Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Welcome To Akure City (pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Akure City (pictures) (67476 Views)

Passengers Involved In Accident On Their Way To Akure (pics) / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) / Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by DiademSh07: 11:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
southniyikaye:
if God bless u my broda,mimiko is the worst that ever happened to Akure
Abeg comot joor!
Let's see better thing!
Yeye!

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 12, 2016
DiademSh07:

Abeg comot joor!
Let's see better thing!
Yeye!
he be like day craze dey worry you!
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 12, 2016
DiademSh07:

Abeg comot joor!
Let's see better thing!
Yeye!
he be like say craze dey worry you!
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by peterbello(m): 12:06am On Jan 12, 2016
funmijoyb:
keep quoting me but i insist that Ado-ekiti looks way better than Akure in terms of beauty.

My ranking goes:
1.Lagos
2.Ilorin
3.parts of Ibadan
4.Ado-ekiti
5.Akure
6. Abeokuta
7.Osogbo
8.Benin

have been to all d above

I'll believe your Ado and Akure comparisons ONLY if you add that you were drunk when you passed through the towns. Your case is that of: Beauty is in the eyes of the Beerholder.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by DiademSh07: 12:16am On Jan 12, 2016
Niyinficient:

You dey mind am! I grew up in Akure, I know every nook and cranny of d city!

People don't relatively make logical comparison, dey forgot dat Ado has nice places too.

All the pics here are just from alagbaka. Make OP enter isolo, oke-ijebu, infact dose places too far, make him just turn him camera small to d right, 'ijanikin' street dey dia! Make we see better places grin
Arakale is lovely too.
What you keep forgetting is the whole organisation of Akure! The markets in majority of the areas in Akure has standard modern structures with a unique orderliness! Also, the federal schools apart from the ultra-modern mega school were all renovated and painted!
All these aforementioned things are what makes Akure looks nice, apart from Alagbaka area!
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by richling77(m): 12:43am On Jan 12, 2016
I just left the city on Sunday after finishing a project at the shoprite, Akure mall. Check dreamcentre restaurant for my work piece if you reside there.
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Sigo86(m): 12:44am On Jan 12, 2016
funmijoyb:
keep quoting me but i insist that Ado-ekiti looks way better than Akure in terms of beauty.

My ranking goes:
1.Lagos
2.Ilorin
3.parts of Ibadan
4.Ado-ekiti
5.Akure
6. Abeokuta
7.Osogbo
8.Benin

have been to all d above

Says who

Am from Ekiti state bt 80% of houses in Ado-Ekiti has no toilet.. There're lots of development 2b done rite dere.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by megafone: 12:46am On Jan 12, 2016
Fayose village? Na na no no
funmijoyb:

My ranking goes:
1.Lagos
2.Ilorin
3.parts of Ibadan
4.Ado-ekiti
5.Akure
6. Abeokuta
7.Osogbo
8.Benin

have been to all d above
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by coldasice11(m): 12:54am On Jan 12, 2016
funmijoyb:

My ranking goes:
1.Lagos
2.Ilorin
3.parts of Ibadan
4.Ado-ekiti
5.Akure
6. Abeokuta
7.Osogbo
8.Benin

have been to all d above
My dear don't compare the two towns, Akure is bigger and way modernised compared to Ado-ekiti. I live in Akure (oba-ile) and my job allows me cover the two towns. The OP didn't place the pix of the new Akure mall area that houses shoprite, filmhouse etc...

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by mbz101(m): 2:01am On Jan 12, 2016
Am enjoying my stay here presently .. Jst looking for business to do . Very peaceful place to live with cool environment .
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Trinxzy(m): 6:04am On Jan 12, 2016
Akure beautiful? The op must be living in ondo state
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Hibiscuss(m): 6:18am On Jan 12, 2016
funmijoyb:

My ranking goes:
1.Lagos
2.Ilorin
3.parts of Ibadan
4.Ado-ekiti
5.Akure
6. Abeokuta
7.Osogbo
8.Benin

have been to all d above

You must be a joker.
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Hibiscuss(m): 6:22am On Jan 12, 2016
tpiah2:

nobody asked you sweetie.

you talk too much, not nice.

