Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience (27327 Views)

How A Medical Student Miraculously Escape Contacting H.I.V. / Free H.i.v Test Centres In Lagos / Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Mrcapability7: 7:16am On Jan 06, 2016
I just frozen looking at the doctor like mumu to give me death sentence

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by brunofarad(m): 7:18am On Jan 06, 2016
Lol Z
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by balash(m): 7:23am On Jan 06, 2016
Lol!! I never do HIV but everytime I do Malaria Or thyphoid test! When my family doctor presents me with result, na that left hand side for down I dey first look! When I see H.I.V negative then I will rest and look up if na malaria or thyphoid I get. Lmao

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by excellencyabia1: 7:24am On Jan 06, 2016
Asking myself a lot of questions like if it is positive do you know that all your certificates are now waste? I know you may laugh at this but i also start planning on how to share it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 06, 2016
iv never and i will not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by fernandoc(m): 7:25am On Jan 06, 2016
I bought drinks for my guys without telling them the reason after I got the results. The lab scientist kept wasting time I thought he was garnering courage to give me the news. Chai...he kept walking up and down I almost wanted to ask him Oga Abeg just tell me make I comoy here. Lol...anyways I've become extra careful afterwards.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 06, 2016
I have o! It was funny. Went for one show; celebrity soccer organized by Yaw ard Dec last year and they were running free Hiv test. My sister agreed to do it and it was so funny because in my mind I didn't want to do it and for like 15secs I was frozen stiff while the girl doing d test dragged me to where d test was being conducted. Everytin happened so fast and my heart was just racing...but finally turned out -ve sha, thank God. But I still smile at how I reacted that day

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2016
Yeah nd the doctor was crazy. Damn! After the test, he asked 'what will be ur reaction if u are positive' I just dey look him. D crazy doc no gimme my result o unless I answered the question. So, I said 'life goes on bro'. He smiled and said 'as if it's that easy'. Anyway, congrats u are negative. B4 nko? I'm decent nah. Anyway, I jumped up and almost hug him, That was the 1st tym I did the test anyway. I have lost count now, I check myself any time I see where dem dey do am. Life is too short to live with HIV

18 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by sinaj(f): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2016
I was very sick when I wnt to d hospital de suggested I run a hiv test.

I wasn't afraid to do it tho coz I knew it wud turn out negative as a gud girl wich I am cool

But when I got to d unit in d teaching hospital they were having a counseling session with those that came for ARV nd HIV positive piple.

I saw many handsome men, pretty ladies, pregnant women, evn old men cry
A cold chill immediately ran down my spine nd I bcame scared immediately, I almost felt like running away frm dere. embarassed

Wen d nurse called me to tell me Itz my turn, I was alredi visibly shaking for reasons I couldn't xplain.cry

For a moment, the doctors thought I was positive alredi coz of how scared I was.

They had to giv me a moment to pull myself together xo de will b able to draw blood out of my body.

Wen de finally ran d test, d silly Dr hesitated to giv me my result undecided nd I almost started crying lol.

The thoughts dat ran tru my mind at d moment was dat, wot if I had contacted it tru needle, blades or evn from d hair saloon nd didnt knw all along cry

My thought was cut short wen the Dr gave me the result Witat telling me, in less than 2 seconds, my eyes located HIV - nd for d first time I smiled in the office, the Dr evn teased me grin

HIV/ AIDS is real o!

U guyz shud really be careful, if u cnt abstain Condom ain't expensive

Make Konji no kill una tongue

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by ojmetrix(m): 7:42am On Jan 06, 2016
just comfortable waiting for result cos I was doing it to donate blood and save a life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by ivyT(f): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2016
HateU2:
Yeah nd the doctor was crazy. Damn! After the test, he asked 'what will be ur reaction if u are positive' I just dey look him. D crazy doc no gimme my result o unless I answered the question. So, I said 'life goes on bro'. He smiled and said 'as if it's that easy'. Anyway, congrats u are negative. B4 nko? I'm decent nah. Anyway, I jumped up and almost hug him, That was the 1st tym I did the test anyway. I have lost count now, I check myself any time I see where dem dey do am. Life is too short to live with HIV

yes o,life is too short.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Patented: 7:46am On Jan 06, 2016
No Be small thing, U will begin to analyze every detail of your life. The places you have cut hair, who you have had sex with(condom or no condom), when pin chuk ya hand. Your life wld literally flash b4 ur eyes while you wait. Then you feel fly when you get the Negative result!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by shegxi(m): 7:49am On Jan 06, 2016
If u donate blood regularly, den hiv test is a must often too........i do d test like 4times every year. D feeling is good cos i know it is for a great cause.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by golor(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2016
It has become a normal habit to me,I was only scared of d result d first time because I did it raw with a girl working in a public office where guys comes in plenty to patronise,d strange part is I got her on my bed so quick,ask a girl out 2day and in 2days time you re bleeping her.....and me d mumu just did it raw,thank God my dad prayers is still with me,tho I still have to take caution and again am living with a positive patient that am always scared he will give me,that has always drawn me to d test together with I usually do it free at my school hospital,will still do it again cos I met a girl for a first time and I still bleep her raw through her back,reason be that she's a virgin,she didn't allow me to disvirgin her because her parents are aware of her virginity cause each time she's seeing her period it normal comes with pain and when that happen d parents will take her to hospital,shes decent sha still don't know why she did what she did with me......almost all my bab has bin giving me at ease.........but I have promise to abide with condom this year, excerpt my virgin girl,d remaining two 3we must go down with condom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by cruzita(f): 8:10am On Jan 06, 2016
chai my own the way I begin dey sweat like mumu dat day as result never come out eh.as the thing come out and na negative ,oboy if u see the way i fly-run go house eh .even if u know say u dey negative ,waiting for the result will leave ur mind wandering to the impossible

