Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. (3562 Views)

Ibo, Hausa And Yoruba Are Not Indegenous Africans / Beautiful Hausa / Fulani / Kanuri Brides / To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. by NakedEve: 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2016

irrelevant. besides, with the hateful things i've said on this forum, anonymity is of utmost importance.

Now u r no body?
Re: Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. by MetaPhysical: 6:16am On Jan 09, 2016
absolutesuccess,
I appreciate your input.

I am not reconstructing anyone's history. It is imoossible to accomplish such feat from a mere online writing unsecured by a scholarship or peer sponsorship.

I am researching deep into Yoruba history and arrived at a point where it branched off into other cultures. I took note of that, not even intending to introduce it here at all. I have had this infornation since June 2015. If it was my intention to shape anyone's view I would long ago have opened thread to narrate my discovery. Between June 2015 and January 2016 I have seen you mentioned "Ebora" several times, I would have since taken liberty to mention that the Hausa spiritual "Bori" is an equivalent. I would have shared that Yoruba's "Arokin" has "Maroka" as the Hausa equivalent. These and many many more parallels between the two and none of these equivalents have anything whatsover to do with influence from Islam. I kept my mouth shut because I am not Hausa, my focus is on Yoruba. However, there is nothing too hard to comprehend on the structure and heirarchy of Hausa traditions. What brought about this thread was I saw another thread in which Yoruba and Hausa were going back and forth on who was noble and who was not. I only meant to correct the misperception. However, given the bad and arrogant attitude of the opponent Ive decided to do a more elaborate and broad narrative on Hausa beginning. The opponent has no capacity to stop it. He can make noise to his satisfaction, which I will ignore.
Re: Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. by absoluteSuccess: 7:15am On Jan 09, 2016
MetaPhysical:
absolutesuccess,
I appreciate your input.

I am not reconstructing anyone's history. It is imoossible to accomplish such feat from a mere online writing unsecured by a scholarship or peer sponsorship.

I am researching deep into Yoruba history and arrived at a point where it branched off into other cultures. I took note of that, not even intending to introduce it here at all. I have had this infornation since June 2015. If it was my intention to shape anyone's view I would long ago have opened thread to narrate my discovery. Between June 2015 and January 2016 I have seen you mentioned "Ebora" several times, I would have since taken liberty to mention that the Hausa spiritual "Bori" is an equivalent. I would have shared that Yoruba's "Arokin" has "Maroka" as the Hausa equivalent. These and many many more parallels between the two and none of these equivalents have anything whatsover to do with influence from Islam. I kept my mouth shut because I am not Hausa, my focus is on Yoruba. However, there is nothing too hard to comprehend on the structure and heirarchy of Hausa traditions. What brought about this thread was I saw another thread in which Yoruba and Hausa were going back and forth on who was noble and who was not. I only meant to correct the misperception. However, given the bad and arrogant attitude of the opponent Ive decided to do a more elaborate and broad narrative on Hausa beginning. The opponent has no capacity to stop it. He can make noise to his satisfaction, which I will ignore.

I trust your intelligence metaphysical, but every now and then we must disagree to agree. it's healthy.

We need check and balance here and there cause history is public material. We also need to promote native icons,

Lest, the good argument in favour of migration turns to 'inferiority complex proper', where we can't tell a story without finding a match.

As a researcher, you can't afford to sound farfetched in place of hard fact to bring about a link of brotherhood. You need an agreeable 'missing link'.

One of such farfetched hypothesis is to idealize Lamurudu on the Hausa people. It is a good name, granted. But it is to Yoruba history class.

Whatever the man did to be so great? Let's extol his virtue and recognise this landmark once and for all, and take lessons.

Then let's explore other heroic names of indegenous icons and how that point to our history.

Make it happen.
Re: Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 09, 2016
MetaPhysical:
absolutesuccess,
I appreciate your input.

True!!

I am researching deep into Yoruba history and arrived at a point where it branched off into other cultures. I took note of that, not even intending to introduce it here at all. I have had this infornation since June 2015. If it was my intention to shape anyone's view I would long ago have opened thread to narrate my discovery.
Good for you. it makes me happy to see africans interested in their history.

Between June 2015 and January 2016 I have seen you mentioned "Ebora" several times, I would have since taken liberty to mention that the Hausa spiritual "Bori" is an equivalent.
can you just leave this? do you have any idea how stuupid this makes you look. BORI is a religion practiced and based mainly about spirits inhabiting the human body. how on earth does it have anything to do with what i understand are three sons of oduduwa?

