Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC (12802 Views)

Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience / Has Any One Ever Purchased A Vehicle From Owode Market? Share Your Experience / 11 Items Nigerians Should Have In Their Cars – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by IamPatriotic(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
terrible.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by princemillla(m): 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
I ensure my docs are intact, my extinguisher, and c caution are intact. But wen I see them, I flash my head lamp 3 times. They will leav.

But befor this av paid sacrifices and never will I pay such again cuz av learnt to be Patriotic
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by sam4eva777(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2016
AngryNigerian:
Mine is very simple...

I have perfected the identification method for these uniform people...the way they flash their headlamp, their composure/disposition, slangs, etc...

FRSC: Oga can I see your licence?
Me: e spiri' d'corps!
FRSC: Which Corps, ID pls?
Me: November Oscar, i'm an India Tango there (then i mention an Air Force Command very far!)
FRSC: But r u not with your ID?
Me: It got lost when I when we were responding to a Seria Oscar @ Adamawa...but you can radio this number for clarification (i have already arranged my guy-in-crime to pose as an Air Comodore, same thing i do for him when he's flagged down)
Meanwhile, i carry Air Force insignia, service belt across my dashboard, & well-shaved
FRSC Officer: you may go...oga, na forceman.

Pls, don't qoute me if you try this & it backfires!!!

Hahahahaha...
grin so so funny. I wish this can work....but e fit land person for where recruit soldiers/police go use the person learn work.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by obagangan: 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
they held me b'cos of pointer sometime ago, I have to pay my Fine into 2 bank acc, I wasted up to 4hrs that day,

na error them bee
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by Fizzbizzie(m): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
Can't remember the last time I travelled by road.. Na teleport sure pass..
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by ForFun: 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
I was taking a stroll when i came across FRSC arresting vehicles, to my own surprise i was gradually taking my hands towards my left shoulder to look for seat belt ...WTF undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by 99foxxy(f): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
If you think you have everything in your car, road safety will still have something to nail you, claiming you don't have. whenever they stop me, I will show down then fire and speed off. yeye people.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by fickola2000(m): 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
You can not escape them, extinguisher or Triangle caution, Papers or any other things, you will still for in their hand, my advice to you is always have your car full of all their requirements.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by kikies(m): 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
bodejohn:
If you are on the highway, I have only two words...

Slow down but don't stop...

My bad...that was more than two words and worst still bad advise!!!
True dat bro,it works esp on olopa
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by adebaxton(m): 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
Was flagged down opposite an Army checkpoint on my way to Saki via Iseyin, a car of 5 passenger, I carried 10 ppl( 6 adult , 4 kids) traveling for an occasion, I told them I wanna park at the front, I sped off madderly.
I know my offence, 2 passenger at the front seat beside me, overloading, no driving license, no extinguisher, overloading.

Was hailed like a king by other vehicles that witnessed the scenario when sighted at Iseyin- saki road.

Be bold

2 Likes

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by kikies(m): 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2016
Bt in d first place y wld u wanna drive without ur papers complete,C-caution,rope,etc
It doesn't mk me feel comfy,driving n looking ahead whether FRSC dey front or VIO
I always gat my shit locked down n I look at dose pple d way I look at my poo cool
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by innolala(m): 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
U drive a car nd u dony knw VIO jst pray nt to meet dem. Day more mean dan FRSC
agoadiv:
which one is dat??

cc lalasticlala
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by slim247: 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
all the ways the agencies better pass some , they ar trying na gun remain for them.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by photoshoot(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
angry
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by pavlovt: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2016
It happened to me early this month, the guy asked me to park and asked for DL, though it was expired I tried to play a very smart one on him by giving him a rugged photocopy of DL and he managed to still discovered with smile and gentle plea he let me go.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by omron(m): 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2016
I hate them with the whole of my life
Road Safety or thief
?
I was caught this morning by FRSC despite putting on emergency trafficator as my gear box cut off from the engine and I was on my way managing it to the mechanic they still parked me at the end of the day I bribed them with #500 naira....
I hate Road Safety with passion
to me they are not protecting citizens from accident instead they a renal ways on the road to enrich their purse
May God bless Nigeria
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by samfuntua: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
My is in the area of drivers license
My driver’s license got expired and I went online and processed the form for renewal.
But to get data capture at road safety office at Moscow road is hell
You must come through their agent and pay some amount of money to get capture and if not, you will resume with them and close with them for months without success

1 Like

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by alaskido(m): 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
I am a SPECIAL MARSHALL with RS 6.1 RIVERS STATE. FRSC officers are kind and assist road users a lot. They are better than the Nigerian Police. I will prefer a FRSC officer arrest me than the Nigerian Police.

