Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,991 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:01 AM

A Disciplined And Hardworking Civil Engineer Looking For Work Opportunity - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Disciplined And Hardworking Civil Engineer Looking For Work Opportunity (432 Views)

The 5 Best Jobs For Work-life Balance / Lets Talk!! Are Nigerian Politicians More Hardworking Than Nigerian Graduates? / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Disciplined And Hardworking Civil Engineer Looking For Work Opportunity by jostking: 11:01am On Jan 06, 2016
Hi great Nigerians, I am a civil engineer with two years experience in site supervision and project management. I am currently looking for a company to continue my career as a engineer and add to the growth of the firm.

Technical skills

• Usage of levelling instrument
• Data analysis and management
• Technical report writing
• Proposal Writing
• Tendering
• Detailing
• Cost estimation

Computer skills

• AutoCAD
• Ms Word
• Ms Excel
• Ms Power point
• Ms Project
• Slideshare

Work Experience

Tropical Engineering Nov. 2014 – Nov. 2015
Project Engineer
Project: Construction of Warehouses at JB Farms Limited, Odogbolu, Ogun State

I was part of a team of engineers that supervised the construction of five warehouses at JB Farms Ltd. My experience and job activities are listed below;
• Setting out of the warehouses on site.
• Preparation of bar bending schedule.
• Ensuring the qualities of the concrete and steel at all times by insisting on slump and cube tests for concrete
• Managing sub-contractors to ensure that only quality work that meets specifications are met.
• Checking all reinforcement after placing and issuing instruction for commencement of concreting.
• Ensuring that the concrete is well cured and forms are not removed pre-maturely.
• Construction of the foundation made up of strip and isolated pad footings.
• Construction of drainage 200m in length and 600mm in depth.
• Casting of concrete driveway with area measuring 7000m2 and provision of adequate slope
• Construction of office buildings, restaurants and overhead water tank.
• Supervised the evacuation of slurry in a series of pits dislodged from the factory with volume measuring 3500m3 and filling back with laterite and eventual compaction using.
• Preparing a detailed plan of each stage of the project to be achieved.
• Ensuring that each stage of the project is progressing on time and budget.
• Reporting regularly on work progress to senior management and attending site meetings.

Opengate Projects Limited, Lagos Jan. 2013-Sept. 2014
Project Engineer
Project: Construction of Fidelity Bank Branch office at Egbeda, Lagos/Residential Houses

• I oversaw civil engineering works such as foundation works, formwork, concrete works, block work and reinforcement and I ensured they were strictly followed to detail.
• I ensured that the project deliverables were completed within the baseline time.
• I brought down the total cost of completion by as much as twenty percent by applying superior negotiating skills with contractors and vendors.
• I made sure that the completed building project met the client’s expectation in quality and design.
• I was responsible for maintaining good cordial relationship with the company’s client.
• By carefully managing and planning for risk I was able to reduce unforeseen risk that might lead to project creep.
• Ensured prompt preparation and presentation of technical reports, status reports and proposals.

B.Sc. Civil Engineering, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria

It is my greatest passion to solve some of the greatest infrastructural problems facing the country and that is why I have decide to study engineering, which to me is a solution to Nigeria's quest for development.

I do not compromise on professional ethics as such you can count on my integrity and sound practice. I also understand that the importance of duty and hierarchy in the field and how negligence can destroy a good work.

I seek for work opportunity from well meaning Nigerians so as to actualize my dreams and contribute to the growth of engineering. I am also open to any training where required

My email is civilengineernigeria@yahoo.com, I will be willing to discuss how my abilities may be best employed by your firm.

(1) (Reply)

Good News To Residents Of Ibadan!! Miketech Consulting Nw In Ibadan / Jumia Is Recruiting / Career Opportunities Without Effect Of Nigerian Economic Melt Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.