Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,242 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption (24646 Views)

APC And PDP Are Expired Political Parties - Doyin Okupe / Edo Election: PDP Are Bad Losers, Says Edo APC Chairman / Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by koboko69: 8:52am On Jan 06, 2016
I have read read many criticisms following the present war on corruption by President Buhari. Many are claiming it is paybay time / pilitical witch hunt. Before such conclusions are made we all need to understand that the ongoing investigations by the EFCC and DSS on the Dansuki gate saka and Money Laundering is at the Federal level.

The immediate past government was headed by the People's Democratic Party. It is expected that benefactors of the Largesse will be mostly members of the political party in power or friends and allies of the past government hence the main reason why most of the people being quizzed and arrested are members/benefactors of PDP.

This should settle the question that "does it mean all members of the APC are saints"
No, Mr president can't start probing each states funds. Being that most of the members of APC had access to loot only state funds of where they were in power. It is the duty of present state governors to investigate and prosecute whoever is found wanting be it APC member or PDP member.

Dansuki have been in custody and would have mentioned any APC benefactor of his Largesse. Let we Nigerians support the present fight against corruption irrespective of political affiliations. These people disregarded the rule of law and Constitution when stealing our common wealth but will always want the rule of law and constitution to save them when being hunted.

If Olisah Metu or FFK are benefactors of Dansuki gate, they should assemble a team of good lawyers to defend their case.

May God bless Nigeria!

164 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by WebSurfer(m): 8:54am On Jan 06, 2016
Your statements on Olisah Metu / FFK simply says it all. you are a pro PDP.

You didnt see anything wrong with thier involvment other than saying they need good set of lawyers to get them out of which means you are a supporter of corruption like your past clueless and corrupt President.. Now let me ask you as a member, you can acknowlege how corrupt your ex-president was right? Has he been arrested or detained since he left power? NO.

Now back to your post:
Reason: You see that party, They have a thief as a mentor who once quoted stealing is not corruption, those are the natural thieves we need to wipe out from the face of Nigeria first.

APC too has their own set of thieves and only time will tell too.

The only reason i support some of these APC thieves is simple: Some became like one of the thieves on the cross alongside Jesus. Who believed in him knowing well they have sinned and ready to repent, confessed his sins and got saved. Example: Ameachi .

I'm not a PDP supporter nor an APC when it comes to taking sides in Politics because i'm not a fool to understand these greedy politicians are just there to make the best use of thier time in thier various positions. I just want to see Nigeria grow in it's best and fastest way attainable.
In other words , Buhari is the man Nigeria needs even after his 8 years by God's grace.. I do not care if he becomes a dictator as long as he is doing the right thing. This country suffered too much to a crumbling state under these thieves. and the worse part is that beneficiaries be it families who benefited from it never saw anything bad about it because the loots was shared in thier favour rampantly. The times of looting is over. Nigerians would re-stategize thier lives and stop depending on politics to survive or make waves.

Sorry OP.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by Rotjijatau(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2016
Toh

1 Like

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by koboko69: 9:03am On Jan 06, 2016
Cc

Egift
Passingshot
Dropshot
Omenka
NgeneUkwenu
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Beremx

5 Likes

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by emmanuel596(m): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2016
undecided
Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by DropShot: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2016
The least one would expect from Rivers state for example is for the state government to charge Amaechi to court if there are evidences that he looted or mismanaged the state's fund while he was governor.

Their ranting doesn't move PMB and definitely not millions of Nigerians who gave him the mandate to fight corruption.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by olafirstt: 9:20am On Jan 06, 2016
I think all of us suppose understand dat dey r the ruller dat time now
Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by funlord(m): 9:24am On Jan 06, 2016
undecided shocked angry sad
koboko69:
I have read read many criticisms following the present war on corruption by President Buhari. Many are claiming it is paybay time / pilitical witch hunt. Before such conclusions are made we all need to understand that the ongoing investigations by the EFCC and DSS on the Dansuki gate saka and Money Laundering is at the Federal level.