They ensure you are safe on the road. My advise to all is to ensure whenever you are on the road to have updated vehicle papers and all the necessary accessories that the car needs. For the bribe taking that I do not know because during our joint patrols I have never seen any FRSC officer collect bribe.

1 Like

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by odimbannamdi(m): 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
AngryNigerian:
Mine is very simple...

I have perfected the identification method for these uniform people...the way they flash their headlamp, their composure/disposition, slangs, etc...

FRSC: Oga can I see your licence?
Me: e spiri' d'corps!
FRSC: Which Corps, ID pls?
Me: November Oscar, i'm an India Tango there (then i mention an Air Force Command very far!)
FRSC: But r u not with your ID?
Me: It got lost when I when we were responding to a Seria Oscar @ Adamawa...but you can radio this number for clarification (i have already arranged my guy-in-crime to pose as an Air Comodore, same thing i do for him when he's flagged down)
Meanwhile, i carry Air Force insignia, service belt across my dashboard, & well-shaved
FRSC Officer: you may go...oga, na forceman.

Pls, don't qoute me if you try this & it backfires!!!

Lol...You be very bad guy o.

Do you know that of the Army?
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by yomz1e(m): 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
They are nothing but highway robbers in uniforms and you never see them in rich streets like in Abuja city center only in outskirts. My getaway pass is waving my work ID card that looks like an SS IDcard, it has a big coat of arms on it with double Capital SS in BOLD red obviously you have to look the look as well and your car must be correct too so its all about packaging. I used it on police too and often get saluted too. Gives me jokes everytime it works, but one day one eagle eye policeman looked at it and asked which security body? i told him can't he read, he said yes i see SS , but but but.......am like officer , do you know how many Secrete service operate in this country? the policeman looked lost and just waived me on. Another N20 saved for offering on Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by phatgirlz(f): 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
chocolateme:
yes, he collected the contacts of all the passengers in the bus including the driver's own. Ma nke nwanne gi nwanyi.
lozzz grin
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by youngibeh(m): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
cmart09:
I had an experience with them while I was still in the university.
On that faithful day, I was rush to school for a test that was scheduled for 9am, mid way into my trip I bumped into them, they were like eight of them, with five of them scattered in front of my car. I had no option but to slow down and trafigated like I was going to allow them Bleep me up, as soon as I did that they all cleared, and I gave my car a full throttle while the shouted 'stop him stop him!!', that is just one of my many encouter with FRSC and I will never stop for them except Army is in their front.

JUST PRAY NOT TO MEET MY TYPE OF PERSON. THAT DAY YOUR OWN DON FINISH grin grin
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by aspirebig: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
Those guys are very very corrupt now.

Imagine driving down from Lagos and i was stopped by FRSC guys at Ore,after greeting the guy that stopped me,one Oyebola,he asked for my driving license,i showed him the photocopy,he asked for the original,i told him i dont carry it about. My driving license is the REAL one,not fake,it cost me like N12k and took like 3months plus to be processed plus all the capturing wahala. So even from the photocopy,the background of the passport will show you that is authentic,the passport background is not the same with the fake one done with N5 to N6k that is ready in 4xhours or less. Having checked and noiced that the driving license is real one,the guy asked of my fire extinguisher and C caution,i told him that they are intact but for the luggage i have on the seat where they were kept. The Oyebola guy who should be in his early thirties now direct me to his Boss Mr Tunji,dark and average height guy who is older. The Tunji guy now checked my papers are said i am carrying overload,i said overload? I am alone in my SUV,the luggage are all mine. He said my offence is overloading and the fees is N20k,or they will charge me to their office and issue a ticket to me. But i just took it easy with them as i already have experience of how they can delay me unnecessarily,i know of lastma and police delays in Lagos,so i just allow them to talk,they asked me to park well,so i reparked now closer to their official truck. Then i talked to one other FRSC guy who seemed to be more reasonable,after Mr Tunji rejected my N1K offer,the more reasonable officer asked him to collect 3k and they left me. I did not see any other officer on my way till i got to my destination.

