Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. (41600 Views)

Before You Die, Please Travel To Idanre Hills (pictures) / Driver Kills Okadaman At Ita-oloro, Idanre-akure Road, Ondo (Graphic Pics) / All About IDANRE HILLS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by DjAndroid: 12:31am On Jan 07, 2016
I visited the town and climbed that rock in 2001. Meanwhile Idanre is not in Akure, but in Owena local government.
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by DammyOlu123(m): 12:48am On Jan 07, 2016
This article is so on point. The only time I went to Idanre was for my jamb(now utme). It was the harmattan period, so it was quite cold when my mom and I went to sleep in the hotel room. What I woke up to cannot be fully expressed in words.

It was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. I watched as fog literally rolled down the hillside. It was so beautiful, and one of the greatest regrets I have is losing the pictures I took that morning. If you have the chance, please, go right ahead. It will be worth the trip.

1 Like

Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by wink2015(m): 4:45am On Jan 07, 2016
[size=18pt]Now that oil price at the international market has drop. It is high time our governors tap out of the hidden treasures in their domain. If federal government, state government and local government are serious they have a lot to gain from tourism if they invest the right policies, time and money.

There are many coastal states like Lagos, Ogun state, Ondo state, Delta state, Bayelsa State, Rivers state, Akwa Ibom state, Cross Rivers state, etc that are lying wasted without anyone tapping it economic potentials. I think the government in these state can develop the rivers in their areas to make money from tourism.

They have good beaches for tourism and they should just create the enabling environment including security and the american dollars and british pounds will come knocking.

They should close out that dream of waiting for big oil and gas money from Abuja as it is not business as usual.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by nextstep(m): 5:39am On Jan 07, 2016
wadetaw202:

You are wrong o. It is far from Lagos-Benin expressway o.

I suppose I need to explain my meaning of "close". I looked on the map. It looks less than 1 hour from the express. If I was planning to go there, I'd probably plan to spend the night since I can't enjoy the hike in just a few hours.

If I was planning to just drop by for a quick look, then yes it's too far from the express.
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by ejamahrandy: 6:07am On Jan 07, 2016
Ebenezerk2:
You are wrong
how am I wrong sir
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by Abachaz: 6:41am On Jan 07, 2016
only one thing is missing in this great country Nigeria, GOOD LEADERS
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by crackhouse(m): 7:13am On Jan 07, 2016
scholes0:
cc: Lalasticlala , Seun
Front Page Please. wink

Anyone who hasn't visited the Idanre Hills before should try to visit, it is indeed a very beautiful place.
what was ur visit for? Was it academic purpose and which school?
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2016
Idanre is not in Akure, Idanre is a town on is own.
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by smoothlips(m): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2016
Please give a little more details..what's the estimated cost for out-of-town visitors:

modest hotels and their rates
cost of transport and means of getting to the site
gates fees and their rates (if any)
are there recreation centers( and how modest are their fees)

these Info will help prospective visitors plan ahead.

Thank you OOOOO!!
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 07, 2016
scholes0:
Front Page Please. wink

Anyone who hasn't visited the Idanre Hills before should try to visit, it is indeed a very beautiful place.
I've already visited it by reading dis thread.
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 07, 2016
scholes0:
Front Page Please. wink

Hope they dont do rituals there ?
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by delvinmaya(m): 9:30am On Jan 07, 2016
tomakint:

Yes ke........and you?

Le o bami, odun yi a ye a o. Proudly Odode cheesy
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by delvinmaya(m): 9:46am On Jan 07, 2016
smoothlips:
Please give a little more details..what's the estimated cost for out-of-town visitors:

modest hotels and their rates
cost of transport and means of getting to the site
gates fees and their rates (if any)
are there recreation centers( and how modest are their fees)

these Info will help prospective visitors plan ahead.

Thank you OOOOO!!

An estimate will be difficult to arrive at as it depends on various factors. The hills are located in odode and you could lodge at Alade. Transportation to odode is not that expensive. A bike from Alade to the entrance will cost you #100 or less. But having your own vehicle will be better.

I know of only one hotel (I mean cost)
Rock Valley just beside the General Hospital. A room cost #6000 upwards depending on your choice.

Like I stated earlier, the entrance fee for adults is a thousand naira per person while it's five hundred per child. Then you negotiate with the guide.

1 Like

Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by tomakint: 10:16am On Jan 07, 2016
delvinmaya:

Le o bami, odun yi a ye a o. Proudly Odode cheesy
Odun yi a yabo ko wa o.....le o okehi

1 Like

Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by olatommy7(m): 10:37am On Jan 07, 2016
scholes0:
http://yorubaparapo.com/thread/295/scenic-town-idanre

Idanre also called ifedore is my home town of origin, am so proud our monuments are world acclaimed

justwise, Lalasticlala, DisGuy, Seun

Source: http://yorubaparapo.com/thread/295/scenic-town-idanre
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by MistadeRegal(m): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2016
Idanre.... The home town of my wife to be....
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by cyberhike(m): 11:46am On Jan 07, 2016
walai me too
johnydon22:
Oh this is wonderful... I surely is going to visit here some day
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by suzzy16(f): 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
LordVoldemort:

Have you not read the full write up? He never said idanre is in Akure, please pick up your Glasses and read again.

As For idanre hills, nearly jump off the hills when I was small cos I believe I was superman. Special thanks to my brother for beating the shit outta of me that day.
na God really save u o
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by itstpia8: 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
sonnie10:
Some people self, they are can never be polite for once! The girl in the third to the last picture, what was she thinking before putting on a blouse that has the inscription, " Thunder fire U."

which picture?

Nbo ni won ti ko awon ero yi wa gaan?
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by Drabrah(m): 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pls, Idanre is not in Akure. They may be close, buh they're entirely diff settlements
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by Brownzola(m): 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Idan ree means this is wonder. That is my home town. Ask me many question about Odo-ode - Idanre. Come on let's go to Idanre and see wonders.
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by WIZGUY69(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
Idanre Town, a very wonderful & serene town. been there twice.
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by wadetaw202: 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
nextstep:

I suppose I need to explain my meaning of "close". I looked on the map. It looks less than 1 hour from the express. If I was planning to go there, I'd probably plan to spend the night since I can't enjoy the hike in just a few hours.

If I was planning to just drop by for a quick look, then yes it's too far from the express.

Travelling from ore to ondo town takes a good part of 1 hour. Ondo to idanre is another 45 to 60 miles stretch
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by aariwa(m): 9:35pm On May 21, 2016
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by Dnockeror333(m): 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
Let me add a little:
ANOTHER ROAD THAN FROM AKURE:-
If you will be going to Idanre (called locally as Idin're) from adjacent Ondo to Bolorunduro to Owena, I'll say don't go start ascending up to Idanre from Akure.
There is a shortcut well known by the citizens. Go through Owena, just three stone throw from Owena Market or Owena Dam is a road that goes sraight like a moving snake into Idanre.
You'll pass through some small and few linear settlements after the Local Government Secretariat.
This is another road called Owena-Idanre road.
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by tck2000(m): 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
ibe9ja:
The guy under that rock get mind
true
Re: Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. by scholes0(m): 9:22am On Oct 09, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Seven Personnel Die In The Abuja Aircraft Crash - Airforce Confirms / Man Wanted To Pay For His Transport Fare With Bank Transfer / US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.