The immediate past government was headed by the People's Democratic Party. It is expected that benefactors of the Largesse will be mostly members of the political party in power or friends and allies of the past government hence the main reason why most of the people being quizzed and arrested are members/benefactors of PDP.

This should settle the question that "does it mean all members of the APC are saints"
No, Mr president can't start probing each states funds. Being that most of the members of APC had access to loot only state funds of where they were in power. It is the duty of present state governors to investigate and prosecute whoever is found wanting be it APC member or PDP member.

Dansuki have been in custody and would have mentioned any APC benefactor of his Largesse. Let we Nigerians support the present fight against corruption irrespective of political affiliations. These people disregarded the rule of law and Constitution when stealing our common wealth but will always want the rule of law and constitution to save them when being hunted.

If Olisah Metu or FFK are benefactors of Dansuki gate, they should assemble a team of good lawyers to defend their case.

May God bless Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by omenka(m): 9:29am On Jan 06, 2016
Bro I really don't get to reply such queries raised by the wailers because I know they are hardwired to complain about EVERYTHING.

Should Buhari jail his wife today on charges bordering on corruption, wailers would say they told us Buhari hates women!!

The reason they've decided to use the lines we've seen them use so far (being witch hunting PDP members) is because majority of those involved are Muslims/Northerners. One can only imagine the feast FFK, PDP and their supporters would have made of the anti corruption campaign had they been Christians/Southerners!!

Notwithstanding Dasuki's guilt, they insist Baba is after him because of what he did to him (Baba) in 1251BC.

Best they be ignored.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 06, 2016
Nigeria Masses Must protest against PDP. Buhari Anti-Corruption war must succeed

PDP crazy Ideology of Steal,embezzle and loot Government Treasury dry with impunity, “Rule of Law” will stop you from going to prison must be destroyed by Nigeria masses before it destroys Nigeria!

Nigeria masses must be careful the way we support PDP in trying to destroy Buhari anti-corruption war. We must know that Buhari is largely alone in his anti-corruption drive even within the APC. Should we allow PDP to frustrate him and he loses interest and passion to fight corruption, we the masses will suffer the most. His current minsters will have no reason than to loot massively too.

The twisting of the meaning of “Rule of Law” to defend obvious corrupt public officials and treasury looters at the expense of Nigeria masses by PDP is getting to ridiculous and alarming level. One of the main reason of rule of law in the first place is to ensure individuals does not share and loot common wealth of a nation with impunity into individual pocket viz a viz other objectives. The aim of rule of law is to govern in the best way for the people. Therefore anybody who steals public fund is already guilty of breaking the rule of law.

In Nigeria, poor people who steal common goat in villages spend years in prison awaiting trials under both the PDP past governmentt and also under this APC government, I have never heard the PDP trying to defend those poor village thieves with the rule of law!

According to wikepedia , “The rule of law is the legal principle that law should govern a nation, as opposed to being governed by arbitrary decisions of individual government officials. It primarily refers to the influence and authority of law within society, particularly as a constraint upon behavior, including behavior of government officials” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_law. So a public official who convert government money to personal money with impunity is already guilty of breaking the rule of law. it is surprising and very ironical for the person to be hiding under the same rule of law he has destroyed to escape Justice. You cannot eat your cake and have it.

The current anti-corruption fight of president Buhari has fully complied with rule of law so far. This current government has a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) as a vice president. He understands all the loopholes in Nigeria constitution which rich, wealthy and influential Nigeria politicians and public officials use in escaping justice because of their ability to hire sound and good legal team with the looted fund from our common wealth. Then came this innovative prosecution method currently applied by federal government of Nigeria.

