Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc (66547 Views)

Batch B16 Pcms Share The States You Choose Here / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment / Best States You Can Be Posted To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by queenfav(f): 4:47am On Jan 08, 2016
Chosen1984:
Enugu is a cool place to serve. You are guaranteed to save money on transportation in der.

I once visited Enugu for an appointment. I had to enter a bus going to from Holyghost to an inner town(where innoson company is) can't remember the name. It was quite a long journey. I paid the conductor and to my surprise, the guy was giving me change. So i asked him how much for such a long journey and he told me N30. I was shocked. Wat i would pay about N200-300 here in Lagos.
Enugu is a cool place to be
Please don't lead people astray,I did my law school in Agbani,from oct 2013 to august 2014..From holy ghost to shoprite was like 100 naira or more,can't remember the exact amount.Na just female clothes dey a bit cheap.The least fare u pay for bus is 50 naira.Some places u pay 200 sef.Cabs are very expensive,from agbani to independence layout (orangeroom lounge and shoprite),we pay 2500 to and fro,that's 5k.

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by bennito: 4:56am On Jan 08, 2016
queenfav:
Please don't lead people astray,I did my law sch in enugu..from holy ghost to shoprite was like 100 naira or more,can't remember the exact amount.The least fare u pay for bus is 50 naira.Some places u pay 200 sef.
Bros you can lie ooo. Am based in Enugu. Transportation is quite on the low side (with bus though) But if na via drop, then they might have charged you a such. Holy ghost to shoprite is 30 naira, if you bargain well, they fit collet 20 self, but if na drop either with Keke or cab, that one depends on your bargaining strength.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by richybanky(m): 4:58am On Jan 08, 2016
faksy:
me want to choose niger state,kaduna and osun
pls dudes advise
Am a serving corper in Niger State and d truth abt dis state is dat d state govt is not paying anything although food stuff & transport ar kinda cheap and light is good small, at least 14 hrs of light everyday.

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Redfruit(m): 5:12am On Jan 08, 2016
Chosen1984:
Enugu is a cool place to serve. You are guaranteed to save money on transportation in der.

I once visited Enugu for an appointment. I had to enter a bus going to from Holyghost to an inner town(where innoson company is) can't remember the name. It was quite a long journey. I paid the conductor and to my surprise, the guy was giving me change. So i asked him how much for such a long journey and he told me N30. I was shocked. Wat i would pay about N200-300 here in Lagos.
Enugu is a cool place to be
Holy ghost to Emene
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by okoocheche(m): 5:15am On Jan 08, 2016
whizqueen:
Anything that spells Benue please flee from it.

The environment is very dusty and sunny. No state allawee, poor business environment. I even wonder why they call the state food basket of the nation The only thing I see here is plenty of yams and oranges. undecided I never liked yam my whole life so to me there's no food here.

Will you believe it if I tell you my PPA Doesn't have light? I mean electricity has not gotten to that area embarassed no hygiene water, no proper toilet facilities. our toilet gat no roof angry the road is not even as nice as what we call "Bush paths" from where I come.

Unless u're posted to Makurdi, the state capital you can never enjoy benue state. IMO
my guy calm down, some of those element are in all the states, but we are in pace an we thank God for that.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Redfruit(m): 5:18am On Jan 08, 2016
queenfav:
Please don't lead people astray,I did my law school in Agbani,from oct 2013 to august 2014..From holy ghost to shoprite was like 100 naira or more,can't remember the exact amount.Na just female clothes dey a bit cheap.The least fare u pay for bus is 50 naira.Some places u pay 200 sef.Cabs are very expensive,from agbani to independence layout (orangeroom lounge and shoprite),we pay 2500 to and fro,that's 5k.
Were you expecting CAB to be free or cheap? Its luxurious cab for christ sake and not Cabu Cabu plus Agbani is a rural city relatively far frim Enugu.
Holy ghost to shoprite is N30 and the highest amount you will pay as bus fare within Enugu city is N70 unless on few occassions when the bus drivers decide to exploit people or there is fuel scarcity when it gets to N100. Enugu is a relatively cheap city considering how developed and hush within Nigerian standard it is.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Welcomme: 5:58am On Jan 08, 2016
Abuja, Oyo, Akwa Ibom...Advise pls..
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 08, 2016
oluwaisaac:
Honestly, don't choose Jigawa. If you have plans for your life after NYSC, flee choosing the state. Dusty...Hausa to the core....flies....abegi...itz not worth it. Plus 99% 1% Muslim-Christian ratio in favour of the former. Above all, its too far. You must get to Kano before you see anything recent...even bus back to your state!
So u don't have flies in your fathers house??

Abi una no dey sh.it

Don'tTellMeNonsense

7 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Richiy(f): 6:13am On Jan 08, 2016
queenfav:

Are you talking about cab? Because if you follow bus, from peace park to shoprite is 30 box o. The most expensive bus transport I have paid is from Garki to holyghost which is 70 box.

5 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by ladycomfort(f): 6:15am On Jan 08, 2016
louismane:
Careful wat u wish fr...ogun z a dead place essp abeokuta
. Why is it a dead place?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Richiy(f): 6:16am On Jan 08, 2016
Someborri should talk about Oyo state o
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by ladycomfort(f): 6:24am On Jan 08, 2016
Shehucom:
I speak for Ogun state coz I served there, Abeokuta precisely, lovely environment, but the government have stopped paying as at last year, but by and large the standard of living is relatively ok, transportation isn't too expensive but the indigens could be diabolical at times, some are nice
. Please how do you know they are diabolical.