I want to believe there is a fan inside your room. Come collect money and get yourself a rope.
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 12, 2016
Alki:

Go Ask About Ogiso Era in Benin,
Ogiso Owodo Had only one son that's Oduduwa, there was a plan to kill him b4 he escaped and came to Ife, Buh when Owodo died, Benin wanted d direct heir and not someone else, that's y dey sent for Oduduwa, and he it turn sent Oromiyan,
http://www.edofolks.com/html/osahon_ogiso_dynasty.htm
That's a lie written by d Edos..Lamurudu is d father of oduduwa.
How can oduduwa sent unknown prince to edo to be ogiso?
Even if they did, why did they change to yorubas monarch style of kingship? I wish i can see u in person and prove u wrong.
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by ib4babes(m): 8:09am On Jan 12, 2016
How did you get this Dome pix becuase its still under construction. Abi Na animated pix be this?

ote author=DiademSh07 post=41696280]The Dome (international event centre).[/quote]
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 12, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

That's a lie written by d Edos..Lamurudu is d father of oduduwa.
How can oduduwa sent unknown prince to edo to be ogiso?
Even if they did, why did they change to yorubas monarch style of kingship? I wish i can see u in person and prove u wrong.
Yepa was lamurudu also a king?
Oduduwa is d son to d last Ogiso
y are benin running hereditary instead of family to family Like d Yoruba's?
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Koolwilly(m): 10:27am On Jan 12, 2016
funmijoyb:
That's not true.
You can't compare Akure to Ado-Ekiti.
I'll still rate Oshogbo above Ado.
IMO
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by temmym4(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2016
funmijoyb:

My ranking goes:
1.Lagos
2.Ilorin
3.parts of Ibadan
4.Ado-ekiti
5.Akure
6. Abeokuta
7.Osogbo
8.Benin

have been to all d above

Ado Ekiti is more beautiful than Akure? Joke of the day! When was the last time u travelled to those states?
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by tpiah2: 12:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hibiscuss:

I want to believe there is a fan inside my room. Come collect money and get myself a rope.

Crass.
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by tpiah2: 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hibiscuss:

I am a sicko

Get off the thread.
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
Alki:

Yepa was lamurudu also a king?
Oduduwa is d son to d last Ogiso
y are benin running hereditary instead of family to family Like d Yoruba's?
Who told u binis r running hereditary? Let an edo person tell me that.
You cannot change history of more than 1000yrs within 5yrs bro.
grin
I'm still on d view dat
Yoruba founded binis but d edo want to erase these historical evidences.
Why are bini kings burried in Ife?
Why do edo bears yoruba name?
D yoruba style of monarchy used uptill now nko?
Why u practice yoruba traditional religions?
Why is benin a yoruba word?
Simply tell u uoruba founded Edos.

Lamurudu was a prince according to the question you asked.
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by jstbeinhonest(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
WIZGUY69:

Ado isn't even better than Oshogbo!

Ado is the least developed state capital in SW.

For me, Akure is the third most developed state capital in SW after Lagos & Ibadan.

Abeokuta?
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by waveskaaya(m): 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
akure is fuckkking boring.just for civil servants and so local.all they tell is come to ijapo,alagbaka and oba ile.ado is far beta and lively.
Goke7:
Akure is one of the most liveable cities in Nigeria
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by waveskaaya(m): 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
not beautiful compared to akure but ado is lively
temmym4:

Ado Ekiti is more beautiful than Akure? Joke of the day! When was the last time u travelled to those states?
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Hydronium(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
tpiah2:

nobody asked you sweetie.

you talk too much, not nice.

grin kiss
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

Who told u binis r running hereditary? Let an edo person tell me that.
You cannot change history of more than 1000yrs within 5yrs bro.
grin
I'm still on d view dat
Yoruba founded binis but d edo want to erase these historical evidences.
Why are bini kings burried in Ife?
Why do edo bears yoruba name?
D yoruba style of monarchy used uptill now nko?
Why u practice yoruba traditional religions?
Why is benin a yoruba word?
Simply tell u uoruba founded Edos.

