Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,554 members, 7,770,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:36 AM

PDP Governors Appeal For Credible Bayelsa Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Appeal For Credible Bayelsa Poll (254 Views)

PDP Govs, Senators, Reps Begin Search For Credible National Chair / Bayelsa Poll: Buhari Shuns Sylva / ‘APC Stockpiling Arms, Recruiting Cultists For Bayelsa Poll’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PDP Governors Appeal For Credible Bayelsa Poll by lekanolas: 7:51am On Jan 06, 2016
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Governors’ Forum has warned the rival All Progressives Congress and other government agencies against interfering in the supplementary election scheduled for Bayelsa State on Saturday.

The governors also expressed confidence in the ability of incumbent governor Henry Seriake Dickson sweeping the polls as a result of his numerous achievements in all sectors of the economy.

Dickson is in a vantage position having led with a lead of some 33 000 votes in six out of the seven local government areas whose results the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced.

“We have an important message to the President and all those whom God has placed in positions of authority in Nigeria today; that the irreducible minimum of democracy is credible election.

I think commitment to democracy and development must be commitment to credible election,” PDP governors Forum Chairman, Olusegun Mimiko, said.

He also appealed to all the major institutional stakeholders in this Saturday’s election to ensure a credible poll.

“If you have passion for the development of this country, one of the critical legacies you can leave for this country is credible election,” Mimiko said.

“Without credible elections, we aren’t going nowhere and I keep saying that APC must take a cue from former President Goodluck Jonathan who handed over power as a sitting President when his party lost, yet heavens did not fall,” Mimiko said.

He said Dickson had performed well to deserve a second term.

Mimiko said this was in view of the life transforming projects the restoration government had put in place.

“I have no doubt in my mind that by Saturday, Bayelsa State will be rejoicing because Governor Henry Seriake Dickson would have been declared unequivocally as the governor of the state again and the restoration will continue

http://newsday.com.ng/pdp-governors-appeal-for-credible-bayelsa-poll/

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Leader Nmadi Kanu Welcomes Baby Boy / Politics / Amaechi Spent N82m To Host Soyinka To Dinner - Rivers Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.