I would have shared that Yoruba's "Arokin" has "Maroka" as the Hausa equivalent. These and many many more parallels between the two and none of these equivalents have anything whatsover to do with influence from Islam.
maroka is hausa means beggar, arokin in yoruba means chronicler or something like that. just because the words are a little similar two ethnicities are the same now? there are no two languages that if compared dont have similar words and sometimes the same meaning. in
this case, not only do they have different meanings, they sound completely different.

I kept my mouth shut because I am not Hausa, my focus is on Yoruba. However, there is nothing too hard to comprehend on the structure and heirarchy of Hausa traditions.

you kept your mouth shut because deep down you know this is bollocks! and yes, our structure and hierarchy is easy to understand. Thank you.

What brought about this thread was I saw another thread in which Yoruba and Hausa were going back and forth on who was noble and who was not. I only meant to correct the misperception. However, given the bad and arrogant attitude of the opponent Ive decided to do a more elaborate and broad narrative on Hausa beginning. The opponent has no capacity to stop it. He can make noise to his satisfaction, which I will ignore.
yes, my actions on the said thread were a bit embarrassing i must admit, but i must say that i started off as a mediator and voice of reason before your brothers poured fuel into the fire, and i a apologize for the actions that followed.

but please, this is ridiculous, you need to stop this madness. i dont need to stop anything because your theory was DOA and its not going anywhere.
Re: Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 09, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

I trust your intelligence metaphysical, but every now and then we must disagree to agree. it's healthy.

We need check and balance here and there cause history is public material. We also need to promote native icons,

Lest, the good argument in favour of migration turns to 'inferiority complex proper', where we can't tell a story without finding a match.

As a researcher, you can't afford to sound petty in face of fact to bring about a link of brotherhood. You need an agreeable missing link.

One of such is to idealize Lamurudu on the Hausa people. It is a good name, granted but it is to Yoruba.

Whatever the man did to be so great? Let's recognise this landmark once and for all, and take lessons.

Then let's explore other heroic names of indegenous icons and how that point to our history.

Make it happen.

i appreciate you being the voice of reason to some extent on these topics, thank you.
Re: Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. by absoluteSuccess: 7:45am On Jan 09, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

i appreciate you being the voice of reason to some extent on these topics, thank you.

Welcome back.

Everyone simply have an angle. Be patience and you will not need to delete often and often.

Also, forgive yourself when you get emotional and say things and later apologize, everyone does that.

Staying on a Monica will help you to maintain patience,

And it's worth something if it's the only thing you take away from here.
Re: Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. by MetaPhysical: 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

As a researcher, you can't afford to sound farfetched in place of hard fact to bring about a link of brotherhood. You need an agreeable 'missing link'.

One of such farfetched hypothesis is to idealize Lamurudu on the Hausa people. It is a good name, granted. But it is to Yoruba history class.

Whatever the man did to be so great? Let's extol his virtue and recognise this landmark once and for all, and take lessons.

Make it happen.

grin grin

I remember making similar plea and so out of respect for you I will let it bounce.

By the way, some of what is recorded by history for Kings names are actually labels for extolling their might.
Example, Sargon and Marduk. In times past in Yoruba household a male child named after the head of the household, the father, is called by an attribute of physical appeal. It is considered disrespectful to call him by given name. The same is extended to female child by wives that came in the household behind her mother.

We will talk more about this in the other thread when I retutn next week.

Enjoy weekend!
Re: Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. by absoluteSuccess: 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2016
MetaPhysical:

grin grin

I remember making similar plea and so out of respect for you I will let it bounce.

By the way, some of what is recorded by history for Kings names are actually labels for extolling their might.
Example, Sargon and Marduk. In times past in Yoruba household a male child named after the head of the household, the father, is called by an attribute of physical appeal. It is considered disrespectful to call him by given name. The same is extended to female child by wives that came in the household behind her mother.

We will talk more about this in the other thread when I retutn next week.

Enjoy weekend!

LOL,

What goes around comes around!!

the Gog and Magog thread is a good one, Ogori Magogo.

You start to wonder, what mystery explain such names?

Since that thread, Ogori Magogo has kept ringing on my mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Secret Ogboni Fraternity Membership Form In 1955 (photo) / People Of Africa Who Have Made A "Difference" (+ inner beauty) / Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.