Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,792 members, 7,798,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) (61256 Views)

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures / Welcome To Akure City (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
Cybertext:

You have to accept that "30% of that beautiful Ibadan" land mass makes up about 70% of most state capital land mass in Nigeria. I've been to Ibadan and I have seen many state capital and I must confess that Ibadan is not only one of the biggest state capital in Nigeria but one of the oldest.
I don't dispute the fact that Ibadan is one of the oldest but definitely not one of the most beautiful. I love and miss Ibadan before of their peaceful nature.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
LaDivva:
Ibadan has nice places, beautiful roads and many tourist attractions, but like every other state it has ugly sites as well. I've been to places in Lagos that almost made me puke, doesn't mean Lagos is generally ugly. I'm currently in Ibadan,Dugbe and I must say I'm having fun, have been to both the beautiful and ugly areas but the beautiful areas are more, street lights, good roads and so on. I'm Igbo but I really love it here, calm and peaceful.

wink
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Lushore1: 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
ibadan

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by otosa(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
McLove:
Political sentiments apart. Ah be confirm IBADAN indigene. Ib city is not as bad as you people paint it. But op, some of the pictures here are not IB city. If you want to prove me wrong, tell us the location of each picture.
Thank you
yeah, Some are Lag pics.

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Cybertext(m): 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
KanoAbiaBabe:

I don't dispute the fact that Ibadan is one of the oldest but definitely not one of the most beautiful. I love and miss Ibadan before of their peaceful nature.

Lol True that,

I'm not disputing the facts that you mention above, all I'm trying to point out is that there's no state capital that doesn't have slums. Your Monicker is quite revealing that you might have travelled to many cities in Nigeria,

I've been to Kano and it has its fair share of slums just like Ibadan.... both cities are not the most beautiful right now because they are old cities; but then decades before and after independence they were one of the most beautiful cities not only in Nigeria but in west Africa.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by mroyato(m): 7:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
YorubaParapo:
Please where is this in Ibadan??
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by MXrep: 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
airmark:

Because we have those houses with red zincs, does that take away the beauty of other places in the city? Because we have ghettos like ajegunle in lagos, does that mean a place like banana island is not in the same city? Below is phyno in enugu, i hope you can see the background.

Dats Abakpa, Enugus ghetto, everywhere has ghetto, but ibadan problem is that it seems like the ghetto covers 90% of the city. enugu's ghetto are isolated and away from the city and not large. see Enugus skyline and compare with that of Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
scarletpearl:

ask ooo, I always say advert is deceitful.
I tire
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by danishdon(m): 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
ABEG OOOO, Which Ibadan be this? Shey na d one wey I done spend close to 6-7years in abi na Ibadan Vision 2050? The guy just photoshopped all the newly-built 'privately owned' places come dey SCAM us here! We look like mumu to u I even saw IWO ROAD snapped from d newly erected billboard angle and d picture didn't show us where refuges were dumped or where destitute now call homes under d bridge!! See I believe ibadan is ok and experiencing gradual signs of civilisation and industrialisation, but no one should come here over-hyping 2% of an entire kingdom of ibadan abeg #RecieveSense

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by mroyato(m): 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
YorubaParapo:
...more.......

Pls where are these places in Ibadan...am a tourist and I'll like to visit this particular location on my next visit to the state

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by teekay213(m): 8:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
Udmaster:
LIES.. This is just 2% of the city.
I know ibadan city, it is an unorganised, roudy, dusty and dirty with heavy rusted brown roof all over the city..
The APC governor there is a big fraud.
u're a big liar.ibadan is a cool and nice place to be.i love it more than lag now that we have shoprite and other things those lagosian use to shakara us.i will pick ib over lag anytime anyday,u don't have to rush for everything,no massive traffic to make someone commit suicide in the car.i rep ibadan.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
d ugliest and dirtiest city
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by airmark(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
MXrep:

Dats Abakpa, Enugus ghetto, everywhere has ghetto, but ibadan problem is that it seems like the ghetto covers 90% of the city. enugu's ghetto are isolated and away from the city and not large. see Enugus skyline and compare with that of Ibadan

You can tell that to anyone who have not being to enugu before.Abakpa is not far away from trans ekulu and new haven, compared to beere to bodija in ibadan. Fact is everywhere has its ghetto which is a far cry to posh areas. If you go to emene, you will ask past governors in enugu to face firing squad. I know enugu like the back of my hand. I hope you know Nike lake hotel's location so don't tell me that isolation thingy.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by blackprowler: 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
Like seriously? so were are the red zincs?