The new method of prosecution being applied by the federal government is explained as follows: If you steal yam, meat, egg, rice and the government is aware, they will arrest you for stealing only yam, sue you to court. In a month or two you procure bail for stealing yam. You get arrested and get sued for stealing meat. Maybe in another two months you get a bail, then you get arrested for stealing egg and the process continues. As this goes on, your resources goes down, the people willing to sign surety for you decrease since you may have to use different persons as surety in each case of bail. Also the fact that you are on bail only means you can come to court from your house it does not acquit or discharge you from the case. Thus you will be going to two or more courts at the same time. This will further weaken your resolve to continue to fight because of the huge resources and energy you will need to drag on the case. In doing this the government has fully complied with rule of law. This is what have been applied in the case of Dasuki and other cases. Buhari has not disobeyed any court order. Everything Buhari has done is legal.

If a man is accused of stealing N1billion, and he goes to court and the SANs, with all their shenanigans and technicalities, using the Constitution, to say you have committed a bailable offence whereas the consequences are more than what is bailable, then you are able to get bail; then tomorrow, we find that you have stolen another billion naira, that is another offence and, therefore, you should be arrested. To me, once you get a bail for a particular offence, that does not mean you cannot be arrested for another offence.As far as I’m concerned, the government has even been very gentle and constrained in doing its job and dealing with this monster of corruption.

Prof Odekunle
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/i-dont-believe-in-unmoderated-rule-of-law-prof-odekunle-sagay-committee-member/ProfessorFemi

The reason for the serious panic in PDP camp over Dasuki case is very simple. The case will implicate many top PDP members. Also Dasuki is a son of a former sultan of sokoto which make him a royalty and a prince, a Fulani like Buhari, a former army colonel. If Dasuki can be jailed with all his influence, it means it will be difficult for any other person to escape being jailed. All the noise about dictatorship, fascism, tyranny, totalitarianism, abuse of power, abuse of the rule of law, etc by PDP is just out of frustration. This is because the size of the loophole they were relying on has been strongly reduced.

For all those who claim Buhari is no saint and as such should not fight corruption should go and have their head examined. I agree he is no saint. But there is no country in the world ruled by saints. If other countries like United State, China, France have succeded in reducing corruption in their countries by sinful men who are not saint, then Buhari is qualified to fight corruption. Except we want God to come down from heaven himself to come and fight Nigeria corruption.

For the first time in a very long time in Nigeria history, we have a president who is passionate and focus in reducing corruption in Nigeria. We the Nigeria masses must support him so that he will have the courage and energy to continue this fight. In the long run, the beneficiary of this fight is the common man like me and you. We must not allow people who have abused us, trampled upon us, and oppressed us to deceive us with grammar in order to go away scot free despite all the heavy atrocity they have committed.

For those crying to Barrack Obama, I tell you, United States is even tougher than Buhari on issues of national security and placing people in custody without trials. Barrack Obama has ordered killing of America citizens with drones without trial. There are American Citizens in Guantanemo bay detention and other detention faciities in US and outside the US without trial for months and years. Below is prove from Wikipedia

American detainees at Guantanamo Bay

The United States Department of Defense acknowledges holding 99 American citizens captured in Afghanistan, during the "war on terror", and one of them was held, for a time, in Guantanamo.[1] Guantanamo was only supposed to be used to detain non-Americans. But although Yasser Hamdi was born in the US, he was raised in Saudi Arabia, and Joint Task Force Guantanamo counter-terrorism analysts didn't realize he was an American. He was eventually repatriated to Saudi Arabia, provided he agreed to renounce his US citizenship.

John Walker Lindh, "the American Taliban," was recognized as an American citizen right away.[2] He spent a couple of months in CIA and military custody, but was never held in Guantanamo. He was transferred to the US court system only months after his capture, and received a twenty-year sentence.

Jose Padilla was held without charge, for several years, in the consolidated naval brig in North Carolina. He too was never held in Guantanamo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_detainees_at_Guantanamo_Bay

Corruption is considered National Security Issue. Anti-corruption fight is a war and we the masses should see it as such. it is a fight for our common good and well being.

