Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) (4586 Views)

Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) / Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 / Emir Of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II As A Youth In 1970: Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Cyojunior(m): 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
A historic picture which marks the end of the Nigerian civil war between 1967-1970 that led to the death of millions of Nigerians have surfaced. Philip Effiong, a general of the Biafran Armed Forces looks on as the General Officer Commanding the 3 Commando Division of the Nigerian Army, Colonel Olusegun Obasanjo, initiates a paper of Biafran Surrender in the Field on the 13th of January, 1970, after Effiong’s broadcast of the ‘Biafran Surrender’ on 12 January, 1970. The leader of the rebellion, Odumegwu Ojukwu fled Nigeria for Abidjan, Ivory Coast leaving Effiong to do the surrendering and ultimate capitulation of Biafra to the Nigerian Armed Forces.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
ok we have seen the pic..its gud to be in peac.. but whats with that writeup undecided
is this supposed to be a beef or what.?.. undecided

mynd44 com do ur work if u really aint partial.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by sammyscholar(m): 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Mologi(m): 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
Too vintage....
The one he accepted was fake... The original one is yet to be submitted...

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
Amazing picture and history.

They shall surrender again without violence.

Nonsense

12 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Karlovich: 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
undecidedBy then a certain man was cooling off in abidjan

8 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Lytech(m): 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
We are in PMB era.... Biafrans,try nonsense and you end up in jail... Biafra my foot

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by DIVINE78: 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
The leader of the rebellion, Odumegwu Ojukwu fled Nigeria for Abidjan, Ivory Coast leaving Effiong to do the surrendering and ultimate capitulation of Biafra to the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Yeye coward.

16 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Chanchit: 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
How I wish Nnamdi knows history, he for no dey disturb us like this cos him fore fathers don surrender.
But I won't even blame Nnamdi much cos he has elders that should remind him of what really happened, but they all sat back while Uwazurike begin scam even the elders of passport to nowhere and they even went as far as buying plate number to prison! What a shame!

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Cyojunior(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
northvietnam:
Mod , Remove this topic Asap...

seun won't u implement rule number 9 again...

Y are u calling d mod ! Dis is jst a throw back on our history. Am nt trying to createany nuisance her or trying to break any rule

Pls. Take note

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
story story
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mologi:
Too vintage....

The one he accepted was fake...
The original one is yet to be submitted...

Ofcourse! The original 1 will be submitted to the current COAS - Buratai after the soon to be brutal cleansing.

We're just patiently waiting for them to rear their ugly heads again for us to rectify the mistake of 1967 - permanently. grin

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Cyojunior(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
tosscash1:
ok we have seen the pic..its gud to be in peac.. but whats with that writeup undecided
is this supposed to be a beef or what.?.. undecided

mynd44 com do ur work if u really aint partial.

Nno one is on d beef syd of any stance here.

History cannot be trampled upon or divulge no matter they've kept its frm us we will styll tlk abt it. I. Spent gud 6yrs in secondary skul without knowing any history abt our past event lik d biafra /nigeria war. Isn't dat bad ?

Na moderator u sabi call instead of conjugating senses!!!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by ElekeNtioba: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
2016 is not 1967

Boko haram and Niger Delta militants could have been easily defeated in two weeks in 1967 bt it took an amnesty program and other concessions to end conflict in N'Delta and Boko Haram is still waxing strong today.

Whoever is comforting himself with history of 1967 is severely deluded.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Elruhamah: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ask them where this paper of surrender is now and nobody will be able to answer.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Meanwhile the shameless coward fled to Abidjan

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Cyojunior:

Nno one is on d beef syd of any stance here.

History cannot be trampled upon or divulge no matter they've kept its frm us we will styll tlk abt it. I. Spent gud 6yrs in secondary skul without knowing any history abt our past event lik d biafra /nigeria war. Isn't dat bad ?

Na moderator u sabi call instead of conjugating senses!!!

so u spoke sense now right?
and u are not ashamed to mentioned that u spent 6years in secondary school without knowing the history crySMH for u...
ok mr olodo... if u were not taught in secondary school.. how about now canT u buy history books or even use always available google If u really care about history rather than waiting for som1 to post it here for u..SHAME! lipsrsealed
for ur mind u have sense yet u exposed ur stupidity with ur comment...DUMB BOI! cry
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 07, 2016
Jaydee009:
Nairaland

is becoming more biased by the day... Threads talking about Biafra are promptly deleted, while threads showing why some mastu.rbators "think" Biafra will not work are retained and perhaps pushed to front page.Where is the place of "fair and balanced reporting"?

