Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency (13393 Views)

Fayose To Buhari: Withdraw 2016 Budget, It’s A National Embarrassment / At Last, Buhari Formally Writes N’assembly To Withdraw 2016 Budget For Correctio / Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by kodded(m): 7:20am On Jan 06, 2016
The presidency has denied the report yesterday in a national daily (not THISDAY) that President Muhammadu Buhari had withdrawn the 2016 budget estimates that he presented to the National Assembly on December 22, 2015, describing it as untrue.

In the same vein, the Senate denied knowledge of the withdrawal, saying if there’s a need for adjustment in the budget, the president will merely send it to the National Assembly while it is being considered without any necessity for its withdrawal.

Speaking with journalists on behalf of the presidency at the National Assembly yesterday, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang, said budget withdrawal was an official matter which could not be done in secret but could only be done through official correspondence between the Presidency and the National Assembly.

According to him, if there is any need for adjustment in the budget, it would be done at the background through the relevant committees after the second reading of the Appropriation Bill without any need for a withdrawal as claimed by the report.

In his bid to buttress his submission that the budget was not withdrawn, Enang told some National Assembly correspondents to come to his office and see the document lying intact.

He said: “To my knowledge, the budget as laid by Mr. President on the December 22, 2015 is still with the National Assembly and has not been withdrawn. If there is a withdrawal, there is always a communication and budget is not a sensitive thing that it cannot be dealt with behind the scene. It can be worked on behind the scene after second reading. After second reading, the different committees will work on the budget but it has not been read a second time so, it cannot be dealt with before then.”

On its part, the Senate said it was not aware of any withdrawal of the budget by the president, saying instead, debate on the budget may begin next week as the National Assembly prepares to resume from its three week Christmas break on Tuesday.

Deputy Senate Leader, Ibn N’Allah, who made this remark said in his capacity as deputy senate leader, he was not aware of any withdrawal adding that if the insinuation was true, the All Progressives Congress (APC) senators would duly be privy to the information.
“I’m not aware of any withdrawal. I just came from the village yesterday and l will return tomorrow. Ordinarily, as members of the APC, we should officially be able to know if there’s anything near to that.

“When we resume, we will settle down immediately into the issue of passing the budget. We might begin debate on the general principles of the budget next week and then dissolve into the committee to quickly ensure that the budget is passed as quickly as possible so that government business can start with no delay,” Na’Allah said.

On Monday, when the rumour first filtered into the landscape, Senate’s spokesman, Senator Sabi Abdullahi, had told journalists that he was not aware of any attempt to withdraw the budget.

Other senators contacted by journalists on the subject matter such as the Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules and Business, Senator Babajide Omoworare and Senator Kabiru, also said they were not aware of any withdrawal.

Said Gaya: “I don’t think it has been withdrawn but whatever the case is, the figure of the entire budget will not change. Mostly, it is adjustment of priority projects. During the media chat recently, the president specifically mentioned some few projects especially some important roads in the country. It is possible that some of the roads may not have been reflected in the budget.

“There is no way if the president speaks on something, that may be part of his campaign promises and I think, he will try and do it. He also spoke about the railway and that there is a counterpart funding to be put in to the project. So if the figure under the subhead is not defined, then he has the right to readjust it and bring it back to us. The adjustment can also be done even while we are still discussing the budget. Once the main figure did not change, it is possible to make the adjustment.

“Both chambers of the National Assembly will for instance, tinker with the figures especially as it affects overheads. If we are cutting 30 percent from the National Assembly budget, then it has to be done pro rata. We must cut across 30 percent across the agencies, the ministries and all other government parastatals. There are duplications of figures like purchase of computers. When all the duplications are discovered, it is necessary to take them out.”

The report had claimed that Buhari secretly withdrew the budget in reaction to the range of criticisms accompanying the budget figures. It cited the editorial of The Nation newspaper on Sunday which identified a lot of loopholes in the budget.