Corruption, to be sure, is a national security issue. The worst case scenario takes roots if corruption manages to seep into the state apparatus that itself is responsible for national security.
http://www.jworldtimes.com/Article/82012_Corruption_and_National_Security

Nigeria masses must rise up against PDP or else Nigeria will be doom forever should we allow PDP to pressure President Buhari to give up on his anti-Corruption war. We must understand that the current Buhari anti-corruption war will go a long way in ensuring that the current cabinent members of Buhari government perform with minimal stealing of our common wealth. Should we allow PDP to fustrate Buhari to give up on his anti- Corruption fight, I promise you, the current ministers and other public officials under the current APC government will grow very wild and steal our common wealth without any consciennce or Fear. We need to understand that Buhari is alone to a very large extent in this anti-corruption war. Many of Buhari cabinent members are secretely supporting PDP to fustrate the anti-corruption war. It benefits Buhari Ministers if the anti-corruption war fails. Nigeria masses must wake up to reality and understand that we are the one at the receiving end. Nigerians have been praying to God in churches, Mosque and Shrines for corruption in Nigeria to reduce. God have answered our prayers in Buhari. Let us not make the mistake of the Jews who God sent a messiah and Saviour Jesus Christ, but was rejected because he came to them as a son of an ordinary carpenter. Buhari may have come to us as someone without oratory skills with limited conventional education, but i strongly believe, he is the answer to Nigerians prayers on corruption.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by todayboy: 9:37am On Jan 06, 2016
omenka:
Bro I really don't get to reply such queries raised by the wailers because I know they are hardwired to complain about EVERYTHING.

Should Buhari jail his wife on charges bordering on corruption, wailers would say they told us Buhari hates women!!

Best they be ignored.

Buhari is just wasting time chasing enemies than fighting corruption we need economic improvement than the nonsense media trial he is doing now I can bet my life non of this people will go jail except his main enemy dasuki that handcuffs him 1979

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by Yhinkss(m): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2016
Will Dasuki share money to APC members? Was PDP not in power when the looting was done.

Ode wailer, for you have refuse to reason

10 Likes

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by koboko69: 9:40am On Jan 06, 2016
todayboy:

Buhari is just wasting time chasing enemies than fighting corruption we need economic improvement than the nonsense media trial he is doing now I can bet my life non of this people will go jail except his main enemy dasuki that handcuffs him 1979
U didnt even see 1 dollar from #Dasukigate. You are here talking crap. Sorry for your generations.

23 Likes

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 06, 2016
[size=14pt]Why EFCC "Selective" witchhunt On PDP Members Best for Nigeria right now. [/size]

I have read and heard from many people and PDP sympathizers that the current Buhari anti corruption drive is selective and Bias.
I totally agree it is selective. but I don't agree that it is bias. And there is nothing wrong in it being selective as long as the reason is the best for the country for now. When you have a lot of cases, you must ranked them. I strongly believe it is the best thing and the best way to fight corruption in Nigeria for now. My reasons are as follows:

1. The anti corruption fight is currently concentrated on corruption at the federal level. Buhari anti corruption war is currently not active on state level and former governors. Since federal government was fully controlled by PDP in the last 16years, most corruption at federal level is PDP affair.

2. Buhari greatest interest is to recover fund. The best thing to do in this regard is to concentrate on areas where he can recover the highest amount of stolen fund. And that is federal government and are mostly PDP members.

3. It is almost impossible to prosecute all corrupt cases in Nigeria. So the need to give priority to those with the highest amount and easiest to prosecute. Thus corrupt cases with highest return are within the PDP

4. currently the NSA is the main focus of the anti corruption war at the moment. The reason being because of the amount of money involve and because Buhari govt believe they can recover some billions from the former NSA. Since the former NSA used most of the money for election affair, it is natural that majority of people involve are PDP members

5. maybe in the next two years when the anti corruption war go to state level, some APC members will be prosecuted.

