Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. (31491 Views)

Latest MTN Service Deactivation Codes!!! / Sim Registration: Crowd At MTN Office Rumuodumaya, Port Harcourt (photo) / Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by owadave: 7:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
grin grin MTN....awon eyan Dasuki....beta don't use the corrupt so that EFFCC will not call you for questioning
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by iliyande(m): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hahaha #TeamAirtel/glo
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by azuba(m): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
I got similar massage even two times buh I ignored dem. I dnt tink dat dez massages r frm MTN wink

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by ibkgab001: 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
Warlord3000:
Did mine today at the ARENA in oshodi
. And it's quite easy and fast to do..

Now am. Using my 2k compensation already..

Sorry about your travails

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Goridoe(m): 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
ammyluv2002:
I, simply ignored the text message. I was given 10k undecided undecided

lol likewise.! its just a way for them to lure everybody in getting the biometric sh*t done asap.. imagine, giving me 5k and still giving me a deadline of 7days to use it off..! **sounds stupid** na dem go do d biometric demselves in the next 5years if dem no see me to show up, cos now, im too busy for shitty stuffs.!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by ucnwafor(m): 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mtn is for small small children, rule your world.......GLO

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Exponental(m): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mtn is confused.... the fear of fine is the beginning of confusion!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
I also got one today. Can I visit those road side agents to register mine?
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by 4nobody4every1: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
[quote author=Freemanan post=41723232][/quote] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by pocal: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
This company is only taking us for a ride in this country...
Have been to MTN office to re-register my sim yet they keep sending me messages everyday to go back and revalidate my sim. I cant just imagine myself going back to their office... I also got this " yeye" message too today... All am waiting for is for them to block me, then am porting my line to another network.

why cant we all port to another network and see if they will still take us for a ride.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by dragonking2: 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lollipop247:
Pele. Why must it be mtn, can't u use other network? If it's ur contact ur bothered about u can send a bulk sms notifying all your contact on your new network. That ain't so hard!!! sad
I have stopped answering Nigerians on this issue as it is obvious that most of them can't reason or use their common sense....They keep on complaining, tell them to port dem no go gree, tell them to use another network, dem no go hear word yet you will see them complaining like idiots from morning till night....

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Got same message,I was given 1k
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by BABANGBALI: 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
Smooyis:
Why is it that most networks glo, mtn, Etisalat, AIRTEL etc have deleted or omitted the option that enables one to speak with their service agent when calling the customer care line.

Do they think their simulated computer can address all issues raised. NCC over to you. Stop fighting the wrong battle.
naija guys too dey toast their babes that is why

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Louiscutedude(m): 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
My dad n my mum was given too but dey can't use it........ As for my own case i hv been given since last year n i can't use it n every week dey keep on renewing it
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by enisonfome(m): 8:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
I received similar sms but of 2000. So u reside in ikotun? Dat was my residence though.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by gidjah(m): 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Got d same SMS too ,I was to access 2k after,d thumb printing and pics.me never go sef,just hope all will be we'll wit my sim

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by ayusman16(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
no be NCC say make MTN comply to registration process? Why the complaint now? Blame your regulatory body.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by marynike: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
D same thing applicable to i went to Akure for the registration, d queue was too long. I decided to leave there. Mtn are not serious. My own is 2000.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by laprince(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
pocal:
This company is only taking us for a ride in this country...
Have been to MTN office to re-register my sim yet they keep sending me messages everyday to go back and revalidate my sim. I cant just imagine myself going back to their office... I also got this " yeye" message too today... All am waiting for is for them to block me, then am porting my line to another network.

why cant we all port to another network and see if they will still take us for a ride.

I have registered five(5) good times. And they also sent me this bait of 2000 Naira Compensation.

I don't have that strength to go to Oshodi for re-registration. They can have it to themselves.

Each time I register, they would always send me a message that my registration was successful.

The next thing is for them to start their rubbish again.

Am already using my etisalat more frequently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Humblegoodman(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
Text messages were sent to subscribers who do not have complete information in MTN's data base to come register their sims as required by NCC. You know Nigerians, the way they behave, many people ignored the messages. That is the way they also sit at home during elections without going out to vote. Now, MTN sent you a message of free credit, you rushed to their office to go and collect it. You think they are fools? you have to register your line first before you can access the free bonus. long throat go kill una.

If you want the Company's licence withdrawn, remember that about 20,000 Nigerians are in the payroll of the Company. Not to talk of the numerous contractors, sub -contractors and others providing ancillary services. The government is unable to provide jobs for her citizens. Now, MTN came into the country to make live easier for Nigerians through job creation, MTN foundation -where many students have been given scholarships, sick people getting free medical treament, medical bills on surgical operations offset by MTN, renovation of neglected and dilapidated secondary schools, buying of books and equipping school libraries, buying of walking & hearing aids and wheel chairs to the physically challenged and empowering people through who wants to be a millionaire.

From all indications, MTN still remains one company in Nigeria with a human face. In as much as the company is striving to overcome its present challenges, they need to be encouraged by every well meaning Nigerian. Think about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by t0bbY(m): 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
Thanks for this thread OP .I was suppose to be in this chaos also because I was sent the same message yesterday but with this info...

