Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. (28909 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by MrChilaka(m): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2016
Excuzeme:
There are two groups:

1.) Those like me, who have a Tinted Vehicle and have gotten a Tint-Permit before.

2.) Those who have a Tinted Vehicle and are just getting a Tint-permit NOW (That is, they dont have one before).

For case 1, it is FREE. You are only submitting original "Paper permit" and your Details, for Capturing on the database. New E-Permit is then issued

For case 2, it is not free as you would need to obtain a Tint permit (and pay for it) but it will be done/captured electronically.

When l do mine, l will come back and give a shout

You are correct...

[size=13pt]To those in group 1 and still use the car with the previous tint permit they would only need a REVALIDATION charge is N5,000 application is freeat Plateau State Police State CID

To those in group 2 like me who are doing a fresh tint permit for my car would need a fresh e-registration charged at N10,000 application is free at same Plateau State CID
[/size]

melford244:
Benue State..... when u Visit Jos command plz kindly share ur. experience with the house.

[size=13pt][s]I have taken the necessary picture of my Car (Front and Back-showing license plate number as well as LHS and RHS)[/s] and done photocopy of my vehicle papers.

Would be at the Plateau State CID tomorow[/size]

*** UPDATE ****

[size=13pt]There are still a few good men in this country. Note all areas struck out are not need for the e-application or revalidation of vehicle tint permit. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by MrChilaka(m): 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
MrChilaka:

You are correct...

[size=13pt]To those in group 1 and still use the car with the previous tint permit they would only need a REVALIDATION charge is N5,000 application is freeat Plateau State Police State CID

To those in group 2 like me who are doing a fresh tint permit for my car would need a fresh e-registration charged at N10,000 application is free at same Plateau State CID
[/size]

[size=13pt][s]I have taken the necessary picture of my Car (Front and Back-showing license plate number as well as LHS and RHS)[/s] and done photocopy of my vehicle papers.

Would be at the Plateau State CID tomorow[/size]

*** UPDATE ****

[size=13pt]There are still a few good men in this country. Note all areas struck out are not need for the e-application or revalidation of vehicle tint permit. [/size]

[size=13pt]
This is what you need to know

1. Go online and begin the process by filling your details and that of the vehicle, NB: Ensure you have a vaild registration with the FRSC as that would be verified from the FRSC portal by the Police Officer incharge
2. Go to the Police HQ in your respective state and ask for the SIB office
3. At the SIB Office you indicate if you are doing a fresh application or revalidation
4. For Revalidation or Fresh application as the case may apply, tender the printout of your e-application
5. The officer after verifying your vehicles registration online would as for you to be captured
6. The officer would then ask for your phone number so as to contact you soon as approval has been granted your application

The above was how my application went.

NB: Even if you bought a car with the tint permit in the previous owners name, the revalidation when approved would bear you name. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by earthrealm(m): 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
did mine in benin city, free, no mention of money was made.
was told to come collect it in 1wks time...
hurraah, nigeria will b gr8 again.
its good they r doing it for free, unlike b4 where price ranged from 10k to 20k

2 Likes

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by melford244: 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
Please what is the full meaning of SIB
I think some states police HQ r yet to be brief on the recent Tint Permit re-validation process especially in Makurdi HQ.

Most states don't Have machines for capture..
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by TheAdvocate(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
melford244:
Please what is the full meaning of SIB
I think some states police HQ r yet to be brief on the recent Tint Permit re-validation process especially in Makurdi HQ.

Most states don't Have machines for capture..

SIB is State Investigation Bureau a department of State police headquarters
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by DaV8King(m): 8:45am On Feb 01, 2016
diportivo:
Police also wants biometrics angry

International passport.....biometrics

Drivers license..................biometrics

National ID card................biometrics

Telecoms..........................biometrics

pvc.....................................biometrics

Bvn....................................biometrics

And the list goes on and on....smh

undecided

A lack of integration. Summary of our lives in Nigeria. Integrate all these and into one and we would have probably the most comprehensive and complete biometric database seen anywhere except the G7 countries.

