Africa, 2 out of 6 girls here got HIV, is here i find out that HIV got 1,2,3. South african girls are good looking and the very one thing there hate here is to use comdons.
Re: Life In South Africa by hadexman(m): 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2009
goodguy100:

Even pretoria is not all that good cus the cops there can pick u in the street or even in your very room for nothing and been a Nigerian makes it worst. As a matter of fact all the towns here are not save, u can be killed in the street for nothing.  In  South Africa, 2 out of 6 girls here got HIV, is here i find out that HIV got 1,2,3. South african girls are good looking and the very one thing there hate here is to use comdons.

Guy,

Why are you saying bad about the country you living in? We all know about the HIV/AIDS thing and only a stupid person will not have a safe sex. People that get killed on the street of South Africa are for a reason, someone you don't know can't kill you without reason so i don't see that reasonable. I have some friends living here for almost 7years now with no bad experience
Re: Life In South Africa by 9ijaprince(m): 6:27am On Jun 27, 2009
Pls what a the basic requirements to travel to south africa as a tourist?
Re: Life In South Africa by ogahimself(m): 7:50am On Jun 27, 2009
u jus nid a visa whic could be easily arranged and enough money to be able to have a nice time, i'll advice u stay in a nice neighbourhood whic is more expensive but safer if u are travellin alone,
Re: Life In South Africa by 74gabriel: 8:48am On Jun 27, 2009
Can anybody assist me with a south africa visa?
please contact me at gabriel_shasanya@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Life In South Africa by hadexman(m): 8:51am On Jun 27, 2009
74gabriel:

Can anybody assist me with a south africa visa?
please contact me at gabriel_shasanya@yahoo.com
Thanks

How soon do you need it? I have a friend working with the Nigerian Immigration in Ibadan who can assist you. The visa will be ready in 3weeks.
Re: Life In South Africa by 74gabriel: 8:59am On Jun 27, 2009
@ hadexman

Thanks. I need it ASAP- as soon as possible.How do i get in contact with this ur contact here?
Please make me a mail at gariel_shasanya@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Life In South Africa by hadexman(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2009
74gabriel:

@ hadexman

Thanks. I need it ASAP- as soon as possible.How do i get in contact with this ur contact here?
Please make me a mail at gariel_shasanya@yahoo.com
Thanks

They charge 150K, call Femi on +2348074436984, tell him from Emmanuel in SA. Good luck
Re: Life In South Africa by biolabee(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2009
hadexman:

Just be careful of where you stay, cape town, durban and pretoria is a nice and safe place to stay for new visitors.

thanks for d response, u did not say anything abt joburg
some of my friends want to pop in next yr for the world cup opening match, or is joburg a no no?
Re: Life In South Africa by mzansigirl(f): 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2009
@ biolabee

jhb is unsafe for nigerians hustling in hillbrow but as a tourist u can book hotel in decent parts of town (randburg, eastgate etc). of course u still have to guard your belongings as petty criminals are everywhere, i hope u do come for the world cup. Hadexman is right, many nigerians do live pretty well in SA, and not every south african is xenophobic. smiley smiley
Re: Life In South Africa by ogahimself(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2009
Re: Life In South Africa by hadexman(m): 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2009
biolabee:

thanks for d response, u did not say anything abt joburg
some of my friends want to pop in next yr for the world cup opening match, or is joburg a no no?

Where in SA do you stay?
Re: Life In South Africa by hadexman(m): 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2009
mzansigirl:

@ biolabee

jhb is unsafe for nigerians hustling in hillbrow but as a tourist u can book hotel in decent parts of town (randburg, eastgate etc). of course u still have to guard your belongings as petty criminals are everywhere, i hope u do come for the world cup. Hadexman is right, many nigerians do live pretty well in SA, and not every south african is xenophobic. smiley smiley

Sorry i was referring to you,
Re: Life In South Africa by goodguy100(m): 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2009
@mzansigirl? JHB is not just unsafe for Nigerians but all, do u remeber last year how a south african woman and her baby was killed by some bad guys in the street of joburg in day time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Live Traffic Report! / Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth / Moving To Botswana.but Need First Hand Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.