6. We should also recognized that the govt has limited resources and personnel to fight the anti corruption war. so the need to select those that will give the highest impact per resources utilized.

7. It will be very naïve, unwise and stupid for Buhari to focus on corrupt practice of APC members right now. His govt is too young for that. he cannot fight everybody at once even if he wishes to . His govt will crumble if he try that right now. He need to run the govt with Nigerians not aliens. Almost every Nigerian that have held political office has skeleton in their cupboard. thus many APC members have corrupt past. But however this is not the best time for him to open APC members files. Doing that right now will be stupidity and naïve and will be bad for the country. Ability to select the best fight to fight at a time is wisdom and leadership.

8. It may appear unfair to PDP members. but to the Nigeria masses I believe it is fair. PDP were not fair to the masses when they were stealing our treasury dry. I strongly believe all the persons who stole are common wealth should be brought to book. Whether they are APC or PDP. However, since we cant do all in one day, we must start from somewhere and from those that will give the highest return and impact.

9.The fact that the anti corruption war is currently ignoring APC members does not mean the war is not sincere. It is only a pragmatic approach to a complex problem. When you have a lot of complex problem to solve, you ranked it and choose where to start from. That is currently what is going on.

10. The truth is that all the people who are shouting witch-hunting, "selective", "vendetta" want the anti corruption war to fail. If I have access to Buhari, I will tell him to completely ignore them. Those people want him to fight on all front so that he will lose and then come back to mock him.

11. I know some people will come and say it is hippocracy to currently ignore people like Tinubu etc in the anti-corruption war. But I choose to disagree with them. it is not hippocracy but pragmatism. Even if Buhari have an intention to open Tinubu files, this is not the best time to do it. That can wait for much later. A leader must focus on National interest. it will not be in the interest of Nigeria for tinubu files to be opened at this time should he have corrupt cases. Timing is a major component of decision making and leadership. if you do the right thing at wrong time, it is as good as a wrong thing. GEJ had the opportunity to jail Tinubu since PDP supporters keep making reference to him as corrupt man, yet GEJ could not. Tinubu was tried for corruption by code of conduct Bureau under GEJ govt. Tinubu won the case. Now you PDP supporters now think it is Buhari who Tinubu used his so called "corrupt money according to PDP supporters" to sponsor should now be the one to jail him!!! That is the worst form of hippocracy I have ever heard of.

12.I also know some people will argue about Atiku, Obasanjo etc and say why are they not being tried also. Just as I explain earlier, it is much easier to trace fund, files and documents of corrupt practice done in the last 4years than those done in the last 8 or 16years. So it is only practical to concentrate on the last 4 years at the moment. To me, this is wisdom.

13 We need to understand the post is not saying that APC members and older leaders (atiku, OBJ etc) corrupt practice should be ignored. The post is only talking about now. Which is at this current time (t), it is very wise to focus on immediate past PDP govt because it will benefit Nigeria as country more than doing otherwise right now. In the future, the anti corruption drive can spread to others. But now is not the time .

14. The fact that it may not be wise to look at past corrupt act of top APC members right now does not mean Buhari should tolerate massive corruption from his cabinet or ministers. Buhari must ensure any looting under his govt is not tolerated. Should any member of his cabinent be found wanting of corruption under his current govt, the person should be punished with no mercy.

15. I agree this is not the ideal case since everybody are equal before the law in ideal situation. but it is still better than GEJ mindset, who believe that since he cannot jail all corrupt people, everybody should go free. In his mind he was being fair. The truth is that, that was one of the greatest Injustice Jonathan did to Nigerian masses. That empowered every political leader to steal without any fear of consequence.
GEJ mindset was corruption did not start with me and so it is not me that will fight it.