Here! I'm also a photographer and took these a few days ago

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
Cybertext:

Lol True that,

I'm not disputing the facts that you mention above, all I'm trying to point out is that there's no state capital that doesn't have slums. Your Monicker is quite revealing that you might have travelled to many cities in Nigeria,

I've been to Kano and it has its fair share of slums just like Ibadan.... both cities are not the most beautiful right now because they are old cities; but then decades before and after independence they were one of the most beautiful cities not only in Nigeria but in west Africa.
Yes dear, I love traveling and I ve come to conclusion that the north is the best place for me to stay(for now). Kano is far far beautiful presently than Ibadan,the major challenge Kano have is the fact that its a bit dirty,kodus to Ajimobi who helped in rebuilding Ibadan especially Mokola roundabout/flyover and Agodi resort.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by macof(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
Descartes:

This is it. The main Ibadan city not the computer-generated images from Op

And what makes the op's images less Ibadan?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by blackprowler: 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
From the beginning of Ibadan, a place called Challenge, if you took a bus going to Gate, your experience of Ibadan would be completely different from one who took a bus from same Challenge to Mokola/Dugbe. There are 2 ibadans: the original rust-roof is a whole "city" of its own (as my 1st photo shows) and then the one trying to modernise. You can live in one and be almost completely oblivious of the other.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by macof(m): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mufasa27:

That's is the ibadan you use to know, ibadan is now well organized and beautiful, although there still some places that are very bad and unkempt but we have improved sha.. And the brown roof you are talking used to be ibcity logo but not anymore cheesy wink

really, there's nothing wrong with Ibadan being known as a city of brown roofs. Those are houses that go back 1800s and early 1900s
let the igbos who like to verbally attack Ib city come and show us structures they built in the 1800s

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Kgdavid(m): 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
Udmaster:
I know ibadan city, it is an unorganised, roudy, dusty and dirty with heavy rusted brown roof all over the city..

Its "rowdy" plz
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Cybertext(m): 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
KanoAbiaBabe:

Yes dear, I love traveling and I ve come to conclusion that the north is the best place for me to stay(for now). Kano is far far beautiful presently than Ibadan,the major challenge Kano have is the fact that its a bit dirty ,kodus to Ajimobi who helped in rebuilding Ibadan especially Mokola roundabout/flyover and Agodi resort.

Well, I've only spent a week in Kano, lets say I've been to few beautiful places in kano so probably you are right...but don't you think this two statements @bolded are contradictory??

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Burntcoal(f): 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
where are the pics of oje, orita-aperin, moniya, olodo, sasha, monatan, bashorun, ikolaba and other ghettos in ibadan
welcome to the brown roof city.
ibadan nile oluyole, omo aje igbin, je ikarahun
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by blackprowler: 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Has anyone ever seen a real road map of Ibadan, complete with a grid and legend to help locate places fast? Of course not. It only exists in my laptop. This is an untransferrable sample. I'm sure corpers and new students would find such stuff useful

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Udmaster:

IGNORAMUS
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
I love Ibadan, I love Nigeria. I'm an endangered Nigerian Specie, can't live in another mans country. Next Governor of Oyo State or Ibadan state. Whichever ways. All the picture here are Ibadan. Nice one op
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
Cybertext:

Well, I've only spent a week in Kano, lets say I've been to few beautiful places in kano so probably you are right...but don't you think this two statements @bolded are contradictory??
I used a "bit dirty", meaning that is the little disadvantage of a few towns in kano, despite that the town is still more beautiful than Ibadan . No place is perfect sha .Lol

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
were for ibadan you dey? make we see nah
Currently in Dugbe.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by aisha2008(m): 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
The last pix is LAUTECH Senate Building, and why don't u show people the interior part of Ibadan like Ojoo, Oja Oba, Molete, Moniya etc
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
LaDivva:

Currently in Dugbe.
okay cool. As gregarious as you are i think it will be vital if we could meet up at any rendezvous of your choice. What do you think?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
LaDivva:

Currently in Dugbe.

so u live in Ibadan?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Femsyn(m): 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
I don't need pictures to tell me Ibadan is a beautiful city. In fact, i was there last Christmas, and believe me, i was blown away! Ibadan can rival most parts of Lagos conveniently. Please don't talk out of sentiments or political affiliations. Ventura Mall, in particular, was spectacular, especially at night. talk about the bowling alley, the array of games, the cinema... world class! Majority of the roads have been expanded and clean.

Cool place... Not bad at all. You should pay a visit.

P.S.: The brown roofs still exists, but that doesn't mean great, awesome things are not happening in Ibadan.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by TeeTee02(f): 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
Where are pics of the rusty brown roof tops?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City / Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.