Just like if we integrate and harness our skills TOGETHER as a people, Nigeria would be unstoppable! God has decreed it, WE the people need to do the needful to make it so. After all, heaven helps those who help themselves grin

2 Likes

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
Please. For those of you in Lagos where is one exactly supposed to go to. I have gotten the printout already.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by biggiyke(m): 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
finn:
Please. For those of you in Lagos where is one exactly supposed to go to. I have gotten the printout already.
after uploading and printing my application, I went to the lagos state police command, off archbishop vining church, oba akinjobi street, ikeja.
took me less than 15mins to complete the biometrics. mind you, the officer-in-charge will ask you to pay a minimum of 2k for the service.
takes 2weeks to process, mine has been ready since Wednesday, but Im yet to go pick it up.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by spicytayomic(m): 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
biggiyke:

after uploading and printing my application, I went to the lagos state police command, off archbishop vining church, oba akinjobi street, ikeja.
took me less than 15mins to complete the biometrics. mind you, the officer-in-charge will ask you to pay a minimum of 2k for the service.
takes 2weeks to process, mine has been ready since Wednesday, but Im yet to go pick it up.

Can you pls share the exact office to go to or ask wen one get there
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by MrChilaka(m): 8:25am On Feb 13, 2016
biggiyke:

[size=13pt]Oh really Urs is ready?

He guy at Plateau state HQ SIB unit says; since the process started, non of the application he has done is yet to be approved but all data has been submitted. [/size]
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by biggiyke(m): 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
MrChilaka:

[size=13pt]Oh really Urs is ready?

He guy at Plateau state HQ SIB unit says; since the process started, non of the application he has done is yet to be approved but all data has been submitted. [/size]

if you log on with your ID, u will see your status as either AWAITING APPROVAL or APPROVED.
if APPROVED, just go back to your point of submission and the guy will print the permit. of course, with a little token of appreciation.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by lastpage: 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
biggiyke:

if you log on with your ID, u will see your status as either AWAITING APPROVAL or APPROVED.
if APPROVED, just go back to your point of submission and the guy will print the permit. of course, with a little token of appreciation.

Is that TOKEN demanded from you as in the usual "Oga give us money if you want us to follow you to go and catch the thief who broke your windows" ....... or it is YOU, after concluding that the "Officer did a nice, courteous and efficient job", you say: Officer, take this to buy a cold drink for yourself?

For one thing, l hate it when Police officers demand money from me, for something which is FREE!
I would probably go there armed with a "secret" recording video camera and if he refuses to give me my Permit, l will leave the Permit with him but he should expect to see himself on "all Social media" and especially the Police Facebook page.

I hope he wont then complain that l made him loose his job or something like that.
I hate extortion seriously!..... but l am generally, generous person by nature

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by BushDoctor123: 11:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
earthrealm:
some1 said he has done his in edo state.
captured his biometrics...and told his permit will b out in a few days
Was it done free?
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by biggiyke(m): 10:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
good news, i just picked up my tinted permit today.
the crowd is growing by the day, so happy i dont have to pass through this ish.
my friend spent 6 hours to get captured yesterday.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2016
I was in Owerri, Imo state on Friday to do business. Since i was in close proximity to the Imo State command of the Nigerian police, i went in to get the new tinted permit for my car. Guess what?? The police man in charge asked me to pay N15,000 for it. I told him it is free and he laughed, saying that the free announced was just in the media. I had to walk away, as i don't have a farm where i harvest money.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by biggiyke(m): 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
angelinvestor:
I was in Owerri, Imo state on Friday to do business. Since i was in close proximity to the Imo State command of the Nigerian police, i went in to get the new tinted permit for my car. Guess what?? The police man in charge asked me to pay N15,000 for it. I told him it is free and he laughed, saying that the free announced was just in the media. I had to walk away, as i don't have a farm where i harvest money.

im quite sure he was referring to the old permit. most police personnel dont even know about the new permit.
but wait till march 18, they will be the first to mount road blocks.