16. As we hope for the best, we should appreciate what is better than the past. The more we the masses support Buhari anti corruption war, the bolder he will be in fighting it. The bolder he become the less selective he will become and the more APC members will be prosecuted.

17. For all those who claim Buhari is no saint and as such should not fight corruption should go and rethink and re-examine that point. I agree he is no saint. But there is no country in the world ruled by saints. If other countries like United State, China, France have succeded in reducing corruption in their countries by sinful men who are not saint, then Buhari is qualified to fight corruption. Except we want God to come down from heaven himself to come and fight Nigeria corruption. No country in the world was transformed by saint. They were all transformed by sinful men.

[b]Finally, Nigeria masses must rise up against PDP or else Nigeria will be doom forever should we allow PDP to pressure President Buhari to give up on his anti-Corruption war. We must understand that the current Buhari anti-corruption war will go a long way in ensuring that the current cabinent members of Buhari government perform with minimal stealing of our common wealth. Should we allow PDP to fustrate Buhari to give up on his anti- Corruption fight, I promise you, the current ministers and other public officials under the current APC government will grow very wild and steal our common wealth without any conscience or Fear with reckless abandon. We need to understand that Buhari is alone to a very large extent in this anti-corruption war. Many of Buhari cabinent members are secretely supporting PDP to fustrate the anti-corruption war. It benefits Buhari Ministers if the anti-corruption war fails. Nigeria masses must wake up to reality and understand that we are the one at the receiving end. Nigerians have been praying to God in churches, Mosque and Shrines for corruption in Nigeria to reduce. God have answered our prayers in Buhari. Let us not make the mistake of the Jews who God sent a messiah and Saviour Jesus Christ, but was rejected because he came to them as a son of an ordinary carpenter. Buhari may have come to us as someone without oratory skills with limited conventional education, but i strongly believe, he is the answer to Nigerians prayers on corruption.
[/b]

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by Anyi2015: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2016
ask buhari dat question
Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by EternalTruths: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2016
If at the end of the day, Buhari never probe any APC member for corruption, history will record his war against corruption as witch hunt . cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by omenka(m): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2016
todayboy:

Honestly, it pains me to respond to nonsense like this, but I'd oblige you just this one time.

You peoples' minds have been irredeemably perverted by hatred.

A handcuff we didn't see in that pic. The expression on the faces of the people in that pic didn't even depict anything as serious as an arrest was made. Someone is being arrested and people in Agbada were standing by, smiling.

He had his hands behind his back, just like the other soldier standing two places beside him, yet you people saw through his cloth and body to see "handcuffs".

Until you cure yourself of this disease of hatred which is ravaging your brains one cell at a time, commonsense would continue to elude you guys.

What a pity.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by egift(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2016
koboko69:
Cc

Egift
Passingshot
Dropshot
Omenka
NgeneUkwenu
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Beremx

PDP can wail all they like.

For me, I just want to wish you guys a lovely 2016. May your dreams come true and may all your projects, expectations and plans this 2016 will be achieved. Its been inspirational hanging with you guys.

3 Likes

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by oglalasioux(m): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2016
todayboy:

Why not check your history well before posting.

5 Likes

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by Day169: 10:51am On Jan 06, 2016
tuale4u:
[size=14pt]Why EFCC "Selective" witchhunt On PDP Members Best for Nigeria right now.
[/size]

I have read and heard from many people and PDP sympathizers that the current Buhari anti corruption drive is selective and Bias.

I totally agree it is selective. but I don't agree that it is bias. And there is nothing wrong in it being selective as long as the reason is the best for the country for now. Because I strongly believe it is the best thing and the best way to fight corruption in Nigeria for now. My reasons are as follows:

1. The anti corruption fight is currently concentrated on corruption at the federal level. Buhari anti corruption war is currently not active on state level and former governors. Since federal government was fully controlled by PDP in the last 16years, most corruption at federal level is PDP affair.