The report further claimed that the alleged withdrawn budget would not return to the National Assembly until the end of January.
In his reaction to the allegation, Senate Leader, Ali Ndume, said without mincing words that it was practically impossible for the president to withdraw the budget after it had been duly laid before the National Assembly.

He said: “It is impossible to withdraw the budget. It is not a document that you can just write and say you are withdrawing it. The budget proposal that has been laid at a joint session of the National Assembly cannot just be withdrawn like that. Budget proposal is not a document that is sacrosanct; you can adjust it and this is why it is before us. During the budget defence, it can be adjusted if need be,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-didn-t-withdraw-2016-budget-say-presidency-senate/229625/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by cyberdurable(m): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by kodded(m): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2016
k
Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by Aufbauh(m): 7:22am On Jan 06, 2016
I knew from the onset the fallacy of budget withdraw
was a mischievous propaganda from low skilled apprentice of the PDP e-rats geared towards self consolation and also an appetizer to their ever gullible supporters to get relief from their ongoing political penury.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by chimuma(m): 7:23am On Jan 06, 2016
hmmmmm, which kind of govt be dis.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by dunkem21(m): 7:23am On Jan 06, 2016
Let me ask the audience grin

Click Like if you believe the presidency is saying the truth and the budget is not withdrawn ..

Share if you think the presidency is lying playing on our intelligence ..

48 Likes 127 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by mazzi: 7:24am On Jan 06, 2016
How much again is bubu going to spend buying monkeys and rabbits?

Bubu should not border wasting our money cause we have many zombies that can do the same work as those monlkeys and rabbits on nairaland grin

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by brunofarad(m): 7:25am On Jan 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by Imortal001: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2016
Lying lions everywhere..

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by mazzi: 7:26am On Jan 06, 2016
Bb
Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by modath(f): 7:27am On Jan 06, 2016
chimuma:

Did the earlier report of withdrawal come from the government or unsubstantiated media reports?

If you must wail, do it with wisdom!! sad

Still doesn't change the fact that some things on that budget must be expunged!!! BMW gini? sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by drss2(m): 7:27am On Jan 06, 2016
am not surprised. buari dullard is not a listening president.
Hypocricy is when u lament n cry over oil price selling at $36pb yet budget billions for personal enjoyment at d expence of workers december salaries.
Hypocrisy is when u claim u met an EMPTY TREASURY yet budget hundreds of billions on frivolities.
Hypocricy is when u claim u will diversify nigeria's economy yet budgeted N3.6 billion for German made 2016 BMW models.
Hypocrisy is when u claim nigeria is broke yet budget N145 million for tyres.
Hypocricy is when u claim nigeria is battered yet budget N320 million for zoo animals in aso rock.
Hypocrisy is when u claim Jonathan looted national treasury yet budget N39 billion for foriegn travels against GEJ's N24 billion.
Hypocrisy is when u accused GEJ of wastage yet budget N1.7 billion for food (gucci banquet), against GEJ's N500 million
Hypocrisy is when u ban nigerians from buying goods abroad yet budgeted billions of naira for foriegn goods.

dis is not budget of change, it is budget of looting.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by IamPatriotic(m): 7:35am On Jan 06, 2016
Even if the budget is not withdrawn, it definitely needs some readjustment in alliances with our economy reality and change mantra of PMB/PYO government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by kodded(m): 7:36am On Jan 06, 2016
Aufbauh:
was a mischievous propaganda from low skilled apprentice of the PDP e-rats geared towards self consolation and also an appetizer to their ever gullible supporters to get relief from their ongoing political penury.
so buhari is no longer the listening president cheesy ?

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by dunkem21(m): 7:38am On Jan 06, 2016
modath:

Did the earlier report of withdrawal come from the government or unsubstantiated media reports?

If you must wail, do it with wisdom!! sad

Still doesn't change the fact that some things on that budget must be expunged!!! BMW gini? sad

Why should things from the *budget of change* be expunged .. See as you just casually said *BMW gini* ... If na GEJ, everybody mouth go long and sharp with plenty derogatory words ..

