Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) (19313 Views)

Policemen Disappointed As Thief Escapes Through Gutter After Hot Pursuit. Photos / The Lady Who Raised Alarm That Made Residents Lynch Ghanaian Soldier To Death / Police Rescue 2 Suspected Kidnappers From A Lynch Mob In Abia State (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by sugarbelly3: 5:37am On Jan 06, 2016
A suspected fuel thief on Monday escaped being lynched by an angry mob in Port Harcourt after he threatened to kill a teenager who caught him in the act.

The suspect, who identified himself as Kenneth Eze, had warned the teenager not to raise the alarm or risk being killed.

It was gathered that Eze had stolen the fuel from the Udi taxi park where a black marketer usually sold premium motor spirit (petrol) to commercial drivers.

The 17-year-old boy, who saw him from afar, had walked up to the fuel thief and asked him to take the loot back to the owner.

Rather than listen to the boy’s advice, Eze threatened that he was a member of a deadly cult group that would come after the teenager should anything happen to him (the suspect).

Not frightened by the suspect’s subtle and silent intimidation, the boy raised the alarm and a crowd gathered. The boy pointed at the 50 litres of petrol and accused Eze of stealing the item from the nearby taxi park.

“The man (Eze) thought he could intimidate me by saying he was a member of a deadly cult group. I noticed he was not armed and I decided to raise the alarm,” the boy, who would not mention his name, told Southern City News.

The mob pounced on Eze, even as he pleaded for mercy, promising to turn a new leaf.

Not moved by his plea, the mob attempted to set fire to the suspect but he fled from Udi Street in Mile One, Diobu, where he was caught to Ikwerre Road.

Earlier, the suspect had told Southern City News he actually attempted to steal the fuel, but added that it was his first time to be involved in such an act.

“I am a driver and I have never stolen before. I wanted to take the keg of fuel away, but had to hide by the side of a car there when I saw the police coming. It was temptation and this is my first time of involving in this. If I lie, may I never see tomorrow,” the suspect swore.

The owner of the stolen fuel later took away his property and thanked the boy for being smart enough to stop the thief.

Speaking with Southern City News, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ahmad Mohammad, warned against anybody taking the law into his hands.

Mohammad advised members of the public to always invite the police when they apprehend a suspect, adding that beating a suspect without taking him to the police station was against the law.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/fuel-thief-escapes-from-lynch-mob/

lalasticlala, ishilove

1 Like

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by sugarbelly3: 5:37am On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by zinachidi(m): 5:39am On Jan 06, 2016
na dis kind man dey cult? Lol no wonder the boy wasn't even scared...

28 Likes

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by brunofarad(m): 5:40am On Jan 06, 2016
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

Laughing in swahili

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by olumide81(m): 5:57am On Jan 06, 2016
he should thank his stars, he wouldn't have seen tomorrow as he said.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by Gracito(f): 6:27am On Jan 06, 2016
So na dis man dey d Cult sef? Rotfl, oga, kponKpi. Meanwhile, the boy"s Courage is laudable

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by donholy28(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2016
That young boy and d thief both of them get luck
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by Burger01(m): 7:07am On Jan 06, 2016
Thank your star thief. smiley
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by miqos02(m): 9:04am On Jan 06, 2016
goo
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by looseweight: 9:05am On Jan 06, 2016
God saved your ass.
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by islandmoon: 9:05am On Jan 06, 2016
for real?? Aluu people.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by ERONX(m): 9:05am On Jan 06, 2016
Eyah
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 06, 2016
Jungle Justice: A Vicious Violation Of Human Rights In Africa
Jungle justice is the concept and act of disregarding the rule of law and taking matters into one’s hands; more clearly put, it is the act of handing suspected criminals over to the hands and mercy of an angry mob. Two wrongs don’t make a right, not now, not ever. At least every criminal in the law court is considered innocent till proven guilty. With the increasing rate of jungle justice, it is feared that people will begin to see life as nothing to be preserved. Has jungle justice reduced the level of crimes perpetuated in the community? The answer is no; it never will. As matter of truth, burning and gruesomely degrading human beings is a greater evil; it is an outright violation of human rights. Jungle justice reduces human life and dignity to zero.

Please desist from this act

1 Like

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by hismahillz(m): 9:06am On Jan 06, 2016
Oju ole re ooo
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by Sijo01(f): 9:06am On Jan 06, 2016
A foool at 40........
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by NaijaPrince: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2016
Thats how fight broke out yesterday at the filling station because of fuel. If it were readily available i doubt that he would try to steal it.

Anyway i came across this great piece on how to manage fuel in these trying times http://manly.ng/5-effective-ways-to-save-petrol-in-nigeria-today/ Dont be that guy.
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by mondob2k(m): 9:06am On Jan 06, 2016
50 litres of fuel! only u, u no dey fear?
Tiff ole carry am go!

u see 17 yr old ur eye come clear
tiff ole carry am go!

u say na ur 1st abi no be so?
tiff ole carry am go!
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by anonimi: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2016

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by stargul: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2016
hmmm[b]! Say No to Jungle Justice[/b]

See more photos here:http://www.042express.com/2016/01/fuel-thief-almost-killed-by-angry-mob.html
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by canalily(m): 9:06am On Jan 06, 2016
Na only one gallon of fuel?
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by 1surdman: 9:07am On Jan 06, 2016
new year thief

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by kennyman2000(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmmm...
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by 989900: 9:08am On Jan 06, 2016
Petty thieves bear the brunt.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by ultrazone(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2016
Seen
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by waterhouse071(m): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2016
fuel is now gold
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by Onyiibazz: 9:10am On Jan 06, 2016
Bro. Eze, go and sin no more
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by adenine02: 9:10am On Jan 06, 2016
angry
angry
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by Fesomu(m): 9:10am On Jan 06, 2016
Idioots..All they can do is prosecute a petty thief without allowing him to face the law but when it comes to people stealing billions, they will be wailing around, calling buhari a tyrant for not allowing those criminals to enjoy their undeserved bail..retarrded nigerians...

1 Like

Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 06, 2016
Nigerians have poured their frustration on another once again. Nothing to see here, only Africans being african.
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by adenine02: 9:11am On Jan 06, 2016
989900:
Petty thieves bear the brunt.
he is still a tif weda petty or not
Re: Fuel Thief Escapes From Lynch Mob In Port Harcourt(photo) by xender(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2016
his a lucky mhan.

he would have roast 2 hell.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters (Photos) / Police Arrest Six Waterway Robbers For Rape / Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.