2. Buhari greatest interest is to recover fund. The best thing to do in this regard is to concentrate on areas where he can recover the highest amount of stolen fund. And that is federal government and are mostly PDP members.

3. It is almost impossible to prosecute all corrupt cases in Nigeria. So the need to give priority to those with the highest amount and easiest to prosecute. Thus corrupt cases with highest return are within the PDP

4. currently the NSA is the main focus of the anti corruption war at the moment. The reason being because of the amount of money involve and because Buhari govt believe they can recover some billions from the former NSA. Since the former NSA used most of the money for election affair, it is natural that majority of people involve are PDP members

5. maybe in the next two years when the anti corruption war go to state level, some APC members will be prosecuted.

6. We should also recognized that the govt has limited resources and personnel to fight the anti corruption war. so the need to select those that will give the highest impact per resources utilized.

7. It will be very naïve, unwise and stupid for Buhari to focus on corrupt practice of APC members right now. His govt is too young for that. he cannot fight everybody at once even if he wishes to . His govt will crumble if he try that right now. He need to run the govt with Nigerians not aliens. Almost every Nigerian that have held political office has skeleton in their cupboard. thus many APC members have corrupt past. But however this is not the best time for him to open APC members files. Doing that right now will be stupidity and naïve and will be bad for the country. Ability to select the best fight to fight at a time is wisdom and leadership.

8. It may appear unfair to PDP members. but to the Nigeria masses I believe it is fair. PDP were not fair to the masses when they were stealing our treasury dry. I strongly believe all the persons who stole are common wealth should be brought to book. Whether they are APC or PDP. However, since we cant do all in one day, we must start from somewhere and from those that will give the highest return and impact.

9.The fact that the anti corruption war is currently ignoring APC members does not mean the war is not sincere. It is only a pragmatic approach to a complex problem. When you have a lot of complex problem to solve, you ranked it and choose where to start from. That is currently what is going on.

10. The truth is that all the people who are shouting witch-hunting, "selective", "vendetta" want the anti corruption war to fail. If I have access to Buhari, I will tell him to completely ignore them. Those people want him to fight on all front so that he will lose and then come back to mock him.

11. I know some people will come and say it is hippocracy to currently ignore people like Tinubu etc in the anti-corruption war. But I choose to disagree with them. it is not hippocracy but pragmatism. Even if Buhari have an intention to open Tinubu files, this is not the best time to do it. That can wait for much later. A leader must focus on National interest. it will not be in the interest of Nigeria for tinubu files to be opened at this time should he have corrupt cases. Timing is a major component of decision making and leadership. if you do the right thing at wrong time, it is as good as a wrong thing. GEJ had the opportunity to jail Tinubu since PDP supporters keep making reference to him as corrupt man, yet GEJ could not. Tinubu was tried for corruption by code of conduct Bureau under GEJ govt. Tinubu won the case. Now you PDP supporters now think it is Buhari who Tinubu used his so called "corrupt money according to PDP supporters" to sponsor should now be the one to jail him!!! That is the worst form of hippocracy I have ever heard of.

12.I also know some people will argue about Atiku, Obasanjo etc and say why are they not being tried also. Just as I explain earlier, it is much easier to trace fund, files and documents of corrupt practice done in the last 4years than those done in the last 8 or 16years. So it is only practical to concentrate on the last 4 years at the moment. To me, this is wisdom.

13 We need to understand the post is not saying that APC members and older leaders (atiku, OBJ etc) corrupt practice should be ignored. The post is only talking about now. Which is at this current time (t), it is very wise to focus on immediate past PDP govt because it will benefit Nigeria as country more than doing otherwise right now. In the future, the anti corruption drive can spread to others. But now is not the time .

14. The fact that it may not be wise to look at past corrupt act of top APC members right now does not mean Buhari should tolerate massive corruption from his cabinet or ministers. Buhari must ensure any looting under his govt is not tolerated. Should any member of his cabinent be found wanting of corruption under his current govt, the person should be punished with no mercy.