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by RingimKabir(m): 6:27am On Jan 08, 2016
oluwaisaac:
Honestly, don't choose Jigawa. If you have plans for your life after NYSC, flee choosing the state. Dusty...Hausa to the core....flies....abegi...itz not worth it. Plus 99% 1% Muslim-Christian ratio in favour of the former. Above all, its too far. You must get to Kano before you see anything recent...even bus back to your state!

You speak like a MUMU

#TeamJigawa

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by soloehis(m): 6:38am On Jan 08, 2016
oluwaisaac:
stop decieving nairalander..i served in jigawa at hadeja local govt precisely... Its not as bad as u are painting it..life is swt there.. Things are cheap..the muslims there are so friendly.. more than decades they have not recorded any violent btw muslims and christians. You will be richer as a corper cuz the state govt pay 5k then when federal alawee was 9k.. Dont be shock if they pay 20k now

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by sod09(m): 6:38am On Jan 08, 2016
whizqueen:

The environment is very dusty and sunny. No state allawee, poor business environment. I even wonder why they call the state food basket of the nation The only thing I see here is plenty of yams and oranges. undecided I never liked yam my whole life so to me there's no food here.

Will you believe it if I tell you my PPA Doesn't have light? I mean electricity has not gotten to that area embarassed no hygiene water, no proper toilet facilities. our toilet gat no roof angry the road is not even as nice as what we call "Bush paths" from where I come.

Unless you're posted to Makurdi, the state capital you can never enjoy benue state. IMO
remember I'm still dere angry
Dnt discourage d gals na
As far wit ur alawee
BTW no network too grin
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by mohciz69(m): 6:42am On Jan 08, 2016
no come Niger oooo....apart from light wey good dem no dey pay corpers
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by DaStunz(m): 6:43am On Jan 08, 2016
faksy:
pls dudes advise
Am curently servin in Osun i wuld advice u 2 chooz Ogun instead of Osun.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nigga44: 6:45am On Jan 08, 2016
queenfav:
You paid N100 from Holyghost to shoprite.....Liar!!!!

It costs only N30. Stop misleading people

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Uzch89(m): 6:47am On Jan 08, 2016
1stolax:
Lasgidi

The best

The only con is accommodation and traffic.
I must say I'm a blessed eko kopa...staying with family, work in oshodi-apapa exp way (isolo) and live in festac...I don't experience traffic at all..

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by oluwaisaac(m): 6:57am On Jan 08, 2016
soloehis:
stop decieving nairalander..i served in jigawa at hadeja local govt precisely... Its not as bad as u are painting it..life is swt there.. Things are cheap..the muslims there are so friendly.. more than decades they have not recorded any violent btw muslims and christians. You will be richer as a corper cuz the state govt pay 5k then when federal alawee was 9k.. Dont be shock if they pay 20k now
''Don't be shock'' is the best you can get of their graduates in that state. You can't dispute all I have pointed out in my post, young man. As a result of the woeful standard of living there, it'll interest you that I've opted to continue my service there in absentia!!!
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by phemolala07(m): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2016
Dnt just choose kwara state pls.am a batch A corper in kwara state so I knw Wat am talking about.tanks
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by mommysgirl(f): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2016
Shehucom:
I speak for Ogun state coz I served there, Abeokuta precisely, lovely environment, but the government have stopped paying as at last year, but by and large the standard of living is relatively ok, transportation isn't too expensive but the indigens could be diabolical at times, some are nice
D most boring place in the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by awo666(m): 7:07am On Jan 08, 2016
faksy:
pls dudes advise
omo guy u dey copy me? Dats wat i chose. Am curently serving in niger state (batch b 2015)
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 7:14am On Jan 08, 2016
whizqueen:

Unless you're posted to Makurdi, the state capital you can never enjoy benue state. IMO
HAHAHAHAHAHAH. FAINTS
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Bnladan(m): 7:16am On Jan 08, 2016
danduchi:
Kaduna is better, if you're hardworking u earn better than ur mate in other state... State govt pays just 3k but there is opportunity and good market deals
dey dnt pay anymore. But its a 9ce place 2 serve. Transport is cheap, foodsuff too nd upon all clothn
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by omocalabar(m): 7:17am On Jan 08, 2016
everybody complainin here and there as if they all grew up in heaven.....its kinda funny though.....served in mbaise, IMO state and even abokis frm the desert were still complaining abt the place,..yoruba corpers say the students re very dumb....i jus laff cos ve been to their places and knw that theirs are worst....

3 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 7:19am On Jan 08, 2016
ZZ22:
Anambra, Enugu and Anambra...
U can only choose 1 state from southeast
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Shehucom(m): 7:20am On Jan 08, 2016
mommysgirl:
D most boring place in the world
Mind proving it?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Dolypson04(m): 7:20am On Jan 08, 2016
Experiences will always be a two sided coin. A paradise to one is a hell to other. Like someone said earlier, Let God lead you that's if u believe in God. If you don't, just follow ur mind.
Awaiting Corp member too. Thinking Enugu, Edo and Kwara

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by cr80vity(m): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2016
ify2016:
LMAO
see this Otondos in the house.
You go fear nah. Abi mek we enlighten you on how to chose a better state for service.

OTONDO will always show why he or she is otondo.
egbon, I v it in mind to make every nairalanders benefit so dnt tink evryone s self fish like u mayb

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Shehucom(m): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2016
ladycomfort:
. Please how do you know they are diabolical.

Jazz levels my dear
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by awo666(m): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2016
Fraih:
anyone served in Niger state? Any useful info will be appreciated.
niger is a good place to serve but d state s very big o, u can travel fr seven hour within d state. frm minna to my ppa (rijau) is 6hrs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

NYSC: My Unpaid Allowances / Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.