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by okpor2(m): 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
I received same message today.My problem is dat btw Sept nd Nov have done d registration 3 times.D 1st time I was given 500 naira nd told successful.D oda 2 times nothing.if I check with *789# they tell me my reg is successful.Last week I received a call from 181 nd d staff was tellin me to go for anoda reg wen I told him how many times hv done it he requested to know if I went wit a valid I'd card.I told him I went wit my driving license nd he apologised nd said I should ignore d message.And now am gettin dsame message again!My experience d last times is frightene.it took me 3 days to do it.Now can I endure that again?D answer is NO.let them block me.I have etisalat,glo nd airtel.Apartt from d bb subscription wat elseis good in mtn?Let's stand up against them?Let's say noto MTN

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
They have been sending me that message since last year and I have been ignoring it. If they like, make they block d line. I can't go nd stay under d sun 4 hours bcox of them. I'm a customer for Christ's sake.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
okpor2:
I received same message today.My problem is dat btw Sept nd Nov have done d registration 3 times.D 1st time I was given 500 naira nd told successful.D oda 2 times nothing.if I check with *789# they tell me my reg is successful.Last week I received a call from 181 nd d staff was tellin me to go for anoda reg wen I told him how many times hv done it he requested to know if I went wit a valid I'd card.I told him I went wit my driving license nd he apologised nd said I should ignore d message.And now am gettin dsame message again!My experience d last times is frightene.it took me 3 days to do it.Now can I endure that again?D answer is NO.let them block me.I have etisalat,glo nd airtel.Apartt from d bb subscription wat elseis good in mtn?Let's stand up against them?Let's say noto MTN
No to MTN
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by obidevine(m): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
Smooyis:
I was at home yesterday when a friend of mine called me of the free credit being given to selected mtn customers as a means of compensation. I hurriedly entered the code ie *559*40# and sent.

To my amazement, I immediately received a confirmation text that I have been given a bonus of #5,000 credit. I was so so happy. Checking through my balance I did not see the bonus reflect so I called the friend who told me my account would be ready for use today.

Early this morning, another text came that I should go to any of their service centres to complete my biometrics without which I would not be able to access my free credit.

'You have been compensated with N5000 valid for 7 days. To activate, please visit any MTN Registration outlet to update your biometrics. Dial *559*40# to check'

At the ikotun service centre, the situation was very chaotic as I met many customers who had received same message from mtn trying to get entrance into the office without success. Many aged people, nursing mothers were in the sun unattended to for several hours.

When I could not bear it any longer and seeing the way people who have received similar texts were trooping in, I could not withstand the pains of waiting endlessly.

What is MTN really taking us for in this country. Must we go through all these suffering to get our sims registered. Do they subject their own people back in south Africa to such inhumane treatment.

Have you any of such experience. Feel free to share with us.

I was given 10k today, but I went to their experience centre nd after I concluded my biometrics the credit was activated, I did my biometrics @ their centre @ Aosee Plaza , alakija, Festac with no hassles and no crowd at all.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Emeka71(m): 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
I experienced something similar today.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by LKO(m): 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Humblegoodman:
Text messages were sent to subscribers who do not have complete information in MTN's data base to come register their sims as required by NCC. You know Nigerians, the way they behave, many people ignored the messages. That is the way they also sit at home during elections without going out to vote. Now, MTN sent you a message of free credit, you rushed to their office to go and collect it. You think they are fools? you have to register your line first before you can access the free bonus. long throat go kill una.

If you want the Company's licence withdrawn, remember that about 20,000 Nigerians are in the payroll of the Company. Not to talk of the numerous contractors, sub -contractors and others providing ancillary services. The government is unable to provide jobs for her citizens. Now, MTN came into the country to make live easier for Nigerians through job creation, MTN foundation -where many students have been given scholarships, sick people getting free medical treament, medical bills on surgical operations offset by MTN, renovation of neglected and dilapidated secondary schools, buying of books and equipping school libraries, buying of walking & hearing aids and wheel chairs to the physically challenged and empowering people through who wants to be a millionaire.

From all indications, MTN still remains one company in Nigeria with a human face. In as much as the company is striving to overcome its present challenges, they need to be encouraged by every well meaning Nigerian. Think about it.

How many times do I have to register my sim for MTN to have my complete bio-data and biometrics in their data base? Heaven knows I have registered my line for over six times right in their office and on each registration they would reward me with five hundred naira. I registered this same line September last year after they have blocked my line, they opened my line and sent me a successful sim registration message and gave me one thousand naira worth of air time which strangely disappeared also. Now, MTN is bombarding me with messages to go and re-register my sim. I have been using this line since 2005. For how long would I continue with this mess? I registered my glo and Etisalat sim just once and no issue since 2010 when I registered them. Is this fair?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by baba11(m): 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Exactly the same thing was sent to me yesterday and today except that my bonuses are 1k and 2k respectively.

If not that my major line is affected,I had vowed never to re-registered again because this will be the fifth time of doing such cry
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Bloggz74(m): 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
Smooyis:
With all these suffering we go through in their hands they must pay their fine wether they like it or not.

I got 20k
Lols
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by lurlah2014(f): 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
Well as for me I had to abide by the rule cos it's their business to my HOT line,
I was @ their office in ikoyi but due to the crowd they referred some of us to their head quarters @ falomo roundabout and they took us there with their bus and it took me less than 5minutes to be thru with my registration #lucky me with 10000k bonus

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by maryhaam(f): 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
BobUg28:

Did you make use of it without them requesting for anything from you??
you have to re register before you can use it,your account balance should also be on zero balance,prior to the compensation usage.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Olasco93: 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
I received the same Text of which i was given 1,000. For me, it's a good thing that they gave me the bonus, but i won't subject myself to such Low-Life because of freebies. It's not their freebies that has sustained me uptil today. I prefare my hard earned #100 Credit to whatever they will give to me as bonus.
Of what use is it for someone to give you a free cap and cut-off the head you want to use to wear the so called cap in return.
Favour is Deceitful Beauty is vain, but a Telecommunication Company that Fears the Lord Shall not be FINED by NCC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahoo Messenger And Hotmail Messenger On Wap Without Software Download / How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) / How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.