Lamurudu was a prince according to the question you asked.

Ha I Yaf Die
Benin King Can never be buried in Ife, that's a Joker statement ..
And Benin Runs Hereditary system,ask anybody he would tell u that.
Even as at when d white came benin was as strong as f**k, unlike d West already captured if.
Benin King those not even have check and balance system self,no Ogboni, Oyemesi and others..
Benin Oba is Supreme.
There is a great diff between d ethnic groups.
Would still ask you again
"How Did d Binis Communicate With Oduduwa when they came to Ife"
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by samco19: 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
PASCALSILVA:
:..i dnt doupt that.. but there is one they re good at especialy ikale and ilaje people even some pure yoruba there.... They re really wicked..they dont like to see others progress especially igbo's.. Quote me wrong with true talk
u abi I sight u na u cum dey say my ikale no gud abi mak I reach opa u go see
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by teesmarth(m): 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
As for me. Akure is next after lagos & indeed parts of ibadan, cos ibadan is too big to conclude randomly. The good to bad parts is like 35% - 65%. Truly abeokuta now has road networks dan akure but dat dosnt judge it all. In terms of all round development, neatness, co-ordination, beauty & urbanization akure is way far up & better dan abeokuta. I currently serve in abeokuta tho. And as for osogbo and ado-ekiti. draw-draw. Lol
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Hibiscuss(m): 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2016
tpiah2:

I am Stewpid.

Fixed.
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by Hibiscuss(m): 6:02pm On Jan 13, 2016
waveskaaya:
ado is fuckkking boring.just for civil servants and so local.all they tell is come to housing, GRA and Adebayo. Akure is far beta and lively.

You ve said it all.
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by tpiaobsession: 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hibiscuss:

I am an idiot
Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by tolababa(m): 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
DiademSh07:

I disagree!
Akure only became the capital of Ondo state as at 1996! Before then, Ado Ekiti was the capital of Ondo state and all our infrastructures and projects were built there until the town was carved along with Ekiti to become an independence state!
Ever since then, Akure which became the capital after the incidence was just the same while the administration made no effort to develop the place other than the government house and the federal secretariat.
The likes of Agagu faced his Okitipupa while doing nothing in the whole state! Adefarati was the same too! All he did was to face his Akoko land where he was able to entice the state and federal government into building the state university and Nysc camp in Akoko land! he did employ people though but with no consistent payment of salary.
Only Mimiko led administration has really done something to refurbish not only the state capital but several Lga. Every lga for example has modern market structures that has toilets and bathrooms, every Lga also have Mega government school with modern facilities (standby Gen, Swimming pools, Computer lab, AC and Fan) and at least 2-3 free luxury School buses per each LGA, Mother and Child hospital in several lga etc! Have you forgotten when he was demolishing several slums and houses that blocked roads in Akure?
There was no Lga he didn't touch! Although, we could say Akure and Ondo towns really felt more of his presence than other lga (e.g dual roads, medical school, medical village and hospital, the Dome, shoprite etc) but one thing is certain, all the lga felt Mimiko's work.
The only problem in his administration is the shortage of power and impromptly payment of the worker's salary! The shortage of power already had his attention with the newly constructed 1000MW power plant in Omotosho (still in progress)!
Mimiko really tried! I just pray the next administration (whether PDP/APC) will continue the good work!

I disagree with you too
Mother n child hospital in every local govt area?? We have just 3mother n child hospital
Omotoso power plan is only 45MW
When last did people sell their wares in Ikare, ljare and Oba market
Though Mimiko tried his bit just like his predecessors. Adefarati employed more people than Agagu n Mimiko combined together
Agagu started most of the dualisation road in Akure and he even did internal Street road, Agagu borehole nko?
So bro it is a collective effort of the past leaders so stop decieving people
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / Where The Original Indigenes Of Abuja Now Live (pics, Video) / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.