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by ggrin(f): 9:04am On Jan 06, 2016
Choi bad day crycry...I fainted that day mehn crygringrin.....the docki writing got me shockedshockedshockedshocked sadsadsadsadsad
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by obiorathesubtle: 9:26am On Jan 06, 2016
undecided I be virgin.. I no fit get HIV.. Therefore, I never do the test before.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by bibijay123(f): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2016
The lab scientist wrote something on the result n turned it down n then he said the result is out but I need you to give me. Ur home address n I went like cry so dis is d end for me! God if u save me frm dis one I promise nt to ......ever again

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by 7footre(m): 10:53am On Jan 06, 2016
Lols since HIV is more wildly spread through sex, na for here we go know who don de dive without helmet! Make una jes de confess.

I've actually done it twice and on the second occasion, the doc was a young guy who teased the hell outta me! We had a good laugh over it latter sha... i'm clean insha allah
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by hatux: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2016
Lmao grin....
Funny people, funny comments.
*make I dey here dey observe sha*grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by sinaj(f): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
undecided I be virgin.. I no fit get HIV.. Therefore, I never do the test before.
whu told u virgins cnt contact hiv ni

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by obiorathesubtle: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2016
sinaj:
whu told u virgins cnt contact hiv ni
one guy like that.. And I believe
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by LegalBaby(f): 11:32am On Jan 06, 2016
i have done it twice and naa i wasnt scared
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by sinaj(f): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
one guy like that.. And I believe
Shebi u no de use clipper ni abi na afro u de kip

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by obiorathesubtle: 11:37am On Jan 06, 2016
sinaj:
Shebi u no de use clipper ni abi na afro u de kip
I'm bald and completely hairless.. Alopecia universalis since 1988.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 06, 2016
Lalasticlala 'show nan

grin.. Remembered when i visited my sister,being a nurse she told me they were running a free hiv test in ah hospital clinic..

Naso i wear cloth follow ah + assuring myself i nofit be +hiv-positive..

As i enter hospital,wasint up to 20 mins when i was called in

grin..After the whole test..Was asked to chill til they call me again..

Wasint funny atall,na so memories of Adeola, florence,esther wey i don knack "raw" dey enter my brain..God !
I quickly open my opera mini nd typed symtoms of hiv for google(something wey i know before)..lol

Was later called in,sweats don draw nigeria map for the round neck wey i wear..# Atlast -Negative.. ! grin..

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
I am alws scared doing H.I.v test..inshort recently av agreed nt 2do it again! I run as fast as possible wen I hear 'H'.. *OhLordyouseemyhearth* I gbensh a total stranger nd nau am scared :-
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by obiorathesubtle: 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
naughtynaughty:
I am alws scared doing H.I.v test..inshort recently av agreed nt 2do it again! I run as fast as possible wen I hear 'H'.. *OhLordyouseemyhearth* I gbensh a total stranger nd nau am scared :-
smh.
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
I haven't sad because I don't have the reason to sad

but ladies dread pregnancy test more grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
smh.
taaahr! Wt did u c
Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by obiorathesubtle: 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
naughtynaughty:
taaahr! Wt did u c
undecided see ke? Nothing ooo.. My phone na braille.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
sinaj:
I was very sick when I wnt to d hospital de suggested I run a hiv test.

I wasn't afraid to do it tho coz I knew it wud turn out negative as a gud girl wich I am cool

But when I got to d unit in d teaching hospital they were having a counseling session with those that came for ARV nd HIV positive piple.

I saw many handsome men, pretty ladies, pregnant women, evn old men cry
A cold chill immediately ran down my spine nd I bcame scared immediately, I almost felt like running away frm dere. embarassed

Wen d nurse called me to tell me Itz my turn, I was alredi visibly shaking for reasons I couldn't xplain.cry

For a moment, the doctors thought I was positive alredi coz of how scared I was.

They had to giv me a moment to pull myself together xo de will b able to draw blood out of my body.

Wen de finally ran d test, d silly Dr hesitated to giv me my result undecided nd I almost started crying lol.

The thoughts dat ran tru my mind at d moment was dat, wot if I had contacted it tru needle, blades or evn from d hair saloon nd didnt knw all along cry

My thought was cut short wen the Dr gave me the result Witat telling me, in less than 2 seconds, my eyes located HIV - nd for d first time I smiled in the office, the Dr evn teased me grin

HIV/ AIDS is real o!

U guyz shud really be careful, if u cnt abstain Condom ain't expensive

Make Konji no kill una tongue
hmmm.. Deep!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Revealed: 5 Easy Ways To Cut An Onions Without Crying…it Works Like Magic / Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths / Women Who Sleep More Also Have More Sex, A New Study Finds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.