But why will FRSC be stopping people on federal high ways on sundays ? Even some FRSC cars do not have functional headlamps,pointer,fire extinguisher and C caution? Why are they very aggressive and unfriendly? Are they not being paid salary? Must they collect bribe? Why are most of our uniform officials corrupt? Must they be very wicked by wasting people's time? Can't they just give a verbal warning and let person go? Buhari should look into the activities of all these uniform men on our Federal high ways. Some of them are just there to extort money from the citizens. It is the same FRSC guys that produces both fake and Original driving license. Even the old driving license that was scrapped,they were the people that normally produces the fake and originals. They always claim that the capturing machine is not good,but once you drop N1K to one officer,he will take you inside to be captured immediately and the capturing machine will be good. Sometime they claim they tyres and the tyre expiring dates,is it not our borders that the tyres passed into the country? All the big lorries,911 that loads fake tyres,fake drugs,fake automobiles spare parts pass through our roads daily,once they bribe the officials they pass.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
My advice, put your vehicle in order, get new tyres, make sure your papers are up to date.

Lastly dont stop for them if you see that they dont have a vehicle or bike to chase you.

These guys behave like cult boys they just like to intimidate people who have the courtesy to stop for them. angry
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by hrykanu231(m): 3:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
FRSC,

I was travelling with my very stubborn uncle(a young lawyer) to Jos. After we passed Forest we saw more than 8 FRSC officers, we were flagged down and the following ensued;

Officer: Please can we see Ur papers
My cousin: be specific with your request
Officer: your Driver's license, sir please also show us your fire extinguisher, he added.

My cousin used language and told me that his DL is OK, but his fire extinguisher is bad. But that today will determine if the money we spent on him in law sch was a waste or not.

He came down from the car and went straight to their Van leaving the officer behind who attempted to remove d key from ignition, of course I resisted him..
Next thing I heard his voice very loud, and I heard him speaking Latin or so(guess one of this their legal maxims), he continued I will sue u bla bla bla...
All of a sudden they story changed to Oga please take it easy, don't worry about the extinguisher and the asked me to beg him. They wished us safe journey.
I kept mute for a while, I now asked him what happened? He said he noticed their own fire extinguisher was also bad and their break light was bad. He now told them that they cannot judge him to have defaulted considering the state of their car and the extinguisher... I just kept nodding, I might try his concept soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by ndidibabe(f): 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2016
photoshoot:
Haha! cheesy
I was the only one driving(My dads jeep)

If you are familiar with Ile-ile to Ilesha express road, shortly before you get to this Obadares CAC camp, the bad portion of the road was were they stopped me.

I was a young dude then, barely 20, but was travelling alone. I saw them from afar and knew they would stop me so I already prepared myself for how to reply.

Once they saw how young I was, they asked for drivers licence, I gave them, then they wanted to start asking for other things which I knew wasn't so complete, I just changed it for them, I got down from the vehicle.

I made sure I raised my windows and locked up the window.

Me: Officers this isn't right you know?
RS: how do you mean
Me: using a portion of the road to stop vehicles, not just any road, express for that matter. Any vehicle could be coming with full speed and suddenly you stop it, others could lose control like that.
RS: Mr man, are you going to tell us our duty? Is it your problem were we stop vehicles?
Me: I kept quiet.

I knew my dad who was popular in the state was coming with other vehicle, so I just waited for them to come,when they did and they saw me. Immediately they recognised him, they asked me to go not without hailing me.
Trash.

1 Like

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by greatbuc(m): 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
See your life? For every incident on the road the officers take your number, write a report and wait for people like you to blab.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by gloryman91: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
Not all of them are bad there are nice ones among them,I would have loved if government could equipped them more to reduce crashes on our roads give these guys more incentives to boost their morale. Ramadan Kareem.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by nancy4nast(f): 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2016
anangboy:
I have run foul of them twice. At Alagomeji, close to Zenith bank, i was stopped. My driver's license had expired, road worthiness had expired the month earlier and i had no bin in the car. Them squeeze 3k comot my hand.

The very next day i was caught again. By the same FRSC and i was accosted by the same man i paid the day earlier. A northern man with slashing tribal marks. I explained to him that i was still processing my papers and that i met him the day earlier. The man no even look my face. Told me to bring 5k last. Omo story change o. I told him i don't have. They towed my "tuke tuke" to their Yaba office and deflated one of my tyres. I had to pay about 4k into their bank acct.

they catch me for expired fire extinguisher hummm they seize my driver license n ask me to pay 3k to their bank acc, i spend over 4hours for bank that day, i hate dem pass police ooo
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by ArikeAriyo(f): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
All na thief
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by ArikeAriyo(f): 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
Double post

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driving Tips For First Time Drivers In Lagos / 10 Bad Habits That Can Damage Your Car / Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.