Even tonyebarcanista, busted the budget and picked holes within 12 hours of making it public, yet the presidency can't see beyond their noses ..

Incompetence, tardiness and cluelessness all rolled in one ..

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by dunkem21(m): 7:40am On Jan 06, 2016
kodded:
so buhari is no longer the listening president cheesy ?

You will be a mischievous person in real life cheesy

I don laugh tire grin .. The man dey make his supporters to change mouth every second ..

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by BushidoBlue(m): 7:41am On Jan 06, 2016
Hahahahahhaaa

I don see something oooo

Wait

Wait

So all those "a listening president " na lie

Iya supporters and canvassers come support your canvas....

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by mazzi: 7:43am On Jan 06, 2016
Person wey no sabi read budget dey do amendment? grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by phemmie06(m): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2016
chimuma:
Nigeria government

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by BushidoBlue(m): 7:44am On Jan 06, 2016
In short if this government says good morning....

Better go and check the sky outside..

Anyway I don't mind... errors are allowed....
But.....

Na those follow follow blind supporters wey go still come here come re rant and defend d non withdrawn withdrawal... na dem I dey pity....

Like this one....

Aufbauh:

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by dunkem21(m): 7:46am On Jan 06, 2016
Lalasticlala, the source is thisdaylive ..
Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by mazzi: 7:49am On Jan 06, 2016
So bubu is going to spend 1.7b on tiwoshinkafa and brukutu? grin
Bubu the listening president according to his zombies

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by IamPatriotic(m): 7:49am On Jan 06, 2016
Even if the budget is not withdrawn, it definitely needs some readjustment in alliances with our economy reality and change mantra of PMB/PYO government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by mazzi: 7:49am On Jan 06, 2016
T
Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by funlord(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2016
angry
mazzi:
How much again is bubu going to spend buying monkeys and rabbits?

Bubu should not border wasting our money cause we have many zombies that can do the same work as those monlkeys and rabbits on nairaland grin

Please me and this olodos parents have tried for years to cure him of his psychotic ways of expressing himself and to change his ways but it seems the curse on his destiny is quite strong!

Viewers should assist us in treating his condition by giving the baboon a public shaming! "Kindly click like if you think he made no sense or share if you believe he has a point!"

5 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by JaredNomak: 7:53am On Jan 06, 2016
Government of the confused, led by Rehobuhari- Confusiontocracy.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by mazzi: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2016
Aufbauh:
but does the budget suit the slituation of things now oloodo?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by kodded(m): 7:55am On Jan 06, 2016
dunkem21:

You will be a mischievous person in real life cheesy

I don laugh tire grin .. The man dey make his supporters to change mouth every second ..
buhari has made his supporters to create multiple monikers so that when he says one thing they will praise him with their firs moniker but once he contradicts himself they will defend him with another moniker

chai e no easy to be zombie for this present politics cheesy

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by JaredNomak: 7:59am On Jan 06, 2016
Aufbauh:
In other words, you don't see anything bad with the outrageous amounts allocated to presidential expenditure and the National Assembly.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by Aufbauh(m): 8:00am On Jan 06, 2016
BushidoBlue:
In short if this government says good morning....

Better go and check the sky outside..

Anyway I don't mind... errors are allowed....
But.....

Na those follow follow blind supporters wey go still come here come re rant and defend d non withdrawn withdrawal... na dem I dey pity....

Like this one....

My opinion is personal and if you've seen any of my post commending PMB for the budget withdraw please lay it bare.
Some stories do not appeal to logics or my mental reasoning so I'd refrain from such as adults need not to engage in cartoon story.
Be well guided!
Re: Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency by kodded(m): 8:59am On Jan 06, 2016
dunkem21:
Lalasticlala, the source is thisdaylive ..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Resumes Training Of Nigerian Troops For Anti-terror War / Southern Governors Declare Support For States To Collect VAT / Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.