15. I agree this is not the ideal case since everybody are equal before the law in ideal situation. but it is still better than GEJ mindset, who believe that since he cannot jail all corrupt people, everybody should go free. In his mind he was being fair. The truth is that, that was one of the greatest Injustice Jonathan did to Nigerian masses. That empowered every political leader to steal without any fear of consequence.
GEJ mindset was corruption did not start with me and so it is not me that will fight it.

16. As we hope for the best, we should appreciate what is better than the past. The more we the masses support Buhari anti corruption war, the bolder he will be in fighting it. The bolder he become the less selective he will become and the more APC members will be prosecuted.
..tuale!!!
100 likes!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by dearsly(m): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2016
This is not the change I voted!

The lord is our strength!!...Not BUBU

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by dearsly(m): 11:00am On Jan 06, 2016
tuale4u:
[size=14pt]Why EFCC "Selective" witchhunt On PDP Members Best for Nigeria right now.
[/size]

I totally agree it is selective. but I don't agree that it is bias. And there is nothing wrong in it being selective as long as the reason is the best for the country for now. Because I strongly believe it is the best thing and the best way to fight corruption in Nigeria for now. My reasons are as follows:

U ARE SPEAKING FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY!!....Not I and others...Take Note

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by Evathyst(f): 11:04am On Jan 06, 2016
Point of correction OP! It's Dasuki and not 'Dansuki'

The Dasuki that shared our commonwealth like christmas goody is Col. Sambo Dasuk(Rtrd)
While the 'Dansuki' you erroneously mentioned is no other person than the indefatigable Hon. Daniel Asuquo a.k.a Dansuki (Federal Lawmaker representing Akampa/Biase federal constituency of cross river state).

Please oh! You people should be specific in your reports so as not to drag a good man's name down the mud. undecided

Sir, in case you're reading, forgive them for they know not what they are doing. tongue

And in case you're wondering why I'm painstakingly defending you Sir, it's that your yoruba female corper friend that worked at Akpet /Abini PU 002 during the voters card distribution exercise.

3 Likes

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2016

End time politicians.

End time stupidity is when Ur household can't feed thrice in a day yet you come online to shout PDP or sai buhari....

You refuse receiving sense even when God was evenly distributing sense...

Get sense n ignore politics.......

Its only in Nigeria Pple suffer comfortably yet keep defending politians that left then in poverty with their last blood...

End time mentalities
Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by ddippset(m): 11:05am On Jan 06, 2016
2.1 billion dollar arms deal scandal. Santa Dasuki couldn't have shared gifts to aid the APC..

2 Likes

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by emmygzy(m): 11:05am On Jan 06, 2016
Rubbish. Witchunting

1 Like

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by Timoleon(m): 11:06am On Jan 06, 2016
judgement day beckons!
Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by kirchofff(m): 11:06am On Jan 06, 2016
Whatever!!!!! I just want naija to be a better place, I don't support any party
Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by sammyj: 11:06am On Jan 06, 2016
Wonderful and intelligent write-up. However, what we should be demanding from both our past and present leaders is accountability and justice and lets forget about this sentiments to make Nigeria great again. Lastly all yam looters and eaters must return them and face the law no matter their health conditions !!!! angry shocked cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by loomer: 11:06am On Jan 06, 2016
What about obasanjo's govt?
Re: Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption by CR77(f): 11:06am On Jan 06, 2016
tongue ewa
Yhinkss:
Will Dasuki share money to APC members? Was PDP not in power when the looting was done.

Ode wailer, for you have refuse to reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Exhibition Of Buhari's Election Campaign; Aisha Buhari In Attendance / How Tribunal Sacked George Sekibo From Senate And Declared Andrew Uchendu Winner / Mama Taraba Picks UDP Guber Nomination Form After Dumping APC (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.