PS: I'm not IPOB, but let it be known to all ye naysayers" Biafra is beyond Nnamdi Kanu... It is an ideology and mindset of some people who feel their interests are better protected in a new country.

dat is my point and one foool quoted me to talk rubbish claiming he is sensible..
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by APCcrimesHD: 12:44am On Jan 07, 2016
leave trash for lawma...dis is 2016!
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by cannonnier(m): 2:12am On Jan 07, 2016
APCcrimesHD:
leave trash for lawma...dis is 2016!

this trash. belongs to Seun, Lawma, KEEP OFF. :-)
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Cyojunior(m): 10:15am On Jan 07, 2016
tosscash1:

and u are not ashamed to mentioned that u spent 6years in secondary school without knowing the history crySMH for u...
ok mr olodo... if u were not taught in secondary school.. how about now canT u buy history books or even use always available google If u really care about history rather than waiting for som1 to post it here for u..SHAME! lipsrsealed
for ur mind u have sense yet u exposed ur stupidity with ur comment...DUMB BOI! cry

yea am in my right senses of maintaining a good stance of utterances

Y will i be ashamed of telling u I spent 6yrs in second without been taught d history of nigeria specifically the civil war, can u imagine d level of callousness been portrayed. Am nt supppose to be ashamed rather u shld be ashamed of swaying away frm the truth

Do u tink am as dumb as u ? Oh u gat it wrong infact I read numerous book of history specifically the nigeria civil war , I have downloaded so many vital video clips as many as possible on my phone so as to get more vital. On wat transpire to the killing of numerous people

Infact mr dumb am d Op. Its people lik u wu seek the truth bt never spoke about it cause of fear !!!

Calling me a dumb boi ? Tnks bt I mst let u knw dat tinking straight frm ur dirty ass won't hlp u !!!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 07, 2016
Cyojunior:

[s]yea am in my right senses of maintaining a good stance of utterances

Y will i be ashamed of telling u I spent 6yrs in second without been taught d history of nigeria specifically the civil war, can u imagine d level of callousness been portrayed. Am nt supppose to be ashamed rather u shld be ashamed of swaying away frm the truth

Do u tink am as dumb as u ? Oh u gat it wrong infact I read numerous book of history specifically the nigeria civil war , I have downloaded so many vital video clips as many as possible on my phone so as to get more vital. On wat transpire to the killing of numerous people

Infact mr dumb am d Op. Its people lik u wu seek the truth bt never spoke about it cause of fear !!!

Calling me a dumb boi ? Tnks bt I mst let u knw dat tinking straight frm ur dirty ass won't hlp u[/s] !!!

tski tski tski.. grin grin
obviously u are dumb and it's accentuated and portrayed in your writeup...... because it is trash and out of point
what truth are u talking about and what fear.
obviously ur dumb brain ran out of ideas on what u say, and u cant help it but beat around the bush.
u can never match me in anyway.. academically and also being smart in all ramification.
U ARE DUMB BUT U DONT KNOW IT...dats worst part of it, have u heared this saying that..
''HE WHO KNOWS NOT BUT DOnt KNOW HE KNOWS NOT IS A FOOOL!''... i didnt say that bro! cool
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Super1Star: 10:42am On Jan 07, 2016
God will bless the descendant of Effiong that refused to run away, rather he saved the lives of others by surrendering jejely, while one Usain Bolt was Ben Johnsoning away to Ivory Coast.

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Cyojunior(m): 10:55am On Jan 07, 2016
tosscash1:

tski tski tski.. grin grin
obviously u are dumb and it's accentuated and portrayed in your writeup...... because it is trash and out of point
what truth are u talking about and what fear.
obviously ur dumb brain ran out of ideas on what u say, and u cant help it but beat around the bush.
u can never match me in anyway.. academically and also being smart in all ramification.
U ARE DUMB BUT U DONT KNOW IT...dats worst part of it, have u heared this saying that..
''HE WHO KNOWS NOT BUT DOnt KNOW HE KNOWS NOT IS A FOOOL!''... i didnt say that bro! cool

Tnks for da complement.
Gat no tyme to join issues wit u !!!

Arrogance is d other side of ur I. Q !!!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 07, 2016
Cyojunior:

Tnks for da complement.
Gat no tyme to join issues wit u !!!

Arrogance is d other side of ur I. Q !!!

now u know u dont have time....
when i made my first comment did i insult u?
why not bypass my comment but u just decided to quote me with insult...
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Cyojunior(m): 11:14am On Jan 07, 2016
tosscash1:

now u know u dont have time....
when i made my first comment did i insult u?
why not bypass my comment but u just decided to quote me with insult...

U claim u never aroused abusive words against me ? I tink u are d one with a dirty conscience. Y using d word dumb !!!

In short wu are u to tell me if am suppose to be ashamed or not !!!
Guy be carreful its 2016 !!!
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by blazetitov: 11:16am On Jan 07, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing picture and history.

They shall surrender again without violence.

Nonsense

Keneking, this is not funny. Some of your fellow citizens just lost their means of livelihood.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2016
Cyojunior:

U claim u never aroused abusive words against me ? I tink u are d one with a dirty conscience. Y using d word dumb !!!

In short wu are u to tell me if am suppose to be ashamed or not !!!
Guy be carreful its 2016 !!!

guy... was dat my very first comment?...
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) by Cyojunior(m): 11:41am On Jan 07, 2016
tosscash1:

Dose whhere ur words !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Katsina Election Tribunal Relocates To Abuja / MC Exposes President Jonathan In The Presence Of His Wife / Osinbajo Is Tinubu Errand Boy - See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.