on the other hand too, i aint surprised, in the SE and SS, we always make things difficult for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
biggiyke:

im quite sure he was referring to the old permit. most police personnel dont even know about the new permit.
but wait till march 18, they will be the first to mount road blocks.

on the other hand too, i aint surprised, in the SE and SS, we always make things difficult for ourselves.
He wasn't talking about the old permit, because i had a copy of the e-print out. All the requirements were for the new tinted permit, we even talked about the biometric capture and photo shots of all my vehicle angles. I just don't know what to say or think.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Sunsplash: 6:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
Pls have anyone done he/her own in Lagos, if yes hw does it goes nd pls will appreciate to know hw.
Thanks.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by obitryce(m): 10:52am On Mar 01, 2016
Please @ earthrealm or anyone that has done the tinted permit revalidation at benin, should please furnish me & those around benin with the necessary details on how to go about the process in benin cuz i intend going there from warri this week to do mine. Your quick response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by ichakaobos(m): 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hi Guys. While updating my profile, l got to a column with NIMC. Pls what is the meaning? Also could someone give the precise way or info on how to go about filling the form and completing the process. Thanks.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by obitryce(m): 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
NIMC - Your National Identification Number
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by ichakaobos(m): 9:58am On Mar 04, 2016
Is the nimc same with the old national I.d card?
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by earthrealm(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
obitryce:
Please @ earthrealm or anyone that has done the tinted permit revalidation at benin, should please furnish me & those around benin with the necessary details on how to go about the process in benin cuz i intend going there from warri this week to do mine. Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

take pictures of ur car on ur fone, showing the tint. plate nos etc...they might want to sight it.
go with the old tint permit, drivers license.

the sib office in benin is off sapele rd..just by the nnpc mega statn jxn.....go along that rd....the 2nd to the last police gate u will see, thats the place...enter and ask for directions to the tinted permit section

leave the nimc blank if you dont hv...it aint critical
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by obitryce(m): 9:55am On Mar 05, 2016
@Earthrealm thanks for the info but please clarify if its possible to have a lagos/any other state registered vehicle tinted permit processed there in benin. Had some funny information from ph command about vehicles not registered in Rivers State.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by obitryce(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2016
@Earthrealm thanks for the info but could you confirm if vehicles registered in other states can have their tinted permit processed in benin cuz i've heard some funny stories from ph command about people finding it difficult to process their permit due to their vehicle not being registered in ph.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by earthrealm(m): 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
obitryce:
@Earthrealm thanks for the info but could you confirm if vehicles registered in other states can have their tinted permit processed in benin cuz i've heard some funny stories from ph command about people finding it difficult to process their permit due to their vehicle not being registered in ph.

guess they are just being difficult.....my cars are lagos state registered, and i know abj n other states cars that siled tru...no worries
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by conyema12(m): 5:01am On Mar 06, 2016
Was told to bring 15k in owerri. NPF is the number 1 corrupt agency in naija
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 06, 2016
conyema12:
Was told to bring 15k in owerri. NPF is the number 1 corrupt agency in naija
When i said it here, people thought i was joking.
angelinvestor:
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Henchnwa: 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
What of those that has old one.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by melford244: 7:00am On Mar 07, 2016
Is like the only functioning police command with Biometric machine r listed below; Lagos command, abuja, Ph and Benin command.
Other states police command are not ready for this exercise.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by EOA1: 1:30pm On Mar 07, 2016
All,

How soon did you receive your Application ID required to progress your Tinted Glass permit Registration on the NPF portal? I have filled in my details since last Friday and yet to receive the registration ID.

Regards.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by earthrealm(m): 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
EOA1:
All,

How soon did you receive your Application ID required to progress your Tinted Glass permit Registration on the NPF portal? I have filled in my details since last Friday and yet to receive the registration ID.

Regards.

LOOK WELL THE NOS COMES UP IMMEDIATELY YOU REGISTER, LOOK AT THE LOWER RIGHT SIDE THE LETTERS WRITTEN IN RED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What The Warning Symbols Flashing On Your Car's Dashboard Is Trying To Tell You / Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) / Car Plunges Into Canal In Ikorodu – See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.